• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gainesville Florida Smash and Heroes Of Newerth Chit-Chat

RockCrock

Smash Champion
So you think you're pretty ****in good, eh? :chuckle: Think you can roll with the vgmasta, eh? Well let me put things into perspective by using a metaphor. Let's say that skill is like a gold brick, its valuable and it's very heavy. The more skill you have, the more weight you posses.

Base line:

Above average:

I think you see where I'm going with this:

Master-status:

Lol.

VGmasta

Smash Lord
Yea man, just got my level 20 in Arena mode on my "DrVGmasta" account. I feels too good. It's the highest level you can get. And I don't even T-spin yet, lol.

My "VGmastaRicky" account is still at level 18 right now though...

@Dennis: LMAO!

XoFF

Smash Journeyman
i jus play the arena mode where you drop doodoo on other peoples screens. idk my level, played tetris since i was little.

what is t spin?

Dennis, that **** made me LoL hard. Beautiful metaphor, but not as beautiful as you pumpkin

Renth

Smash Hero
I'm so bad at tetris I wasn't good enough to be in the special olympics i was.. too special for them

VGmasta

Smash Lord
what is t spin?
That's kinda hard to explain in words. It's a pretty situational move, but it *****.

There's a T-shaped tetrimino, the "T". It's normally purple colored on the tetrisfriends site. If you rotate the "T" at the right moment in certain situation, you can form lines. Requires a ton of practice to master in my opinion. The pay off is huge since, breaking one line using the t-spin sends your opponent two lines back. And breaking two lines using t-spin (T-spin double) sends your opponent four lines, that's the same reward for forming four lines (a tetris). It's really good, and all the high level players who have mastered it absolutely destroy me unless I play fast and perfect.

Here's an example of some T-spinning:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SiK0OK8DP-Y

For me, T-spinning in tetris is almost as hard as Up-B canceling with Dr. Mario, :laugh:.

And Mark, don't say anything about how easy it is for you to Up-B cancel, I just don't have it in me right now dang it, :laugh:. Everybody can't be glitchmastaRenth ok.

EDIT:
WHOA, I just learned that you can break three lines using t-spin, a T-spin triple!! I've never seen it before now. I wonder how many lines that sends the opponent.

DOUBLE EDIT:
I just read a comment on that video that says T-spin triples send 6 attack lines to the opponent. That's awesome!

blindghost

Smash Apprentice
Triple T-spin has to be fictitious...
| - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -|
| - [T] - - - - - - - - - - - -|
| - [T][T] - - - - - - - - - - |
| - [T] - - - - - - - - - - - -|
| - - - - [L][L] - [Z] - - - - |
|[L] - [O][O][L][Z][Z][T]|
| - - -[O][O][L][Z][T][T]|
|[T] - [T][T]|
|[J][J][J][J] - [T][T][T]|
|[J][J][J][J] - [Z]|

To scale; proper dimensions, colors, and letters.

Yes... This took a long time. But my point is, how the **** do you get the T into a trip T-spin?

blindghost

Smash Apprentice
ok.... that isn't possible in real tetris...

EDIT: in some tetris games you can exploit the fact that you can rotate pieces as they fall, as seen in the video.

VGmasta

Smash Lord
Wow, That's the best combo I've ever seen. Poor Jasmin, lol.

But this IS real tetris. The added skill required to even setup those complicated patterns makes it more real than the 1989 versions of tetris.

EDIT:
How the hell did you even draw that chart Steve?! It's pretty good btw.

blindghost

Smash Apprentice
EDIT:
How the hell did you even draw that chart Steve?! It's pretty good btw.
I used Courier New. In that font, all characters are the same width. For example, "i" is the same width "W". So you can make shapes with text. After that, it's just patience and trial and error.

Linguini

Smash Master
I wish i could come today,i actually got pharyngitis(really bad version of strep throat) and my throat almost completely closed shut. I was at the hospital from monday to thursday and i'm still feeling kinda ****ty.

i need to get my smash **** together tho

RockCrock

Smash Champion
From all of us:

"We hope you feel better. If you can come over, we can help to sunder throat blockage with our megalodons. BTW, stop "rushing" so aggressively. "An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure." -Sun Tzu"

Purple

Hi guys!
If you play the GB tetris, you wouldn't be able to, but basically any tetris where you can lay the piece straight on the ground (not fast drop, lay) and still rotate it, you can t-spin.

RockCrock

Smash Champion
In case anyone has forgotten:

Magus420 said:
RockCrock said:
What conditions must be met in order to meteor cancel? Stick position, percent, timing?
Meteors:

1) Cancelable with mid-air jump(s) or up-b as early as frames 8+ of meteor knockback.

2) Using up-b at almost any time begins a no MC timer/window, where you can't MC with a jump or up-b at all for the next 40 frames. For example, if you're recovering and get meteored out of the startup of your up-b you won't be able to MC it until that timer has cleared.

3) Inputting a jump on frames 1-7 of meteor knockback prevents you from MCing with a jump for the next 40 frames (jumping at other times does not trigger it unlike the one caused by using up-b). If still available, you can MC with an up-b like normal during this period however. Using up-b on frames 1-7 counts as a jump and also triggers the no MC window using a double jump if the up input for the up-b is far enough to have caused a mid-air 'tap jump' with the control stick. If the stick isn't pressed far enough to do that when doing the up-b then a jump can still be used to MC, since only the no MC with up-b window is triggered.

4) Inputting an up-b during hitlag doesn't trigger the no MC window.

5) Extra freeze frames added from hitlag don't count towards the 40 frame no MC windows.

6) Auto-jumps on multi-jumps by holding a jump button (holding a jump input with Kirby/Jiggs after at least 1 mid-air jump has been used) does not use up your mid-air jump MC opportunity as long as it's pressed/held before frames 1-7, and since the auto-jump property of them will try to jump at the first possible opening to do one it MCs on frame 8. Holding jump when able to auto-jump, and then pressing up-b during frames 1-7 only prevents MCing with up-b for 40 frames, and doesn't prevent them from MCing with a jump. However, when not able to auto-jump (Kirby/Jiggs with all 5 jumps, or every other character), having a jump input held down when using up-b during 1-7 does trigger the no MC with jump window as well. (this whole part with auto-jumping is dumb imo, and those 2 characters can basically auto-MC by just holding up the whole time as long as they've jumped at least once and they start holding it before hitlag ends)
but.. I meteor cancelled!! No Johns!!

Moses.

Smash Journeyman
Actually, we didn't really get ***** that hard. It ended up being 15-10. It didn't help that that one guy was reallllly tall.

GJ yesterday to everyone who played! You guys played so much better than I remember you playing last time. Everyone handled the ball better, made more and better shots, and made overall better decisions! Good **** everyone.

blindghost

Smash Apprentice
Actually, we didn't really get ***** that hard. It ended up being 15-10. It didn't help that that one guy was reallllly tall.

GJ yesterday to everyone who played! You guys played so much better than I remember you playing last time. Everyone handled the ball better, made more and better shots, and made overall better decisions! Good **** everyone.
Let's not plan to play during a florida football game next time. That was really lame. I had ppl over for the game and couldn't just pick up and leave...

Pr0jecT

Smash Ace
So Colbol was telling me about this kid he met.

He's really nice, he's not a **** at all. He's tall, has blonde hair and is super encouraging by saying "Ya Good!"

His name was PaperGator or something like that, dennis you should meet him lol

blindghost

Smash Apprentice
You're welcome, I just found that last week. It's pretty nice; the best freeware picture editing I have seen around.

Top Bottom