• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gamer's Edge - SC/NC Brawl Weeklies - next: nevar

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
Beast, xD

So my store has new mgt due to 2 cries of racism (i kno what your thinking, and no, it wasn't me. Sexist man-hate? Sure, lol)

Well.... they tried to call me in, as there were no employees at 7:22. But Mgt isn't supposed to get there till 7:30. Reg employees like myself don't start till 8. Call ins would'nt be till past the 30, xD

1000wokemejohns

Argyris

Smash Journeyman
Beast, xD

So my store has new mgt due to 2 cries of racism (i kno what your thinking, and no, it wasn't me. Sexist man-hate? Sure, lol)

Well.... they tried to call me in, as there were no employees at 7:22. But Mgt isn't supposed to get there till 7:30. Reg employees like myself don't start till 8. Call ins wouldn't be till past the 30, xD

1000wokemejohns
Awesome reason to be awake so early! xD

I stayed up all night in hopes of being able to fix my ****ed up sleep schedule. Snow in Charlotte. I figured that my classes would be canceled because of it so it wouldn't matter if I was tired throughout the day.

Why there's nothing more than a delay here at UNCC is beyond me, especially when the roads are so icy that I tripped in the middle of the road on my way to the cafeteria for breakfast. :(

The Director

Smash Lord
@Adam: Jman has a request for you. He wants to go tomorrow, but he needs a ride. (just like last week) Can you oblige?

This request goes out to anybody else if they have the means. Thanks.

The Director

Smash Lord
So did anybody show up last night?

And the trick to beating Kack's IC is to get rid of Nana first. Once she's out of the picture Popo topples over like a set of dominos.

JMan8891

Halfrican-American

And the trick to beating Kack's IC is to get rid of Nana first. Once she's out of the picture Popo topples over like a set of dominos.
And Sonic: EASILY gimps them, any spin move seperates them, really fast/invulnerable upB make him really hard to grab. Yepps

JUST got Platnium on Dead Space, so i may drop it off tom afternoon.

Anyone got a ps3 game w/ttophies to lend? Resistance 2, LBP, Fallout 3, POP, ect?

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
whats the secret to beating Kackamee's ice climbers?
dont' get grabbed if I had to guess.
That is true, but it really isn't that easy, to not get grabbed. You just have to outsmart me and space correctly

That also is true, but not easily done (it is easier for some chars than others though) But I've actually improved quite a bit on SoPo so I can atleast rack up some good damage before going out

Also:
1st Adam (Snake/Falcon)
2nd Kack/Sparx (Ice Climbers)
3rd Devin (Marth/DDD)
4th Bo (I think) (Lucario)
5th Jman (Sonic)
5th Billy (Fox)
and I don't remeber the rest. But about 4 of Billy's friends came.

And Sonic: EASILY gimps them, any spin move seperates them, really fast/invulnerable upB make him really hard to grab. Yepps
Yeah, Sonic is a real pain, he is really quick, and he is hard to keep up with. I can only get a grab once in a match and from there on I just have to play smart.
EDIT: Also watch out for my desynch techniques, if you can try to keep me from desynching, cuz If I get a really good desynch flow out there, I can do some pretty major mindgames. And try to not get juggled if possible (not sure if there is anything you can do about it lol) One thing that I did to Adam in the finals: Nana Footstool>Popo Dash attack>N-air>Dash attack>U-air>U-air>B-air. It was something like that, but I got like 60% off of it.

Lareit

Smash Ace
we had 11 people.
Would of been an even 12 with brandon
16 if joe,ali,peter,phil had come

The Director

Smash Lord
O snap, was this the first tourney Brandon didn't attend?

Ugh. I'm so sorry I haven't been able to come in a while. I'll try to come this week or the next. (but don't I say that every week??) :ohwell:

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
10wtfs??? No JMan love??

1:) Offered to return DS- Smash tom a bit after 3. Take M to work, swing to ur place?

2:) New game- Im jones-ing, lol

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
Nvrmind. Im down if anyone wants to stop at my place for smash, otherwise, im killing off my backlog of last gen games

1827 Paces River Ave Apt 13-204
Rock Hill, Complete

Call or txt 1-815-519-7475

Im bored is all, not quite a smashfest either, lol

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
I would come, but i'm about to go to the movies with some of my friends. After that, I'm going over another friends house. I'm free tommorow if you don't have to work or anything though.

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
Sorry Kack, i do work tom.

Its ok, GOW1, FFXII, KH:RE COM, DMC1-3, FFVIII/ IX, L.O.Dragoon, Parasite Eve, and FF1 are all on my backlog to replay, finish last tidbits, or play.

I think my day is full, lol. Also, SM Galaxy and 100% of RE4 too. Yep

Mega_$m@sh

Smash Journeyman
I believe I'll be able to tell you all that by next week I should have a venue to hold Saturday weeklies or Bi-weeklies, meaning if so I will need help because the players have to supply the tv's and wii's and brawl for this to work. (Like the NYC weeklies I [used to] go to!)

So if ANY ONE is down to help support a Sat. weekly or Bi-weekly let me know on the thread, PM me, or even call (803 -389-9211) **** I don't care just give me feedback! lolz

Don't stress, it is in Rock Hill, SC not far from either Fort Mill(25min or less) and NC(about a half hour) - Plus NC people go past Rock Hill to get to Fort Mill any way so it's a little bit shorter ride

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
No, lol. RH is south of FM, so the NC folk would not pass it. HOWEVER, its like 7-8 mins away from FM when one travels on 77.

Try for a bi-weekly, as we have a regular weekly, and u'd get better attendence thst way. I'd go/support with 1 complete setup if it waves my fees. Also, time is important. If its 5-whenev, i can make every one. if its noonish, i might miss a few due to work scheduling

Lareit

Smash Ace
I believe I'll be able to tell you all that by next week I should have a venue to hold Saturday weeklies or Bi-weeklies, meaning if so I will need help because the players have to supply the tv's and wii's and brawl for this to work. (Like the NYC weeklies I [used to] go to!)

So if ANY ONE is down to help support a Sat. weekly or Bi-weekly let me know on the thread, PM me, or even call (803 -389-9211) **** I don't care just give me feedback! lolz

Don't stress, it is in Rock Hill, SC not far from either Fort Mill(25min or less) and NC(about a half hour) - Plus NC people go past Rock Hill to get to Fort Mill any way so it's a little bit shorter ride
I have no tv i can spare, but I can supply a wii.

I'd attend likely every single one of these as well if they happen.

zCasanova

Smash Lord
Most of the GE crew can help you run these, if they happen.

I have an entire set-up and the stuff needed to record.

Give us some more info when it comes your way.

Edit: What is the name of the venue?

Mega_$m@sh

Smash Journeyman
Well I'm looking in to a place called The Freedom Center, about the other one I'm currently trying to acquire now. The owner is being a D'Bag lolz - If I can I want the venue fee to be free, but if not I'll will try to put it as low as possible :)

Also bringing setups will lower the venue fee (if there is one - because I know people) :chuckle:

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
Well, 5 dollar door fee isn't bad, and set ups bypass that... lol

If a weekly, i know i can't afford it. As with many.

If Bi-weekly, i can stretch my monies to do it. Additionally, bi-weekly theoretically nets a higher turnout (and being a saturday, many ppl who can't quite make GE can go meaning *gasp* the growth of SC smash, lol)

ImpactAR

Smash Ace
Crio,

Your video made me smile. I don't know if it was because of the chirpiness of the song (at least the first one) or the stunts you picked out. LOL. Either way good job on the video. I lika. I lika a lot!

Maybe Ryan and I may catch you guys end of this in two weeks. Prepare yourself!

Mega_$m@sh

Smash Journeyman
Ok so I'll make it a Bi-Weekly thing because it was my first idea in the first place! - Still looking for a venue so give me some time cuz I'm serious about this!

Plus - if this works out we might be able to build serious respect from the other states down here! Thats Right FL and ATL I'm talking to you

zCasanova

Smash Lord
Just do a $5 door fee--venue owner kind of needs a reason to let you use the place.

I doubt anyone minds $5, as long as it's a place to play Smash.

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
Yeps, 5 ain't bad

Man im bored, beat GOW in 7 hrs.... and my entire backlog is things i've beaten except FFXII, but i just popped it in and i can't stand it anymore.. really. 1 hr no saves, and some random *** enemy super pwns me FROM A DIFFERENT AREA as in... nothing i had in range came even half the distance, bs

Or NG Sigma, but my ps3 is tapped, no HDD space to install. I is sad

Anyone here got Xenogears or Parasite Eve II?

Top Bottom