• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gainesville Florida Smash and Heroes Of Newerth Chit-Chat

Plairnkk

Smash Legend

As you can see, the nearest Wyndham is ~3.5 miles from the venue. Knowing this, we can figure out if/how we can get from A to B =P.

Walking would take 65 mins. =/

EDIT: On another note, I believe I'm teaming with thesage.
I am sure there is a way to get from point A to point B with the metro. I am just not sure how/if it would involve lots of walking.

However don't forget that the venue is 24 hours and mostly all smashers will be staying there so even if its more expensive, it might be worth it in convenience and epicness. Just food for thought. Also dont forget the metro is not free. It will be like $2/person each way each time, which can add up.

Using www.wmata.com I got these results:: Once you arrive at the crystal city metro stop you would wait for the shuttle to come to take you to the venue.

Itinerary 1[-] Collapse
Walk 0.09 mile W from 1757 KING ST to KING STREET METRO STATION
Get directions
RAIL DEPARTS FROM
KING STREET METRO STATION
at 8:08am
BOARD
BLUE LINE Rail
towards LARGO TOWN CENTER METRO STATION
ARRIVE
» CRYSTAL CITY METRO STATION
at 8:17am
$ 1.60SmarTrip Fare$ 1.10 SmarTrip (Senior/Disabled/Medicare)$ 1.85 Cash / Farecard $ 1.20 Cash / Farecard (Senior/Disabled/Medicare)

But waking up and just rolling out of bed, grabbing your controller, and going down the elevator to the venue is just too much to pass up for a lot of people XFD

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
Yea, the Hyatt is incredibly convenient, but a free hotel stay is pretty convenient too.
i cant even begin to disagree with you. i am just biased because i need rooms rented out in that hotel but ****....free rooms. The jewish side of me would smack myself for even arguing against it in the first place :)

Linguini

Smash Master
merry christmas homies!

I bought my plane tickets like a week ago, it's the same flight that colin was talking(trolling) about on facebook, did anyone else get that flight?

Jav, can you provide a ride to orlando for that flight? lol

and also are you driving to NUB?

That free hotel deal sounds sickk tho!

bladeofapollo

Smash Ace
I am indeed going to Noob, but driving logistics may get messy. Pat, Steve, Ricky, Josh, Dennis, Emilio and I all wanna go, so we're gonna need 2 cars. I'll talk to Pat about it

blindghost

Smash Apprentice
I just registered for Pound. The registration goes up $5 if you don't sign up by Jan 1. Anyone who is going should get on that now.

Moses.

Smash Journeyman
Soooo Moses will be in town tomorrow. Who else will be? I might be able to play tomorrow, but definitely Tuesday if not tomorrow.

I haven't played anyone except computers for the past week and a half :(

bladeofapollo

Smash Ace
I'm trying to get the free hotel room sorted out, but it might be too late to reserve it. Also I'm not sure how many people I could fit into the room.

VGmasta

Smash Lord
lol like online actually meant something, back then i just LAN'd and the cash that i won speaks for itself
The cash you won doesn't necessarily say ****. You could've just beat noobs that didn't play Halo 2 at top level.

Ohh shiiii

Halo 2 Party this weekend? Maybe Sunday or Monday evening?
Not bad Matt. I'm down for the Halo 2 party. I hope you still have a regular XboX.

Linguini

Smash Master
The cash you won doesn't necessarily say ****. You could've just beat noobs that didn't play Halo 2 at top level.

Not bad Matt. I'm down for the Halo 2 party. I hope you still have a regular XboX.
lol i played at legit tournaments with str8 rippin in attendance and got 2nd with my team when t squared and his team were there back in 06. how much money/tournies did you win son?:cool:

das right....

anyways my halo 2 days are over, i'm seriously trying to go pro in reach so if anyone is down for playing that include me in it.

Syphtan

Smash Rookie
So a while ago I posted that we might be able to hold a tourney at the church that was used for ltec2. I just talked to them and they said that we could use it, but I need a little more info. I need to tell them a date/time and what we would need.

Top Bottom