• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

G3S Mafia: XL-Edition | Day 5!

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
no by os all stars i meant after the first dayphase or 2 where we were weeding thru nulls which i feel is the case now

i AM down to body nabe and would be ecstatic to see him dead. i feel jd is still the best play just for completions sake and itd be a waste not to kill him

@ Unvote Unvote what do you think? you want a nabe shot or a full on lynch?
honestly i'd rather shoot jd than nabe. i think that whatever happens regarding my slot tonight would be pretty telling about scum's capabilities this game.

:186:

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
that said, i feel grody by saying that. that reminds me of the **** i did in mp2 mafia with drew that threw the ****ing game.

i do agree with you marshy that we do have to weed through a lot of nulls, though. i only have two slots i trust as town right now, that's far too low.

Kantrip

Kantplay
honestly i'd rather shoot jd than nabe. i think that whatever happens regarding my slot tonight would be pretty telling about scum's capabilities this game.

why shoot jd when we can lynch him? then if hes town we can have his ability go off and shoot nabe for us

then you can shoot someone else entirely at Night

Kantrip

Kantplay
well i still think his play has been grimy and want to see him dead

the bonus of doing that by lynch is that if hes town we get to pick another scummy target to go down with him

unless his claimed ability works if hes vigged i dont see why we would do that over lynching him

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
i mean that's true i just worry about the potential for us being wrong as well. i hate his claim because it is a perfect claim for scum to make but it's also very ****ing worrying due to the potential of him not lying.

Kantrip

Kantplay
i guess i just fail to see how thats worrying at all. we lynched scum D1, and a PR at that. we are up in numbers, and a scummy player whom we were about to lynch claimed something that gives town another kill if hes town. if hes lying then we just lynched 2 mafia back to back and probably have this game in the bag. if hes telling the truth he can shoot the next scummiest player and its almost like we just lynched that player in the first place

i see a win-win here

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
i have a hard time stomaching this reaction as real because he was so fire and brimstone about my claim to suddenly say "that was all a facade k cool i'm dying who do you want me to kill". i can see the scummy motivation but his commitment to the act does make me falter a bit.

Once I realized you were having the same reaction I had from hearing your claim, being told something that I knew "couldn't have been true" it was easier to accept that this probably wasn't some kind of crazy scum move where you thought you had to claim something ridiculous to get me lynched.

I'd be lying if I said my initial reaction wasn't "wow laundry so scum, why do I have to die just to get this scumbag shot when it's this obvi" though.

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
No, but I don't like his claim and feel that if we let him live no one will ever be sure about him, and he'd end up getting lynched later anyways. I guess you can say it's a policy lynch.
That's pretty much the only reason I'm still on myself and not looking for other avenues (or even posting my thoughts). I want to see how this shiz is handled when I'm radio-silent, then shoot the person I want the most dead.

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
tl;dr

I'm not leaving Me + I was wrong shot a town member -> Laundry Still Alive until a later day. So I'm not acting townie, and I ain't got any plans on acting town any time soon. That'd muddy the issue.

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
I was suspicious of Jdietz before, and the only reason I'm not anymore is his desire to be lynched. So, I vote we lynch him. It's either a bluff or it's not, but I feel that lynching the guy is the only real response to such a claim. I'm actually really annoyed that Jdietz did that, if he didn't want to play he should have replaced out.
Lol, ain't a matter of not wanting to play. I will make that perfectly clear lol, don't want anyone thinking they can't trust Dietz to play when I AM invested in these games and intend to help my faction win em. The D1 being a mod of another game was unfortunate, but:

I legitimately think this is the best way to solve this game. When you're given the tools, you use them. If I start talking, you won't want to lynch me. But this happening gives town more information than it ever could have hoped to have from me keeping my mouth shut about my role and trying to slide by as someone who had low postcount and suspicion on them from D1 from a bad last-minute pressure decision when it could potentially backfire lategame.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
EBWOP: Joking. Likeliness of that is minimum. I just don't see the townie intent of killing yourself when your role does ****all in terms of confirming anything. You don't even confirm me as we still have the potential of a roleblocker existing. My death would confirm more.

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
EBWOP: Joking. Likeliness of that is minimum. I just don't see the townie intent of killing yourself when your role does ****all in terms of confirming anything. You don't even confirm me as we still have the potential of a roleblocker existing. My death would confirm more.

Yes, but it would look like it confirmed the wrong thing if you flipped vig-capable. Because I'm still not bulletproof, which means I'd be the next lynch AND still have to use my shot. Literally if people aren't going to take me to Lylo (and lord knows I ain't asking them to), then today is the best day.

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
Remember: mafia has incentive not to kill me in the night, I was grimy to start with and now that I've claimed there's pretty much no way they will. They do have incentive to kill you and solve everything if you're also not lying. Aka I am not lynching you.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
No, I don't get that. If you're town, you're potentially willing to put yourself at a detriment to town and even risk taking another townie with you because you think it's better to shut up and potentially throw the game (because I'm going out guns blazing tonight). You'd rather do that than play to your wincon and hunt for scum--why? Your wincon is to lynch the scum and gain a majority. Not just letting yourself get lynched but actively promoting your lynch is so incredibly contrary to that that I can't fathom why you would be doing this unless you're scum.

If we lose this game because you flip town and don't take scum with you, it's on your head. You want that responsibility?

Unvote

chaco|rajam
no by os all stars i meant after the first dayphase or 2 where we were weeding thru nulls which i feel is the case now

i AM down to body nabe and would be ecstatic to see him dead. i feel jd is still the best play just for completions sake and itd be a waste not to kill him

@ Unvote Unvote what do you think? you want a nabe shot or a full on lynch?
Where do I sign?

Unvote

chaco|rajam
i mean that's true i just worry about the potential for us being wrong as well. i hate his claim because it is a perfect claim for scum to make but it's also very ****ing worrying due to the potential of him not lying.

We'll never be 100% sure anyways, and honestly if both JDietz and Nabe flip town it's something we need to know now rather than later when it's gg

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
i agree. theres no reason for laundry to lie about trying to kill dietz. people may complain about the timing but i see it as laundry being patient and thinking dietz might be BP or commuter or have some explanation, then when dietz claimed something with no ability to self protect laundry goes off without considering the possibility that he was roleblocked

it was a misstep for certain but it was not a scum motivated move. occams razor points to honesty

i dont think we need to be directing his shot either, that just gives scum the ability to slip their opinion in and direct him away from shooting correctly

gorf whats your opinion of marshkary and nabe?
im, like, fine with the former but im getting a bad smell from the latter. after looking at nabe again his play seems... convenient, for like, lack of a better word man. he starts going somewhere, and loses the steam. i also completely agree with hardbody's sentiment about him.

#HBC | Gorf

actually, at this point, im like completely comfortable with dietz shooting either of orbo or nabe and laundry shooting the other at Night. i DO think we should allocate a Night to having laundry not shoot in order to prove that he isnt compulsive though.

and, like, if you couldnt tell, i think directing laundry at least for now is in towns best interest. i dont think hes a part of the corporate setup, but he can definitely be like a PI trying to take over the world and stuff.

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
Whoaaaa nelly.

First, I'm town roleblocker and blocked Laundry, hence my backing off post-claim and the hinting I've been attempting to do that I'm the one who did so / that mafia RB is dumb. Laundry has to be a targeting role with a visible effect, or else he wouldn't have claimed as much, and the way he claimed (while done at a dumb time) could really only be town, unless he REALLY wants Dietz dead as a lyncher or something, unlikely. I chose Laundry to begin with because of his Jexs hammer, which I thought was a bus. (Jexs had been quiet and Laundry had been brought up by a few people.)

And this is me saying Doc on me, cannot stress that enough, if you disagree Like this post

Secondly, a Dietz lynch is fine, but shoot Kevin since he is not here, not protown when he was here, and Orbo is participating (enough to hang him on his participation if you really want that (but you shouldn't)).

#HBC | Gorf

unless we have a counterclaim for blocking laundry i think we should TOTALLY believe nabe.

and for aaaaaaany naysayers out there, ask yourself: why does scum roleblock laundry of all players last Night man? thats just atrocious scum play.

Sons of Hardbody

Kary|marshy
swag

shoot orbo/kev wit a vig on the other tonight (i culd give a **** less if nabe dies) iight peace ******

Unvote

chaco|rajam
So if I'm reading it right Laundry is townfirmed with this (unless Laundry and Nabe are both scum which is highly unlikely)

Also agreeing with Gorf that scum roleblocking Laundry would be super-weird

Lynch Dietz > Kill Orbo? That's where I want to go now

Orboknown

Smash Hero
Orbo's #665 really needs to explain the why of his scumreads
Kev because he hasnt done **** but sit on voting me
Kantrip because he hasnt townread to me as of yet which feels wrong
Gorf because he usually synergizes with marshy and i townread marshy atm

#HBC | Nabe

will yu ever bite the bullet on yur laundry suspicion? how is how yuve treated me this day phase any different from how yu treated me n swiss in sephiroth mafia? will yu ever a vote some1 outside rvs b contribute to a lynch and or c push a lynch in this game?
I can't say I remember Sephiroth Mafia at all.

@ #HBC | Nabe #HBC | Nabe
do yu believe any of my actions in this game hav been scum motivated? if so what? please be truthful with the town. if you are pulling a washedlaundry and trying to champion a "i want you to shoot people i dont necessarily hav a scumread on" justification please b forthright with the town. if that is the case what is lacking in my play thatd tip yu off in either direction? yuve hydrad wit me a few times so i hope yu hav some kind of baseline by now. on a scale of marshy to cello marl how lazy would you rate your play?
I don't believe that you've taken any motivated actions, at least prior to this post when you asked me. I have to look at you for PoE, because you're in that sweet spot where you're here-not-here unlike Kev who is flatly not here and Orbo who is still making noise. Kevin is absolutely a not-scumread though, I have zero justification for that slot other than it being better than Orbo. If I thought Dietz would believe me on it, I'd ask him to shoot you, because I think that's better odds than Kev. What's lacking your play is play, and yes, that's hypocritical but I'm not trying to read myself. I have nothing in the way of baseline, because you are here without being notable at all. To be self-defeating, it's a little like me when I'm scum and that puts me the **** off because that's unlike you. That's why I want Kary posts to clear you up. And on a scale of marshy to Cello Marl (which is a ****ty scale because Cello wasn't lazy) I'm hard on the marshy end of the scale. You haven't been seeing laziness. At all.

Sons of Hardbody

Kary|marshy
no nabe. yure ******** about me not playing n when i put in effort n throw out names with even offering reasoning yu cry n say its wrong without offering a name yourself. its bull**** n yure sprinting for a brick wall teeth first when i die

the marshy -> cello thing was me lazy n cello hardworker cuz i feel yuve been way more me but apparently im blind

#HBC | Nabe

laundry's claim on the other hand ****ing stinks to me. I don't like the timing, how it comes in reaction, I don't like that he outed it for roughly zero benefit. How anyone wants to lynch JD and not shoot laundrihme is complete nonsense to me. In case any of you forgot, there are roughly zero odds that laundry got roleblocked. town JD -> scum laundry.
Prior to knowing my role, this is still a garbage opinion that suggests killing a claimed protective/vig (and it's Bodyguard, so he kills himself anyway) on the basis that he has no town motivation. There's zero scum motivation whatsoever. Also I take offense to the implication that an RB can't be town (smd)
I'm still thinking about that myself on why he claimed, and I kinda get it but still go wtf why now?

Perplexing.

He claimed vig at the very least and I don't see scum doing that without balls of steel, he can prove he can shoot someone and we can direct his shots.

If someone else dies, we lynch him. If no shot goes off, we lynch him.

He can figure it out from there. Feels safer to me, but if we are that sure he is full of ****, I'm ok with him being shot. Just right now I'm that convinced he is.
Most of the post going one way, last paragraph goes the other for an effective fence straddle. Clear this up please.

Nabe what do you think of dietz vs laundry?
Laundry town, Dietz... idk. My idea of Dietz goes hard as scum which obviously he's not doing here, but it's been ages. I put more merit in the fact that he's not giving valuable input to town, and like marshy seems here-not-here. I assume moreso you were asking me about the claim interactions, but I have nothing to say about that.

#HBC | Nabe

no nabe. yure *****ing about me not playing n when i put in effort n throw out names with even offering reasoning yu cry n say its wrong without offering a name yourself. its bull**** n yure sprinting for a brick wall teeth first when i die

the marshy -> cello thing was me lazy n cello hardworker cuz i feel yuve been way more me but apparently im blind
Unless you've posted more ahead of my catch-up read, I'm not wrong. Look back to D1 again and tell yourself (and me) you did anything. And if Kary has accounted for even 30% of your posts thus far then you are scum, straight-up, because Kary does not roll like this.

Sons of Hardbody

Kary|marshy
hey nabe. i did something. it was even something that yu didnt do! it was voting scum. smd

and ive talked to karebear but no he hasnt posted much. plz spare me the trash meta arguments

#HBC | Nabe

laundry brought something else to my attention that i had kind of glossed over

nabe. his play has been focused almost 100% on laundry. he all but ignored the jexs hardbody. he did say "dont hammer yet i have an inquiry going on," referring to his grilling of laundry, but past that i cant even recall if he had an opinion on the wagon or not.

then toDay rolls around and suddenly he seems to have dropped his laundry angle out of thin air. his so-called inquiry that he was so worried about D1 was no longer important and the suspicion that it seemed nabe was getting at had vanished. and just like D1, i have no idea what his thoughts on the central wagon of the Day are. does he think dietz is scum? town? should we lynch him? who should he shoot if town?

its all really strange and the way he dropped his sole focus in the game (literally) overNight bothers me
Jexs was idgaf. Literally tunneled Laundry. Amusingly I think the rest of this is covered now.

hey nabe. i did something. it was even something that yu didnt do! it was voting scum. smd
tru gj castiron townread reached

and ive talked to karebear but no he hasnt posted much. plz spare me the trash meta arguments
The argument, if there is any argument to make on you, is that there is nothing to argue about in your play. I'm NOT arguing for a lynch on you atm and I'm NOT pushing for a shot on you. Shot goes to Kev. If you feel compelled to be defensive over nothing, get in the saddle and proactively find scum. Again, acknowledging how ******** that is going to sound from me right now.

I'm out for the night now that I'm confident I'm not going to be immediately shot from the hip. Still, try not to hammer yet, we have deadline for miles and lots still to talk about. Content tomorrow, real.

Top Bottom