• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FUND: Help MANG0 get to EUROPE! $496.0 Goal: $1000! (BEAST 3!!!)

KUSH.

Smash Apprentice
It's not about ego. You're crazy if you think the mods would keep him banned on this alone.

Mang0 trolling and flaming was not good around here, we told him to knock it off with an ultimatum he promptly said,"Suck my ****." We gave him a chance to come back he promptly said "Mods have small ****s, suck my ****"

He's proven that the cons to bringing him back far outweigh the pros.

We also do not like using, "He's good at smash" as an excuse to bring him back. It sets a bad message to the community.
... so if he bends over and apologizes he can come back? fail. to me its pretty funny how the MODS decide what the COMMUNITY wants. its obvious and has been obvious that mango is joking around with his posts. if all you sensitive people cant take a joke then **** yall. learn to laugh at ****. thats the problem with this "community" everyone is so sensitive. im pretty sure everyone knows that mango would provide better advice than you power hungry mods.

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
Power hungry mods....because power matters on a video game website....right...

Mahone

Smash Champion
I think mods shouldnt give players special treatment but ive done **** much worse and never got even temp bannned

It sounds like a 3 month ban at most should have been sufficient...

Lifetime ban for saying suck my ****???

Yo mod SUCK MY **** U STUPID ****ING ****..

U have a small **** and can suck my ****

U Probably want to suck my ****, you *****

Aiight, i guess im getting a permaban now (but i highly doubt it)

:phone:

Morin0

Smash Lord
I don't quite follow on how Mango got banned...

if he got a temp ban due to infractions, made an alt, mods banned his alt, why would Mango be permabanned? IIRC, that's what happens when you make an alt. They ban the alt account but they don't ban the original account. So couldn't have Mango just chilled until his temp ban expired? If his original account got permabanned because he said "suck my ****" to a moderator, then that's dumb. An infraction? Sure. Permaban? lolno.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
I don't quite follow what you are saying.
I'm saying it doesn't matter what kind of message anyone is trying to make right now. The smash community is independent of anything else. There's no sponsors or things like that, we help ourselves because we are all homies, that's all that is.

Battlecow

Play to Win
The mods just enforced the rules lol

Mango has Lucifer-level problems with authority. Prolly daddy issues. He was never gonna follow the rules.

MikeHaggarTHAKJB

Smash Master
It's not about ego. You're crazy if you think the mods would keep him banned on this alone.

Mang0 trolling and flaming was not good around here, we told him to knock it off with an ultimatum he promptly said,"Suck my ****." We gave him a chance to come back he promptly said "Mods have small ****s, suck my ****"

He's proven that the cons to bringing him back far outweigh the pros.

We also do not like using, "He's good at smash" as an excuse to bring him back. It sets a bad message to the community.
its not about ego and yet you dont let him come back simply because he answered in a rude manner? >.>
do you realize how hypocritical that entire post is? it was a funny read.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
... so if he bends over and apologizes he can come back? fail. to me its pretty funny how the MODS decide what the COMMUNITY wants. its obvious and has been obvious that mango is joking around with his posts. if all you sensitive people cant take a joke then **** yall. learn to laugh at ****. thats the problem with this "community" everyone is so sensitive. im pretty sure everyone knows that mango would provide better advice than you power hungry mods.
If he actually said yes, instead of a very rude no, he would have been unbanned.

Him trolling and flaming was not pleasant to the non mod posters around the forums. Kind of a key thing people keep forgetting.

I don't quite follow on how Mango got banned...

if he got a temp ban due to infractions, made an alt, mods banned his alt, why would Mango be permabanned? IIRC, that's what happens when you make an alt. They ban the alt account but they don't ban the original account. So couldn't have Mango just chilled until his temp ban expired? If his original account got permabanned because he said "suck my ****" to a moderator, then that's dumb. An infraction? Sure. Permaban? lolno.
It's because people clearly don't get what happened.

Idk about the alt situation but here is what he did in a nutshell.

Offered some good advice on the forums, 90% of his posts were trolling and flaming to the point people were constantly posting in forum support and reporting him. It wasn't just on incident it was on going and never stopped.

We gave him an ultimatium, he broke it in less than an hour.

We asked him if he wanted to come back, did the suck my **** stuff.

It's not him saying that to us that matters it's more so he bluntly said, "No I don't care"

Which is the problem, he's showing no signed in changing his behavior and going back an doing what he did in the first place that got him banned. Being power hungry has absolutely nothing to do with it, it's that his behavior has shown zero improvement.

I'm saying it doesn't matter what kind of message anyone is trying to make right now. The smash community is independent of anything else. There's no sponsors or things like that, we help ourselves because we are all homies, that's all that is.
I get that, but it's more so we don;t want to show favoritism for being good at smash within out community to where it is unfair to others.

its not about ego and yet you dont let him come back simply because he answered in a rude manner? >.>
do you realize how hypocritical that entire post is? it was a funny read.
Ignoring completely he said, "No" to coming back.

~

If he wants to comeback he can do it in forum support, and actually show he means to help the community more than make it worse.

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
This forum is for the smash community. If 99% of the community doesn't care that certain mods, not all because some are cool, suck **** and want mango back then why does it matter?

This board is home to the melee community. People should be allowed to be themselves, which includes trolling, as part of that community as long as the community is ok with it. This forum just isn't all about factual information on playing the game. That's why there are social threads and threads which set up smashfests and arrange gatherings in tournaments. How can smashboards ban anyone who takes an active part in the melee scene?

If you guys really care about the spam, just ban him from certain areas in the forum. Crush said he was banned from General Discussion last time I talked to him. (which is duuuumb)

Captain Smuckers

Smash Journeyman
According to red ryu, people complaining was part of the reason he was banned. Also if someone truly wanted to piss you off you probably would want them banned eventually. With that said I'd be chill with mango coming back.

Chroma

Smash Apprentice
Today I learned that mods decide "what's good for the community"
I'm not for treating him too differently because he happens to be good at this game, but it sounds like that's exactly what happened with the permaban.

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
This forum is for the smash community. If 99% of the community doesn't care that certain mods, not all because some are cool, suck **** and want mango back then why does it matter?

This board is home to the melee community. People should be allowed to be themselves, which includes trolling, as part of that community as long as the community is ok with it. This forum just isn't all about factual information on playing the game. That's why there are social threads and threads which set up smashfests and arrange gatherings in tournaments. How can smashboards ban anyone who takes an active part in the melee scene?

If you guys really care about the spam, just ban him from certain areas in the forum. Crush said he was banned from General Discussion last time I talked to him. (which is duuuumb)
It's not just the mods who had a problem with Mango, people were complaining about it. People were unhappy with it and Mango wouldn't stop, what do you think an alternative solution would be.

Your whole talk about what the community wants is a bad way to think. There are rules to follow and Mango wouldn't follow them. I don't think it matters at all if the whole world wants a serial killer to be on the lose, he *** still needs to be in jail. If we do it the way you want then the popular people can do whatever they want because at the end of the day people still want them on the boards. Mango should stay banned until he swallows his pride and grow up.

strawhats

Smash Master
It's not just the mods who had a problem with Mango, people were complaining about it. People were unhappy with it and Mango wouldn't stop, what do you think an alternative solution would be.

Your whole talk about what the community wants is a bad way to think. There are rules to follow and Mango wouldn't follow them. I don't think it matters at all if the whole world wants a serial killer to be on the lose, he *** still needs to be in jail. If we do it the way you want then the popular people can do whatever they want because at the end of the day people still want them on the boards. Mango should stay banned until he swallows his pride and grow up.
so i guess this means u wont be donating?

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
If we do it the way you want then the popular people can do whatever they want
Haha isn't that like how the world works? I can think of dozens of examples of people getting off the hook or an incident getting shoved under the carpet by the media just because the person was so popular.

On topic: I get my next paycheck tomorrow and I'm going to donate some more. I really don't care how much of a jerk mango could be on the forums, he plays some damn entertaining smash and that's what a lot of people want to see.

Melee is the greatest spectator sport. ever.

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
so i guess this means u wont be donating?
Oh no, I will be donating. I like Mango. I just don't think he should be allowed to post on the boards.

Haha isn't that like how the world works? I can think of dozens of examples of people getting off the hook or an incident getting shoved under the carpet by the media just because the person was so popular.
Just because something happens a lot, doesn't mean it's right and doesn't mean that we should be ok with allowing it to happen.

♡ⓛⓞⓥⓔ♡

Anti-Illuminati
I think if Mango would want to return to the forums he would.

Is there any way his unban could be considered however?

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I think if Mango would want to return to the forums he would.

Is there any way his unban could be considered however?
Mango, not someone on his behalf but Mango himself needs to go to forum support and request to come back.

He also needs to show he isn't going to do a repeat of what he did before and be good for the community.

Problem is if he doesn't think he did anything wrong, that is a problem in itself.

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
if it's about a ****ing apology it's about ego. case closed.
An apology is about more than making someone else feel better, it's also about accepting that you made a mistake. Requiring an apology is bigger than the mods' ego.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
An apology is about more than making someone else feel better, it's also about accepting that you made a mistake. Requiringan apology is bigger than the mods' ego.
Pretty much this.

Looks guys I'm ok with him coming back but he needs to learn that what he did before was not ok with people around here.

TheSaudiMizer

Smash Journeyman
That's the whole purpose of a ban, to punish someone for breaking the rules. He has been banned for longer than the normal duration for the crime. He shouldn't be required to be sorry or apologize, he should just be banned again if he comes back and process to wrack up infractions and complaints. Requesting an apology or admission of wrong doing should not be in the criteria for unbanning somebody. If the mods are otherwise ok with it, then they should just unban him and moderate as normal upon his return.

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
That's the whole purpose of a ban, to punish someone for breaking the rules. He has been banned for longer than the normal duration for the crime. He shouldn't be required to be sorry or apologize, he should just be banned again if he comes back and process to wrack up infractions and complaints. Requesting an apology or admission of wrong doing should not be in the criteria for unbanning somebody. If the mods are otherwise ok with it, then they should just unban him and moderate as normal upon his return.

If a rapists makes it clear that he intends to **** again then should he really be let out of prison? I think he should stay there until he realizes that his behavior is unacceptable.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352

Permabans don't have durations.

Blu

Smash Apprentice
If a rapists makes it clear that he intends to **** again then should he really be let out of prison? I think he should stay there until he realizes that his behavior is unacceptable.
**** is something far more harmful/irreversible than a forum post. I agree that with the prior offense, steps should be taken to prevent even a potential occurrence if at all possible. However, I don't think that the same steps are needed for Mango's case; the two really aren't comparable.

If he messes up again, just ban him again. I'm sure a second chance's failure won't result in any psychologically damaged individuals... or unwanted pregnancies.

Permabans don't have durations.
I still don't see why he was banned indefinitely, tbh.

Top Bottom