• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

G4S5 Results Thread (Columbus, GA March 1st)

chaddd

Smash Lord
Chaddd: Theres always next ti.... oh wait.
D@mn, that sure makes you cool. How much money did you win, again?

Id also like for everyone to learn to play on counter pick stages and not just camp on them and/or complain about how gay they are.
I'd also like for some people to stop sucking so hard that they actually inadvertently suck the d!cks of their own top players. I'm sorry if I find the level 'Poke Floats' to be no fun. I'm sorry that Jungle Japes contains a crocodile that's taken more stocks from me than all my opponents on that stage combined. I'm sorry about Corneria's low ceiling and grade A camping resources.

Camping, like stalling in all other games, never ever wins against those with enough tournament experience and patience to look past it. But I find that after 10 straight hours of smash and a 2 hour car ride on 3 hours of sleep, that testing my patience is actually the easiest way to beat me. I honestly find that style of play to make the game less fun in general. Smash is no fun at all when I spend the entire game chasing my opponent around because his spacing is worse than mine, or because he's just outright afraid of me. It's weak stuff.

If you are good at this game, you can beat me on Final D without trying to camp me. You shouldn't have to try and learn unorthodox stages to beat the handful of people that just don't have the desire to play crappy stages. Also I'm sick of the fact that I have to learn to play Poke Floats because like, 9 people in the nation counter pick with it sometimes.

And if you are trying to say that I was camping in the least, I'd like you to behold you're regions legacy.

Hurray! The most unfun game of smash i've ever played in my life!

OR

I watch this one when I'm having trouble sleeping.

Maybe in Brawl you guys will be able to figure out all the stalls before everyone so we can all enjoy camping for years to come.

Lil Kong

Smash Journeyman
Shoutouts:

Smooth- you already know. you are down with me anytime and beasting with Diddy and Meta in 1 day.

Nica- You too. We will be brawling all the time. Earthbound all day!

The Columbus gang Gerbil, Peru, Billy, Reflex, L97 ect- You guys are all awsome. Some of the coolest guys i know. And Brawl Beasts

Tom- Funny guy. How the he11 did you get that good with Ike in one day? Lol! Whats that over there??? Lol!

PB&J- Sup dogg? Lol! you my boy though. Toon link Beast.

Spaceballs- Smash Philosopher

Drumma - Olimar Beast and a cool a55 dude

Tong- Sorry if i scared you.... Boo!!! Lol!

And everyone I Brawled with Thanks for the good time and for being so cool.

Handorin

Smash Hero
I wasnt refering to you camping, but you just proved my point about complaining.

CO

Smash Ace
NNID
CO_Runaway7
3DS FC
3136-6583-7782
CO_Brad- Work johns are lame.
You're right, about as lame as band practice johns. Plus, I never remember calling any johns. If you mean the fact I chose to help out my family in a time of need over a tournament, then yes, I am lame.

Looking back, I didnt see your name on the bracket. Nice.

Handorin

Smash Hero
You're right, about as lame as band practice johns. Plus, I never remember calling any johns. If you mean the fact I chose to help out my family in a time of need over a tournament, then yes, I am lame.

Looking back, I didnt see your name on the bracket. Nice.
Touche. I was just joking though. I just heard you had to work though. Im sorry you guys are in financial trouble. No hate is being spread towards you.

And yes, I didnt make brackets. Im sorry I dont play this game much and I had to work off rust and almost made it out.

XIF

Smash Master
ZOMG Duluth, GA mostly... sometimes Weston, FL
My only desire that remains is that mid-south learn how to play the neutral stages in Brawl, so they might stop taking everyone to gay stages and camping for 7 minutes at a time.

I'm not saying it doesn't work sometimes, but it certainly makes all of you guys less desirable to play, I can tell you that much. Let's all work to end the camping, please god let's end the camping.

Project 'Offense', get on it.
I think this is the one post of chaddd's where I have unconditionally and undeniably agreed with each and every statement.

XIF

Smash Master
I'd also like for some people to stop sucking so hard that they actually inadvertently suck the d!cks of their own top players. I'm sorry if I find the level 'Poke Floats' to be no fun. I'm sorry that Jungle Japes contains a crocodile that's taken more stocks from me than all my opponents on that stage combined. I'm sorry about Corneria's low ceiling and grade A camping resources.

