• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Friends being fought for!" Ike General Discussion

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Thanks man, hope you're staying for a while, too.

jamlosingthegame

Smash Lord
NNID
jamlosingthegame
Was talking with some friends and we somehow ended up talking about you san, lol. Then I remembered the "Wait, Ike can do that?" combo video (I actually watched it a few minutes ago and got hyped up again, even though I don't like playing vBrawl competitively anymore) and Nys' flight on PS2. Can't wait to see what we can cook up this iteration of Smash, although because my A button got bodied, I probably won't try competitive Smash until the Wii U version is out.

In other news, sup guys.

Xuan Wu

Valor Ablaze
NNID
Xuanwu_2014
Was talking with some friends and we somehow ended up talking about you san, lol. Then I remembered the "Wait, Ike can do that?" combo video (I actually watched it a few minutes ago and got hyped up again, even though I don't like playing vBrawl competitively anymore) and Nys' flight on PS2. Can't wait to see what we can cook up this iteration of Smash, although because my A button got bodied, I probably won't try competitive Smash until the Wii U version is out.

In other news, sup guys.
Wow! The Ike veterans from the Brawl era are resurfacing! Only Nysyarc and a few others remain, I think. :)

Long time no see, Jam! I'm not sure if you remember me but it's me, Yamato. We participated and fought in the Ike bi-weeklies four years ago along with other Ike mains, including Kirk, San, and Bored.

I, too, am excited to see where this installment of Smash takes Ike.

^-^

Last edited:

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
I gotta pick Path of Radiance back up; when I stopped playing, I was still on a single digit chapter and Ike had hit level 20.

...My FE experience tells me maybe I shouldn't have used him so much, considering he'll be eating empty kills until he promotes.

Tangamanga

Scrublord
NNID
Tangamanga
3DS FC
1650-3266-1148
I gotta pick Path of Radiance back up; when I stopped playing, I was still on a single digit chapter and Ike had hit level 20.

...My FE experience tells me maybe I shouldn't have used him so much, considering he'll be eating empty kills until he promotes.
Just use him as a meatshield to level up your other characters until he promotes :p

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332

Reminds me of my firstever playthrough, I got him to level 20, before he even became leader of the Mercanaries. Mostly because I didn't know any better and everyone, but Ike, Oscar, Titania, Shinon, and Gatrie died hahaha. I never touched that file again due to the failure of it. :awesome:

Tangamanga

Scrublord
NNID
Tangamanga
3DS FC
1650-3266-1148
Reminds me of my firstever playthrough, I got him to level 20, before he even became leader of the Mercanaries. Mostly because I didn't know any better and everyone, but Ike, Oscar, Titania, Shinon, and Gatrie died hahaha. I never touched that file again due to the failure of it. :awesome:
eh, Ike's a total boss, you can beat the game with just him in your party, add Soren in for extra wreckage :p

jamlosingthegame

Smash Lord
NNID
jamlosingthegame
Wow! The Ike veterans from the Brawl era are resurfacing! Only Nysyarc and a few others remain, I think. :)

Long time no see, Jam! I'm not sure if you remember me but it's me, Yamato. We participated and fought in the Ike bi-weeklies four years ago along with other Ike mains, including Kirk, San, and Bored.

^-^
Yeah I remember those days. Did you stop running into smashes?

Senliten

Smash Lord
In the back room, sleeping with the waifu
NNID
Senliten

^-^
Dun forget Foodies, Red, Mr. Doom, Jam, Myself, Ussi... hmmmm who else.

Anyways, with all us now over here, we should revive the ol theme song listing. No really, with fresh blood coming into the mix it will be hilarious to see what we can come up with for those that stay and endure the friend fightan struggle.

Also iirc, i do believe i have an old vid of us two going at it... somewhere. if i haven't deleted it.

Last edited:

Xuan Wu

Valor Ablaze
NNID
Xuanwu_2014
Yeah I remember those days. Did you stop running into smashes?
I've definitely broken away from that habit, though it still happens occasionally. Much things have changed since, especially since I no longer start every sentence in my posts with "Me". ^-^

Dun forget Foodies, Red, Mr. Doom, Jam, Myself, Ussi... hmmmm who else.

Anyways, with all us now over here, we should revive the ol theme song listing. No really, with fresh blood coming into the mix it will be hilarious to see what we can come up with for those that stay and endure the friend fightan struggle.

