• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

G3S Mafia: XL-Edition | Day 5!

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
One of marshy/Gorf, leaning marshy, not very happy with either slot but marshy is as quiet as he's accusing Gorf of being. Kary talking would be a really welcome change and would help sort some bull****.
ebwop (multigame johns)
Looking back I am actually okay with Gorf, KevinM is the bad quiet slot. My mind went to Gorf because marshy is calling him bad, which I actually think is garbage. In ignorance of Dietz/Laundry @ your original question, I'd want one of marshy/KevinM.

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
^ Gorf that post is an awful lot of reachs :/
if, like, youre referring to the maven vanilla cop thing, i was kinda just trying to counter the fact that reading him as town for that is stupid and not trying to hinge his alignment based off that man.

actually, all personal connection aside, i can vibe with sons of hardbody being extensively unhelpful recently. id expect them to be steering town in "the right direction" rather than just throwing out little side comments loling about town's bad direction.

Maven89

Smash Master
Huge FOS on Gorf right now. I feel like he's just throwing **** to see if it sticks. The fact that he loaded a bunch of questions my way then just abandoned it when I responded makes me feel like he has no real interest in his push on me.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Hmm

I concede my clearing maven off of role confusion was stupid

I need to reread him, that last post smells like omgus

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
... which might just be the grimiest response to the outing of a role that wanted to die I've ever seen.

So let me get this straight. You were content to push me regularly knowing I didn't die and didn't say a word. Then I let everyone know I was fine with being the lynch, and that I would heavily consider killing you as my own action; and you decide after that reveal that NOW is the best time to claim Doc/Vig with a shot that failed. So you could... lynch me? And obvi since I'm not on your scumteam I must be indy becuase I apparently have the ability to shoot you? Is that the life we live now?

What ****ing part of any of that made the best sense from a town perspective to claim, ever.

And why the **** are you claiming this only after my own like it's an insane afterthought? "Uh oh If I lynch him normally he might shoot me, but if I claim I have doc/vig and shot him and then we lynch him.... ????". Logic please.
you miss the point.

i am a bodyguard/vig. claiming, regardless of whatever i did, was not something i wanted to do. hence why i claimed only after you did. i am suspicious of the fact that you didn't die. while it was possible i was roleblocked i don't believe that to be that likely as i can't see why scum would target me when it's likely i could die. maybe it's because they saw my crumbs (i liked marshy's post about vig targets and claimed that i would prove myself as town, both were crumbs leading up to me popping someone in the mouth), maybe not. i can't prove anything. that's why i shut my mouth and voted you. i wanted to see how you played. and you played one of the grodiest claims i've seen. that's basically a giant "get out of jail free" card of a role. "you can lynch me and suggest who i shoot so it looks like i have no blame in the slightest but if you do and you're wrong it's a three man swing oh no that could throw the game". that's angling one hell of a punishment for lynching you in our face and subtly telling us we're wrong for trying. that's gross. that's scummy. that's lynch worthy. i threw my claim out there to add fuel into the fire.

also, ask yourself how many times scum have a bp. now ask yourself how many times indies do. use occam's razor and what do you get? me calling you indy over scum.

this is a very gross overreaction and my vote's not moving.

nowhere did i claim i had a doc.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Plus you were under heavy suspicion, it's pretty reasonable to assume a role blocker would have targeted you
again, i considered this, but i don't buy the likeliness enough to claim it's the most likely option. i have no reason to believe it to be true over other options, such as dietz being an indy with a bp, or dietz still being scum regardless of me getting roleblocked.

:186:

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Honestly if I was going to assume one of them made the claim up it'd be dietz, though I don't see the logic in that either.
"if you lynch me and you're wrong you lose three townies"

on top of a vig that can shoot every night if he forgoes protecting anyone.

think about this.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Thoughts on laundry/dietz
Laundry hella sketchy with the timing of his **** and his lack of oomph towards his push prior to that. I see no reason why laundry wouldn't start his da g ramrodding a dietz lynch if he effectively had a quasi guilty like he claims. No bueno
I want to say its really unlikely that both of these people are town, however it is entirely possible that we are dealing woth an svi situation. Not plausible, but possible.
i have so little on dietz because dietz posted 5 tangible posts yesterday. most were prodding people. the only telling ones were him clarifying he didn't townread jexs and his assault on my slot. i wanted to have more fire to my lynch of him but i had nothing really damning to push him on. then he claimed.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
so gorf. let me know when you plan on doing something in this game besides ****ting on people en masse with no direction

also ill share my ideas once i speak wit karebear this weekend but i gotta say damn @ there bein this much confusion over the play when i think its obvious as hell
i seriously considered vigging you. i regret not doing it but i was in no position to come in and say "HEY I SHOT MARSHY OVER DIETZ/ORBO GUYS"

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
You're not addressing Laundry's wording D1 w.r.t. Ryu's actual posting at that time, check it the **** out. As for the tunnel on Laundry (I prefer to call it my laser focus but let's use mafia terms) yeah, it's probably ****ty to stick to him that hard on pure statement analysis without looking elsewhere, it's what I do and I can respect anyone who thinks it's garbage. But the length of time I spent going on about the topic doesn't magically invalidate the actual words that are coming out of my mouth.
no but others also don't know about your omnipresent scumread for me so they're right to question your laser focus on my slot and nothing else. hell, i'm questioning it but you at least seem to have consistency with it unlike dietz/maven did at the time.

Maven89

Smash Master
I'm waiting for other people to post before doing a large reply, but I'd be shocked if Dietz had more then 10 posts this entire game

Jdietz does your role do anything else?

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
ebwop (multigame johns)
Looking back I am actually okay with Gorf, KevinM is the bad quiet slot. My mind went to Gorf because marshy is calling him bad, which I actually think is garbage. In ignorance of Dietz/Laundry @ your original question, I'd want one of marshy/KevinM.
i can agree with this

Sons of Hardbody

Kary|marshy
i seriously considered vigging you. i regret not doing it but i was in no position to come in and say "HEY I SHOT MARSHY OVER DIETZ/ORBO GUYS"

cool story bro. and i seriously considered lynching yu as did our flipped cop. come talk to me when this is conducive to finding scum aka never

jd still IS dying today and i hav NO idea why any1 else is even being considered for a lynch

im rereading tomorrow. i havent been paying much attention to maven but if theres something of worth i oughta give more focus on then point it out now

#HBC | BadWolf

Crusader of Ponies
do you mean for Orbo? I explained above, the guy is V/LA, and I'm not comfortable lynching a person without them having even a chance to defend themselves. Might change whenever I re-read, won't be till later today
Why aren't you ok with lynching an inactive? There's a chance that he could be mafia and if we don't have anyone else it's better than nothing.

Iirc you were saying something about the guy and not realizing he was a hydra part. You're too new at this game to fake something like that and i doubt its something that unvote scummate would have come up for you to do in pregame
why maven?
i think this ks how i feel. I want to extend what i said to him above and say its probably a towntell, but it could just as easily been something he said as scum if they were of different alignments
I had said this before second day read, I can understand where the townreads on him are coming from, but I still feel as if a bit of pressure on him wouldn't be a bad idea. He was kinda one to steer attention away from Jexs and while that may have been coincidental I don't buy that all too much.

I'm down with pressure on Maven but the whole Laundry and Orbo nonsense will have to be solved without me.

Vote: Maven

Maven89

Smash Master
Why aren't you ok with lynching an inactive? There's a chance that he could be mafia and if we don't have anyone else it's better than nothing.
I am OK with lynching inactives, but if we only have one then the guy should be replaced instead of lynched. I asked for his replacement in another post. But the guy had stated he'd be gone for a week (apparently not true), and I didn't like the idea of lynching a person who we knew wouldn't come back when he had so little information on him, not when he could be replaced. That's just a shot in the dark and town would be way better off having him replaced then just killing him and crossing our fingers that he's scum

#HBC | BadWolf

Crusader of Ponies
I am OK with lynching inactives, but if we only have one then the guy should be replaced instead of lynched. I asked for his replacement in another post. But the guy had stated he'd be gone for a week (apparently not true), and I didn't like the idea of lynching a person who we knew wouldn't come back when he had so little information on him, not when he could be replaced. That's just a shot in the dark and town would be way better off having him replaced then just killing him and crossing our fingers that he's scum
Fair enough.

