• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

G3S Mafia: XL-Edition | Day 5!

Unvote

chaco|rajam
Also, although I dislike both slots (Nabe & Orbo), I think they are not scummates. This comes mostly from #200

Same for Orbo and Maven (not both scummates); this comes from #239.

Maven89

Smash Master
Can people please quote the posts instead of just giving the numbers? That makes it way easier for people to understand what you're talking about

I do not want him shooting Laundry because I very much doubt Laundry is scum if Jdietz is telling the truth about his role. Unless Laundry was hit on the head that makes no sense, and would just be two townies dying. Either the mafia will night kill him, or won't night kill him in the hopes that this would make us lynch him tomorrow, leaving us with a doc/vig who can tell us what he did that night.

I say yes you can hammer Dietz

Unvote

chaco|rajam
Also, although I dislike both slots (Nabe & Orbo), I think they are not scummates. This comes mostly from #200

Same for Orbo and Maven (not both scummates); this comes from #239.
#200: Too random to be SvS. Can't see why would scum "compromise" to talk in detail about a scum partner later.

#239: Good question. Not seeing this as a question scum would make to a scummate. Orbo trying to get a read on Maven's slot. Not both scum.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Prodding KevinM

Nabe [1] - Unvote
Dietz [6] - Red Ryu, Laundry, Sons of Hardbody, Potassium, Jdietz43, Maven89
Maven89 [1] - Badwolf

Not voting: Gorf, Orboknown, Nabe, KevinM

Takes 7/12 to lynch.
Deadline: last minute of November 5th.

:059:

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
unvote

I'm hammering. I also don't like the status of this wagon at the moment. There's a lot of **** I need to hit now that I'm back as the way this day transpired had some questionable ****ing decision-making across the board.

:186:

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
First things first, I want to examine how everyone reacted to both my claim and Dietz's. That framed the day phase discussion and there are some questionable reactions that were made (like me claiming vig in response to his role :gova:). I'm questioning whether Dietz needs to die today, at least over some other people who made as bad or worse reactions.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
also does any1 else think its bizarre how laundry n nabeve been at it since d1 but are now slapping each others ****s against each others off lynching me/kevin? what the ****?
I don't like you. You've given me no reason to like you. Your slot's been a straight null at best and you're acting like I should have the biggest town boner for you.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Dietz wanting the noose townie but still best lynch?
like this. this is an awful reaction. "this slot reacted very townie but he's still the best lynch i think". this is the **** we should be questioning, not letting dietz potentially get mislynched because bull**** like this is happening.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
i have no idea what you're trying to get as a response to this. i'm still curious why you're doing nabe things and your scope of this game is by and large focused on me exclusively despite other **** occurring (you've given like nary a thought to dietz's claim yet had an entire reaction post to mine).

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Okay cool, so you were serious about your claim. Honestly after you already jumped to claiming that's all I care about: whether I actually have to shoot you or not. But you're mafia's problem now.

For the record: You should have just let me kill myself, we already had 4 and me asking for it, you didn't need to do anything other than that, no amount of fuel trumps "Here I am I want to die". I was serious about it, and still am, and if you think that won't be today's lynch you're a fool. (I asked for votes as a pressure tool to see if you'd squirm about me getting away or if you'd start to be more concerned about yourself)

Vote: Jdietz

Now who do you want me to kill.
i have a hard time stomaching this reaction as real because he was so fire and brimstone about my claim to suddenly say "that was all a facade k cool i'm dying who do you want me to kill". i can see the scummy motivation but his commitment to the act does make me falter a bit.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
@ #HBC | Laundry #HBC | Laundry

do yu hav any scumreads outside of jd? if so who? does the playing field need to b narrowed?
i have problems with dietz's claim, its resolution with my action, and the way he reacted once i claimed in response.
i have problems with orbo being a complete non-factor, not because of inactivity, but because he has posted jack **** in terms of useful content or direction. he's about as firmly in the armchair as you can get.
i have problems with nabe's scope being pointed directly at me for 90% of the game and only letting it widen just enough to seem like he doesn't have an indy hunter role with my name as his only target
i have problems with you simply because you're far too null for what i think you should be. you've done so incredibly little and the thing to get you off the couch is nabe saying "yeh i suspect marshy/kevin because they have done nothing this game"? that's shady.

