• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FS5: Reunion, Brawl&Melee, San Antonio TX, Jan 10th/11th (DRIVING INFO IN 1st POST!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nike.

Smash Hero
Dojo, that makes 4 of you guys now, right? And I'll be housing another city/state, but idk which one yet.

davico

Smash Rookie
Hi, I posted because somemany players from méxico are interested to go al SF5, we play melee only, may be one plays brawl; may be we would like play mm =)
between more goods smashers going to the SF5, we are more intested to go, I have understand that may be going somemany good player like caveman,mango, alex...
my friend who is from Monterrey (City where the twins are...) are instested to play to caveman
we would be very grateful if you could notify us

sorry for my bad and poor english -___-

greetings from mexico!

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
i'll probably come w/ my LA buds.

theres too many bad levels allowed...
Corneria, Distant Planet, Green Greens, Green Hill Zone, Jungle Japes, Luigi's Mansion, Yoshi's Island (Pipes)
seriously?! Are all those really neccessary? Whats the point of banning a gay level if theres 8 others someone can camp on?

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103

Corneria, Distant Planet, Green Greens, Green Hill Zone, Jungle Japes, Luigi's Mansion, Yoshi's Island (Pipes)
seriously?! Are all those really neccessary?
Those levels look fine to me.

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
well, those are good levels if ur a fan of party games.
i'm just very...um... about making the game less campy and obstacle oriented and more of a fighter, but i guess thats moreso a difference on fighting philosophy than just opinion...
regardless, i'll attend the tournament if i can.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I almost got mindgamed into thinking that Cyphus was King Mosquito.

Then I realized that Cyphus' name was purple.

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
well, those are good levels if ur a fan of party games.
i'm just very...um... about making the game less campy and obstacle oriented and more of a fighter, but i guess thats moreso a difference on fighting philosophy than just opinion...
regardless, i'll attend the tournament if i can.
bring melee kids.

and lets wrestle.

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
i'll wrestle you DOH. but i wont bring melee- i am not gay!

(theres only a couple melee players left in LA, sorry. i just got tired of it it :/..not saying i wont get tired of brawl, cuz i will,...but until then..i have side games to keep me busy..

ALSO
I offer any sort of MM for Kirby's Avalanche (downloaded for wii).
anyone dare challenge the self proclaimed world's best? ;)

Alex19

Smash Journeyman
Hi, I posted because somemany players from méxico are interested to go al SF5, we play melee only, may be one plays brawl; may be we would like play mm =)
between more goods smashers going to the SF5, we are more intested to go, I have understand that may be going somemany good player like caveman,mango, alex...
my friend who is from Monterrey (City where the twins are...) are instested to play to caveman

greetings from mexico!
****....those guys are pretty technical... i'd liketo play them that wouldbe ****...or should i say mexican **** Lol jk im mexican too Haha

CY

Smash Ace

seriously?! Are all those really neccessary? Whats the point of banning a gay level if theres 8 others someone can camp on?
give this guy a medal for having an amazing DK and for saying this, seriously these stages are ****ing ********! what is the point of having luigi's mansion on here? first of all it just becomes a tech fest, or the other player just runs away until the timer runs out. green greens, i really don't have to explain you can just ask RT. corneria people just camp in the pit and kill you at ****ing really low %. JJ i don't really care much about it, but it can stay. :o distant planet is ****ing gay, but green hill zone/yoshi's island are even gayer. walk offs ftw? and we all know what TL can do on yoshi's, hylian got a taste of that in those doubles matches hehe. :d

please consider taking these stages off, no one wants to ****ing play luigi's except ***gots who CP and pick someone gay like olimar or MK. i really don't see the point in having these gay stages to **** someone over, it makes the game boring and extremly frustrating. i could understand if there was only one gay stage so we could ban it, but we have multiple ******** stages so it defeats the purpose.

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
You can destroy the house on Luigi's Mansion, thus reducing the tech fest and camping.

