• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FS5: Reunion, Brawl&Melee, San Antonio TX, Jan 10th/11th (DRIVING INFO IN 1st POST!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Shoot for top 10 :). That's always been my goal and so far I have never placed below 9th.
I don't know if that's just advice, or if you're personally putting that much faith into me getting that far. It's the DP I'm giving you on the 6th, isn't it?

I don't know. I'm already getting intimidated with Dojo, you, Santi, Infinity, and Melee1 walking around, not to mention DMK. And Sethlon too maybe?

And then Dojo is leik "lol bringing M2K".
Although I wouldn't mind friendlies with you guys.

Dojo/Santi: We need to get some friendlies in before/after the tournament. I've wanted to play Santi since I saw him **** at Gamelot 1, and I need the MK practice.

I'll give it a whirl though. Gamelot Monthly 1, I had no idea I made top ten until I lost to you, Hylian.

Also, I'm looking for a partner for teams. Anybody wanna team up with a Sonic?

fsdfsdgsgdf

Smash Champion
What about me espy? im sure ethan will want to do teams so ill let morningstar team with him since we teamed last time.

:)

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Should you post this in the tournament listings Kyle? Do you want me to?

K1T3

Smash Lord
Hylian post it in the tourney listings!

Someone find Isai and bring him along with KDJ.

Kyle how/when do you play Alex? (stop losing to Nike nub)

Nike play me again =)

Alex and other melee people, I want to go to this and enter melee so I need to start playing melee again and try to remember how so I want to start doing smashfests. I already have a few people interested that are pretty decent in melee but more people won't hurt! So if you're interested give me your number or send me a PM or something.

OK get over here I havn't played yall for awhile! Bring your melee peeps too!

Anyone know if LA might come? I havn't seem them for awhile and that would be pimp.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
If I go, I'm shooting just to get out of pools and then beating all MKs in my wake. With dair only.

YEAHUZ!

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Oh baby, if it becomes a pools tournament.

That'd be so awesome.

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
If it gets too big then it'll have to be a pools. More or less I won't make it out unless its by fate that I make it out >.<

defsithe

Smash Ace
from valley it will be me and mikey and some random people we pick on the street so they pay for gas.
we can pick up those hitchhikers by the prison in raymondville or those guys by the check point hiding in the tall grass :laugh:

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
I never really got what pools meant, what'zit?
Its only meant to be used if there's more than 64 players. Each pool is grouped with 1 to 2 very good players that are considered the best in the state. The rest is filled with scrubs (ie myself) and mediocre players that place well in tourney's. Each pool consist of 5 to 6 players. Then all the pools play a round robin and the top 2 to 3 players with the highest score moves out. I can't remember what happens if there is a tie somewhere but I honestly doubt that will happen.

That's generally how pools are ran.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Depending on how worth it is for OK to go there, I might be able to wrastle up some kids.

Depends more on y'all though I guess . . . <_<

Just make sure College Station shows up, and I'll want to go.

CY

Smash Ace
Depending on how worth it is for OK to go there, I might be able to wrastle up some kids.

Depends more on y'all though I guess . . . <_<

Just make sure College Station shows up, and I'll want to go.
College Station goes to every ****ing tournament lol. they are like the most active travelers along with Dallas and San Angelo.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
College Station goes to every ****ing tournament lol. they are like the most active travelers along with Dallas and San Angelo.
What about Austin >_>? DMK and I have been to more tournaments then either San Angelo or College station XD.

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
DMK doesn't count cause he is everywhere in TX. He even came to 4 of SA's tourneys.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Tink will probably be able to go if you make this two days.

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
Okay, I think once I hit a good 64 or so names I'll talk about making this two days.

However, Cliff got mad about the crazy high attendance at FS2, and didn't feel like the five dollar door fee covered him for the amount of people and mess left behind.

There's a chance that I may have to simply raise the venue fee to $10 dollars, or make it simple and $5 for each day (the second day would be teams for Brawl and Melee, as well as crews, single elim). This would be great for the people that don't plan on entering teams.

I will talk about it, and try to avoid raising the venue fee if at all possible.

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
I think 5 should be enough.....

10 seems a little high
Don't worry, if this issue comes up I will do my best to keep it low. I miss the days when there weren't venue fees (like Bluefork) but nothing is free ya know.

And I'm also going to fight for a small discount on the wristband for people that bring setups. Instead of 5 you pay $3 instead.

Nike.

Smash Hero
Ahhhh I hope tink does come. Him losing to ray was THE texas moment. I can still hear the cheers...

Cliff thought he got cheated on FS2? How, so? Like people walking in and not paying at all?

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
Ahhhh I hope tink does come. Him losing to ray was THE texas moment. I can still hear the cheers...

Cliff thought he got cheated on FS2? How, so? Like people walking in and not paying at all?
It was a matter of the two days and the amount time it took (singles didn't end until 2 am at FS2) and he complained about having to hire extra workers to keep things under control. Those sort of issues.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103

That was Dope not Tink lol. Though tink was there.

error13

Smash Journeyman
looks like i missed
when the other el pasoans
all said they were coming

add me to the
attendance list too

this tournament is
gonna need some

olimar lovin' =]

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
Updated list:

San Antonio:

King Mosquito
GreyFox
T-REX! (San Antonio)
Slim
Espy
Nike20
GeoBeros
ZSdK
Fyre
Alex19
Suspect
Kite
XLR8
KPD
skater kevin
Anthony Stith
Tony Formbly

Austin:

Hylian
Dr Mario Kart
PhantomX
Redshadow

San Angelo:

Dojo
Santi
Cake

Dallas (and surrounding areas)

Bwett
D4ba
Melee1
Alpha_Phoenix
Fogo
UTD_Zac
Dallas_Phat
Infinity
Waka
Honky
Angel
Foursaken
Darkness of Heart

Houston (and the surrounding areas):

Rocket trainer
thebadnewsbear
CY
Popertop
takeurlife
esca

The Valley:

majoras
Broly
some random people

El Paso:

furiousduffman
Arturito Burrito
Neocell
Error13

K1T3

Smash Lord
It was a matter of the two days and the amount time it took (singles didn't end until 2 am at FS2) and he complained about having to hire extra workers to keep things under control. Those sort of issues.
Johns

There was no need for him to do anything besides watch the store and try to stop littering or crimal activities. Extra workers isn't really needed for that. The smash community runs the tourney (pools/brackets/etc.) and brings setups and everything. Though it is nice he had a few setups already. Also he still keeps the place open so other people can go there and buy things anyhow. So all we're doing is renting out the space to put TVs and systems and the electricity cost which isn't THAT much. So over 100 people gives him over $500 which seems pretty good for only having to clean up a bit of trash from those who don't listen. It is up to him though if he want's to increase the price or not since it is his place.

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
Wow, I just counted that and it's 49 people. (50+ if the valley can identify the other random people)

This is gonna be huge and I honestly can't wait. :)

-RedShadow

Smash Ace
Umm is it okay if I make a suggestion?

Wouldn't it make more sense to have teams first, and then singles? And then you could start pools for singles during teams finals or something like that...

It sounds stupid coming from me I know, but I think that's what they did for FAST1, and that was pretty big. So if you're expecting a huge tourney, you could do that.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Fast1 was 4 days long.

Nike.

Smash Hero
Umm is it okay if I make a suggestion?

Wouldn't it make more sense to have teams first, and then singles? And then you could start pools for singles during teams finals or something like that...

It sounds stupid coming from me I know, but I think that's what they did for FAST1, and that was pretty big. So if you're expecting a huge tourney, you could do that.
Thats actually a really good idea. Cliff just needs to allow 2 days.

Edit: Hylian proves me wrong yet again lol

Btw, I want to MM your samus. I still have a grudge losing to you unfairly.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
When did you lose to me unfairly and how? And is this Melee or Brawl?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom