• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

G-rev XIX - Bring TVs, Power Strips and Cubes!

SUNG475

Smash Ace
I'll take irvine people to Grev, I first need to drop the other people out of my car at the venue though

Give me addresses. Fly/MacD/Spark/Hyprid/KirbyRaeg/???

!Peligro!

Smash Journeyman
looool

death of melee soon...
It's mostly because Trabuco Canyon is the middle of nowhere. Also, lots of Halloween parties were yesterday since it's on Monday. If stuff actually got hosted in LA it would have good turnouts, it's central to everything.

Fly_Amanita

Master of Caribou
It was cool seeing everybody in spite of the small turnout. Hyprid is hard; thank goodness for the Sheik-on-Brinstar cop-out.

ConnorTheKid

Treat Yo' Self
Premium
Trabuco Canyon being in the middle of nowhere doesn't mean much considering G-rev tournies used to get really good turnouts in the past.

GMhyprid

Smash Apprentice
Many thanks to Sung for being so nice to pick up and drop off Irvine smashers.

And to Fly for being a hero by having 4 quarters.

It was also great seeing some people who I haven't seen enter in awhile. Sherigami is still good.

LooksLikePit

Smash Ace
It was a good tournament even though only 13 people came. Thanks for doing round robin! Here are shoutouts, even though they are a rare sight these days.

Everyone- Good games! Nice to see you all again. :)

Hyprid- I think we both got better since the last time we played, and it was nice to see you again. As usual, the Young Link dittos were great. You ***** me in crews though lol

Fly- You still **** me haha. I think I am getting better though, but you still beat me convincingly. I feel like my next goal should be to go even with you :)

Matt- Thanks for playing with me. I think something you should work on is not being so emotionally invested in smash. I find it easier to play when I am level-headed and not worrying about results so much. Good job pwning it crews though!

Cameron- Man I missed you. You are one of the coolest guys I know. I don't even know what to say here haha. Thanks for showing up and chatting!

Mike- Same as with Cameron. You are awesome and everything about you is cool, and I love seeing you bro.

Sung- Thanks for making this weekend fun. I really enjoyed playing on Friday night and all of Saturday. We should work on our teamwork more and I think we would be a **** team.

Crimson Blur- It was great meeting you! You're pretty cool and fun to play smash with. I just realized that we still never played on the same team!

Dendy- I love being around you haha. You act so strange but it's awesome. Hipster girls, shake your ***.

Shadow Mesiah- You are such a great person! Very selfless and kind. Thanks for everything, maybe I should have taken your offer anyways because I got home really late. Next time we meet I definitely need to show you some melee stuff.

Kirbyraeg- You are the only person I beat that took a game off me, and I think it's hilarious that it was fox vs. kirby. I still got 3rd though lol.

Vincent- Nice to see you again. You need to work on your tech skill if you wanna beat my pichu :p

Jesson- Man it was great to see you, but it was also not because you took $5 from me D:<. Haha. Next time we play I am going all out on the gayness bro.

Emily- Nice to officially meet you! I had fun with all you guys and you made it great. I would like to see you more as I go to more tourneys again!

GSUB

Smash Lord
Shout-outs!!!

Stab: Thanks for hosting this! It's been so long!!! :) also, what sheridan said dude... it's too stressful for you (imo), and everyone around you (fact). Other than that, I <3 seeing you and am a sad panda you are no longer in the area =(((

Ekoli: ya'll

GHAD: already

Marque: know

Deadshot: what's up.

Sheridan: Duuuuuude. Thank you! That means a lot! :) you're pretty cool too, I guess.
.... JkJk you're super cool in my book Sheridan :) Too bad we didn't get into any philosophical debates or anything, but I'm also glad we didn't because it might've gotten heated, in the same way it gets for some melee players in tournament we know... hahhhaahha. I saw some of your matches, and you've definitely improved! In situational awareness imo, hah. WIsh we saw more of each other! Ah well, we got facebook and phones for that till then :)

spenser: Been quittte some time, haha. And like we established, quite some time since our last tournament encounter!! It was good seeing you and good playing you, wish we played more :p good job vs crimson blur :)

Crimson Blur: Yooooo, it was nice meeting you man! You're pretty funny dude :awesome: Buttt not funny enough ;) ahaha. Good games we played. And LOL at when I was like, "You sure you CP dreamland?" "Yes..?" "Brinstar." "FUhhhhh-" ahahahah, sorry dudddde. And thanks for the money match that let me enter :) hope to see you around!

Shadow Messiah: Damn, you're personable as hell and made that tournament a lot more fun that it would of been. Not everyone is like that ya knowwwwwww. haaha. Smoking cigs with you and Ekoli (Erik) and chatting was one of the highlights of the tourney, haha. We better see more of you dude! Melee seems to be dying, but as long each one of does our best to keep it alive, we can keep it here, and try and expand again :)

Puff dude yelling man: Good set. I hate puff dittos so much. i had to switch game 3 lol, i couldn't take it. Some hella gay play... but whatever. it's tourney so i guess anything goes, hah. you're commentary is funny as hell, but sometimes you hit too close to home :p goin for the throat, lol. Aint neccasary. Nice to meet you.

