• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

G4S4 Results Thread

Gerbil

Smash Champion
Shai - How do you do your SHDLs when DIing backward/forward? I can only move slightly, and it isn't that noticeable (I use the joystick to shorthop the lasers)

datman6699

Smash Journeyman
Shai - How do you do your SHDLs when DIing backward/forward? I can only move slightly, and it isn't that noticeable (I use the joystick to shorthop the lasers)
dash, jump, turn the joystick and then start firing.

you probably have to be reallllly fast. i can't do it, but i do dashing turn-around lasers with falco. same concept

Gerbil

Smash Champion
dash, jump, turn the joystick and then start firing.

you probably have to be reallllly fast. i can't do it, but i do dashing turn-around lasers with falco. same concept
Nah, that is a Reverse SHDL. The ones he was doing, was you look exactly as you do jumping and doing a SHDL, but you ar DIing backwards, it looks really weird.

You can notice the difference because in a reverse, Fox is kind of looking over his shoulder, but in a standard DI, he looks normal but falling differently (think about doing a double jump then lasering while holding backwards, then put that in short hop style)

just1111

Smash Journeyman
god **** that was funny.
i'm satisfied with myself at this tourney. like seriously, i'm going all out on smash now. i have decided. i'm going to **** all of you guys the rest of my smash career.GTFO

oh and wes, daniel wastelling the truth. we really do hate you... a lot.

P.S. - If i changed my name to Datnigga, would anyone be offended?
i was reading through this thread and read this one first... i was gonna say that if you DONT change your name to datnigga because you scared of someone being offended i hate you... but you made up for it with your next post so i love you... and dont worry when brawl rolls around ill be rapin all your faces again... mike g included

p.s. dat i totally taught you dash-turn around lazers

mog112

Smash Ace
Nah, that is a Reverse SHDL. The ones he was doing, was you look exactly as you do jumping and doing a SHDL, but you ar DIing backwards, it looks really weird.

You can notice the difference because in a reverse, Fox is kind of looking over his shoulder, but in a standard DI, he looks normal but falling differently (think about doing a double jump then lasering while holding backwards, then put that in short hop style)
that is not needed at all. just upsmash, fall upair, drillshines, grab. mix them up well and thats it.

Ares726

Smash Ace
First off, I want to address what was up with the Wes/Juan situation. Wes got 1st seed in his pool with a record of 12-2. Juan got 4th seed in his pool with a record of 10-5. First seeds and fourth seeds get matched up. That's the point of seeding brackets by skill.

[sarcasm]Juan just wanted to mess with the system and have a fun match first off and was hoping for Wes.[/sarcasm]

I'll post some shoutouts later. I've been out of town for the weekend. Otherwise I would've stifled this a lot sooner. By the way, bracket images are up in first post. Also, I've got pool data, but I don't really want to put them up right now. If y'all want me to put them up tomorrow, just say so and I will.

NES n00b

Smash Master
Oxford, Mississippi. . . . permanent n00b
NES n00b--best Link main in the mid South.
Not sure we should say that yet. lol

what is tloz? chopped liver?

no offense NES.
none taken. We should have had that Samus vs Link match.

@JX31: I choose Link throughout because I was hoping on I could get out of pools with just Link. I don't know. Some weird goal of mine, but I do love me some Falcon. Nice meeting you

@112 WTF was up with your Jiggly? Absolutely ***** me. That Marth match was close but you are too good.

@Reflex Were you holding back the first round or something? lol

@Raggy Sorry about the fsmash that screwed us up. :( We will do better next time. Don't go sding in the beginning again. lol

@Carter Man that was some gay stuff with that Dewgong but you beat me anyways in the end. =p Your Fox is too good.

@everyone I had money matches planned with. We didn't get to do any. Makes me sad. =(

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
Xif vs Wes 1

Hey guys, some of you have seen this already, but I uploaded this one because we didn't get the full match so it was under youtube's size limit.
And it's sexy as ****.

magusx4

Smash Cadet
thanks for the advice i dont live in atlanta i live here in venzuela i am a good friend og juan,DarkCrono. he is there in atlanta and he is going to buy me a box of boosters but he doesn't know where to buy it. if you can talk to him and tell him where he can buy the box of 10th editon. i would appreciate that because magic here is too expensive. i also play smash with gannondorf i am 3rd in the ranking of my state. :)

GA Peach

Smash Lord
thanks for the advice i dont live in atlanta i live here in venzuela i am a good friend og juan,DarkCrono. he is there in atlanta and he is going to buy me a box of boosters but he doesn't know where to buy it. if you can talk to him and tell him where he can buy the box of 10th editon. i would appreciate that because magic here is too expensive. i also play smash with gannondorf i am 3rd in the ranking of my state. :)
it's no problem, man. i'll let juan know where to buy the cards at. hopefully, you'll be able to come and play with us. that would be awesome

XIF

Smash Master
ZOMG Duluth, GA mostly... sometimes Weston, FL
i was so safe, yet somehow =(

honestly, the second match i felt more owned. i mean, falcon punches are ******** to get in match, but i was waiting for it to miss and well... it didnt ^_^;

second match though i was beating the tar out of wes and he just spikes me at like what? 20%?

C-C-C-C-C-COMBO BREAKER!

Anomic_Punk

Smash Champion
@Yang- Yes, I'm still smoking. I'm not proud of it, nor am I "ok" with it. I am still making the effort to cut back on my smoking, and the end goal is still to be cigarette-free.

@ Nes-Noob: Sorry we didn't get our MM.... You're on next time I see you, if you like!

Micheloxx

Smash Ace
oh well guys, um, im a friend of juan and magusx4 and well, i wanna know how does he plays there i mean like, he toldme that he is doing good but its very hard to play there, and well, he told me that, going there would be nice 4 me, im 2nd in my state and, well, now i fell like i dont even deserve to play XD, juan always beated me like, 8 of each 10 fights and now, well, i think he owns me, how is doing juan, is he good guys? i mean like, comparing the level, skills and all of that.. He placed 17th in the tourney, pretty nice i think.. I asked my dad already and he told me that posibly i would be going there to atlanta on september and well im talking with juan about that, nice to meet u guys, im a luigi user..

GA Peach

Smash Lord
oh well guys, um, im a friend of juan and magusx4 and well, i wanna know how does he plays there i mean like, he toldme that he is doing good but its very hard to play there, and well, he told me that, going there would be nice 4 me, im 2nd in my state and, well, now i fell like i dont even deserve to play XD, juan always beated me like, 8 of each 10 fights and now, well, i think he owns me, how is doing juan, is he good guys? i mean like, comparing the level, skills and all of that.. He placed 17th in the tourney, pretty nice i think.. I asked my dad already and he told me that posibly i would be going there to atlanta on september and well im talking with juan about that, nice to meet u guys, im a luigi user..
juan's doing really well against everyone. the guy has a lot of skill and will only get better with experience. i can't wait to play your luigi, man. haha, hurry up and come to atlanta so we can play.

GA Peach

Smash Lord
i was so safe, yet somehow =(

honestly, the second match i felt more owned. i mean, falcon punches are ******** to get in match, but i was waiting for it to miss and well... it didnt ^_^;

second match though i was beating the tar out of wes and he just spikes me at like what? 20%?

C-C-C-C-C-COMBO BREAKER!
lol. <3 <3 xif

Zone

Smash Champion
zone--you're right, I probably shouldn't have gone green greens, but I'm pretty new to Fox and don't always know what to do. Also I have no idea what to do against Zelda...did I even play your Zelda? First match maybe?
I don't remember the first match at all. Like I don't know who I was, or what level. Only time I pick Zelda vs Fox normally though is if Marth failed. Which is what I did to Gerbil lol. Cuz 1 shine = free upsmash on Zelda >.>;

Well I mean Green Greens isn't bad lol. I'm just saying, Strictly for us it's bad. Cuz we were being camping little babies lol.

Gerbil

Smash Champion
@Shai - Zelda is an easy win. She's esily beaten by shine combos, you usually (or at least I usually) want to pick an open stage, because seriously there's no where they will be running, and you can laser spam the hell out of them to pressure into easy waveshines to upsmashes. You do have to be careful though, because Zelda has one of the best moves in the game (Down+B if you didn't know :p)

Ares726

Smash Ace
Shout outs:

Wes- Thanks for coming man. I'm I was able to see you again before you left for England. Dominating the Europe scene sounds like a lot of fun. See you when you come back.

Keith- Congrats man. You totally ***** at this tournament. Way to be amazing.

Alpha- I didn't see you at all this tourney (not supposed to be a black joke). Thanks for getting the name tags and letting me do brackets and stuff. I had a ton of fun.

Josh- You're awesome. I'm gald you didn't get too mad at me for trying to get you to calm down. You played really well in teams man.

Luis- You're amazing. I love you.

Derek/Darvel/Jared/Will- I didn't see y'all very much at this tourney. See you Friday.

Jake- Thanks for hanging out with me while I was working on brackets.

Chad- It was awesome playing you pools. I hope you had fun coming to Columbus again.

Iori- I'm really glad I got to play your Mewtwo for your video. Hopefully I end up in it somewhere.

Jack- I had blast teaming with you...except on Poke Floats. We will never make that mistake again. No One ***** Like Gaston!

If I didn't give you a shoutout and you want one, let me know. Thanks everybody for coming, especially OOS. Y'all rock.

I also realized that some of you don't know my real name. It's Michael or Mike. Also, pools are up in first post.

SleepyK

Wh.. ****, Ares, you're Mike, too?
I vote that every smasher in Georgia should change their name to Mike.

-Chad-

Slackerator
Gerbil talking to Lan center owner dood: Hey Mike!...
Me: What the hell is everyone named Mike in GA?
Owner dood Mike: Only the best of us...

SleepyK

Retardedly awesome.

By the way, there are like a million friendlies on this tape (three for all and four for all on venom and fourside, what the ****?). Torg and Zeus and whoever else played friendlies, next time please check the VCR. I'm not putting those ffas up, lol.

I'm having difficulty telling whether certain games are friendlies or pool matches.

Micheloxx

Smash Ace
wowowow thats pretty cine, juan for brawl, ajajja, well wes, u gonna beat me dont wait so much, if i go i will go to learn..and well guys people call m mike too XD but my real name is michelangelo

datman6699

Smash Journeyman
can someone dickslap alpha and tell him to message me on aim... he won't respond, it's been over 24 hours.

ragnarock

Smash Lord
juan is a beast..he only placed 17th because he had some rough brackets,but he is def doing good
don't forget he didn't get enough rest the night before, and who keot that man up like that so he couldn't get any sleep. He was so sleepy he actually almost fell asleep playing moogle in pools.

PB&J

Smash Hero
don't forget he didn't get enough rest the night before, and who keot that man up like that so he couldn't get any sleep. He was so sleepy he actually almost fell asleep playing moogle in pools.
me ,juan,xif, and marty stayed up the night before playing teams...that was funny though when he played moogle though

SleepyK

no juans, xif placed well and he slept as little as you guys, it seems.

Rofl, still Juan, record more matches :D

Gerbil

Smash Champion
*cannot believe he is answering that question*

stoof = stuff

:p

*runs for purposefully ruining the ongoing joke*

Top Bottom