• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Friends being fought for!" Ike General Discussion

TheDuckChris

Smash Cadet
I just hope everyone knows that the forum code shortcut for the :4myfriends: icon is
Code:
:4myfriends:
where everyone else is just 4(character name)

Hokori

Great King of Evil
I just hope everyone knows that the forum code shortcut for the :4myfriends: icon is
Code:
where everyone else is just 4(character name)
Pure gold. I did not know that.

EDIT - Just tried it for myself. So happy now :4myfriends: :4myfriends: :4myfriends: :joyful:

Last edited:

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
I mentioned that on the Fire Emblem character thread, a day or two after he was announced. :awesome:
Surprised I didn't spread that news here.

GOofyGV

Smash Lord
Ike made the biggest step forward disign wise. I didn't really care to much for him in brawl but I might actually main him in smash4.
EDIT: I hope the Ike-DK mu will play out the same as it did in brawl. That mu is way to awesome.

Last edited:

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
Dude's got some huge hands. Good luck arm wrestling that guy.

Last edited:

New_Dumal

Smash Lord
NNID
NewTouchdown
Since my main (Pit) was confirmed from the start, no veteran reveal hypes me like Ike.
Cause I like Ike.I like this guy so much that I spammed "We Like Ike" in every Nintendo post in the oficial facebook page like I was ********.

I was playing Brawl all night long and in the morning : Ike revealed.
Almost woke up everyone in the house.

Now i can play with him again, fighting my friends for my friends.
I still want the lighter-model as a alt-costume but I will play with him anyway.

Last edited:

Hong

The Strongest
I guess Aimee told the Villager Ike's greatest weakness!

With a bento of primarily meat, Ike has clearly met his match with this newcomer. Is this the end for our hero?

Last edited:

Second Power

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0774-5502-4430
I made a trip to a used game store today, and was browsing GC games when I spotted Fe: PoR. Now, most of the stuff in the store was priced pretty conservatively. Very few things over $40. I looked at the price tag for PoR, and saw that it was $80. I even asked the clerk to make sure. I walked out of that store, defeated. Once I got into the car with my mother and two younger brothers, I told them about the game and its cost. And they pushed me to buy it. I really wanted it, but 80 dollars... I could afford it, but I don't usually splurge. After some more coasting, I walked back in there, told the cashier I broke down, and bought the game. And I have no regrets.

See you guys in a few days!

Last edited:

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
I made a trip to a used game store today, and was browsing GC games when I spotted Fe: PoR. Now, most of the stuff in the store was priced pretty conservatively. Very few things over $40. I looked at the price tag for PoR, and saw that it was $80. I even asked the clerk to make sure. I walked out of that store, defeated. Once I got into the car with my mother and two younger brothers, I told them about the game and its cost. And they pushed me to buy it. I really wanted it, but 80 dollars... I could afford it, but I don't usually splurge. After some more coasting, I walked back in there, told the cashier I broke down, and bought the game. And I have no regrets.

See you guys in a few days!
I had no idea it costs that much, now. Traded in my copy a while ago, along with a bunch of other games, for my WiiU. That was, like, a year ago. I mean, I played PoR a bunch of times. It's not like I didn't enjoy it. I traded in the sequel, too. I guess I'm just that way. I don't hoard games or hold onto ones I'll never play, except for the Zelda ones, really. Those always age well.

Hong

The Strongest
As Mr. Sakurai said, the game is still in development. :) Looks like Eruption got a graphical fix.

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
A similar version was posted here before, but this one is filled out.

It almost feels wrong that Chrom isn't playable now.

Hong

The Strongest

Ike is looking pretty good. I'm so happy that they are capturing his personality right with his facial expressions alone.

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
We still have never seen Ike hit one single character.

I'm pretty sure we have the least amount of content to judge among all the confirmed characters :sadsheep:

At least Ike looks good. And blue fire! Blue fire is nice.

Last edited:

A_Phoenix_Down

Banned via Warnings
Yup! Sakurai Fsmashed us with no info. :(
Couldn't even see him in the live stream today /: I wonder if Ike's build isn't finished

PoR was definitely by far, one of the best FE's I've ever played, if not, THE best FE. I bet you loved it! Honestly, it makes you love Ike's character so much more as well. He's definitely got the best personality out of all the Lords. And come on, a Hero-based Lord (a non-Marth Lord)? Perfection

Last edited:

A_Phoenix_Down

Banned via Warnings
I use to do triple posts. Never do that.

Sakurai should have left that fight when Lucina and Robin were gonna fight Ike and Marth.
That would have been awesome. :( Sakurai why?.... why?!?!?
Yes! That would have been a perfect time to show us Ike gameplay! There's gotta be a reason behind that... Either he's the same exact build from Brawl (which I'm praying he's not) or he's got an entirely new build and wants to keep it a surprise... hopefully!!

link and ike lover

Smash Lord
NNID
Thegodlink
Yes! That would have been a perfect time to show us Ike gameplay! There's gotta be a reason behind that... Either he's the same exact build from Brawl (which I'm praying he's not) or he's got an entirely new build and wants to keep it a surprise... hopefully!!
Yes! Who knows and Sakurai will have more to come

A_Phoenix_Down

Banned via Warnings
Yes! Who knows and Sakurai will have more to come
Maybe... I've always switched around between Marth and Ike in Brawl. Ike definitely needs a huge improvement, especially with what I saw from Bowser in that Tournament a few hours ago. Marth's continuing to look even more terrible every time I see him in this game so maybe I'll completely main Ike this time! :D

Let's just hope we get some news for Ike soon... something that shows improvement too!

Last edited:
Top Bottom