Sung: Good games man. Your falco is too legit :) I'm not sure why we never play... hahahaha. Good seeing you :)

Ryan: BRAH! Street Fighter is too good, I'm always so happy when you remind me and bust it out :) your makoto has definitely got some work installed into her, haha. GG's in tourney too. Break habits n shieettttt!! Sakuraaaaa<3

J666 and Emily: I'm glad to have actually officially met you guys, pretty cool couple I'd say :) good talking to you emily on the way to and fro pizza hut, ahaha. Watch out for them kitties!! And J666, damn your link is too goodddd!! Our tourney match and crew battle match were pretty much the same. close as hell (except for round 3 of tourney u_____u) hahaa. I choked on PS :/ gehhhh. Hope to see you around more and hopefully get in some more games and convo :)

Fly: Too good, as always. You ***** my jiggs man, but i think threw me a bone the second game, haha, thanks. Keep on keepin on Jeremy ;)

Anyone else :**** you It's 4:04am and I'm tired as ****, will finish this **** later. ****.

SUNG475

Smash Ace
Since freakin stab decided not to upload round robin scores, I'll have to remember ALL of names of the 13 entrants

Stabby - You definitely beat me good. Keep your head up and practice. MM next time me+sherigami vs you+J666 nice tourney **** food as usual (I was sooo hungry :p) I don't feel stressed when I'm around you, everyone goes through it in some way or another, and I do think it's all in your head

Ekoli - Lol you gimped my falco so hard

Shadowmessiah - You're really awesome for showing up to like...every tourney nowadays. Make sure you have the basic techs down 100% (things you can work on at home) and then in tourneys you can learn more about MATCH UPS and how to improve your gameplay. This means you need to perfect your SHLs, reverse SHLs, pillar combos, shine wavelands etc.. this sounds really gay but you can do anything if you really want it and have the determination

Deadshot - Super technical, I tried to be more technical in our sets and my hands were really sweaty :/ Too many SDs and weird edgeguarding that doesn't seem to work haha

Sherigami - Your flower is in my car, sorry for takin you back home so late, hopefully I'll be able to manage the time better next time and leave the venue when I should. We were...not thinking at all when we were playing teams, I'm glad I'll be able to practice with you more often, our matches can go either way

Hyprid - Same as above, I think our matches can go either way too. Something I found to be working really well was dash attacking you like even in front of your face probably because you aren't used to the timing/spacing of dash attacks than you are with aerial/laser approaches

J666 - I heard you like shopping at *****-R-Us. You can do so much better if you don't let things get into your head, I could too, actually. I also felt you were playing better against me at Hazes.

Doll666 - Really liked hangin out with you and J666 and Sherigami, as I mentioned before with shadowmessiah, you REALLY have to get your basic tech skill down before you can do anything. Perfect Shffled aerials, short hop double F airs, dash dancing, wavedashes.. lastly, stay true to yourself because the world needs more people like you just like I said in my G2 shoutouts

Fly - I enjoyed those 2 kirby medleys you posted somewhere, blast of nostalgia although it got old pretty quick lool. You're too good, although I felt like you weren't trying as hard in the PS match since it seemed like you always wanted to force yourself to my side in the transformations. Still super ****!

KirbyRaeg - Your Kirby is really hunky dory, I like that.

The Crimson Blur - I don't remember a crew battle taking place in that vicinity. LOL U JUS GOT WALLED SON

GSUB - Omg dat leather jacket is so hot. And you're right I've never played a puff like that before, does U smash OOS really stuff my mindless shield pressure?! O_o I should go to irvine again sometime to play with you, fly, and the other irvinians (bringin J666/Emily/others too prolly) so many smileys on your post not like it's a bad thing

DendayPretenday - Way too rowdy for that venue, shoulda told you that before the tournament but I forgot :/ (we need to make up for lost 1v1 practice time gotta go hard on 1v1s this friday) I don't believe in people having bad days, it's days where you can either collect yourself and move on, or you can't

Julian - PLEASE COME TO TOURNAMENTS!

"Anyone else :**** you It's 4:51am and I'm tired as ****, will finish this **** later. ****."

GSUB

Smash Lord
Smileys help me properly express myself as if it would be my face was I actually speaking these words :woman: hahaha, nice shoutouts sung, haha. And about upsmash OoS. Not if you shield-pressure perfectly I think. But.. idk, I'm just good at that, heh n.n

D

Deleted member

It's mostly because Trabuco Canyon is the middle of nowhere. Also, lots of Halloween parties were yesterday since it's on Monday. If stuff actually got hosted in LA it would have good turnouts, it's central to everything.
yep, mostly me being drunk and dum

LooksLikePit

Smash Ace
Wait a minute, I just realized that if I bought 13 power strips and brought them to every GREV tourney they would pay for themselves eventually, then I would have 13 free power strips.

Top Bottom