• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Game and Watch Glitch/AT: Turtle Pivot Sliding?

vCannino93

Smash Apprentice
I don't remember how it happened, and it was on Yoshi's Island, versus Lucas. I landed like 1 frame after you see his bair turtle, and I did some weird turtle pivot slide thing, into a grab. I saved the replay, video will be up later or tomorrow.

Has this been discovered yet, or is this a totally new glitch that can be used?

EDIT: Video

Neb

Smash Lord
Nah, sounds strange. Don't think its known.
Gagh, why'd my Wii have too be broken!? lol, I'll look forward to the video.

How long was the slide?
And what buttons were you mashing?

vCannino93

Smash Apprentice
I added a video. What do you guys think? I looked into it more: while moving back in the air, right before you land, like one frame before it, use the turtle. Then reverse grab. Since you can't grab boost with Mr. Game and Watch, this is something else.

So after the analysis, is this known?

Niko_K

Smash Master
That would make sense but, the slant is going uphill...

I don't know what that could be at all.

xandeR-

Smash Apprentice
My belief is that you're auto cancelling the turtle into a craq walk.

Nifty but unless you can duplicate it, just a fortunate accident.

Neb

Smash Lord
Yeah, try duplicating it on flawless stages, like Final Destination, or Battlefield.
Looks interesting, and I might've done it before.

vCannino93

Smash Apprentice
It turns out that it is most likely a waveland, but how did I cancel my turtle with it? And did the turtle make it go farther, because I tried to redo it on FD and yoshi's island, but the only way I got it to go farther was with the turtle.....

Neb

Smash Lord
What you said early, your able to cancel bair as soon as you hit the ground.
But egh, could you post videos of it used on FD?
Need better observation.

vCannino93

Smash Apprentice
waveland + last second land cancelled aerials = this. you are able to cancel all of GnW's aerials (except dair) at the last second, so there are 1-2 frames of it being out. the easiest ones to do are uair and bair, but nair and fair are still possible. you can use these to combine with wavelands to confuse and mindgame your opponent. [/mystery]

Neb

Smash Lord
waveland + last second land cancelled aerials = this. you are able to cancel all of GnW's aerials (except dair) at the last second, so there are 1-2 frames of it being out. the easiest ones to do are uair and bair, but nair and fair are still possible. you can use these to combine with wavelands to confuse and mindgame your opponent. [/mystery]
So you figured it out?

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
try doing this with out taking the B-Air out. G&W will still pivot

vCannino93

Smash Apprentice
good job! that's called a waveland. you should know... you made it iirc. >_>

But game and watch has the ability to combine last-minute cancelled aerials with his bair and uair. nair and fair are harder to do, and dair you can't do it with. but yea, the bair and uair last minute cancelling comebined with a waveland performs a custom waveland.

DemonicTrilogy

Smash Lord
I think that when you are still taking out the turtle, you auto cancel at that point without attack with it. It might be that the auto cancel at the taking out the turtle animation is really fast and that you just simply continued to hold on the control stick in the direction causing you to walk that way while you were sliding from the momentum you gained from RARing...

chckn

Smash Ace
lmao I figured this out first week brawl came out but then realized its really not applicable at all. Its really just a pivot and will work pretty much the same on just about any stage. I guess you can use it for mindgames or spacing but I really wouldnt. It is not a wavedash or a waveland, its just b-airing so late that the animation will come out on the floor pretty much while GW slides but it will not hit.

*also please stop refering to this as a "waveland", you cannot waveland or wavedash in brawl...

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
I think that when you are still taking out the turtle, you auto cancel at that point without attack with it. It might be that the auto cancel at the taking out the turtle animation is really fast and that you just simply continued to hold on the control stick in the direction causing you to walk that way while you were sliding from the momentum you gained from RARing...

You are completely correct. It works with with many characters with many aerials.

omegablackmage

Certified Lion Rider
now if there was a hit box that went along with this, we'd have something, but really this might be usable to trick your opponent once, thats it.

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
now if there was a hit box that went along with this, we'd have something, but really this might be usable to trick your opponent once, thats it.
I know! I thought there was when I first saw it, so I spent a lot of time trying to chain a fair into other stuff..

Then I just saw that It NEVER hit....

Tomkraven

Smash Journeyman
i did this today.... its kinda odd.. all you have to do is an aerial at the last second while holding the same direction... the animation of the slide will continue but you are actually walking towards your enemy.

Top Bottom