Also iirc, i do believe i have an old vid of us two going at it... somewhere. if i haven't deleted it.
Yep. I remember all those names, now that you mentioned them. The other few I vaguely recall include Kimchi, Meneil, and Guilhe. Wow. Quite a community of Ikes there was back then. Let us all look forward to this upcoming winter and beyond. ^-^

Last edited:

Ultima777

Smash Apprentice
I think I'll try to make an Ike User and Videos thread like the Ganons have.

In the meantime,

http://www.twitch.tv/shofu/b/569637920

02:26:42 - 03:13:00 has some good Ike play.
Thanks for providing the link and time codes. Those were good matches. Are you gonna be fighting people here online when the game comes out internationally, because I would like to have matches with you if you don't mind.

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Yep. Long distance matches seem to be a lot better than Brawl. I would get fired up to play Brawl, even if it's online, then get painfully reminded why I stopped playing online.

Foodies

Smash Journeyman
Oh I was mentioned :v Hi.

Still planning on maining Marth with the other FE reps as secondaries. Might come by from time to time.

Ceadda

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Lethality
3DS FC
2878-9806-5002
Can't wait to finally play Ike. I think he could be a viable character in this game. I was really disappointed at how he played out in Brawl.

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
I have a feeling your quest will end with this game. Who will work on down smash? :troll:

Last edited:

-RedX-

Smash Lord
I can only hope the hitstun on Upthrow is better than Dthrow or something. Otherwise, RIP.
Down smash? What is this sorcery you speak of?

NineWholeGrains

Smash Rookie
This is like a dream come true for me, man. I used to watch videos of you guys rockin' it with Ike back when I was in Jr. High. Now that I'm finally moved to a town with a real Smash scene, I'm looking to dive back into to Ike-dom in Smash 4. (Been playing Melee the last couple of years with 'em) Here's hoping I can contribute to an already rich community!

Blubolouis

Smash Lord
If the online for this game really is better than brawl's, esp for long distances, I'd be glad to play some of you guys. I haven't had the occasion back in the days.

NT 3000

Style>Winning
NNID
NoiseTank3000
3DS FC
2578-3240-5015
I'm excited that everyone is coming back all us ike mains together again :,)

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
Rapidly changing the subject, I have returned to the Ike forum to gloat over my new Ike-ish look, and to join my Ike bros in the hype for the full game.

It's going to be mostly Ike and DK for me. Not sure who else I might use...

N.T.A.O ChangeOfHeart 死の剣

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
Thought so, I don't see the game-play dying, I still see more promise.

ZSS, Ike and so on game-play is developing and hopefully I change Link (whatever).

And If I wanted to play a fast game, it's either SF or Melee

I honestly hope people just play all the series I still play 64. Smash4 is too iffy. Alright thanks for answering my question. Have a nice day.

Last edited:

Xuan Wu

Valor Ablaze
NNID
Xuanwu_2014
Thought so, I don't see the game-play dying, I still see more promise.

ZSS, Ike and so on game-play is developing and hopefully I change Link (whatever).

And If I wanted to play a fast game, it's either SF or Melee

I honestly hope people get play all the series I still play 64. Smash4 is too iffy. Alright thanks for answering my question. Have a nice day.
It's nice to see there are still some dedicated SSBB players around. Your continued efforts to unlock any remaining potential in each respective character's metagame is admirable, especially for a game that may likely be eclipsed by its successor.

I still play SSBB from time to time, practicing against random CPUs.

^-^

N.T.A.O ChangeOfHeart 死の剣

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
It's nice to see there are still some dedicated SSBB players around. Your continued efforts to unlock any remaining potential in each respective character's metagame is admirable, especially for a game that may likely be eclipsed by its successor.

I still play SSBB from time to time, practicing against random CPUs.

^-^
There's still more to this game (no detail), man. Great! We should brawl again sometime man.

And I hope to change things to some characters like others have accomplished.

Actually, I have, my Link, I just need some precise footage, I'll PM you and ask you some questions later on.

Everyone else, enjoy your Smash4 chats.

Silver Forte

Smash Rookie
Yoo, first post here. Longtime lurker of these boards but decided to register with the upcoming release so near.

Ready to fight for my friends once again, looking forward to what we can come up with.

Top Bottom