• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FUND: Help MANG0 get to EUROPE! $496.0 Goal: $1000! (BEAST 3!!!)

Bones0

Smash Legend
Pretty sure this is how it actually went down:
He was rude on the forums (no surprise) so he got a temp ban. Then he made an alt account to circumvent the ban which equals perma ban. Then the mods tried to reach out to him later in hopes of letting him come back, but he wouldn't even apologize. lol

The Star King

Smash Hero
How is that blackmail by any stretch of the imagination? They didn't perm ban him for not apologizing, they already perm banned him but offered to lift it later (and he basically told them to go **** themselves).

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
He's a pretty cool guy if he likes you
If he doesn't...... well.....

DarkUsleon

Smash Ace
Hmm. Regarding the 100-man limit topic...

It's set to 100 people because of the venue. It'd be hard to fit more people in there.
Maybe Tero can explain that with more details.

Biglard

Smash Journeyman
it's a sad day when the community can't even get hyped and fly its champions to events because they need to argue with people they don't even know so badly
Well, get hyped and donate if you wish man, but for the moment I can't see your name in the donators list, so stop complaining like that.

And Mango isn't my champion, my champion is Hugs. But I doubt there will be a fund for him to come to Europe. :(

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
Well then they should find a better venue instead of capping it at 100 people.

Tero.

Smash Champion
How about you just host your own 100+ man tournament since you care so much.
Thank you, Bones0.

The venue I got for this is the biggest (affordable) one available.
European tournaments never got more than about 130 people even when the location got space for 2500+ people like at Smashers Reunion.

Slhoka

Smash Lord
Thank you, Bones0.

European tournaments never got more than about 130 people even when the location got space for 2500+ people like at Smashers Reunion.
Ahem.
231, sir, 231.
But yeah, overall, you're right.

However, I think that a large tournament in a good location (Paris, Freiburg or Amsterdam) could go over 150 without too much trouble.

Tero.

Smash Champion
Ahem.
231, sir, 231.
But yeah, overall, you're right.

However, I think that a large tournament in a good location (Paris, Freiburg or Amsterdam) could go over 150 without too much trouble.
I forgot to say "recent tournaments"
Amsterdam would be cool, but dutchies never get venues where you can stay over night.
Another huge ESA would be BOMB.

I would rent a larger venue if that would be possible, but sadly it isn't.

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
How about you just host your own 100+ man tournament since you care so much.
I don't have the spare time to plan a tournament right now.

Thank you, Bones0.

Smashers Reunion got ~160~ entrants, which is 60 more entrants than this tournament can get because you put that stupid cap on it. This is a waste of time for Mango and a waste of money for everyone who is donating. Your cap has ruined everything.

Paju

Smash Journeyman
I don't have the spare time to plan a tournament right now.

Smashers Reunion got ~160~ entrants, which is 60 more entrants than this tournament can get because you put that stupid cap on it. This is a waste of time for Mango and a waste of money for everyone who is donating. Your cap has ruined everything.
There were 124 singles entrants at Smashers' Reunion. Get your facts straight. BEAST 2 and BEAST 1 had almost exactly as many entrants. I don't get why you're making such a big deal for ~25 entrants. If you think the tournament will suck or there is no point in sending Mango over here because of the 100 man limit, you don't need to donate anything.

Bones0

Smash Legend
Your cap has ruined everything.
It's not his cap, you dumb***. It's the physical limitations of the venue. Even if the venue was huge and he just wanted a 100-man cap for his own benefit (not having to deal with a larger crowd), that's still his prerogative since it's HIS tournament. If someone was hosting a smashfest at their house and limited it to 10 people you wouldn't be upset. How is this any different?

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
It's not his cap, you dumb***. It's the physical limitations of the venue. Even if the venue was huge and he just wanted a 100-man cap for his own benefit (not having to deal with a larger crowd), that's still his prerogative since it's HIS tournament. If someone was hosting a smashfest at their house and limited it to 10 people you wouldn't be upset. How is this any different?
Are you really this dumb?

He is the TO, so by extension it is his cap. He could gotten a venue that wouldn't require a cap but he wasn't competent enough to do so. And it's thinking like yours why the smash community is dieing so rapidly. This tournament is bigger than Tero, it's not about Tero or want kind of tournament he wants, this is about the smash community. People are donating money for this, for the smash community, it's not Tero's place to **** that up.

Oneupsalesman

Smash Journeyman
Eh, a 100-man limit isn't too much of a bother to me, but I get why it might bug some others. I wish there was scene where I lived..

Twinkles

Smash Lord
Hey Novi, do you know which of the big names in EU (ARMADA) are very likely to attend this tournament?

DarkUsleon

Smash Ace
Hey Novi, do you know which of the big names in EU (ARMADA) are very likely to attend this tournament?
Well, already some good players from Sweden, Italy, Finland and Netherlands have shown interest. Not to mention that Germany is easier to get to that lots of other european countries.

I can imagine lots of frenchies being interested too, as Freiburg isn't far from the french border. And I could try to talk with the spanish community too.

I think the tourney will be pretty stacked :p

Armada

Smash Lord
Talked to Strawhat recently and he wanna start travel again. So I will talk to him about this tournament too =)

Twinkles: I will be coming for sure!

D

Deleted member

who gives a **** about europeans besides armada u ****ing chump

jesus ****ing christ

♡ⓛⓞⓥⓔ♡

Anti-Illuminati
who gives a **** about europeans besides armada u ****ing chump

jesus ****ing christ
lol s2j

while it's true that anyone but armada in Europe is unlikely to beat Mang0 it would be still hype to see other european tops play against Mang0. There will be a lot of videos

E:

Sent from my Samsung Gio using Fapatalk

Twinkles

Smash Lord
ARMADA'S GOING

Then I'm still not sure why anyone would give a **** about the 100 entrants limit. It'll be a hype tourney anyway you slice it. =)

stabbedbyanipple

Smash Master
Pretty sure this is how it actually went down:
He was rude on the forums (no surprise) so he got a temp ban. Then he made an alt account to circumvent the ban which equals perma ban. Then the mods tried to reach out to him later in hopes of letting him come back, but he wouldn't even apologize. lol
Mango is the best of the best and the people's champ. It would be a travesty (and I'm pretty sure he has too much pride) for him to give an apology to ***** *** mods

Construct

Smash Journeyman
I just feel that it's MUCH more beneficial to have one of the very very best players posting on here than it is for some moderator's ego to be stroked.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I just feel that it's MUCH more beneficial to have one of the very very best players posting on here than it is for some moderator's ego to be stroked.
It's not about ego. You're crazy if you think the mods would keep him banned on this alone.

Mang0 trolling and flaming was not good around here, we told him to knock it off with an ultimatum he promptly said,"Suck my ****." We gave him a chance to come back he promptly said "Mods have small ****s, suck my ****"

He's proven that the cons to bringing him back far outweigh the pros.

We also do not like using, "He's good at smash" as an excuse to bring him back. It sets a bad message to the community.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
It's not about ego. You're crazy if you think the mods would keep him banned on this alone.

Mang0 trolling and flaming was not good around here, we told me to knock it off with an ultimatum he promptly said,"Suck my ****." We gave him a chance to come back he promptly said "Mods have small ****s, suck my ****"

He's proven that the cons to bringing him back far outweigh the pros.

We also do not like using, "He's good at smash" as an excuse to bring him back. It sets a bad message to the community.
The community is already the way you describe it is, you would be foolish to think otherwise or even better trying to make a name for ourselves outside of the smash community. It's not going anywhere and the things that happen inside this community should stay within anyhow.

Top Bottom