Distant Planet, while not exactly a GOOD stage, doesn't have anything exactly ban worthy.

Greens Greens is fine. The gayness factor is no different than what is was in Melee.

Corneria is meant for camping. There isn't a single reason why you WOULDN'T pick it for that.

Green Hill Zone is the only one I have up for debate.

Gayness does not constitute a stage ban. If that was the case then we would have banned Mute City and Jungle Japes in Melee (Although I think some people do ban Japes).

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Me hating Green Greens is just my own personal thing. I don't think it should be banned, I just hate it because the stage always tries to kill me. A TON of ******** stuff always happens to me when I play there. I have the absolute WORSE luck with that stage. Those vids in my sig? Those are from playing Green Greens three time in a row. I started cutting myself after this incident. HOW CAN ANYONE HAVE SUCH BAD LUCK LIKE THAT?

Seriously, play just one match with me on this stage and you will see why I hate the stage so very very much. :(

G@BE

Smash Lord
people really forget that counter picks are meant to screw you up....

Im not sure if people have quite figured that out yet >_>

So what if they can camp... just stop jumping into the ****. You do have a stage ban don't you? lol

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
I agree with king mosquito green greens seems like the only one that is ban worthy because of it having 2 walk off edges and it's even more campy that regular walk offs because of that bumper thing.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
You can destroy the house on Luigi's Mansion, thus reducing the tech fest and camping.

Distant Planet, while not exactly a GOOD stage, doesn't have anything exactly ban worthy.

Greens Greens is fine. The gayness factor is no different than what is was in Melee.

Corneria is meant for camping. There isn't a single reason why you WOULDN'T pick it for that.

Green Hill Zone is the only one I have up for debate.

Gayness does not constitute a stage ban. If that was the case then we would have banned Mute City and Jungle Japes in Melee (Although I think some people do ban Japes).
I don't pick corneria to camp lol. I pick Corneria to fill my bucket ^_^.

defsithe

Smash Ace

greetings from mexico!
i like how almost no one payed any attention to this, international tourney ftw. lol.

fsdfsdgsgdf

Smash Champion
I posted on Gfaqs and invited Mexico to this. One guy said he didn't know who could make it but he said there are some good brawl players there. So idk

i want the twins to come up for melee so i can see if they live up to there hype.

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
TO THE MEXICO SMASHERS:

Don't worry, I noticed your post. I've heard a lot of good things about the twins from Caveman and Rob$.

Right now I'm in need of a smasher in San Antonio who can speak/write Spanish pretty well.

Also Mexico, I recommend talking to Valley smashers to see about what you can do to make the trip from Mexico easier.

Valley, please do me a favor and see what you can do to help out the Mexico players.

While Xyro may have gotten M2k and Azen, I'd be very happen to add another country to the guest list.

Maybe you guys can get Dorf1233 or DynaDash? (I know she retired but it'd still be cool if she came).

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
It would be amazing if Dyna came. I'll ask her about it and she if she can possibly make it.

Magik0722

Smash Champion
Yeah i know reynosa sometimes comes to some RGV tournaments, but i asked if i could invite more people to majoras but he said not that many people fit in his car, so im not sure well be able to carpool with mexico for this, but if i see him on AIM ill tell him.

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
Any idea what the side events are going to be or when they are going to be?
At this point random or low tier. Crews are iffy right now because a crew tournament is very time consuming and the payout is very low, and split among 4 or 5 people. Exhibition battles are welcome, the venue has a very sexy 42 incher that doesn't lag to have those special matches on.

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
the top players in brawl should have to play the top players in melee and vice versa lol

Alex19

Smash Journeyman
someone get m2k and other great melee players to come that would be sweet

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
You can put me down as a possible attendee from San Antonio. I don't know if I'll be swamped with homework/study guides around that time, as it's RIGHT before semester exams (at least it is at my HS), but I don't see any other reason why I can't make it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom