• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Games you're embarrassed to say you like.

Sanity Questioned

Smash Rookie
What are some video games you're kinda embarassed to say that you like? I have a whole bunch, but I think I'll just share one:

Yu-Gi-Oh! : Forbidden Memories

Even though I got this game while I was in to the whole YGO fad, I have to say that after playing this again about 5 years later, this is still one of the more enjoyable non-conventional games out there. Basically, the game is a fast-paced version of the trading card game, with a few rule modifications (such as no offerings needed to summon high-level monsters). The game also has a pretty decent story, centering around the Pharaoh.
I used to like that game too!

Bubsy the Bobcat

Gamingboy

Smash Lord
There is zero shame in liking Pokemon. It is one of the most deceptively deep games ever made, and every one of the main series games has also had a above-average story compared to most "collect-em-all" RPGs.

Now as to the actual question at hand: I really liked Mickey's circus adventure for the SNES way back when....

KirbyForAll

Smash Apprentice
super monkey ball for gc

my friends and I actually started fighting during the race mode.

... tragic i know

NukeA6

Smash Master
I found the SNES Power Ranger games pretty fun (except for that crappy fighter). I only played them once with the curtains closed and the sound lowered. I don't wanna get caught playing anything like that.

Weed

Smash Lord
Never been ashamed of Pokemon, never will be.

-The Halo trilogy (dont give a ****, I love them.)
-World of Warcraft (not anymore..lol.)
-Maplestory (played it for a week, decided to quit since I liked it too much..ugh)
-Naruto fighting games (I'll always regret saying "YEAH WELL, I'D DESTROY YOU IN CLASH OF NINJA 2")
-DBZ Budokai 2
-Any game that isn't gunz+moar gunz at my school.

oh and, the matrix online, rofl..what was i thinking

Flipstar

Smash Journeyman
I love the naruto games with a burning passion, but i don't tell my white friends or they'll tease me about it for weeks.
I also used to play maplestory, i quit cuz i figured it was to kiddy of a game.
Oh and um, animal crossing i was obsessed with that game and played it 24/7 until i beat it >.<

i rise

Smash Apprentice
pokemon, harvest moon, and WoW.

i have one other friend who really likes harvest moon too but everyone i know bashes on me for liking pokemon. WoW is a different story, all my friends play it but playing it is not high up on the list of things i say to impress people.

PaperDream

Smash Apprentice
No, Super Monkey Ball and Super Monkey Ball 2 for GC are great party games. Do not be embarassed.
Agree'd! Super Monkey Ball 2 especially. Monkey Target 2 is probably the favorite of my friends and I, but golf, billiards, shot, and bowling are fun, as well as the story mode where you take turns.

I play Pokemon, but I'm not embarrassed or anything. I used to be, but I hated being a closet Pokefan, so I went all out. Now I have a few Pokemon shirts and I have Starmie and Dewgong stickers on my badge at work...

demoncaterpie

Smash Champion
Abra abra cadabra. I wanna reach out and grab ya!
Pokemon Channel and any SNES/Genesis game based off a cartoon or movie (if it had Mickey Mouse or Aladdin in it, I loved it).

There was also that McDonald's game made for the Genesis. That was an awesome game. When I found out later on it was made by Treasure, I think my heart stopped.:laugh:

Maeotian

Smash Cadet
I guess I'd go with Pokemon on this one.

I also kinda had a liking to this Rocket Power game. I think it was called "Beach Bandits" or something like that. (Hey, it was a gift from my mom; I couldn't just turn it down cold turkey). So I played it, and it was pretty ok. It felt like a watered down Tony Hawk.

Oh yeah, I also play Runescape.

Twisted

Smash Cadet
Pokemon Snap, Iggy's Reckin Balls, Yu-Gi-Oh, and Naruto Games...

except most of those are REALLY good to play.
Omg I remember Iggy's Reckin Balls! That was an awesome game. Anyways, mine would have to be Yoshi Story. Actually i just played it a few days ago.

Black Waltz

Smash Champion
pokemons not so much an embarrasing game to play for me since my jock friend plays it. but one game that im embarassed to say i play would probably be yugioh duelist of the roses. i still play it occasionally when im incredibly bored.

MetalLuigi1209

Smash Ace
Yoshi story, I am embarrassed to show that I have it on my wii to my friends. Lets put it this way, I showed it to my friend in second grade, and he thought it was childish then! Maybe it was because there was too many hearts... and Yoshis singing.
Still a kick*** game though... just a little to easy...

Cinder

Smash Master
Pokemon...I'm 18, and I still play Pokemon...of course, my dad does too...it's kinda like a weird father-son thing...he actually has a few good team ideas...he really got into it...

Oh, and I also loved the Kirby games >_<...

NF Alex

Smash Journeyman
Sonic Shuffle. -_________-'

Also I don't really think Pokemon Snap counts, most people think it's a good game, not amazing but still pretty fun.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
I'll have to say Harvest Moon and Pokemon :o

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Pokeon snap was awesome. I want to see a remake of that some day. Actually now I think about it, it'd be perfect for the Wii. Wiimote is the camera, and you can even send pictures you want to your Wii Message Board like the screenshot tool in Corruption.

Where was I? Oh yeah.

DOAXBV.

I was a lot younger and it was the only volleyball game I'd played.

EDIT: Just to clarify, I mean that past tense. I played it briefly not long ago and it sucks.

iMichael

Smash Lord
It's my sisters game, I would never play that game in front of my friends. I tried it out and for a kids game, it's cool. I'll never play it again though, it's not like a play it constantly, it was a one time thing.

SirroMinus1

SiNiStEr MiNiStEr
NNID
Ajarudaru
It's my sisters game, I would never play that game in front of my friends. I tried it out and for a kids game, it's cool. I'll never play it again though, it's not like a play it constantly, it was a one time thing.
lol i see i thought you went into the store and ask for a hello kitty game. LOL

Top Bottom