Camping, like stalling in all other games, never ever wins against those with enough tournament experience and patience to look past it. But I find that after 10 straight hours of smash and a 2 hour car ride on 3 hours of sleep, that testing my patience is actually the easiest way to beat me. I honestly find that style of play to make the game less fun in general. Smash is no fun at all when I spend the entire game chasing my opponent around because his spacing is worse than mine, or because he's just outright afraid of me. It's weak stuff.

If you are good at this game, you can beat me on Final D without trying to camp me. You shouldn't have to try and learn unorthodox stages to beat the handful of people that just don't have the desire to play crappy stages. Also I'm sick of the fact that I have to learn to play Poke Floats because like, 9 people in the nation counter pick with it sometimes.

And if you are trying to say that I was camping in the least, I'd like you to behold you're regions legacy.

OR

Maybe in Brawl you guys will be able to figure out all the stalls before everyone so we can all enjoy camping for years to come.
ahhhh... but no johns! Its all playing to win and Iori was in it to win even if it meant playing gay rofl. We play with those rules (however dumb they are.)

Prac352

Smash Lord
Nobody is going to stop camping because you have ADD. Especially if camping wins.

A smart pikachu isn't going to challenge a marth's range, no matter how much "tourney experience he has.

And If you can't catch them, maybe it's your spacing that is off and not theirs.

EDIT: these are very general "yous"

XIF

Smash Master
Nobody is going to stop camping because you have ADD. Especially if camping wins.

A smart pikachu isn't going to challenge a marth's range, no matter how much "tourney experience he has.

And If you can't catch them, maybe it's your spacing that is off and not theirs.

EDIT: these are very general "yous"
Pikachu not challenging Marth is fine. A character playing a character is A-OK. Having to fight past a stage, a bomb, a block, and a character just because someone can not stand the idea of playing a person where there isnt any "random chance" that all your hard work is gonna be spoiled because your kill move turned into a get spiked back down to the stage because green greens ever so conveniently dropped a block on to your head, isnt reason enough to allow it.

But that is neither here nor there, Brawl is far more balanced, and while camping is sure to exsist, there's so much more you can do about it.

On a side note, I notice chaddd referrenced to a Match between me and Iori to highlight what is boring in melee.

Alternatively, you could watch this amazing match, and see me do far more interesting things than chase a fox.

---

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EplVeMucJCc

---

Or you could watch what I wish would happen to every person who tried to use stages to win rather than their character

---

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJrZUulDCY0&feature=related

---
=D

<_<

>_>

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
sigh...

there is absolutely nothing wrong with camping in a match. If you can't deal with it then thats tough cookies.

congrats to Iori again lol why you never come to any tourneys in GA when I was still playing, punk? lol

Nite

Smash Champion
there is absolutely nothing wrong with camping in a match. If you can't deal with it then thats tough cookies.

congrats to Iori again lol why you never come to any tourneys in GA when I was still playing, punk? lol
Lol. You'll be getting a PM with my Brawl FC in about a week yo.

In The ZONE

Smash Cadet
lol @ Chaddd calling me out for not making any money. I had way more fun than you did Chaddd and I've been playing for a lot less time. And shouldn't the fun factor be what these tournaments are about? I mean if you came to every tournament and lost to a shineless fox that came from the losers bracket I think every tournament would be so much better, especially because of your huge jerk factor that you bring to the table. Theres a reason no one cheered for you when you got a kill bro. TRU

ama(m/t)

Smash Lord
you know chaddd has written huge pages before regarding having fun and why you'll never be good at smash broz

so if you think you've got him in a corner, you have a whole new thing coming

Tsunami157

Smash Journeyman
Zone: Take it from me bro. You don't want to start an argument about fun vs. competitive play.
I agree with you entirely, but its just not worth the time arguing the point.
It's like riding a bicycle on a treadmill.

On a side note: Dogysamich is the worst SSBM player ever, and got lucky when he beat AG's samus. Ya weak hustla :laugh:

j/k dude... Give me a ring when you get the Dreamcast from your friend so that we can discuss cost and a possible meeting for the exchange.

