• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Free Online Link Classes: Tactics, skills, techniques, and strategies

Deva

Smash Lord
I updated the list to include the students from Smashboards and Allisbrawl so you guys have access to more students for practice

link_goron

Smash Cadet
Is it too late for me to enlist for the sessions? I am still new to this site so i'm not sure.

Deva

Smash Lord
lmao, who says you guys are good enough to teach
Well, why not try a little reasearch? Look up Tournament listings for Skler and I, Vids, Rankings. Heck, why would anyone join if we weren't good enough, lol. Pretty sure over 30 players have already joined within the past week.

theGreatDekuTree

Smash Journeyman
Well, why not try a little reasearch? Look up Tournament listings for Skler and I, Vids, Rankings. Heck, why would anyone join if we weren't good enough, lol. Pretty sure over 30 players have already joined within the past week.
you have no brawl combo vids.
melee is not brawl.
you are a scarecrow to me, i have no idea of how good you are,
even though you say youre good.
you know what they say..................................talk aint ****!

Deva

Smash Lord
Combo vids in either game show nothing more than tech skill, not how good you are. The fact that you base how good a player is off that already shows that you have little or no understanding of competetive play. Also, There really aren't any Brawl COMBO vids since combos are so scarce in Brawl. If anything they're consecutive hits vids lol.

melee is not brawl.
Yeah, but it was also a more competetive fighting game and in general, players who were good at Melee tended to be better at Brawl. The mindset and tactics you picked up from melee transfer to Brawl if nothing else so if you were bad at melee you don't just magically become good at Brawl lol.

Lol, I'm not even saying I'm good. Look up tournament results for Brawl. That'll tell you how good I am. Then again this is coming from the ignorant nub who believes combo vids show skill. >_>. FYI, no one's heard of you. No one cares about your opinion. Go to some tournaments, get good, then come back and tell us were not good enough to teach lol.

@Link Goron, just ask to join and I'll add you.

FEaR.7

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FEaR.7
Alright Deva, add me. Im available almost all weekdays from 8pm (your time) till really freaking late at night XD

FC is under my avatar.

Thanks again.

Aurashade

Smash Ace
THE HALL OF FAME WHERE THE COOL PEOPLE GO
melee is not brawl.
vicious, also, I have no idea what the point of the "........................" was, and I think I just started to get stupider after reading that post-no joke. So you might want to shut up if you know what's good for you if you don't want someone of my adept caliber to devour you.

Forlin

Smash Cadet
2 questions. How bad is coast to coast lag? And can I get penciled for the next really freaking late at night slot?

lime_backwards

Smash Lord
I am not sure if I mentioned this on Allis, but I have finals for the next two weeks. I won't have any free time
until late next week.

Deva

Smash Lord
aight, that's fine. Just check later at night in general. On tuesdays, Thursdays, Sat, and Sundays, I'm sometimes on earlier.

theGreatDekuTree

Smash Journeyman
Combo vids in either game show nothing more than tech skill, not how good you are. The fact that you base how good a player is off that already shows that you have little or no understanding of competetive play. Also, There really aren't any Brawl COMBO vids since combos are so scarce in Brawl. If anything they're consecutive hits vids lol.
combo vids, or videos of you playing, obviously will show how you control your character.
combo vids dont always show skill, but youre just doing alot of talking when you have no evidence.
a little too cocky, and dont tell me to go to tourneys when i do, **** smash celebrities, i dont need attention like you.

(melee is completely different from brawl, and alot of melee "pros" suck now.)

just look at gimpyfish, he cant play as good as he used to so now hes antibrawl.

D

Deleted member

wow kid shut up you obviously don't have any idea of who you are talking to, theyd 3 stock ur **** if u played them at a tourney

Aurashade

Smash Ace
combo vids, or videos of you playing, obviously will show how you control your character.
combo vids dont always show skill, but youre just doing alot of talking when you have no evidence.
a little too cocky, and dont tell me to go to tourneys when i do, **** smash celebrities, i dont need attention like you.

just look at gimpyfish, he cant play as good as he used to so now hes antibrawl.
If you don't care so much why don't you go just post this in the staff board, they'll love it. I'll ban you otherwise.