Chaco

Never Logs In
I'll have my thoughts up and posted on the hydra in a mo'.

Orboknown

Smash Hero
you miss the point.

i am a bodyguard/vig. claiming, regardless of whatever i did, was not something i wanted to do. hence why i claimed only after you did. i am suspicious of the fact that you didn't die. while it was possible i was roleblocked i don't believe that to be that likely as i can't see why scum would target me when it's likely i could die. maybe it's because they saw my crumbs (i liked marshy's post about vig targets and claimed that i would prove myself as town, both were crumbs leading up to me popping someone in the mouth), maybe not. i can't prove anything. that's why i shut my mouth and voted you. i wanted to see how you played. and you played one of the grodiest claims i've seen. that's basically a giant "get out of jail free" card of a role. "you can lynch me and suggest who i shoot so it looks like i have no blame in the slightest but if you do and you're wrong it's a three man swing oh no that could throw the game". that's angling one hell of a punishment for lynching you in our face and subtly telling us we're wrong for trying. that's gross. that's scummy. that's lynch worthy. i threw my claim out there to add fuel into the fire.

also, ask yourself how many times scum have a bp. now ask yourself how many times indies do. use occam's razor and what do you get? me calling you indy over scum.

@mostly last line-in my experiance combat medic is more doc vig than bg/vig. Could easily be modified but i would think doc before bg
cool story bro. and i seriously considered lynching yu as did our flipped cop. come talk to me when this is conducive to finding scum aka never

jd still IS dying today and i hav NO idea why any1 else is even being considered for a lynch

im rereading tomorrow. i havent been paying much attention to maven but if theres something of worth i oughta give more focus on then point it out now
if you and confirmed townmac both wanted laundry dead...why is jd more lynchable to you?
**** happens in the military bro. My schedule changes constantly

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
you miss the point.

Okay cool, so you were serious about your claim. Honestly after you already jumped to claiming that's all I care about: whether I actually have to shoot you or not. But you're mafia's problem now.

For the record: You should have just let me kill myself, we already had 4 and me asking for it, you didn't need to do anything other than that, no amount of fuel trumps "Here I am I want to die". I was serious about it, and still am, and if you think that won't be today's lynch you're a fool. (I asked for votes as a pressure tool to see if you'd squirm about me getting away or if you'd start to be more concerned about yourself)

Vote: Jdietz

Now who do you want me to kill.

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
(though ironically it may have given us a better chance at hitting my kill even if it means you probably won't see tomorrow either... because without this equally "hard to be scum motivated" reveal I probably would have shot you)

#HBC | Gorf

Huge FOS on Gorf right now. I feel like he's just throwing **** to see if it sticks. The fact that he loaded a bunch of questions my way then just abandoned it when I responded makes me feel like he has no real interest in his push on me.
WOAH. hold your horses my man! it's weird how the opportunity was screaming for itself to be taken and, like, you took it!

@ Jdietz43 Jdietz43 i think shooting orbo is, like, the optimal play.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
(though ironically it may have given us a better chance at hitting my kill even if it means you probably won't see tomorrow either... because without this equally "hard to be scum motivated" reveal I probably would have shot you)
ain't like i'm playing like a godsend to town anyway. if i'm wrong and you're not scum, we've confirmed a roleblocker exists.

make sure to hit marshy/orbo on your way out. both of those ride in my unreadable list at the moment and you solving one would be a godsend.

Maven89

Smash Master
WOAH. hold your horses my man! it's weird how the opportunity was screaming for itself to be taken and, like, you took it!

@ Jdietz43 Jdietz43 i think shooting orbo is, like, the optimal play.
Ok I'm having real trouble trying to figure out what your saying behind the stoned hippie thing. The opportunity is me suspecting you?

#HBC | Gorf

absofrigginlutely!

well, moreso that you suspected me after one or two people started raising possible doubts on my case on you :)

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Okay cool, so you were serious about your claim. Honestly after you already jumped to claiming that's all I care about: whether I actually have to shoot you or not. But you're mafia's problem now.

For the record: You should have just let me kill myself, we already had 4 and me asking for it, you didn't need to do anything other than that, no amount of fuel trumps "Here I am I want to die". I was serious about it, and still am, and if you think that won't be today's lynch you're a fool. (I asked for votes as a pressure tool to see if you'd squirm about me getting away or if you'd start to be more concerned about yourself)

Vote: Jdietz

Now who do you want me to kill.
I don't recommend a Laundry shot right now.

Go elsewhere with it, not sure on exact ideal one. I'll see if Gheb lets me post int he morning when I am with it to give a better idea here.

Sons of Hardbody

Kary|marshy
ebwop (multigame johns)

NOW were talkin! congratulations nabe. yuve gotten my attention!

@KevinM
@ #HBC | Gorf #HBC | Gorf

what do yu think of laundry vs nabe?

@ #HBC | Nabe #HBC | Nabe

will yu ever bite the bullet on yur laundry suspicion? how is how yuve treated me this day phase any different from how yu treated me n swiss in sephiroth mafia? will yu ever a vote some1 outside rvs b contribute to a lynch and or c push a lynch in this game?

Sons of Hardbody

Kary|marshy
@ #HBC | Nabe #HBC | Nabe

do yu believe any of my actions in this game hav been scum motivated? if so what? please be truthful with the town. if you are pulling a washedlaundry and trying to champion a "i want you to shoot people i dont necessarily hav a scumread on" justification please b forthright with the town. if that is the case what is lacking in my play thatd tip yu off in either direction? yuve hydrad wit me a few times so i hope yu hav some kind of baseline by now. on a scale of marshy to cello marl how lazy would you rate your play?

Sons of Hardbody

Kary|marshy
hm. i feel like were tip toeing around the 2nd scum but the third (and uh maybe 4th if gheb did some **** like that?) might become a ****in flavor/os all stars **** where we hav to mow ******* down. but lemme reread to determine if this game is really as mucky as i remember it

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Nabe [1] - Unvote
Dietz [5] - Red Ryu, Laundry, Sons of Hardbody, Potassium, Jdietz43
Sons of Hardbody [1] - Maven89
Maven89 [1] - Badwolf

Not voting: Gorf, Orboknown, Nabe, KevinM

Takes 7/12 to lynch.
Deadline: last minute of November 5th.

does game specific rule #2 apply if this happens?
Of course it does.

:059:

Maven89

Smash Master
absofrigginlutely!

well, moreso that you suspected me after one or two people started raising possible doubts on my case on you :)
To be fair I don't feel like you were overextending and I have no idea what they're talking about. I agree that my lack of Jex hammer is suspicios and if someone else did it I'd be suspecting them too. But I'm not scum, so I have no problem with people asking me about it. What I was suspicious of was how you pushed me, I responded, people started putting doubt on you, and then you just dropped it completely.

Orboknown

Smash Hero
Objective best shots are me or kev and marshy. I understand people can't accurately make a read on me with how i post/when of late, and i think shooting kev is better than shooting marshy. Marshy is posting amd thought churning, and i aint seen kev for **** (when did he last post before daystart?)

#HBC | Gorf

To be fair I don't feel like you were overextending and I have no idea what they're talking about. I agree that my lack of Jex hammer is suspicios and if someone else did it I'd be suspecting them too. But I'm not scum, so I have no problem with people asking me about it. What I was suspicious of was how you pushed me, I responded, people started putting doubt on you, and then you just dropped it completely.
dropped i-

drop-

WHAWHAWHAAAAAAAT?! i have not for a single second dropped any sort of suspicion on you man, you must have some sort of screw up in your head loose! can you point out what exactly made you think this was the case?

@ Sons of Hardbody Sons of Hardbody i hadnt really put much thought into nabe + laundry as of late aside from when (i think) you asked me about their interpersonal relationship yesterDay and i said i didn't really like it. i still kinda stand by that but i guess id rather see the bigger fish fry before we let some others sizzle, ya know what im sayin dude?

Maven89

Smash Master
I think the Jdietz/Laundry fiasco has forced our hand this day and is going to make us vote for Jdietz. Thing is,
dropped i-

drop-

WHAWHAWHAAAAAAAT?! i have not for a single second dropped any sort of suspicion on you man, you must have some sort of screw up in your head loose! can you point out what exactly made you think this was the case?
I responded to your points against me and you just ignored it.

Top Bottom