Anomic_Punk

Smash Champion
lol @ Chaddd calling me out for not making any money. I had way more fun than you did Chaddd and I've been playing for a lot less time. And shouldn't the fun factor be what these tournaments are about? I mean if you came to every tournament and lost to a shineless fox that came from the losers bracket I think every tournament would be so much better, especially because of your huge jerk factor that you bring to the table. Theres a reason no one cheered for you when you got a kill bro. TRU
**** off.
I cheered for Chaddd when he got kills.

You don't wanna go down this road, just let it be.

Jx31

Smash Ace
This thread is starting to get heated..............

Great tournament, I'm going to edit this post for shout outs later.

The Alpha Gundam

Smash Champion
:samus: Taunt

Ok so first off i was commentary loser and grand finals to my firend Jared *soon to be best wolf in Ga XD* and i have to say my commentary skiilz was off the chain i should work for MLG lawlz.

NFL:
Drumma Boi: Sorry i sucked it up in teams and all but it was mad chill hanging out with you all of Friday and Saturday. I heard you had a beast Olimar as well:)

RKO: BEST SET EVER!!!! Even though i lost i was satisfy with how i perform and i can say i left Melee off on a good note. Best Luigi in my book:)

Clink Clack: Yeah you know who you are lol. I have to say getting own by you for 2 days straight made me happy *those team matches were the best*.Thanks for the advice, the snacks, and the many rest and shinespikes lol. Good stuff getting 3rd.

the 4th NFL: i forgot your name lol my bad but it was nice chillin with you. sorry you got into melee so late but hopefully we will see each other in Brawl:)
Midsouth:
IHSB: Yes my Samus shirt wins XD.

Chad: once again i play you in teams and the results were the same:(

Moogle: didnt get to play you:(

Ambix: King of Green Greens

Zero: Sick as Ness im glad i got to meet you:)

Zone: You have a nice Samus i was impress keep it up:)

Handorin: you racist playing brawl and not playing me:(

Ko: YOSHIIIIIIIIIIIIII

Nite: so glad you made it and nice puff >_<

Lance: didnt get to play you but im glad you were able to make it XD

Iori: Me and Dogy have dub you NYUKKA FOX. I'm glad you didn't split and decided to play finals out. Congrats on 1st

Ga:
Fullmetal: King of MM

PB&J: My ZSS ran you over XD

Eugene: Nice drawings lawlz

Dogysamich: King of 120% with nothing but Lazr

Tom: Close set mangz but i cheated you in the end lol

Tong: I should of took your advice on spamming Missles. Thanks for bringing brawl

Lil Kong: Thank for taking the time to bring Brawl and allowing us to play mangz your 2RAW

Ronoroni: Your Falco has gotten tons better keep it up

Nicaboi: i didnt get to play you:(

Desu: i see you took some money from gerbil.

Marsfool: Finally got to play you good stuff

Datman: you got out of the peach pool LOL

112: thanks for the Cookies XD

C: *Knees dogy over 9000 times*

CDE:
Darvel: BRAWLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

Prackets: You almost had Clink Clack but in the end you were Clink Clack lol. Well anyways it was fun hanging out and stuff and i couldn't agree more with your post XD.

Gerbil Cancel: Good stuff running the tourney and housing and everything you did a real good job of running the tourney.

Jeff: i think if we play some Classical music you would of went beast mode in your pool lol.

Jared: my commentary skillz were 2good

Nice1: i miss you:(

Dp: ..........

Reflex: Wario of Pain is 2good

Ares: Of course your the real reason tourneys run so smoothly XD. Always fun hanging out with you mangz.

Will: Ga's Ike XD

Alpha Gundam:

ihavespaceblondes

Smash Master
D@mn, that sure makes you cool. How much money did you win, again?

OR

...wow. It's a given that most posts on this forum could start a ****storm at /v/, but this is so bad it would start one at SRK. That's seriously the scrubbiest thing I've ever read. Take out "camping" and replace it with "wavedashing" and it would sound exactly like every n00b topic on the brawl boards.

Plus you post videos of two people who can and do beat you on neutrals. WTF.

ama(m/t)

Smash Lord
btw i think smashing people in the face all day and getting paid for it is great fun
idk why some other people don't understand and think that winners don't have fun

Lance87

Smash Lord
Memphis/Millington --- Runaway 7 till I die.
You guys were all awesome. I'm glad I came regardless of my money situation.

Camping is very gay, but you can't blame 'em. I've been known to play very gay too so maybe i'm a little biased >,< XIF sounds like he's read David Sirlin's book... you just gotta roll with the punches.

I don't have the drive to give shout-outs to everyone cause there were too many awesome people at this.

See you dudes at the Brawl tourneys!!!

XIF

Smash Master
I never said dont camp, I said that stages that allow certain characters to camp in unfair ways shouldnt be allowed.

Iori camped his heart out whether it was DL64 or corneria, and while camping is never fun, I wont ever say that the other person was less skilled than me if they beat me on stages like FD and DL64 with camping. Corneria... pokefloats... those are all different stories.

Its a matter that is not really covered by Sirlin because smash is not like any other fighter. The "game" changes with each stage, and my argument is not that camping is stupid it means you have no skill. On the contrary I applaud you two for standing in the face of complaints and still playing to win (and for you thats well... camping! =P). What I do argue is that rather than each stage being the same old Melee, that rather each stage is SSBM: Corneria Edition. Or SSBM: Final Destination Edition. Or even SSBM: Onett Edition.

So really my argument is that when you counterpick PokeFloats and Corneria, you're introducing an entirely new game than what FD or BF is, and a game that in my opinion is inherently imbalanced.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
hey guys there are two characters in a fight. "unfair" means one character has some advantage that the other doesn't. I don't see how that applies in counterpicks. its just that one of you thinks playing a certain way on a certain stage is "cheap" or "gay" or "not fun", therefore you don't do it and you lose because of it.

which is pretty much verbatim what sirlin said.

its not a matter of 'fairness' or 'balance'. its a matter of who cares about winning and who cares about "gayness".

corneria rewards campers
FD rewards projectile spammers
Dreamland rewards floaties with good recoveries

nothing's balanced, all of those things have nothing to do with skill at the game, you guys just singled out camping like its the only thing people do that gives them an advantage., and none of those stages should be banned, you just choose what you consider "gay" and what you think you should learn how to fight against, and you choose what you don't, and deal with the consequences.

NES n00b

Smash Master
Oxford, Mississippi. . . . permanent n00b
My shoutouts:

Iori: You are still too good. I hope I can keep up with you at Final Round.

-Chad-: At first, I was thinking "Hey, I might actually win for once." but no you got me too good. lol Thanks for the advice.

Nite: You might have beaten me in a set, but you know what? I beat you in a Falcon ditto which are much more important. GGz. Good to see you did go.

112: Good job taking my money. It was fun playing you, but next time I will get your money.

Chaddd: You were right about double or nothing. I don't know what I was thinking. lol At least I got to play you in two sets before you retired or whatever. I would suggest not johnning over the internet, though.

FullMetal: Wow, you are good. Don't three stock me at Pokemon Stadium. It makes me feel less good. Good games.

Alpha: I only got to play you in team friendlies, but it was still fun.

JX31: Had fun playing you in friendlies. You were a pretty good team partner (at least in friendlies XD).

Tom: Haha, great to meat you. Your Falcon is made of win and I love it. You should be back in Memphis so I can see you more.

JMOAN: Sorry I had to face you in pools. First time I got to play Link against you though which was pretty fun. Don't get down on yourself so much.

Kevin aka theONEjanitor: Thanks, I would play you more often if you didn't live like 3 hours away. >_< Still always fun to see you.

Cornell: OMG that Falcon. Just quit that ******** bird with eye liner and that stupid dog with the blue hexagon and main America. lol Playing against you was fun. I loved the Falcon man. Keep up the good stuff.

Eugene: Loved the matches we did even though you are mean to Links. ='( Nice Falcon and Marth.

S0FT: Didn't play you nearly enough. >=[ You are a cool guy anyways.

IHSB: You are still my favorite Samus player ever.

RAM: How dare you say my Falcon is weird. >=[ I say you Luigi is weird so there. XD Well, I loved the Luigi. Good ****. Fun playing against you even though we had to play again after pools.

Drumma Boi: Mute City johns. XD I stand by that. (Not really) I hoped you enjoyed that CheeseBurger.

Rice: You could have used any character against me. >.> Still liked the MM matches, though. Love the hair.

