• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Frustrated.

Special E.D.

Smash Cadet
^^^^ because i really don't know who to main. and i keep going back and fourth and never really gaining anything or progress.

Ballistics

Smash Champion
Top Tier: Falco, Fox, Marth - You should pick one of these Eduardo, they are the most rewarding
Sexy Tier: Captain Falcon - Hes so tempting!
Easy Tier: Jiggz, Shiek - Good to start out with, but lame to stay with

The most important thing is to play who you enjoy and then dont play anyone else for a long time

JPOBS

Smash Hero
If you cant decide, do the right thing and go with falcon, people will love you for it.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
falcon is the funnest but really I prefer pichu/ice climbers. Crap how do you want to play? auto easy win, earned win, gay, campy,combo machine,fast,mindraper,defence,pressure,offence,grabs,edge,a mix,or what?

If you don't know pick up someone who needs A LOT of work on there metagame which would include ice climbers and everyone under mid tier. Really you could find someone

XIII ways to die

Smash Apprentice
ditto falcon is a good person to start with. ill list the ones ii started playing with wich were the easiest to learn for me for ya.

DR.mario or mario==well balanced
link or young link
pikachu and pichu==teaches better def for these two.
captain falcon== it only pays off to master this dudes speed.
marth
falco.

these are good characters that are easy to main.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
LOL at marth being easy to main.

Yo. Try out a bunch of characters. Ask Jason how he picked out his main. seriously.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
pichu isn't really easy man you have to have a strong mind and about everything pikachu has pichu has something harder. but why is marth on there but not sheik? marth is firly easy to master no but you know.

LLDL

Smash Hero
Don't even look at the tier list. Just pick your FAVORITE character, NOT someone who you will use solely for the win (that's why we have so many sheik players)

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
why pichu? he isn't the hardest/easy/cheap/campy or anything esle annoying and he it's the worse or anything. But yeah pick who you like if you like everyone play as everyone.

derfleurer

Smash Journeyman
Pick a character you enjoy. You've already missed the MLG years; it doesn't make sense to play for the money. There's only the fun-factor.

And if winning is more fun for you than playing, I don't see why you're frustrated. Just go for top tier.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Just play the character you have the most fun playing. If that character is ness, play ness. You will place *slightly* lower at tournaments but at the same time you will be known in your community as "that really awesome ness player".

Obviously, it could be any character, not just ness.

If you have fun playing fox, play fox. Don't be discouraged because "everyone" plays fox. Just play for fun and you will get better. You can switch your mains later in the game and whenever you feel like it. You'll get better regardless, as long as you are having FUN

cykofox

Smash Ace
Just play the character you have the most fun playing. If that character is ness, play ness. You will place *slightly* lower at tournaments but at the same time you will be known in your community as "that really awesome ness player".

Obviously, it could be any character, not just ness.

If you have fun playing fox, play fox. Don't be discouraged because "everyone" plays fox. Just play for fun and you will get better. You can switch your mains later in the game and whenever you feel like it. You'll get better regardless, as long as you are having FUN
this. ftw
cacahead

Nø Ca$h

Smash Champion
pick me!

the only chars that are worth using competitively: fox, marth, falco, sheik, jiggs, peach, falcon.

chars that can be used competitively, but requires dedication:ganon, doc, Icies, samus, mario,

but im not u.

Brightside6382

Smash Lord
Don't listen to anyone who try to make the claim that Marth, Shiek, or Jiggz are "easy" characters. Anyone who says this either doesn't know how to use them or gets beaten by them regularly.

The easiest characters to learn and get good with are Fox/Falco. In no way does this mean that you'll learn them quickly but their technical aspect is one of the bigger parts of their games and that's the easiest thing to learn.

Animal

Smash Lord
u dont need a main, go based on ur opponents chrachter, or just who u feel like playing at that moment. being more versatile makes u more dangerous

CrypTik

Smash Journeyman
u dont need a main, go based on ur opponents chrachter, or just who u feel like playing at that moment. being more versatile makes u more dangerous
I'm pretty sure being great with one character is alot better than being okay with everyone.

S l o X

Smash Champion
Don't listen to anyone who try to make the claim that Marth, Shiek, or Jiggz are "easy" characters. Anyone who says this either doesn't know how to use them or gets beaten by them regularly.

The easiest characters to learn and get good with are Fox/Falco. In no way does this mean that you'll learn them quickly but their technical aspect is one of the bigger parts of their games and that's the easiest thing to learn.
1) Hypocrite
2) Fox being easy? lol
-
Pretty sure everyone said what I would've said had they not.

Grunt

Smash Master
hes just learning. at this stage, learning one is better than learning a bunch, because it will take a lot longer to be any good.

Animal

Smash Lord
i started out as a peach main. i didnt play a secondary i fooled around with characters, now im a fox main, and i never play peach. although i went peach against dj nintendo's samus in brackets, fact is, most likely it will change, but never feel obligated to one character.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
We aren't trying to tell him that he's stuck with the character he chooses. But it's best to focus on one at a time an see if they are right for you. If you aren't feeling that character, you switch.

j3ly

Smash Champion
i believe if u start maining a low tier then switch to a high tier its best, learn to reaaally take advantage of those openings and work hard for ur kills. then u swich to fox

Hyesz

Smash Journeyman
Don't even look at the tier list. Just pick your FAVORITE character, NOT someone who you will use solely for the win (that's why we have so many sheik players)
I would probably sig quote this if my sig showed up in half the places I post. :laugh:
Edit; Wtf my sig showed up for once.

Ballistics

Smash Champion
Ed your missing the big picture here. The truth is that you can win with any character, as long as you wait out your opponent and dont rush in with attacks, so its more important to just play someone you can move around easily with and feel comfortable with.

but its not your characters that are lacking its your ability to play smart

KrazyIvan3003

Smash Rookie
Ed your missing the big picture here. The truth is that you can win with any character, as long as you wait out your opponent and dont rush in with attacks, so its more important to just play someone you can move around easily with and feel comfortable with.

but its not your characters that are lacking its your ability to play smart
yo idk how you guys will smash this into his head. I am starting to do what your saying now the whole "thinking" when playing instead of the whole " lol i attack, amg why do you keep shielding and grabbing me when i try to attack, wahh wahhh". you dont need to always attack, (im starting to apply that =_=) you just need to do stuff to "fake" an open and then when they go for it, pound them for trying to go for it. Ed probably has trouble with approaching the most. This is coming from the kid who plays him 24/7 he can understand combos and such, but the whole approach of getting to get that combo to start is what i think is hurting him.

TL;DR, im his noob brother, who plays lugi, who sucks at this game.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
You have to remember that Ed has no tech skill atm so fox would probably be the hardest to pick up right away just because he is so dependent on tech skill. Maybe its easy for YOU to play fox cause you might already be good.
No, fox/falco is the easiest to play competitively.

Do you have to learn how to space in unlimited situations? no, just shine.

Do you have to learn how to approach safely? no, just laser and nair. shine if you get into trouble.

ect.

theres a lot less things you have to learn and get experience for in order to play fox as opposed to say, marth, where if you start swinging that sword in the wrong situation you're F'ed

Brightside6382

Smash Lord
You have to remember that Ed has no tech skill atm so fox would probably be the hardest to pick up right away just because he is so dependent on tech skill. Maybe its easy for YOU to play fox cause you might already be good.
But that's the thing tech skill is the easiest thing to learn in this game because you can constantly practice it at home by yourself. All you need to do is pick a lvl 1 comp and go to town on it till you can do pretty much everything consistently.

Other characters rely more on the abstract aspect of the game (thinking or "mindgames" hate that word) which you can't develop by yourself. Even if you do have someone to play with constantly you won't develop it in depth until you play tons of people with different styles.

So whats easier to develop? Something that's tangible and can be understood or something that's abstract and completely mental.

1) Hypocrite
2) Fox being easy? lol
-
Pretty sure everyone said what I would've said had they not.
1) Give me a reason
2) Give me a reason? lol

Cosmo you better not be sarcastic. Or I might have to beat you next time we play.

Ballistics

Smash Champion
No, fox/falco is the easiest to play competitively.

Do you have to learn how to space in unlimited situations? no, just shine.

Do you have to learn how to approach safely? no, just laser and nair. shine if you get into trouble.

ect.

theres a lot less things you have to learn and get experience for in order to play fox as opposed to say, marth, where if you start swinging that sword in the wrong situation you're F'ed
I dont think you play fox or falco by the way you describe their metagame. The laser nair is not all a falco does at high levels of play and youll get punished if thats all you can do.

You need to play every character by baiting attacks and punishing mistakes not just rushdowns. Look at how m*ngos falco plays as opposed to japanese falcos.

Spacing is all this game consists of really, its not something you dont have to do if you play space animals.

Cosmo!

nerf zelda's dsmash
Cosmo you better not be sarcastic. Or I might have to beat you next time we play.
lol i was being sincere, look at midwest where you, me, and JBM are the only marth players against about a million foxes and falcos and we don't even place top3 at bigger events.

marth has the potential to win big but its just way harder than fox or falco will ever be, especially considering how he's the only top tier without an aerial kill move

Top Bottom