• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Friends being fought for!" Ike General Discussion

Hokori

Great King of Evil
I'm not worried. Except for maybe Mario, who looks almost exactly the same as Brawl, all the veterans seem to have changes for the better. Heck, they even gave Diddly Kong, of all characters, extended reach on some of his attacks.
It's true that they're going out of their way to make certain changes, even on characters that really didn't need the kind of enhancement that they received (Diddy Kong). However, that doesn't necessarily mean they'll be addressing the changes that we personally see fit, but that's to be expected. But like you said, for the most part, these changes are generally for the character's benefit, so I think it's safe to assume that Ike will have some needed improvements and won't have to solely rely on things like his jab as we've mentioned earlier.

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
It's true that they're going out of their way to make certain changes, even on characters that really didn't need the kind of enhancement that they received (Diddy Kong). However, that doesn't necessarily mean they'll be addressing the changes that we personally see fit, but that's to be expected. But like you said, for the most part, these changes are generally for the character's benefit, so I think it's safe to assume that Ike will have some needed improvements and won't have to solely rely on things like his jab as we've mentioned earlier.
Ike's jab is like, top tier, as far as jabs go. I hope it stays like that.

Hokori

Great King of Evil
Indeed. My point was just to have more options available for us to use. Ike's jab could and should still be a nice asset in our game while receiving other buffs (aside from getting buff :troll:) as well :)

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Yeah, Ike's jabs are awesome. It's like Ike thinks "**** it, I don't even my sword for this. (Well maybe for the third hit) "

Hokori

Great King of Evil
Yeah, like other moves that aren't completely telegraphed. I'm just keeping my fingers crossed for QD buffs though.
QD buffs and the projectile attack mentioned are my biggest personal wants. Those, and just for Ike to be a little quicker overall.

As for the comment about the projectile coming from his F-Smash, I don't agree with that because it's already a slow attack and would that would take away from its effectiveness. I'm guessing that was just a misunderstanding of a post though...

On a side note, @ Thane of Blue Flames Thane of Blue Flames , I just noticed that we represent the exact same characters in our profiles (CF, Marth & Ike) I've seen some have Marth and Ike but to see someone with the same mains since 64 is interesting.

Last edited:

Xuan Wu

Valor Ablaze
NNID
Xuanwu_2014
Although Down Smash returns (evidenced by one of his screenshots), maybe there is still hope that its attack properties have changed, particularly knockback trajectory? Inferior to his Up Smash in just about every aspect, as seen in SSBB, it would be nice if the attack is given horizontal knockback, instead of vertical. With this, maybe there would be more reason to use it, especially in a competitive environment.

Another feature in Ike's moveset I would like to see returning is the auto-cancelling property in N-air, if N-air makes it back, that is.

^-^

Last edited:

link and ike lover

Smash Lord
NNID
Thegodlink
Same here! Best jab it was the one of the best Jab in brawl! I really liked Ikes play styke in brawl hopefully everything will be the same but one thing that should change is his special not his side special i rarely use it. I really hope all his aerial attacks stay the same they were very fun to use in Brawl! I was ranked 3rd best Ike in AllisBrawl. That was just a random fact. And 1st Link main in AiB

Morian

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0860-4377-2975
My FS projectile is only a joke people, tsk. But I always imagine the animation like his FS, only more quick, you know for that "hit the ground to produce the Ragnell /Alondite projectile" thing (I'm not too sure, I skip the battle animations to play fast).

Hokori

Great King of Evil
My FS projectile is only a joke people, tsk. But I always imagine the animation like his FS, only more quick, you know for that "hit the ground to produce the Ragnell /Alondite projectile" thing (I'm not too sure, I skip the battle animations to play fast).
Well, nice to know that you were joking :) I do agree with you regarding the animation though.

So basically, with Aether confirmed and QD and Counter practically given, we ditch our current neutral special Eruption and replace it with the ranged Ragnell attack with the animation similar to how it was shown in the images.

This image is how Alondite as a ranged attack looked via Smash hack.

Although bright and kind of blurry, here's the Ragnell ranged attack in FE9.

Last edited:

PyroTakun

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ta-kun
I'd have to say one of my favorite Ike moments is when I paused Brawl while I was grabbing Zelda. He grabs female characters by their hand, and male characters by their throat, like a true gentleman.

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
My favorite Ike moment = spiking two of my friends simultaneously in the gap in Yoshi's Island from offscreen in the magnifying glass. They knocked me up, came up after me. Dropped a dair on both of them. The blocks in the middle were open and spinning. The rest is history.

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
My favorite Ike moment = spiking two of my friends simultaneously in the gap in Yoshi's Island from offscreen in the magnifying glass. They knocked me up, came up after me. Dropped a dair on both of them. The blocks in the middle were open and spinning. The rest is history.
I would pay you $2 to see this on footage. That just sounds so beautiful.

SpindaMaster

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3136-6569-2540
I remember one time, I played as Ike and I didn't lose as badly. Favorite smash memory ever.
They knocked you up? Kinky.

Last edited:

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
I remember one time, I played as Ike and I didn't lose as badly. Favorite smash memory ever.

They knocked you up? Kinky.
Yes. Ike was immasculated. By Marth. And Lucas. Ouch. His poor manhood. Maybe that's why he hit the gym for Smash 4 (along with the whole fighting for his friends to get ripped thing).

Backgammon

Click clack.
NNID
BluePapaya
My favourite Ike moment in Brawl was just last weekend, actually.
Headed to the London Comic Con to play some Smash at the gaming booths and there were some Italian players playing comp money matches.
I came in as Wario and lost to their Ice Climbers. Afterwards, they both switched to Meta Knight and offered double or nothing. So, I switched to Ike. Amidst laughs.
Joke was on them. The hype was real. Beat both of them, won myself £50, which I used to treat myself to a new GC controller.
The crowd that was gathering around went goddamn mental after the second win.

As for in the FE games, my favourite moment is probably when you first recruit Nephenee.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
I recalling having an online match in Brawl where I had a rough start to a match but I managed to win the fight in the last half of the fight when I somehow manage to catch all three of my opponent in a Great Aether and KOing all three of them within the last 15-20 seconds of the match. I know it's not the most impressive story but I didn't get as much opporunity to play against human players outside of Brawls minimal online mode during Brawl main span.

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
I recalling having an online match in Brawl where I had a rough start to a match but I managed to win the fight in the last half of the fight when I somehow manage to catch all three of my opponent in a Great Aether and KOing all three of them within the last 15-20 seconds of the match. I know it's not the most impressive story but I didn't get as much opporunity to play against human players outside of Brawls minimal online mode during Brawl main span.
Probably more than me. After I beat Subspace Emissary, I remember trying out the regular mode of Brawl and being kinda shocked that the characters didn't even feel the same! Their moves were mostly the same, but the physics were all jacked up. I bet I only played Brawl for a month at most after that. I was pretty disappointed.

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
Probably more than me. After I beat Subspace Emissary, I remember trying out the regular mode of Brawl and being kinda shocked that the characters didn't even feel the same! Their moves were mostly the same, but the physics were all jacked up. I bet I only played Brawl for a month at most after that. I was pretty disappointed.
The game definitely felt different, but I liked it more. Matter of taste I suppose. I ignored SSE and jumped straight into the Brawls, and didn't stop for months.

Commander

Smash Ace
My favorite Ike moment in Brawl is when I booted up P:M and made him viable.

Last edited:

Hong

The Strongest
I am not even mad when Ike gag images are reposted, because they haven't lost their amusement factor.

I would share a shake with Ike.

N.T.A.O ChangeOfHeart 死の剣

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
Can someone brawl me? 0903 5382 1196.

Nobody brawls me in the Smash Arena, and people on Chatzy all playing MK8 game got boring after I unlocked everything.

So, anyone want to brawl? Dittos whatever, just brawl me! Bored! Thanks for your time.

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129

Nobody brawls me in the Smash Arena, and people on Chatzy all playing MK8 game got boring after I unlocked everything.

So, anyone want to brawl? Dittos whatever, just brawl me! Bored! Thanks for your time.
Nintendo Wii/DS Wi-Fi is no longer functioning, so it's impossible.

Xuan Wu

Valor Ablaze
NNID
Xuanwu_2014

I wish... Not to worry, though. There's always the next Smash to look forward to. Will be seeing you then, hopefully. ^-^

BBG|Scott-Spain

Smash Journeyman
I've had quite a few good Ike moments. I did an upward DACIT into an upsmash, causing Link to hit the bomb I threw. I've also pulled off a 0-death doubles combo with a Sonic player against an IC player. None of these moments were recorded. I won't make that mistake ever again. lol Overall, though, I'd say my favorite moment is when I finally figured out the Marth matchup and beat one of the more decent players at my school.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
After some time of thinking, I actually remembered some epic moments of mine.

In a friendly, Ike vs Ganon on brawl's yoshi's island. We're both last stock and I'm knocked off stage. I use aether and he dair spikes me out of it. I then wall tech jump to footstool him and he dies cause of it.

It happened all in a manner of 2 seconds that it left the few spectators flabbergasted.

Another thing was making making captions for three wifi dittos that happened over the course of the ike biweeklies that happened in the brawl ike subforum

*mobile links cause posting off phone*
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=37NEKiOq3Eg
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=OYXW1Zi9V-4
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DNzvrL4CsZI

Last edited:

N.T.A.O ChangeOfHeart 死の剣

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
Last edited:

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029

Disclaimer: This treatment may cause perceived sword shrinkage.
I tried to click the link and nothing happened. Maybe I don't have any friends to fight for...:(

My favorite Ike moment is when I F-Smashed two of my friend off of Battlefield and they both tried to recover, but I Meteor Smashed them both with my D-Tilt. My friend both fliped out for 10 minutes.

Top Bottom