i am still going back and analyzing how everyone responded to my claim and dietz's claim. the only people i think are truly town are unvote and badwolf. that's the extent of people i trust in this game.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
I think the Jdietz/Laundry fiasco has forced our hand this day and is going to make us vote for Jdietz.
we still have 3 whole days. there's absolutely no reason for this defeatist attitude when the fiasco forced reactions out of the rest of the playerlist.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
also does any1 else think its bizarre how laundry n nabeve been at it since d1 but are now slapping each others ****s against each others off lynching me/kevin? what the ****?
i have nothing with which to lynch you, i just wanted to shoot you because you have made no positive action up until nabe said he wanted you dead because of how quiet you were. people are acting like this is so townie but i just see you treading water as a reaction to a hole nabe put in your ship. i don't have the same fight with you that nabe does.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
shoot orbo. i remember some1 mentioning how orbo/nabe came alive after bein tossed as lynches....i want dead in that group. an orbo townflip wuld also make me seriously concerned with kevinm whodve been pushing a bwolf/orbo play d1 which jus looks like mad eazy pickings n wuld hav been 2 innocents
orbo was my other target yesterday, but i prefered dietz as i didn't like his 0-80 push onto me.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
I think our hands our tied this day. Jdietz has to die, we have to know if he's telling the truth or not, and so this conversation should be about who he is going to kill.

Unvote
Vote: Jdietz

I do not like Sons of hardbody right now, but I'd be really shocked if Jex was bussed that hard early in Day 1.
we already have a few people saying "jdietz's alignment doesn't confirm laundry's" and you're still treating it like it does. what gives?

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
i agree. theres no reason for laundry to lie about trying to kill dietz. people may complain about the timing but i see it as laundry being patient and thinking dietz might be BP or commuter or have some explanation, then when dietz claimed something with no ability to self protect laundry goes off without considering the possibility that he was roleblocked

it was a misstep for certain but it was not a scum motivated move. occams razor points to honesty

i dont think we need to be directing his shot either, that just gives scum the ability to slip their opinion in and direct him away from shooting correctly

gorf whats your opinion of marshkary and nabe?
and yet potato understands my entire logic with claiming. gdi

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Prodding KevinM

Nabe [1] - Unvote
Dietz [6] - Red Ryu, Laundry, Sons of Hardbody, Potassium, Jdietz43, Maven89
Maven89 [1] - Badwolf

Not voting: Gorf, Orboknown, Nabe, KevinM

Takes 7/12 to lynch.
Deadline: last minute of November 5th.

:059:
Also, really, look at the voting pattern. unvote and badwolf are the most obvtown slots in the game, neither are on Dietz. The scummiest people on Dietz's wagon are Dietz himself and Hardbody. Meanwhile, the not voting pile has Orbo/Nabe/Kevin, all of which are complete nonfactors on the game and would be perfectly willing to let a townslot die and take another townslot with him.

That's some shady ****.

Maven89

Smash Master
I'm on my phone atm, but we should be llokibg
we already have a few people saying "jdietz's alignment doesn't confirm laundry's" and you're still treating it like it does. what gives?

Because there is zero reason for a scum to try and fake claim something with a noticeable night action in order to get someone who already wanted to die killed.

I'll post more later, but..Jdietz, if you are going to kill me with your vig shot, please let me know so I can make a final post.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
If I die tonight, scum doesn't have an RB. If I don't die tonight, scum has an RB or they think I'm not targeting them. That's really black-and-white but it's kinda self-evident.

