• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Free Online Link Classes: Tactics, skills, techniques, and strategies

Deva

Smash Lord
I've been playing quite a few Link users online, and I see a lot of potential, but it seems they're lacking in essential tactics and skills that are easy enough to pick up but they just don't know how to do them or the situations where they would be useful. Therefor, I've decided to make an online class for Link users. Basically, I'll be giving in game lessons via the taunt messaging on how to perform certain Link tactics and techniques while showing you the proper technique and situations to use them in. Then you can play me to test it out and practice. There isn't a whole lot to learn, but more to practice and learn the proper situations to use techniques in, which will be what the classes will be covering for the most part. Maybe if I get enough members I'll starrt charging through paypal or something, lol. Prolly not, but be one of the first just in case by signing up here with a post and I'll add you as a student. Then, let me know a week in advance what days and times you're available and I'll try to set up a schedule when we can meet online for training. Finally, if you are already a well known Link player, feel that you are a very skilled Link, or are a student who has progressed significantly through the courses, You can sign up to be added as a teacher. Just make a post here requesting to be a teacher and then set up a time that we can play. I'll just watch to see how much you know and play you to see how well you know the situations where to use the techniques. if you seem to have a firm grasp, I'll add you as a teacher and you can also gain access to a handfull of the players that will then become your students so that I don't have to teach everyone, lol.

Really, these classes are to improve Link players as a community. I'm tired of Seeing Link as low tier, and part of the reason is that players don't give him enough of a chance. Now with toon Link with a shot at top tier, the number of Link users will decrease even more. Link's a bit tricky to pick up in this game. I just want to make sure that enough of us know what he's actually capable of and if enough of us win or do well at tournaments, he mght just have a shot at high tier. I just want to do what I can to help.

Also, you should all check out this site for messaging purposes and overall use for message boards cuz it's Waaaaaay better than smash boards.

http://www.allisbrawl.com/

Teachers:
Deva

Skler

Advisors:

ImpactAR

Students:

Ganny
lorddave551
Aleol
FEar.7
Tagan
Seventh Sword
The Chic Sheik
Aurashade
Smashbrudda
Blubba_Pinecone
Lucrece
shadow26776
Renufus
itachi24
Hoboparty
Thechene
Forlin
mventre
Supercakes
Kuro
Staindgrey
Sinbad
lime_backwards
RunningDrummer
F.E.A.R
Croppingknight
WelikeIke
angry_bananas
cloudmd23
PeachRebler
mventre
Rookiebrawler
Grining_Ghoul
link goron

Schedule

Alright, Here's my schedule to make things easier, note all based on Pacific time:

Mon- Free after 2pm till 5. Then after 9:30 till really freakin late at night

Tues- Free after 2pm till really freaking late at night

Wed- Free after 2pm till 5. Then from 9:30 till really freakin late at night

Thurs- Free after 2pm till really freakin late at night

Fri- Free after 2pm till 5. Then from 10:30 till really freakin late at night

Sat- Free from Early morning till 5. Then From 10:30 till really freakin late at night

Sun- Free from early morning till 5. Then from 10:30 till really freakin late at night.

I obviously won't be on at every moment available, but these are the best times to check the chat room on allisbrawl for me. It's the web site I posted on the first page and I highley reccomend you guys check it out.

Come Join!!

lorddave551

Smash Apprentice
wow man you could charge an arm and leg for this... Sign me up i guess don't know how often i'll be on tho

lorddave551

Smash Apprentice
Actually now that i think about it i have a gamebridge so i could record our lessons and post em on youtube. That would save you a lot of time.

The Chic Sheik

Smash Rookie
Hello Link board!

After a long series of main-changing, I realized that Link is for me. I would love a lesson.

This is the first game I've ever played Link (more than a couple of times), in 64 I played Kirby (wouldn't say mained, I was like 10) and Melee I moved from Fox to Yoshi to Luigi. I really enjoy playing Link though.

Zoro

Smash Champion
Please explain exactly how you will be teaching with taunt messages

I dont understand

Deva

Smash Lord
Please explain exactly how you will be teaching with taunt messages

I dont understand
I've already given a few classes, and it seems to work. Basically I'll just play you for a few stock first to see how much you know. Not really to beat you, but to see what tactics you know so far. Then I use messages I have set up to show you certain moves or tactics and the button combinations to per form them. I'll be doing the moves step by step with you so you can get them down. Then We'll play eachother more so you can find situations where you can use the tactics. I'll also use other characters so you can have practice with the strategies against more than just Link. After the first lesson it will mostly just become training sessions to find the situations where the new tactics can be used. There's not a whole lot to teach, just practice.

I would also appreciate it if you guys gave me a week in advance specific times you think you'll be available. Then I'll see what times I have open and I'll let you know.

Deva

Smash Lord
Deva, you haven't been active on the TH forums lately.

You do know we're having our first clan tournament right?
yeah, I hate online tournaments , seriously. You can't play competetively online with so much random lag. I'd also rather not lose to some random noob online due to lag and them take it seriously and be like "Dude, I beat Deva. I'm like one of the best Link's eva. " Online is meant for fun. When people try to make tournaments out of it it just fails. Plus a ton of Link dittos gets boring really quick. Anyways, I might still do it. When is it?

@Skler. Thanks, I'll add you as a teacher. And yeah, paypal is awesome, so if I ever start charging I'll make sure you get like half of it, lol. Now you guys can chose who you want lessons from or who seems to work out better for you based on time or location since Skler is as far as you can go East and I'm pretty much as far as you can go west. ;p

Zoro

Smash Champion
Hmm i guess I should learn how to play link effectively

I choose skler!
since hes on the east coast

haha zoro is sklers first student but
with great power comes great responsibility
remember that pete..remember that

BrimeZ

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheBrimeZ
3DS FC
5284-1495-9667
I guess I'll would like to join too. I already have a variety of Link player in my friend roster, but what the heck, it should be fun.

Hopefully I'm good enough to be a teacher. I did fairly well with my Link in Melee with a bunch ofther players. And I usually do very well with him in Brawl. A good number of people did consider my Link to be amazing in Melee and still do conisider my Link to my Link to be amazing in Brawl, eventhough the game as only been out for a month. Couln't really get around to any real tourneys yet for Brawl though, mainly just smashfest.

I do hope to be the best Link player one day, and the best smasher period, but I can easily settle for being the best Link in my State. And on top that, I played Skler and Azen, who both have some unbelievable amazing Links. I don't know how I lost to Azen in our Link ditto, I was winning, and then I lost, and I don't know. Got a little cocky I guess but, it could be just because he's Azen

Well anyway, I look forward to enrolling into this school. I still have alot to learn about Link

EDIT:

And I also have some vids, but there almost a month old, and there team matches, so they're not really impressive

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ArpHwwwu0Y0&feature=user

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6pwFAyp8cLk&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pu5gmpxVxmY&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KfLs-1nIOmQ&feature=related

Lucrece

Smash Apprentice
I'm still deciding between Link and Samus (why oh why do I need to be attracted to the seemingly worst characters =*( ; Link, Samus, Zelda, and Sheik just look too cool).

I think I'd like to give Link a shot because I find him to be absolutely terrible ( ridiculously slow movement, and SHORT jumps), but I'd like someone to show me the light-- if possible-- because I just think Link's dead drop sexy =).

However, I don't know if you'd like to teach me considering I'm experimenting on both Link and Samus.

shadow26776

Smash Rookie
i would really be interested in some classes. i want to improve my link and see how i compare with other links. sign me up pleeeese!

Blubba_Pinecone

Smash Ace
Hey, this sounds like a great idea.

Well, I'm up to train pretty much any time, as long as I'm not in school. =P So if next week is as soon as it goes, I guess I'll just have to wait.

I've played with Skler before, and he wins most rounds but I have pulled off a couple of victories.

So yeah, I'm willing to train, and possibly even be a teacher if you'd approve of it.

If it get's hard to communicate with me, feel free to use my email or MSN if you have it. It's brettster_610@hotmail.com

(I posted over at Brawl is All as well, but I guess this second post is just for safe keepings so to speak.)

Renufus

Smash Apprentice
Definitely interested. Been playing Link since SSB64 but still struggle with him today. Are you opposed to using MSN, Ventrilo, or other chatting services? If not, PM me.

Available almost any time, even days, as I'm taking online classes.

itachi24

Smash Rookie
Dear Deva,
Since smash bros melee i have always played with Link,I would love to sing up for your classes please contact me since I`m new in this forum and i dont know how to contact you ,as I said before sing me for your classes and please rather my skills
I apologize for my bad English.

With a lot of respect,Itachi 24

Deva

Smash Lord
sure, just look me up in the chat room of Allisbrawl, it's waaaay better than smash boards. I put the link on the first page.

Hoboparty

Smash Apprentice
haha for the 2 characters you have to name on all is brawl to register i got 2 Links. this is a good sign...

MrPhox

Tamed Beast
NNID
Mr.Phox
3DS FC
0318-7803-7610
I would definitely like to join.

Do you fight us first to see where we stand and need to progress?

Another question, do the students get to fight eachother?
I think fighting other people who are trying to put together these ideas and techniques would be helpful too.

D

Deleted member

deva you should record these classes and upload them to youtube so other people can watch

you could make the first Linkology type video for brawl :)

Forlin

Smash Cadet
Great idea. I'd love to improve.

I'm on the east coast but since you guys are doing us a favor, I'm open to whomever teaching, anytime 24/7. So uh pm me with times you'd be available. Thanks.

Deva

Smash Lord
I would definitely like to join.

Do you fight us first to see where we stand and need to progress?
Not really, it's difficult to tell how good someone is online due to lag and what not. In my case for example, I can't perform about half the tactics I would normally use and go even with or even lose to people I can 3 stock in Tournament. It's more to see what tactics you already know and after messing around for a bit, I'll teach you whatever you don't know.

Another question, do the students get to fight eachother?
I think fighting other people who are trying to put together these ideas and techniques would be helpful too.
Yeah, sure, feel free to look up anyone else on the list and practice with them. and heck, if you found a really cool trick or something feel free to let the teacher know with the taunt messaging during the class. I mean, even we don't know everything.

ArkiveZero said:
deva you should record these classes and upload them to youtube so other people can watch

you could make the first Linkology type video for brawl
Yeah, I might do something like that. Thanks for the idea:).

mventre

Smash Apprentice
I would like to sign up as a student. I'm on the eastcoast, pretty much any weekday after 5pm I'm around. So how do I get in touch with one of the teachers to set up a session?

Skler

Smash Master
Here's the deal for anybody who wants me to teach them.

Send me a PM (preferably with a date and time in EST) and I'll tell you if I'm free then. If you feel like it tell me what you need to learn specifically (spacing, specific character matchups, approach, edgeguarding, defense, etc...) and I'll focus on that for the lesson.

ImpactAR

Smash Ace
This is a good idea. I'm not so much interested in this "teacher / student" thing, though. My internet sucks for it.

I would instead rather talk about Link strats with other Link players. It would be better to discuss for known good Link players to exchange ideas and tactics in order to extend Link's goodness. My Link seems to be reaching it's limits when it comes to options.

I don't mind giving out advice, though. If anything maybe you can list me down as an "advisor."

Deve and Skler if you would like to discuss Link my AIM is in my profile. That goes for any other Link players who wants to dicuss or ask for advice. I play all the LoZ characters, BTW if you play the others too.

Deva

Smash Lord
This is a good idea. I'm not so much interested in this "teacher / student" thing, though. My internet sucks for it.

I would instead rather talk about Link strats with other Link players. It would be better to discuss for known good Link players to exchange ideas and tactics in order to extend Link's goodness. My Link seems to be reaching it's limits when it comes to options.

I don't mind giving out advice, though. If anything maybe you can list me down as an "advisor."

Deve and Skler if you would like to discuss Link my AIM is in my profile. That goes for any other Link players who wants to dicuss or ask for advice. I play all the LoZ characters, BTW if you play the others too.
Yeah, feel free to use this as a board for after class discussions and what not. Also, it's not Link really, it's the game. Brawl really doesn't have that much depth. After reading you're guide on allisbrawl it seems like you already know pretty much everything there is to know about Link's techniques. All there is now is perfecting situations to use them in which change with the character matchup. other than that though, it won't really feel like you're getting better, because when you do, it won't be that noticable in a match. Even then, I like you're idea to be an advisor. That way you can explain certain tactics here since you seem to do a good jopb of that.

Alright, Here's my schedule to make things easier, note all based on Pacific time:

Mon- Free after 2pm till 5. Then after 9:30 till really freakin late at night

Tues- Free after 2pm till really freaking late at night

Wed- Free after 2pm till 5. Then from 9:30 till really freakin late at night

Thurs- Free after 2pm till really freakin late at night

Fri- Free after 2pm till 5. Then from 10:30 till really freakin late at night

Sat- Free from Early morning till 5. Then From 10:30 till really freakin late at night

Sun- Free from early morning till 5. Then from 10:30 till really freakin late at night.

I obviously won't be on at every moment available, but these are the best times to check the chat room on allisbrawl for me. It's the web site I posted on the first page and I highley reccomend you guys check it out.

Top Bottom