Moogle: I <3 you so much man. Provided housing, gave me a ride, and had to deal with me? Haha, that is way too nice. You are good at Smash Bros. to boot even if you do play gayly (no johns XD). Andy anderton of anderton enterprises is way too good.

To both Mikes with Moogle: Nice to meet you guys, though you guys were pretty quiet during the car rides. *shrugs*

PB&J: No brawl johns. I think it was the first time playing you. Either way, it was still fun.

HyperDragon: Glad you found your HyperPanda. XD Your always too much fun. Shyrouken!

Roni: You still have a weird name, but I can respect that. Fun matches.

Tong: You must have gotten better while I was away. You however didn't remember me and that made me very sad. ='(

IH: Ha, I am a bigger wimp than you still. Sorry I went Falcon for our pools. Say hi to your friend for me.

Doggy: You are loud, but my boy Iori is louder. GGz no johns.

XiF: Too bad johns weren't nerfed for Brawl or else I wouldn't have to hear more of it.

SleepyK: I did alot of Link, for both of our sakes. And it felt good. lol Even though you were not there, you are still an awesome person.

Link: Sorry that I am not beast enough to keep up with you all the time. You are just way too beast and I am just a man. Foward tilt, upair, nair, fair, and all sorts of other goodness. I am not worthy to use them.

Falcon: You are way too awesome a character. Your beastliness carries me though tournies despite my skill. For that, I salute you.

I guess that is it. I hope to see you guys in the future. I am not sure how much longer I can travel, though. The tourney was alot of fun despite the brackets. So thanks Gerbil for hosting and dealing with crap.

XIF

Smash Master
hey guys there are two characters in a fight. "unfair" means one character has some advantage that the other doesn't. I don't see how that applies in counterpicks. its just that one of you thinks playing a certain way on a certain stage is "cheap" or "gay" or "not fun", therefore you don't do it and you lose because of it.

which is pretty much verbatim what sirlin said.

its not a matter of 'fairness' or 'balance'. its a matter of who cares about winning and who cares about "gayness".
But the point Sirlin also makes about this is what deserves to be banned based on something being "too good"

Which is to say something should be banned if it is an insurmountable aspect of the game given one character or very few, or if it brings the depth of the game to that of a kiddie pool because it becomes a case of (only so and so is viable on this stage)

The fact of the matter is that about half the cast has a very decent chance of winning any match up on the six neutral stages. On corneria, you can kiss all but the top 4 good bye as a serious choice for that level.

Also note that Sirlin argues that someone overcoming this disadvantage is in no way proof of balance. If you read his book you will see that he cites the japanese "soft ban" on Akuma and Old Sagat in SF2:Turbo, and how some who end up picking those characters suffer defeat from lesser characters. Likewise I will never say Peach vs Fox is impossible on Corneria or Green Greens, but realistically, the game is much better off when a larger cast of characters is viable, and precisely because of the allowance of these counterpicks is why I believe the top tiers are the only characters seeing the top placings at tournaments any more.

It's a matter of what I think a better game is. Iori and -Chad- would probably argue use of stages makes for a better game. I on the otherhand would much rather sacrifice stages so that another 6 or so characters might have a reasonable chance, and as a result their respective metagames would see alot more development.

XIF

Smash Master
And please before anyone else says it I would like for my posts not to be disregarded as a john, because it isnt.

I wish to present a serious discussion on not only what is fair but what also would constitute a game with more depth, enjoyability, and variety.

so NESn00b, for you I will reiterate.

My problem is not camping. While I hate camping, I can not sit here and pretend that it is not a viable tactic. Playing to win is playing to win and I can't disregard the skill and patience those who camp use in order to win.

The stages which allow for excessive camping and certain characters to dominate is my problem here. This is a fundamental issue on the game we play, not some "stfu u play gayzorz nub lulz"

ihavespaceblondes

Smash Master
It's a matter of what I think a better game is. Iori and -Chad- would probably argue use of stages makes for a better game. I on the otherhand would much rather sacrifice stages so that another 6 or so characters might have a reasonable chance, and as a result their respective metagames would see alot more development.
But you're using as an example two players who will go Pokefloats and pick Mewtwo or Corneria and pick Pikachu.

Top Bottom