• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Game Play Advice and General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Philo$opher

Smash Rookie
Been there. Well, sort of. I don't take losses *that* bad (well, kinda).
I find this type of rut requires some sort of mixing-up of the battle plan, or even just the approach you take on the game. So basically, I think what you need depends on the specifics of your current battle plan. --Play Charizard every time and mostly lose? Try picking up other characters, maybe the character you wrote off as 'too easy' to use, like Mario or Luigi.
Also, it could be you've been taking the battles too seriously, and you need to do some silly mew2king-esque shenanigans to get you in a better mood. Hope some of this helps.

Strider755

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ike755
3DS FC
1220-7045-0584
I play Mario and Ness as well. I have about the same win percentage with them as I do with Charizard. And I just came off of a week-long break (although it was because i was studying for finals).

Also, @LightLV, NEVER say that again. You know what I'm talking about. That phrase enrages me beyond belief.

Last edited:

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
That phrase enrages me beyond belief
See, this is a reflection of your mental state: You let things get you.
In order to improve you need to improve your mentality while playing.

The first step is recognizing that a loss is not absolute: If you lost then it means you have room improve. Save your replays, notice your patters, work on doing different stuff.
It's not an easy road though.
:196:

phs_togusa

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
1693-2550-1336
Okay, first off, it's good that you were critiqued for your tech skill. Being technical and understanding the mechanics of the game is not a bad thing, and is in fact very desirable. Yet technical skill won't win you tournaments, not if your fundamentals and mastery of the basic elements of the game are lacking.

I'll give you an example from recent experience. I play PM competitively, but right now it's just low-level stuff. I don't have much technical knowledge or expertise (I can barely even wavedash), yet I've done reasonably well in bracket in any tournament I've been to. I don't have much difficulty beating opponents that are much more technically skilled than I am, because most of the ones that I've fought have been relatively sloppy in their basic gameplan and it's very easy to download their style and thereby punish their mistakes. They can be winning for most of the game because they can wavedash and chaingrab 'til the cows come home, but ultimately their plan is predictable and they don't mix it up enough to keep me guessing. It's not difficult to punish that kind of straightforward thinking, especially when you play Ganondorf, a character who thrives on beating down people who make fundamental mistakes. Even so, I get bodied when I fight players that have both good fundamentals and in-depth technical knowledge - and rightly so. They know how to play the game and they can exploit my relative inexperience, because they have better techniques than I do, and most importantly, because they understand the fundamentals of the game. PM is a game where tech skill is very important, probably just as important as fundamentals, but you need both if you're going to succeed.

Tech skill is good if applied well and it's a necessary part of progressing to higher levels of competitive play, but you won't get very far with just that; especially in Smash 4, where tech skill isn't as important as being able to play the game consistently and creatively. So if you're being criticised for being too predictable and not mixing up your gameplay enough - well, that's good feedback and it needs to be addressed!

If you're being punished for being predictable, it's because you're doing the same things in the same way and your opponent is able to read that and punish you before you even do it; even more than that, your opponent will deliberately bait you into responding in a certain way just to get the punish. The more you respond in a certain way, the more you reinforce the pattern both in your head and your opponent's head, and that makes it more difficult for you to mix things up and easier for your opponent to punish you for it. You might approach the same way every time, you might be throwing out unsafe moves, you might be playing aggressively when defensive play is better, or vice-versa. Sometimes it's not a good idea to try to combo at every opportunity; often the best thing to do is to play patiently and set up for a different kind of option, especially if your opponent expects you to combo. Whatever you're doing, you're not doing enough to keep your opponent guessing. That's a dangerous habit to have and you won't do very well until you can fix it.

If you want to be less predictable, the first thing you need to do is evaluate your playstyle and be perfectly candid with your performance. Examine replays of your games and ask yourself: what did I do here that I got punished for? Did I try to approach in the same way or use the same moves in the same contexts? Do I use the same movement options too often? Did I use unsafe moves when a safer move would have been better? You have to be able to recognise your own faults before you can work on fixing them. You probably don't know intuitively what you did wrong, because your mindset within a match is very different to your mindset outside of it, so it's good to review your performance from an objective stance, divorced from the pressure and immediacy of the match itself. Get somebody else to review it for you if you have to. Just make sure you know what you're doing wrong first: you can't fix something if you don't know what the problem is!

The next thing you want to do is practice varying your gameplan and fixing the problems you've identified. This can be very difficult if you've become habituated to perform in a certain way, so it's something you're going to have to consciously try to fix. Go to training mode and set up certain conditions, then respond in a way that you wouldn't normally, and keep doing it until it becomes muscle memory. Then do the same thing and find a different way to respond to it. Play with friends and force yourself to try new things until you don't feel compelled to do the same habitual things you've been doing up to this point. If you notice yourself falling back into the usual unsafe rut, force yourself to take notice and then try to do something else next time. It can help to play different characters when practicing, as this will help you get a feel for different playstyles and force you to hone your skills in different ways - for example, if you have difficulty approaching, it might be good to play a character with a wide variety of approach options, or if you can't play defensively, you can play a character that wants to stay back and be patient. Don't dismiss your main entirely, but try to branch out and experiment with new things. Diversity can help you refine your skills in ways you wouldn't be able to with just the one character!

Then you want to get better at reading your opponent. There's no right way to practice reading and no magic formula to make you better at predicting your opponent's moves, but the best way I've found to refine your reading skills is to take it slow and consider what options your opponent has in any given moment. Think about how they've done things themselves and whether they will do the same thing now. Know the optimal way to punish and be prepared to do something different if they mix it up. Never get complacent in your reads: if your opponent predicts that you will respond to their move in a certain way (in other words, if they read the read), they can react differently to throw you off or, again, bait and punish. Being able to read your opponent is just as important as making it difficult for your opponent to read you.

Finally, practice. Play with other, better people, go to tournaments more, just keep playing and never stop trying to get better. There's no easy way to fix your problems, but a good first step is identifying them and being willing to change. That's about as much as I can tell you. The rest you will have to practice for yourself - good luck!
I was just skulking about this thread to scope out any posts that might help me with my latest dilemma, but this one just hit the nail on the head completely. Thanks, Wintropy for helping me even if you didn't know it.

Strider755

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ike755
3DS FC
1220-7045-0584
I'm starting to think that my attitude is getting worse. I am generally only satiated by good wins.

YoshiYoshi

Smash Apprentice
I don't know if this is going to help anyone, but I've learned a method for quantifying my air game that applies to all characters. I think anyone who's trying to get better should go into training mode and practice all possible combinations of short hops, full hops, attacks, air-dodges, reversals, etc and think of them as individual moves.

There are so many possibilities for what you can do in the air that it is difficult to know how to optimally use your jumps. All it takes is knowledge of what your character is capable ofwwithin the time frame that they are in the air.

For examples, when I jump I have hundreds of different things I can do after that depending on what combinations of actions I take while in the air. This is especially useful in spacing and following up on air-dodges.

SH > Do nothing
SH > Fastfall
SH > Action
SH > Action > Fastfall
SH > Fastfall > Action
SH > Action > Action (rare)
SH > Double Jump
SH > Double Jump > 2-3 Actions
SH > Action > Double Jump (very rare?)
FH > Do nothing
FH > Fastfall
FH > Action
FH > Action > Fastfall
FH > Fastfall > Action
FH > Action > Action
FH > Double Jump > Do lots of stuff
FH > Action Double > Jump more stuff

(Action can be one of five to ten viable air attacks or air dodges, GREATLY multiplying potential lines)
(The list could be much much longer if I were more specific)
(one can lean left or right on any move to make it it's own individual move)

Maybe this doesn't make sense or is better understood by better players than I, but it's an advantage I've developed for myself over lower skilled players that I would like to share. It's better to go into the game knowing what you can do in the air rather than freestyling it. Doing things like FH > B-air > DJ > B-air, missing them the first time catching them the second time, would be hard to do if I didn't know before hand exactly what the pattern looked like. When something doesn't work, I can point to exactly what I did over the course of my jump that led to things going wrong. It's a very useful way to look at the game, but there are so many combinations to learn that I still have some moves that I've never used to this date long after discovering this technique.

SapphSabre777

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4742-5094-9684
I have a bit of a problem (well, problems) that I have identified after playing some FG to check my general status: I have really bad fundamentals that lead to me having a questionable neutral and disadvantage.

Countless games, I was faced with Captain Falcons that would simply curbstomp me to trying anything in neutral and successfully reading my disadvantages. I never roll, I rarely spot-dodge, I do not know how to punish rolls or properly roll myself (I say this, because I am taking out a defensive option), simply walking or SH-aerials get me hit and KOd.

I am aware that stuff like this will likely require extensive training or even a tutor, but I want to get better at the game and understand what I need to do less and more.

EDIT: I ended up looking at some replays that I saved (even though I won) and saw the problem areas of choice when compared to some replays sent by MikeKirby (even if it is Singles and Doubles, the issues are still visible). Any help on understanding these things are greatly appreciated. These things are:

• Very rarely do I run backwards, I almost always seem to go forwards. I also seem to never walk.
  • My approach from jump almost always seems to be SH-Action, which leads to punishes on top of the first point ( Y YoshiYoshi 's point sounds like it will come in handy).
  • Very rarely do I roll in or out, jump OoS, and spot-dodge, limiting my defensive options.

Last edited:

Shinyfox

Smash Rookie
NNID
Shinyfoxx
(I am a brawl player so I don't have any advance melee teching skills or anything)

As a new sm4sh player, I picked zss (zero suit samus) as my main cause I like the whole idea of zone-breaking and playing aggressive. But it seems like I really suck and I need help I tried to brush up on frame data and getting a whole new concept of the game. I am a really passionate player I just feel like watching a lot of videos and reading guides really doesn't help me all too much. So I was wondering if there was any zss players that be willing to coach me over skype or something that be awesome.

- Also on a side note. I didn't know if I was posting in the right thread sorry ahead of time! And thanks!

- Edit: I actually picked lucina as my main cause I really like her aggressive style. But I'm not too happy about much of her lack of options she has.

Last edited:

jmjb

Smash Apprentice
NNID
anhJer
who's a good character for a kid? about 13 years old, enjoys the game but not going to practice or study smash. I want them to be able to play and have fun, but it's no fun if you always die first and get never any kills. any character suggestions?

Shinyfox

Smash Rookie
NNID
Shinyfoxx
who's a good character for a kid? about 13 years old, enjoys the game but not going to practice or study smash. I want them to be able to play and have fun, but it's no fun if you always die first and get never any kills. any character suggestions?
I would find out your play-style first. Then play around with the characters within the play style and brush up on teching and etc. (Game mechanics and etc) So just play around in til you find something you win with that's what I did but it might not work for you. So just keep playing in til it does a takes a bit to settle in to a character but once you find the one that works well with you just run with it.

SSJDavidas

Smash Rookie
NNID
SSJDavidas
3DS FC
1005-9727-8087
Hey all, I'm just going to copy this post over from a different thread since this one seems a lot more active

Ok, here goes nothing:

I've been playing smash since the original Melee days, so I'm looking for some help on character selection because at this point I am too biased and always end up choosing characters that let me sink back into really bad habits (looking at you Marth).

I'd consider myself "decent" at this game. I will admit, I use to think I was pretty good at it... until I played Smash 4 and experienced For Glory and playing against true tournament level players. I have many bad habits that are hard to break that I'm trying to work on - like rolling - but I'm slowly overcoming them. Though if anyone has some advice on how to reverse the rolling habit, I'm all ears. I literally spent my time playing Melee at the age of 11 telling myself that "rolling everywhere is what I SHOULD learn and should be doing..." so yeah, hopefully I can overcome that bad programming. Advice would be appreciated!

As far as characters go:

I like to play characters that are fast with great mobility and with great range when it comes to their attacks (whether physical or projectiles). I've used Pikachu, Little Mac, Marth, ZSS, and now currently Lucas as "mains".

Naturally, I have randomly tried all the other characters on the roster to some degree.

I have two hurdles that I believe affect me most: I have trouble playing a friend who mains Rosalina and who focuses a lot on grabs and a playstyle that heavily uses punishing tactics rather than rushdown or zoning/spacing (for all characters not just Rosalina).

I have a hard time NOT rushing down opponents as (like earlier with the rolling) I taught myself to play that way because otherwise playing defensively or patiently was being "cowardly" or "spammy", if with projectiles.

So it comes down to two questions in the end I guess. Do I keep my same playstyle, or change it? And either way, which characters should I be using and learning - especially ones that will help me face my friend head on and give him a real challenge?

TLDR; Best play style and character please

Thanks for all suggestions and help!

Omegabot

Smash Rookie
NNID
RockStar11021
3DS FC
0688-5482-1818
The road to being a good competitive player has been rather ruff for me, I main Mario and Falco and I think there okay-good. I've been to a couple local tourneys and I've done not the best ( plus they are decently expensive as well) and I'm kinda hesitant on attend another one, because I think I need a ton more practice still. But the main thing is lately I have been stuck in a void of going back and forth between giving up on it entirely and just playing causally for good, and telling myself to give it another chance, you will improve, go to Anther's Ladder, get 2-0'd constantly, repeat. Honestly as I'm writing this I don't know anymore. I don't know if any other smasher is experiencing this, but this how I feel personally as of late.

Sonicninja115

Experiment. Innovate. Improve.
The road to being a good competitive player has been rather ruff for me, I main Mario and Falco and I think there okay-good. I've been to a couple local tourneys and I've done not the best ( plus they are decently expensive as well) and I'm kinda hesitant on attend another one, because I think I need a ton more practice still. But the main thing is lately I have been stuck in a void of going back and forth between giving up on it entirely and just playing causally for good, and telling myself to give it another chance, you will improve, go to Anther's Ladder, get 2-0'd constantly, repeat. Honestly as I'm writing this I don't know anymore. I don't know if any other smasher is experiencing this, but this how I feel personally as of late.
The thing is, if you give up then you will never get better.

Save your replays and watch them. Compare them to pros matches and see what you are doing wrong character wise compared to them. Then, look at your playstyle. Why are you losing? Is he outmoveing you? Reading you? Edge guarding you? Then find out how to stop that from happening as often.

Try to find out why you are losing, that is the best way to improve fundamentally IMO.

Also, make sure to learn the MU's of the characters you fight the most.

Learn what you can punish and with what.

Hope this helps!

C0rvus

Pro Hands Catcher
Going to tournaments may be what we practice for, but it's also some of the best practice you can get. I can understand the cost being an issue, though. Perhaps try playing online or looking for local players to play with? There is plenty you can do to improve outside the game and on your own, but playing the game against players of similar skill is very good for improvement as well.

LeWall

Smash Cadet
NNID
Eriiluup
I want to upgrade my shield game to the next level, Tips, tricks or faster way to learn it.
or how did you practice(other way than practice basics) hell even Grandma's medicine... Im taking all info!

Pazx

hoo hah
NNID
Pazx13
You can "ride the gate" which is when you angle your shield fully to the left or right and then drop the analogue stick down one notch (on a gamecube controller) to a diagonal, but you still need to be able to get the timing down consistently which is up to you.

There's also that shield drop -> down special thing that there was a video about but I don't really understand that, lol.

Sonicninja115

You might also be able to try and meet up with people that usually go to the tourney.

Gecko Moria

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3179-6596-3895
I don't know why but It's always been like this for me. Like today on anther's ladder I was playing against some pretty exceptional players and holding my own against them. Then I found this one guy who used Mewtwo and just stood on the other side of the stage spamming shadow balls. I could barely even touch him and he took the 2 wins off of me. Anyone else have this problem and does anyone know how to overcome it?

PIXLEsauce

Smash Cadet
NNID
Cheatingtaco
3DS FC
2320-6152-1291
Because less skilled players are less predictable, and tend to spam attacks that more skilled players wouldn't, i suppose. the best thing to fight these kind of people is to either identify their patterns and close in on them, or change your character to specifically fight the strategy they used against you in the first match. Also, try not to get shaken, because that's the worst thing that can happen.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
The previous players utilized tactics you handled well, while the Mewtwo player utilized a tactic you handled poorly. So logically, the answer is to ask yourself "What beats Shadow Ball?"

It might sound like the most obvious advice ever, but in all seriousness if you aren't adapting to an atypical tactic there's no reason for your opponent to stop doing it. Think about why that tactic beat you, what you could've done differently, and if necessary spend some lab time with the move to learn its ins and outs and better understand it.

Gecko Moria

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3179-6596-3895
o logically, the answer is to ask yourself "What beats Shadow Ball?"
I did that and tried reflecting with pitoos orbitars but I forgot that he can quickly reflect it back then...sigh...
Also, try not to get shaken
I think this is the problem. I usually adjust to what my opponent is doing but when somebody just spams one move or does something else extremely annoying like the aforementioned Mewtwo I Get frustrated and stop thinking. I guess i've got to learn to keep a level head in situations like that.

|RK|

Smash Marketer
Because less skilled players are less predictable, and tend to spam attacks that more skilled players wouldn't, i suppose. the best thing to fight these kind of people is to either identify their patterns and close in on them, or change your character to specifically fight the strategy they used against you in the first match. Also, try not to get shaken, because that's the worst thing that can happen.
Pretty much. More skilled players are gonna do more reasonable stuff that you can predict and even guide. Less skilled players will do **** that doesn't work until it does and pick the worst options... except you won't expect 'em.

Evello

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TinyTinyHippo
3DS FC
0473-7825-0053
You're better at playing better players because you are adapted to fighting against the kinds of strategies they use. Bad strategies are not necessarily bad because they have no merit. Oftentimes bad strategies are extremely effective against the unwary. But all bad strategies inherently have some exploitable flaw. The key for you is to stay flexible and attentive so you can find that flaw. Oftentimes exploiting said flaw will require you to play super strangely yourself. Be prepared to use dumb gimmicky techniques or lame, repetitive strategies. You might end up just sitting in shield for extended periods because their play is overly aggressive, or you might forgo shielding entirely against an opponent who is too grab-happy. If your opponent's punish game is subpar you might even be able to throw out raw smashes or attacks that are regularly unsafe. The key is you need to think and experiment.

As for your specific projectile spam problem, my advice is to practice powershielding. Shielding a partially charged shadow ball is not terribly difficult even for someone with bad reflexes like me. Dash->shield basically shuts down 90% of projectile spam. The key is not to rush down your opponent blindly. Their entire game plan is centered around punishing unsafe approaches and then slipping away. Approach slowly when you see openings and bait them into thinking you are going to over-commit. They are voluntarily backed into a corner, so eventually they have to either attack or run through you if they want to continue camping. When they do try to attack or run, punish accordingly. That's what they get for giving up stage control for free.

C0rvus

Pro Hands Catcher
Against bad players I tend to play safe and reactive. Don't try to bait or even condition them so much. They probably aren't looking for that stuff. They just swing at stuff in front of them. They also tend to be predictable on defense. Pry at their bad habits.

ZafKiel

Smash Apprentice
Any tips for what is most important in preparing for a tourney? I have one coming up in less than a week. Should I focus on matchups against my characters (I'll most likely be going Fox and if I need to, Kirby) or should I just play the CPU more in that time? I wouldn't call myself great but I'm semidecent. :p

Last edited:

BlueX

Smash Hero
NNID
ukgh01
3DS FC
3325-4567-0562
Any tips for what is most important in preparing for a tourney? I have one coming up in less than a week. Should I focus on matchups against my characters (most likely Fox and if I need to, Kirby) or should I just play the CPU more in that time? I wouldn't call myself great but I'm semidecent. :p
It could be important to learn the match ups but also at the same time it is important to practice your skills. You will know what to do better if you know match ups however.

Rawbinator

Smash Apprentice
NNID
HypothesisTest
I saw it in a Trela match.
I'm assuming you know about pivot Ftilts, everyone can do that. Are you referring to pivot up and down tilts? I've definitely seen Trela do some pivot up/down tilt shenanigans, but I think it is Ryu-specific because of his dash properties

I dunno about non-pivot though, never seen that. You could look up your Youtube history

KnightFF

Smash Cadet
NNID
Crazyronan3000
I use a wii u pro controller and I was wondering even though I only use the second stick for buffered uairs as falcon should I use the second stick for all my aerial inputs and the first stick for DI or just stick with using the classic direction on movement stick attack, special etc. Thanks much!

Sonicninja115

I use a wii u pro controller and I was wondering even though I only use the second stick for buffered uairs as falcon should I use the second stick for all my aerial inputs and the first stick for DI or just stick with using the classic direction on movement stick attack, special etc. Thanks much!
I know M2K uses c-stick for aerials as it allows him to DI.

I find it nice for retreaing Fairs, and it would probably be good for CF Bair and Fair mix-ups.

Nogarr

Smash Rookie
I've noticed i roll and sit shield to much is there any simple way to stop doing that?

Robi-Wan

Smash Cadet
NNID
Freed0m8
I have entered my first Smash 4 tournament. It's an online tournament on my favourite Twitch stream. It's taking place this Saturday at 4 pm pacific time. I could use some advice on how to prepare and any tips for while the tournament is going on.

My main is Ryu. Here is my current plan:
  1. Learn to Dance Trot with Ryu. I am having a hell of a time with this. 9B makes it look so easy.
  2. Watch key youtube videos. Nay Smash Study (my own term :p ) the videos. Have laptop open, watch a bit, pause, then replicate in game. Hooded's video on Nair to spike. Trela vs. Hooded video Trela's combos. 9B videos. Copy 9B and his movement.
  3. Go on to Skype and post on the Shoryuken Ryu chat channel about tournament. Invite and ask for advice and some matches.
  4. BC smash group.
  5. Anther's Ladder matches.
That's my current plan.

What about nutrition? I almost never eat or drink anything with caffeine but I was thinking of having some green tea before and perhaps during the tournament.

I learned this from an anime. A character says that all games have a rhythm. The players have a rhythm. If you can disrupt that rhythm you can win the game. To find out their rhythm you have to find their openings. Once you find their openings you know their rhythm and you can disrupt it.

What are your thoughts on that? I'm still having a hard time finding my opponent's rhythm but it does help when I take a mental note on which of my attacks are hitting my opponent.

Everyone is welcome to join the tournament! http://challonge.com/mjgs_smash1
I don't know how many spots remain. First come first serve! There will be cash prizes for the top three!
Here is the Twitch channel! http://www.twitch.tv/masterjoe116/profile
And here is the Discord server https://discordapp.com/channels/67689825288859648/91680486342033408

I love the MasterJoe Gamer Show (MJGS) and the community. All fun, friendly people and good smashers to boot!

Okay, thank you for your time.

Ultim8

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Ultim8Luis
3DS FC
4785-6835-4967
Hey there.
So I've been playing sm4sh since its release but I don't feel like I can got any better.
I keep asking people how to get better at smash and they say that i should watch tourney videos like S@X, yet every time i watch those i don't seem to learn anything (even tho some of them are pretty hype).
So, how can a guy who prefers to learn by playing in game learn from those videos?

Justinian

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GenoAzelf
I've learned a lot from watching tournament videos. Personally, I like to look at them analytically, and break down what both players are doing in whichever state of the game I'm studying (e.g, Meta Knight's neutral, Fox's combo game, etc.), which sometimes requires me to pause and re-watch certain parts. For example, when I watch Megafox or other high-level Foxes, I make notes of every string they get off a stray hit (like u-tilt -> fair -> trap landing with up air or dash attack) and try to add the things I notice into my own gameplay. Alternatively, when I have a problem with a certain matchup (like, say, ZSS), I'll watch a tournament video to get a feel for what options that character has in neutral, and hypothesize what options I have that could beat them. Then, I try those things out the next time I fight that matchup in tournament or on Anther's, see what worked and what didn't, make notes, and adapt my gameplay from there.

Basically, the best way to learn Smash second-hand is to use the scientific method. Observe what happens and try to implement things that you see work, or things you think might work, into your game. Then, try to expand or modify those tactics yourself, adapting them to your own style to make them work better/more efficiently (or drop them if you find out your hypothesis is a dud).

Good luck out there, man! :]

wizrad

Smash Journeyman
NNID
nin10L3ro
3DS FC
4871-4875-5333
Well, first of all, you should make sure that understand and can apply every option that your character has, as well as the pressures you can put on your opponent with those options. Then, see how others do it. The last post was really in depth and advanced, but at first, just look for what moves the player is using and in what contexts. I didn't know Bowser's side B was so good in neutral until I saw Oco Le Troof using it for lagless pressure from the air, for example.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom