• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gamer Meetup STHLM

ajp_anton

Smash Lord
SuperMotaro, a video game store in Stockholm, is organizing a video game convention in Stockholm on february 18-19. There will be exhibitions (game developers, fighting game communities) and most importantly, fighting game tournaments.
They will also include Super Smash Bros Melee, however we (the community) will have to do everything ourselves. Of course since the tournament is run by smashers, the rules won't be stupid etc. We will try to make it as professional as possible, with commentators, livestream etc. The most hype matches will be played on stage with a projector.

We don't know about prices yet, but it may be like any smash tournament where what you pay to enter goes to the winners. This is all still in an early planning stage though.

We might be able to reserve room for 200 smashers, but we need to know how many people are interested.
Sleeping is planned in another building nearby.

If there's enough interest, we can rent a bus that goes from e.g Malmö (southern Sweden) via Gothenburg to Stockholm. If it's cheaper for non-swedish people to get to those cities, say so. We need enough people on this bus to make it happen.

Sweden:
1. Yuna
2. Jack
3. ajp_anton
4. Leffen
5. Veetaak
6. Random-ness
7. Beat
8. Niño
9. Isa
10. MikeHaggarKJ
11. VJ
12. Dev
13. Osxcar
14. Lolex
15. Rocky
16. Lootic
17. Armada [Bus, Gothenburg]
18. Volvagia
19. Mazor [Bus, Gothenburg]
20. Kuja [Bus, Malmö]
21. Aniolas
22. Zoler [Bus, Gothenburg]
23. HI5
24. Android
25. Slynus
26. Gamba [Bus, Gothenburg]

Europe:
27. Fuzzyness [UK] [Stockholm Skavsta Airport]
28. Aske [Norway]
29. King Funk [Denmark]
30. saska [Finland]
31. bËst [Finland]
32. Jolteon [UK]
33. VA [UK]
34. Ørn [Denmark] [Bus, Malmö]
35. NamiNami [Finland]
36. Jekkukissa [Finland]
37. mayhem [Finland]
38. RTpmwe [Finland]

World:
39. CHAiN-ACE

King Funk

Int. Croc. Alligator
Interested!

(I swear the 10 character rule is made perfectly so we can write "Interested" as a single response to tourney threads).

leffen

Smash Champion
Awesome to see interest from the scandinavians!

We're also looking to help sponsor at least one top European player! (If you can't afford it otherwise, that is).
If a american player is looking into to coming (unlikely, but still) we'd love to help as much as possible too.

PM me if you're in need of sponsoring.

Armada

Smash Lord
This is a great chance to make the community much bigger so Im really glad to see people wanna come to this tournament.

AJP you should post a list with everyone that have plans to attend.

Ørn

Smash Journeyman
Interested. Bus from Malmö would be perfect. I am pretty sure most Danes would be interested in having the bus.

Eagle (Denmark)

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
Also if the bus is cheaper then I'm interested in doing that, lol.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
I will be studying in Europe this upcoming semester and I want to go to some tournaments and stream! Leffen pointed this out to me so I'm interested =]

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
can anyone house me before/after the tournament? also how long would I be able to stay? I could potentially be in stockholm for a week if people are willing to house me =D

Monday 13th -> Friday 17th Flights to Stockholm

£9.99 no taxes

Tuesday 21st Flight to London

£9.99 no taxes

£19.98 if anyone can house me anytime before the tournament, and leaving on tuesday!

or Monday 20th Flight to London

£18.39

£28.38 if anyone can house me anytime before the tournament, and leaving on monday!

PEEF!

Smash Hero
Fuzzy we should go to these things together because I don't really know how euro travel works =]

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
ah awesome

Edit: Peef might be coming with us then (HES FROM THE STATE BEEZACHES), and also 2 other UK smashers. Would anyone be able to house 4 people? if you can only house me that'd be no problem

Popopidopop

Smash Cadet
Alright! Mad timing!

Im just about to buy a return ticket from Shanghai to Stockholm so I'll be able to attend this tournament right before going back to China again!

Count Pop in for sure!

Btw havent touched a Controler since Beast 2, so any1 wanting to play alot from around 26:th of Jan until tournament will be much appreciated.

Daisuki

Smash Rookie
Hi,

Me and PeyudoSmith (Smashers from Barcelona, Spain) are really interested in attending the tourney.

We would need housing, since we're students and our resources are limited, cant afford anything else : (
The flights avalible from here are Friday 17th, to Skavsta, arriving at 22:30. The problem is the last bus trip to Stockholm is at 22:00, and until 3am there is not another one. The flight back to Spain is Monday 20th, at 15:45. We can take a bus back to the airport from Stockholm.

If someone could house us and bring us from the airport to his house would be awesome.

PS: Need fast reply couse the flight price is increasing 2 fast : )

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
Im booked!

GOING OUT

From London-Stansted (STN) to Stockholm Skavsta (NYO)
Wed, 15Feb12 Flight FR 52 Depart STN at 08:45 and arrive NYO at 11:55

COMING BACK

From Stockholm Skavsta (NYO) to London-Stansted (STN)
Tue, 21Feb12 Flight FR 59 Depart NYO at 17:25 and arrive STN at 18:40

Paju

Smash Journeyman
I actually found cheap enough flight with which I will get to the venue early enough so I'm pretty much confirmed! Also needs more people like Nami said.

Stomps

Smash Rookie
This needs to be updated.. there are other smashers that are interested that aren't on the list.

ajp_anton

Smash Lord
I regret making this thread, someone in charge should have. I just did because nothing happened.
I'm not really interested in keeping the list updated, I have nothing to do with the organization of this event. I don't even really know who is =).

Something seems to be happening soon though, as I heard they want to have some meeting with us smashers tomorrow.

ajp_anton

Smash Lord
OK so I was at the meeting, and it looks like it's all under control. Leffen and Jack were also there, don't know if they have others to help them run things though.

The sleeping situation is a bit unknown at the moment. Don't know if they had something before that failed, but they will try to get some good deals with a nearby hotel.
Most people seem to get housed by other smashers though.

We have our own area in the venue for Melee, and we can do pretty much anything we want there. In addition, we will get to play our finals on the big screen.

Top Bottom