• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FS8: Revolucion! January 9th 2010, San Antonio TX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xilo Pryce

Smash Lord
I agree. I really would like to not have to be there all day and leave my gf at home. And she will go, but not all day. And it seems silly to pay 12 dollars for her to barely play and then leave. I think a more reasonable venue fee would have been appreciated.

I understand that the venue fee is needed, but it doesn't seem that needed. Perhaps it's also used as the bonus in the tournaments?

I could also be wrong. It is a large venue after all. it's just hard to set down 22 dollars for the day to participate in the "side event" That being said, I am still looking forward to it. And complain all I want, I still am looking forward to it

Van Jones

Smash Lord
Good luck tomorrow everyone.

Someone make sure to post the live stream link so I have a reason to dip out as soon as the ceremony is over.

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
its pretty ****ing stupid that we cant have outside food after a 12 dollar venue fee.

lemme guess, bottle water is 4 dollars? or maybe its a dollar, but a hot dog is 6 right?

anyone wanna MM me that the food is stupidly overpriced?

/rant

anyway, someone from SA, bring equipment for a livestream. Its pretty stupid to rely on another city to provide your stuff. If there's no livestream then theres 10x less hype and the tourney is 10x worse as a result.
I really am sorry about no outside food or drink, but let's think about it from my point of view: we were able to save $200 on the cost of the venue because he is providing concessions. Not only would we be spending more money, we wouldn't have any concessions at all.

Anyways, while I did say no outside food or drink, seriously, don't worry about it. If you sneak in a gatorade or a water or something I personally don't care. Just don't come in with a food run from Whataburger.

Secondly, Beah unfortunately had to back out at the last minute. Only person we can blame is his cousin. Unfortunately no one in SA can provide a livestream, or else they would have stepped forward.

We're just gonna have to do it like in the old days:

...YOU HAD TO BE THERE. ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jtuA5we0RZU

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
We're bringing a recording setup, my laptop with tio. I'll also be twittering during the event for Melee results, and also during pound.

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
@ronnie: I wish you were coming so I could prep for pound, but whatev, I'm down.

Is arc coming to this? I need technical fox practice.

S.O.S.

Smash Lord
We're bringing a recording setup, my laptop with tio. I'll also be twittering during the event for Melee results, and also during pound.
thank you doh. at least someone can get **** done. <3

p.s. good luck to everyone entering the tournament. <3

dcx1287

Smash Lord
Wow my last 5 posts here were posted literally 1 year ago. then my 6th to last post was posted 2 years ago. baller

Tirno

Smash Journeyman
i taught this guy marth dittos it's like i got 2nd vicariously. **** i am so good
Now all I gotta do is get you to come to Smash Club, beat you, and then I will have practically gotten 2nd. My plan is flawless, I say, flawless!

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
Results thread will be up later, when UTD Zac is awake (He has them on his computer.)

Melee results whenever DoH sends them to me.

Alex19

Smash Journeyman
wow darkrain came? and arc and xelic? i didn't show cause i didn't think many ppl were going lol

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531

AustinRC

Smash Lord
I messed up on the results sorry so to clear things up I will now show the true results.

1st Darkrain
2nd dcx1287
3rd some cute noob

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
Sorry guys, I went tanning and stuff

1: darkrain ($138.00)
2: ARC ($57.50)
3: Xelic ($34.50)
4: SOS
5: pax
5: DoH
7: Mouf
7: JF
9: Nike
9: Vash
9: Bluezaft
9: Brawly
13: King Mosquito
13: Clue
13: RedShadow
13: Zev
17: Dawn
17: XiloPryce
17: Mikey
17: Jeremy Jean-Jaquer
17: Dad
17: NUBZ
17: Dinh
25: yes

S.O.S.

Smash Lord
on a memorable note this is the 1st tournament that xelic defeated me in the past 6 years that weve played in at tournaments. gg. i have finally been broken. <3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom