• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ftilt vs. Dtilt

Taeran

Smash Journeyman
I can't find a single situation where ftilt is better then dtilt, dtilt being the godly move it is.

Dtilt even has a invisible hitbox above the manhole, going about as high as ftilt. Dtilt has more range. Dtilt is faster.

Is there any areas where ftilt shines above dilt?

Neb

Smash Lord
Well...it can KO at the ledge, and delivers more damage. Ftilt is a tad more powerful than the dtilt, so its a nice brute force tool, like a baby fsmash... Use it as a spacing mix-up, similar to how Marth has ftilt, dtilt, and jab, G&W's chair tends to act like a secondary range tool. Shuffle through the two when you can, and throw your opponent off using their different timings, abuse both dtilts quick finish, and ftilts lingering hitbox.

Even so, fsmash is usually a better choice in a dtilt wall scenario. Then again, you could probably cycle through all three if your spacing is good.

Taeran

Smash Journeyman
Even so, fsmash is usually a better choice in a dtilt wall scenario. Then again, you could probably cycle through all three if your spacing is good.
I try to keep my fsmash fresh for kills.

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
You can't smoke shrooms, or at least its inefficient.

Also, use it when you know you are going to hit, need more damage, and don't have time for a smash. or a grab. Also, if you are ready to take some punishment from powershield or roll..

It really does lag behind the rest of GaW's moveset, use it sparingly.

K@0S

Smash Ace
It's easier to buffer a ftilt from your back at landing or after a bair than turning around and do a dtilt.

But overall dtilt is way better..

animeblitzballa33

Smash Ace
You can combo out of the dtilt really well if you keep it unpredictable. The dtilt also has the ability to hit opponents that are under you on a platform. There are countless times i have caught someone off guard this way cause it is totally unexpected.

K 2

Smash Lord
Lol, even a staled smash from G&W will kill a lot earlier than fresh smashes of other characters. If fsmash is stale, you have dsmash, usmash, and fair for killing.

But generally, as other people said, there are better moves to use in its place (fsmash, dtilt), but as Neb said, it does have situational uses.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
F-tilt does more damage and knockback than D-tilt. It's faster than the F-smash too.

Taeran

Smash Journeyman
A fresh fsmash kills sickly early :p

In order to smoke a shroom, you must first cut it thin and roll it into a cigarette. THEN you smoke it,, it is the only way.

You also must check that they are power shrooms, not poison shrooms.

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
A fresh fsmash kills sickly early :p

In order to smoke a shroom, you must first cut it thin and roll it into a cigarette. THEN you smoke it,, it is the only way.

You also must check that they are power shrooms, not poison shrooms.
What advantages would that provide?

Also, smoke is smoke, so that wouldn't be the only way.

Taeran

Smash Journeyman
Get on topic, and wrapping it paper helps the process a lot, makes it more natural.

Lemonwater

Smash Ace
Yeah, I rarely use f-tilt. D-tilt is faster and has more reach with a lingering hitbox.

F-tilt has more launching power and helps refresh move decay though, so it's not useless.

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
Zongs, all I have to say.

Also, F-tilt is hard to incorperate into your game, and often not worth the risk. It punishes spot dodges ok... but so does 2 d-tilts.

Taeran

Smash Journeyman
I like to use fsmash to punish spot dodges because it kills and it works because it lasts so long.

Needle of Juntah

Smash Champion
I can't find a single situation where ftilt is better then dtilt, dtilt being the godly move it is.

Dtilt even has a invisible hitbox above the manhole, going about as high as ftilt. Dtilt has more range. Dtilt is faster.

Is there any areas where ftilt shines above dilt?
mindgames lol

Rajam

Smash Champion
As K2 said, this is kind of nonsense, because of other options like dsmash or fair, but mostly, because you can somewhat "abuse" fsmash and then use uair somewhere to refresh your moves

About ftilt v/s dtilt... i think ftilt works well when the opponent is behind you and you dont have the time to dsmash or turn around... just ftilt towards your back, its faster.

Noa.

Smash Master
Ftilt is can really only be used for mindgames, and getting in the extra damage. Not using Ftilt in a match would be quite normal. It's slow and has less range than dtilt. It may or may not be worse than Utilt. I think I use Utilt a little more, but G&W doesn't use those tilts too often at all.

Mr. Escalator

G&W Guru
NNID
MrEscalator
Utilt is definitely better than Ftilt, but yeah, his none Down tilts aren't his best moves.
When I do use Ftilt, it seems to work well, but I dont use it that much, tbh.

PentaSalia

Smash Master
NNID
PentaSalad
Dtilt works in so many more situations
as an edgeguard(kinda)
and overall better for spacing

hmm i can only see Ftilt being used for...if they're being overly aggressive
and mind games i guess

overall shouldn't be used too much

Kaiasian

Smash Cadet
Ftilt isn't as good as dtilt...
But sometimes i accidentally use it when i try to dtilt, but i still hit them :D

PentaSalia

Smash Master
NNID
PentaSalad
it works well when they're literally
right in front of you,like bodies touching lmao since it comes out decently fast

but the recovery would probably do better:p

Nicole

Smash Champion
the only time i use f-tilt is accidentally. i really don't see that f-tilt has any awesome uses though, especially because it stays out for so long, it's pretty easy to punish. plus, d-tilt is such a great move.

sonic 12111

Smash Journeyman
You can't smoke shrooms, or at least its inefficient.

Also, use it when you know you are going to hit, need more damage, and don't have time for a smash. or a grab. Also, if you are ready to take some punishment from powershield or roll..

It really does lag behind the rest of GaW's moveset, use it sparingly.
^^^

Drug abuse?!?

Anyways f tilt might be better for blocking a close range (partially charged) aura sphere. Sometimes when the sphere goes up your d tilt cant reach it. so u use your f tilt just in case i guess??:confused:

Top Bottom