• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Games you play competitively?

ZeroFox

Smash Lord
Self explanatory. Most of you probably play Smash on a competitive level, but are there any other games you do the same with?

Call of Duty- I did this for a few years, started and led my own competitive team, entered online tournaments and won several of them. Quit after a few years since it really took a lot of time out of my life.

Pokemon RSE- Technically I began getting interested in competitive Pokemon back in the GSC days. That's when I started familiarizing myself with strategies and such. But RSE is when I actually got deeply involved in the tournament scene in addition to studying the metagame. I got lucky enough to win several of those tournaments.

Pokemon DP- Basically just continued where I left off for RSE. Also got involved in the tournament scene here and won a few tournaments. I stopped playing Pokemon competitively pretty recently.

SSBM- Played this competitively for several years. Entered a handful of small-mid sized tournaments. Won many, but a majority of my wins came from fairly small tourneys, where other pros were rare. Entered some bigger tourneys a few times, did pretty well for myself but obviously never ranked as high as the real pros. Stopped this once Brawl came out.

SSBB- I'm getting into this on a competitive level. Currently looking for tourneys to get involved in.

jigglyppuff8

Smash Lord
I wouldn't call myself a competitive player for my lack of tourney experience, but I have read articles several times to know what everyone's talking about. Games I "competitively" are:
1. Pokemon D/P/
Pt
2. Super Smash Brothers Brawl
3. Mario Kart DS
4. Puzzle League series

Geist

Smash Master
-Melee: I've been playing it since it came out, and have been playing it competitively for a while now.

-Brawl: I'm not so sure about Brawl. I'm at a halfway point between thinking it isn't competitive enough, and doing it because it's where most of the action is at the moment.

- Soul Calibur: 2 and 4. I havn't been to as many tournaments for these ones, but I have played on equal grounds with people who have.

-Halo 2 and 3: I'm a bit of a diehard with these games. I don't know why, they're just so good.

I really really want to start on Street fighter now that it's coming to the 360.

smallwolf24

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0834-2422-8954
1. Yugioh trading cards (AKA children's card games)
2. Super Smash Bros. Melee & Brawl (lack tournament exp)
3. World of Warcraft Arenas
4. Chess and Go

Other than that I'm not very competive person.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
-Brawl
-Panel De Pon
-Pokemon
-Mario Kart Wii
-Soul Cailber IV
-Kirby Air Ride
-Mario Super Sluggers

That's all I play competively to this day.

XACE-K

Smash Master
Mostly the Smash series. I have tried other fighting games though. (Street Fighter, Soul Calibur, etc.)

Red Exodus

Smash Master
Mario Party.
You're joking right?

Anyway, I don't play anything competitively anymore, I gave Melee a shot but I had no one to play against and now that I do have people to play against they prefer Brawl. I hate Brawl's mechanics and physics so I didn't even bother to try competitive Brawl.

unknownPresence

Smash Ace
back in the day i participated in everything, starcraft online leagues, mlg series, smash, dota, went to evo once. now im a casual gamer whos just bttr than all his friends at school.

I stopped bc i only placed well in local tournies, ive only placed top 3 in a game at a national level twice. My friends who still play competitively are all bttr than me now, but i still have time to play chess and tennis(real) competitively.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Street Fighter II
Street Fighter III
Marvel VS Capcom 2
Capcom VS SNK 2
Guilty Gear XX Accent Core
Smash Bros Melee
Smash Bros Brawl

Practically most of the Capcom fighting games.

stranga

Smash Journeyman
I play Team Fortress 2 competitively... sometimes. I'm more of a substitute though I play with alot of clans.

I do want to play MvC2 and third strike competitively aswell

Angrylobster

Smash Lord
I try to play ST, and 3S semi-competitively. I think i'll dive into SF4 when it comes out. I'm gonna try and make that the game I travel for

SharkAttack

Smash Lord
All the Smash games.
Ken Griffey Jr. Presents Major League Baseball for SNES
Mario Kart
Donkey Kong's on SNES (Play the competition mode against friend's. First one to beat the game not counting the lost world and bonuses wins. Basically got to get from 1st world to beating King K. Rool, Kaptain K. Rool or Baron K. Roolstein. Depends on the game. Call these Donkey Kong off's.)
007 games
Star Fox 64
Tetris Attack

If you mean competitive like in tournaments than none of these games count but if you mean to beat your friends and not hold back then these games count.

