• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fro and Wobbles aka "Frobbles" is a great (maybe one of the best?) commentary pairs!

Construct

Smash Journeyman
Most of that viewship were just random people that saw the stream on the Twitch homepage. They see a stream for Melee and go, "Hey, I remember that game, I used to play that at my friend's house when we were in middle school!" and pop on in.

@Theftz: The thing is is that the people watching that were there to interact with Mango and hear about how his life got brawled, not hear a rigid analysis of two guys playing friendlies. The point being that this is not Mango doing a legitimate commentary, this is Mango talking with a stream. I provided examples of Mango doing commentary of more standard fare. The point that you seem to be missing is that the main attraction of the "Mango Talks" videos is Mango talking; the gameplay is the side event. There's a reason that there was bonus mango footage listed in the tournament announcement and not a 5$ MM between dantefx and P.

Refuting an opinion by asserting your own necessarily implies that your opinion is true while theirs is not, as opposed to a respectful disagreement. If I say that Mango is funny and you respond by saying that he isn't, you are telling me that my opinion is wrong and that yours is intrinsically true.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
People probably wouldn't upload vids of mango just talking if he was allowed *cough* post *cough*

*clears throat* man, I should go to the doctor.

Handorin

Smash Hero
The key to a good commentator is if they can capture the audience without the audience having to watch video. I had to drive somewhere a some point, so I just pulled the stream up on my iPhone and listened to it while I drived. I still felt like I was watching the game and was a part of it. I didn't have to look at it at all (except when I wanted to know stock counts. That's my only complaint). It's a lot better than a couple guys screaming the whole time.

:phone:

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
I feel like Wobbles + KK could be the new Husband + Wife.
No. Because no.

It's clear to me now that I prefer playing smash rather than commentating it. Particularly when I'm still in the tournament. So I think for future tournaments I'll stick to competing and leave the commentating to more charismatic individuals. Like Kage.

Bones0

Smash Legend
No. Because no.

It's clear to me now that I prefer playing smash rather than commentating it. Particularly when I'm still in the tournament. So I think for future tournaments I'll stick to competing and leave the commentating to more charismatic individuals. Like Kage.
I think you would be better suited for doing player interviews after the tournament is completely over. I think your personality would make it hilarious, but you also doesn't afraid to ask the brutal questions necessary to get the truth from players, and you also just have the insight into the game to understand what actually happened gameplay-wise (how they won/lost, etc.).

leffen

Smash Champion
Wobbles is good

Fro was average

Mango+PP for best commentary pair, they should totally do radio
some point during impulse:

PP: "In this matchup its really good for Falcoh to try to slow down the pace with laser..."
Mango: "Shutup Kevin, everyone already knows that, no one wants to hear you talk about that"
PP "Im just tryin to explain to the peopl-"
Mango "No Kevin"
PP : ...

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
I think KK is best when he's alone. He can disseminate more of his useful information without clashing with others/others clashing with him. But if he doesn't enjoy it that much, then he doesn't enjoy it.

I feel like PP tries to say a LOT, so having Mango in there as a balance is nice.

Hbox + Mango would be pretty hilarious to listen to.

DerfMidWest

Fresh ******
Slippi.gg
SOFA#941
Leffen... Your text color is like... Really painful. You might want to change it.

Anyway, PP+Mango is amazing.
I would love to hear Hbox+Mango at somepoint.
Actually, Hbox should just do commentary in general...

leffen

Smash Champion
"Leffen... Your text color is like... Really painful"

lmao thats the point

was intended as a short time joke

but i cba changing it LOL

Battlecow

Play to Win
you guys know you can turn off post colors in your preferences somewhere

terrible people will always post in turquoise or whatever, not even jokin

Top Bottom