Kantrip

Kantplay
like this. this is an awful reaction. "this slot reacted very townie but he's still the best lynch i think". this is the **** we should be questioning, not letting dietz potentially get mislynched because bull**** like this is happening.

i hope adding that question mark to my quote and qualifying your paraphrasing with "i think" was an innocent accident because that is really misrepresenting what i said

i may have been drunk but i made that statement with confidence. if i had been able to be more verbose i may have said: the move of volunteering to take the lynch to get his shot off for town reads as townie. however, he is still the best lynch because it could just as easily be a scum move and the rest of his play is still scummy to me.

hell, ive pulled similar stuff as scum, self votes and all. ive pulled fake hammer gambits: "welp that was hammer, i was town good luck guys" (when it wasn't actually hammer), and ive pulled AtE "i think im the best lynch because theres lots of connections and im just going to be a distraction all game anyways. vote: kantrip." i am not putting it past dietz to claim a role that we have incentive not to lynch because it could potentially lose town 2 players and then pulling a gambit by agreeing that he should be lynched. do i think it is likely whats happening here? not really, especially with 1 scum dead already. Do I think its possible and will bother me all game if it isnt dealt with? yes. do i think that his role is dangerous to have around later game and its better to get lynching him out of the way sooner than later? yes.

So yeah his play right now is giving me pause, but his play is still grimy. I really dont like the way he ducked the jexs wagon to try to swing to you D1

hes a scummy distraction who has not and will not contribute much to the game and if hes town then lynching him gives us a free kill that basically counts as a double lynch.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
I'm on my phone atm, but we should be llokibg

Because there is zero reason for a scum to try and fake claim something with a noticeable night action in order to get someone who already wanted to die killed.

I'll post more later, but..Jdietz, if you are going to kill me with your vig shot, please let me know so I can make a final post.
Do you believe Dietz is scum?

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
i hope adding that question mark to my quote and qualifying your paraphrasing with "i think" was an innocent accident because that is really misrepresenting what i said

i may have been drunk but i made that statement with confidence. if i had been able to be more verbose i may have said: the move of volunteering to take the lynch to get his shot off for town reads as townie. however, he is still the best lynch because it could just as easily be a scum move and the rest of his play is still scummy to me.

hell, ive pulled similar stuff as scum, self votes and all. ive pulled fake hammer gambits: "welp that was hammer, i was town good luck guys" (when it wasn't actually hammer), and ive pulled AtE "i think im the best lynch because theres lots of connections and im just going to be a distraction all game anyways. vote: kantrip." i am not putting it past dietz to claim a role that we have incentive not to lynch because it could potentially lose town 2 players and then pulling a gambit by agreeing that he should be lynched. do i think it is likely whats happening here? not really, especially with 1 scum dead already. Do I think its possible and will bother me all game if it isnt dealt with? yes. do i think that his role is dangerous to have around later game and its better to get lynching him out of the way sooner than later? yes.

So yeah his play right now is giving me pause, but his play is still grimy. I really dont like the way he ducked the jexs wagon to try to swing to you D1

hes a scummy distraction who has not and will not contribute much to the game and if hes town then lynching him gives us a free kill that basically counts as a double lynch.
all of this clarification helps tremendously. when you leave it as "that was a townie reaction but he's still the best lynch" it's far and away not obvious as to what you mean and looks way worse as a result.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
fwiw: i don't like dietz's play either. i don't think there's one point of it that makes me think he is particularly townie. it's the scenario around the wagon that makes me wonder if he may in fact just be a townie.

Maven89

Smash Master
I don't think Jdietz is scum because of his willingness to get himself lynched. That could be a crazy gambit as scum, or he could be town. This is the crossroads. Do I let him live because he's willing to die and that's not scummy? What if that was his goal?