_umbra_

Smash Champion
I'm mostly just melee now. I still play brawl but it's boring

I used to play a lot of Call of Duty: United Offensive for PC, but after COD2 came out I got bored :(

I play Pokemon D/P sometimes too... only shoddybattle though, too lazy to ev train lol

Finally, some Kirby Air Ride here and there. :)

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Mostly Melee, thats about it. ^^;

EnigmaticCam

Smash Ace
Back in the day I used to play Descent online a lot. Joined all the descent ladders and played in tournaments. Best **** online competitive game I've ever played, but I don't think there was any money to be made if you were good.

ZeroFox

Smash Lord
All the Smash games.
Ken Griffey Jr. Presents Major League Baseball for SNES
Mario Kart
Donkey Kong's on SNES (Play the competition mode against friend's. First one to beat the game not counting the lost world and bonuses wins. Basically got to get from 1st world to beating King K. Rool, Kaptain K. Rool or Baron K. Roolstein. Depends on the game. Call these Donkey Kong off's.)
007 games
Star Fox 64
Tetris Attack

If you mean competitive like in tournaments than none of these games count but if you mean to beat your friends and not hold back then these games count.
Yeah I was looking more into tournament level games. Although I you could count other games if, say, you attempt to play on a higher level to achieve record scores. IE: People who get high scores in Star Fox 64 to get the world record or something, people who do speedruns in other games to grab honors as the fastest player, etc.

I would add Star Fox 64, Metroid Prime, Metroid Prime 2, and several other games to my list if that counted though.

Vicious Delicious

tetigit destruens
Switch FC
SW 0141 8170 9257
I mainly do Brawl tournaments only these days, but I also play Guitar Hero III on occasion and Melee and Tetris DS if I'm up to the occasion.

Psychoace

Smash Champion
3S
Mortal kombat 3
SC 2
marvel vs. capcom II (quit after a while)
Tekken 5/tag
melee
Counter strike (way back in the day)
followed most of pokemon
Tekken tag

Aarosmashguy

Smash Ace
hmm well...

SSBM - uh its the best game of all time!
Pokemon ds - MAh CHaRizArd iS beTTeR THAn yourS.
Mario kart ds - for some reason I found that I really really REALLY liked snaking perfectly around tracks.

and those are the only real games I feel good enough to compete in.

BloodyPuppy

Smash Journeyman
Well I'm starting to go to Brawl tourneys, but I'm mostly trying to increase my skill at games so I can go competitive. I'm getting better at melee so I'm going to try and do some stuff with that.

I'm working on getting better at Street Fighter 3S, I need to buy Guilty Gear XX ^ Core, and I'm getting better at CvS2. I think I've got the ability to go competitive with Counterstrike Source, Team Fortress 2, and Call of Duty 4. I just don't really know how to get into a competition or anything.

Miharu

Smash Hero
Well I'm starting to go to Brawl tourneys, but I'm mostly trying to increase my skill at games so I can go competitive. I'm getting better at melee so I'm going to try and do some stuff with that.

I'm working on getting better at Street Fighter 3S, I need to buy Guilty Gear XX ^ Core, and I'm getting better at CvS2. I think I've got the ability to go competitive with Counterstrike Source, Team Fortress 2, and Call of Duty 4. I just don't really know how to get into a competition or anything.
Start with the forums; those usually lead you to a tournament in one way or another.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I could probably play Brawl competitively if I practice more

I might be able to play Halo (as crazy as that sounds) if I get better against the best person I know at the game

Basically, I have the potential, but I've been too busy to actually fallow through...that and the only person that I know that can actually play video game well, I am not able to talk to...we split ways sorta. ...Me making stupid mistakes in life and having to deal with the consequences.

Top Bottom