• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fun Tier Thread

DemonicInfluence

Smash Ace
1. Jigglypuff
2. Ness
3. Falcon
4. Fox
5. Mario
6. Pikachu
7. Kirby
8. Luigi
9. DK
10. Samus
11. Link
12. YOSHI

Though, everyone except the last 2 are pretty fun

~ImNotPro

D

Deleted member

falcon dittos are either one of the best or one of the worst, completely reliant on your opponent and whetherhe is a noob that practices up-air links in his room in dreamland only or has **** tent creativity

D

Deleted member

not really

play superboomfan who plays falcon dittos efficiently, plays defensive until there is a clear opening, always capitalizes on an opening, and up-air up-air-up-air up-airs to victory

to say its a lottery is false, maybe in mid level

NixxxoN

Smash Master
Well, I said lottery because you can make the smallest of mistakes and the punishment is to be upsmashed/grabbed and comboed to death, easily.

D

Deleted member

lottery implies complete randomness

i guess superboomfan is the luckiest **** in the world

Daedatheus

Smash Lord
Remember that Tigerbombz beat Boom in a Falcon ditto once, it's still a silly matchup.

Anyway Falcon dittos I find to be most fun when you go for ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS stuff. Crazy combos and **** off the edge and a whole bunch of dair tech-chasing and basically not doing zero-to-deaths all the time, but rather risking a wrong read here or there to pull of some super-flashy stuff with hilarious finishers. Then the other Falcon respawns and you both taunt-cancel camp.

RPGsFTW

Smash Ace
Top Tier:
Ness <3 DJC!
DK
Luigi
Mario
Yoshi <3 <3 DJC!

Mid Tier:
Jigglypuff
Link
Samus
Fox

Cool, but sort of an ******* Tier:
Falcon

******* Tier:
Pikachu
Kirby

SSB64-Jel

Smash Lord
Here is my list
1. Link
2. Luigi
3. Fox
4. DK
5. Samus
6. Mario
7. Captain Falcon
8. Ness
9. Pikachu
10. JigglyPuff
11. Yoshi
12. Kirby

dandan

Smash Lord
yoshi is the most fun, when i succesfully parry to z2d, it is satisfying.
shame it does not happen much...

DMoogle

A$
more like worst ditto. what could possibly be fun about two people spamming each other with bombs and rang?

matchups with link in general suck.
Nope, your opinion is wrong. :) Link is the **** in every matchup, whether his opponent is Pikachu on Dreamland or Luigi on Hyrule.

SheerMadness

Smash Master
Link is annoying as hell to play against. Hes so annoying that I'm shameless as **** and usually take him to dreamland and gimp the **** out of them in hopes they get mad and switch characters. Yoshi dittos are worse though. Everyone is all like oooh I'm gonna Yoshi ditto sheer and just uptilt to dair me the whole match.

dandan you gettin pro with the parries? Like a month ago you didn't even know how to do it.

Zen Yore

Smash Ace
Montreal, Quebec, Canada, North America, Earth
Link is annoying as hell to play against. Hes so annoying that I'm shameless as **** and usually take him to dreamland and gimp the **** out of them in hopes they get mad and switch characters. Yoshi dittos are worse though. Everyone is all like oooh I'm gonna Yoshi ditto sheer and just uptilt to dair me the whole match.

dandan you gettin pro with the parries? Like a month ago you didn't even know how to do it.
u mad cuz my link is awesome

Kefit

Smash Journeyman
Link matchups aren't as bad as matchups against Foxes who do nothing but shdl camping for ten minutes.

NixxxoN

Smash Master
I'd agree with Kefit that "professional fox laser spammers" are the most annoying to play against

dandan

Smash Lord
really not, i manage to sneak one or two in every game or so, sometimes they lead to nice things. i still cannot do usmash parry, **** this kb ghosting.

D

Deleted member

more like worst ditto. what could possibly be fun about two people spamming each other with bombs and rang?

matchups with link in general suck.
its not fun for you because you don't make it fun :(

Frogles

Smash Ace
nah it's not fun cause im chasing link players all over the ****ing map.

but i guess i shouldnt talk about fun since my game revolves around gimping. xO

The Star King

Smash Hero
DK is a bazillion times more fun to fight against than he is to use (unless all your opponent isn't trying to do anything but chain grab).
I feel the exact opposite lol

I'm a natural born tier *****

Pika
Kirby
Yoshi
DK
Falcon
Fox
Ness
Link
Samus
Jiggs
Luigi
Mario

Fox can range between first and last depending on the day, but I would say 6th is where he usually is.

DMoogle

A$
Mario has become a lot more fun for me now that I've started experimenting with his down-B. I still suck with short-hop d-air to u-air though. And fireballs.

sammy p

Smash Lord
luigi
kirby
pikachu
jigglypuff
link
mario
C Falcon
samus
fox
yoshi
DK
Ness

..... sorry ive never really enjoyed ness on any game! lol

The Star King

Smash Hero
In regards of playing AGAINST, Link annoys more than any other character in any other smash game, if they go around the map shooting too much projectiles at you (AMONEY). I'm really bad against Link, I'm just weird like that.

DMoogle

A$
In regards of playing AGAINST, Link annoys more than any other character in any other smash game, if they go around the map shooting too much projectiles at you (AMONEY). I'm really bad against Link, I'm just weird like that.
:(:(:(:(:(

But how can I survive without projectiles?

NixxxoN

Smash Master
:(:(:(:(:(

But how can I survive without projectiles?
U have teh sword n stuffz.

I like to apply the "dont throw out when grabbing" rule when doing Link dittos. In this way, you can do funnier matches and not just projectile spamming

SilentSlayers

Smash Journeyman
sord dons exits

I agree with the Link = boring statement though. Too campy. I don't mind the people who are agressive with them, but still not my favorite match up at all. And yeah, Yoshi and DK. :D

SmashThugZ

Smash Journeyman
You should play my Link, SilentSlayers.
My favorite stage to play on is Kirby land so that people can't keep running from me.

smasher32

Smash Journeyman
Fox
Kirby (that's right, #2)
Mario
Link
CFalcon
Ness
---
rarely/never played characters:
Samus
Yoshi
DK
Luigi
Jigglypuff
Pikachu

I like playing Kirby and I can't remember the last time I've played as Pika...maybe 6 or 7 years ago?

Top Bottom