I was suspicious of Jdietz before, and the only reason I'm not anymore is his desire to be lynched. So, I vote we lynch him. It's either a bluff or it's not, but I feel that lynching the guy is the only real response to such a claim. I'm actually really annoyed that Jdietz did that, if he didn't want to play he should have replaced out.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
EBWOP: Not that me saying that my shot will work as it already has failed once, but it's still unconfirmed whether I was roleblocked or not. If he is telling the truth like you think he is, then it's likely that I will be able to kill him.

Kantrip

Kantplay
laundry brought something else to my attention that i had kind of glossed over

nabe. his play has been focused almost 100% on laundry. he all but ignored the jexs hardbody. he did say "dont hammer yet i have an inquiry going on," referring to his grilling of laundry, but past that i cant even recall if he had an opinion on the wagon or not.

then toDay rolls around and suddenly he seems to have dropped his laundry angle out of thin air. his so-called inquiry that he was so worried about D1 was no longer important and the suspicion that it seemed nabe was getting at had vanished. and just like D1, i have no idea what his thoughts on the central wagon of the Day are. does he think dietz is scum? town? should we lynch him? who should he shoot if town?

its all really strange and the way he dropped his sole focus in the game (literally) overNight bothers me

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
claim analysis is a lot of work. i'll do that later tonight. i just posted a ****ton anyway, time to let the thread stew a bit as it is.

Sons of Hardbody

Kary|marshy
the thing to get you off the couch is nabe saying "yeh i suspect marshy/kevin because they have done nothing this game"? that's shady.
ABSOLUTELY!

when i was thinking 'why dont i have any people who need to die outside of jd?' to myself the answer of 'maybe a player whos typically walking the null line' came to mind hence my exploration of kevin and nabe. im sick of nabes bull**** play (you can imagine how hard my eyes rolled when he came in here to slap me on the wrist for a comment made about your claim and leaving) and if hes scum for it ima make sure that if hes really going to push me as a mislynch/misvig that hes going to suffer for it. i dunno about you but ive been getting a bit of os all stars vibe to this game this phase

Sons of Hardbody

Kary|marshy
should we lynch him?
for ****s sake

can we PLEASE lynch jd? i dont know if everyones just forgot and i understand other names are bein thrown around but i dont want town ****ing this up when at worst we get a free kill on a slot no one liked prior to a claim

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
for ****s sake

can we PLEASE lynch jd? i dont know if everyones just forgot and i understand other names are bein thrown around but i dont want town ****ing this up when at worst we get a free kill on a slot no one liked prior to a claim
hell i have no reason to like him after my claim but look at my post where i quote the latest votecount and see if you can see what i see

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
ABSOLUTELY!

when i was thinking 'why dont i have any people who need to die outside of jd?' to myself the answer of 'maybe a player whos typically walking the null line' came to mind hence my exploration of kevin and nabe. im sick of nabes bull**** play (you can imagine how hard my eyes rolled when he came in here to slap me on the wrist for a comment made about your claim and leaving) and if hes scum for it ima make sure that if hes really going to push me as a mislynch/misvig that hes going to suffer for it. i dunno about you but ive been getting a bit of os all stars vibe to this game this phase
naw not really. the only thing that may be similar is you and me butting heads when we're both town but that's about it.

if you're talking about os all-stars nabe...well, i can actually kinda see it.

i mean, yeh, **** jd, but are you down to body nabe?

Kantrip

Kantplay
for ****s sake

i think youre misunderstanding what im saying there. im asking in the context of not knowing nabes opinion on the question "should we lynch him [dietz]?"

i myself am a firm yes to that question still

Sons of Hardbody

Kary|marshy
no by os all stars i meant after the first dayphase or 2 where we were weeding thru nulls which i feel is the case now

i AM down to body nabe and would be ecstatic to see him dead. i feel jd is still the best play just for completions sake and itd be a waste not to kill him

@ Unvote Unvote what do you think? you want a nabe shot or a full on lynch?

Top Bottom