• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Games you're embarrassed to say you like.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Just remembered a few more because I found them in the garage.

You know what? Screw it, I'm not embarrassed AT ALL to like these games, mainly because these games kick major ***. They just need A LOT of patience to get good at.

Superstarmario

Smash Journeyman
Pokemon. Bought Diamond for no apparent reason, and enjoyed it for a while. Though the trade in was inevitable.

And Bad Boys 2: Miami Takedown. The game is so bad it's awesome.

behemoth

Smash Journeyman
The shield. I gametested it for 40 hours a week for two months, and found most of the major bugs... there were alot.

Now it just brings back memories.

I have a compilation video I made of some of the funnier bugs that never got taken out.

But, I reported them... sad panda.

Anyways, if anyone wants to see it, I'll find it, sure it's around here somewhere.

Oh, and my biggest one is Little Nemo: Adventures in Slumberland for the NES

Such a good game though it was different than the movies.

Emulate it, you'll like it.

Somasu

Smash Ace
Hey You! Pikachu!

I felt so awkward screaming random words into that microphone thing, but it was still somewhat fun xD

Also.. Chameleon Twist. Both liked and hated the game. Loved the concept, hated how short it was.

Gerbil

Smash Champion
I, too, love Iggy's Wrecking Balls. Best racing game for the 64 EVER (screw Mario Kart? *gets shanked*)

I saw someone mention Aidyn's Chronicles. Dude, if you enjoyed that game I give you mad props, because I could not get past the "ice stage" for crap and eventually got pissed and never picked it up again lol.

Quest 64 was good too imo.

Darkfur

Abbey Recorder
sneaking low to the ground, ready to pounce
Final Fantasy X-2

Gosh that story was so... not worthy of the title Final Fantasy...

However, I absolutely loved the gameplay. I loved how the Dresspheres worked, and looked. I loved how they leveled up, and I loved changing in the midst of battle. I found the battle system extremely fun for this reason and had no problem getting my girls to Max Level.

PikachuSSBM

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Tsuzama
haha i loved X-2. i liked how the dresspheres worked, looked and how they leveled up too. didnt you feel a bit embarassed by "1000 words" FMV?

Cereal Rabbit

Smash Lord
Pokemon. I love this game, but people who I live with think it's for kids. (Like Trix Cereal!!!!!)

Rabbits can play Pokemon like they have Cereal.

Weed

Smash Lord
Final Fantasy X-2

Gosh that story was so... not worthy of the title Final Fantasy...

However, I absolutely loved the gameplay. I loved how the Dresspheres worked, and looked. I loved how they leveled up, and I loved changing in the midst of battle. I found the battle system extremely fun for this reason and had no problem getting my girls to Max Level.
Agreed, I love that game, funny story on how I came to own it..
People try comparing it to FFX, which fails.

Zevox

Smash Lord
Can't say I'm actually embarrassed about 'em, but I can say some others would think I should/would be:

- Quest 64. For some reason, nobody liked it. I quite enjoyed it - the story was shallow, but the gameplay was great, particularly with the nice huge variety of spells to learn and the fact that combat was almost entirely focused on them, not on physical combat, a nice change from the typical fantasy RPG.
- Aidyn Chronicles: The First Mage. Even with everything done so half-*****, that was one enjoyable game. Just makes me wonder how great it would have been if the developers had thought out the story better and finished hashing out the gameplay and graphics to get rid of the bugs and bigger imbalances.
- Sonic Heroes. The mere fact that the Chaotix were playable in there guaranteed I'd like it, and to be honest I think its underrated even regardless of that.
- Pokèmon. I have to guess its reputation is from the God-awful anime, because I see nothing wrong with the games. Recently got back into it after a long hiatus by picking up Emerald and Diamond.
- Mega Man Battle Network 1 & 2 - I truly don't understand why some Mega Man fans don't like these (can't speak for the others of the series, never played them - totally missed that they existed until recently). They're different from the classic/X series, sure, but they're still great, quality games. Corny stories, but then again the classic games had such too.

Zevox

eighteenspikes

Smash Master
The shield. I gametested it for 40 hours a week for two months, and found most of the major bugs... there were alot.

Now it just brings back memories.

I have a compilation video I made of some of the funnier bugs that never got taken out.

But, I reported them... sad panda.

Anyways, if anyone wants to see it, I'll find it, sure it's around here somewhere.

Oh, and my biggest one is Little Nemo: Adventures in Slumberland for the NES

Such a good game though it was different than the movies.

Emulate it, you'll like it.
Little Nemo was amazing.
Can you upload that video?

Akiak

Smash Ace
Who ever said Pokemon is bad? Pokemon games are one of the best u can find.

I can say 1 embarassing thing. I hate war games.....and Halo by what I've seen on the web

Darkurai

Smash Master
Every 3D Sonic game I've ever played.
Super Smash Flash
Metroid Prime 2: Echoes

Gedennnnn

Smash Journeyman
Pokemon. It's hard not to be embarrassed about it. That horrible anime doesn't help with its embarrassment either. Horribly pun after horrible pun then the bad guys explode. Who cares anymore?

teeman92

Smash Lord
Pensacola, FL. That place that Tristen de Luna fou
I, too, love Iggy's Wrecking Balls. Best racing game for the 64 EVER (screw Mario Kart? *gets shanked*)

I saw someone mention Aidyn's Chronicles. Dude, if you enjoyed that game I give you mad props, because I could not get past the "ice stage" for crap and eventually got pissed and never picked it up again lol.

Quest 64 was good too imo.
i remember my mom rented that game(iggy), that game was awsome, yoshi story was...bleh, but a fun platformer

Top Bottom