Deva

Smash Lord

You said combo vids, not vids of you playing in general, lol. And how you control your character has little to do with how good you are.

As far as evidence, you don't go to players asking for it. You look it up yourself. Seriously, it wouldn't be hard to find.

The reason I'm telling you to go to tourneys is that you don't attend any with good players or else I would have prolly heard of you from them by now, and I don't know where your getting this attention crap from lol. Unless, that is, you're referring to yourself.

Yeah, Melee is completely different than Brawl, and some melee players do suck. But in general, you could have played a game like Street fighter or Soul Calibur competetively and it would have had the same effect. It's your mind set as a competetive player. How you react to certain situations, holding your cool, and being clutch when you're behind. That's why good melee players IN GENERAL are better at brawl than the general masses.

In all honesty if you don't like well known players, you'll never get good. As soon as you start placing well at tourneys, people will know who you are, there's nothing you can do about it. But first, you have to go to good tournaments with good players. Check around Smashboards. There's prolly at least one in your area. It's the first step if you want to get good.

lime_backwards

Smash Lord
Due to a recent injury to my left hand, I will not be able to participate for at least two weeks. *sugh* I really wanted to improve my Link skills.

Deva

Smash Lord
K, I updated the first page so we can get classes started. Just let me know a specific day and time you're available that matches the times I listed on the first page and then we can look for eachother in the chat room of the web site I posted.

mventre

Smash Apprentice
any other students (this is more towards eastcoast people for less lag purposes) want to have some link dittos? I've trained with Skler afew times and played with Legan a bunch of times so I know what I have to work on I just need to constantly play people to get better. I'm on daily usually around 5-530pm - whenever. PM me and i'll add you

Aurashade

Smash Ace
ahaha, <3 deva. I would feel like a massive **** right now if I didn't contribute so much to the Link boards along you and Skler.

*whew* that was odd. Haven't made a post like that in a while. Anyway, I am busy normally (classes end for me in a couple of weeks, then I can crack down on helping people) but I'll see what I can do. By the way, if any of you ARE in fact seeking help from me, to my knowledge I use different tactics from deva and skler, but it works and I'll have a guide coming soon with all my stuff in it.

Garde

Smash Ace
I'm up for learning Brawl Link. He may not be my main anymore, but he's still pretty much my best character (and I've actually been considering switching back to him, Zamus is losing her appeal). I'll put up my Brawl FC tonight or tomorrow, depending on when I get home.

I'm also on AiB, so I'll see if I can get in touch with any of you via chat over the weekend if you're available and online.

Deva

Smash Lord
Oh sup Garde, glad to see you're still playing.

Aight, you guys really need to give me specific times and dates or I can't do these classes. I've done quite a few on Allisbrawl, you guys should just go there and use the chat room. It's a lot easier to find players that way.

Blubba_Pinecone

Smash Ace
Personally, I'd use the chat at wifiwars.com if I were you Deva, but it's up to you. I'm up to train anytime, so, if you're on tonight how's that work? If not, it'll probably be easier for you to give me a time instead.

Deva

Smash Lord
Personally, I'd use the chat at wifiwars.com if I were you Deva, but it's up to you. I'm up to train anytime, so, if you're on tonight how's that work? If not, it'll probably be easier for you to give me a time instead.
Idk, maybe I wasn't using it right, but I tried wifi wars and it was really hard to see what anyone was posting, the text looked horrible with som much random crap lol.

sincityserious

Smash Apprentice
wow, haven't seen garde post for a really long time--2005, i think.

deva, wtf are you going to teach them? lol. i mean, there isn't much to brawl to teach. furthermore, it'll be over online, which will make it difficult if anything.

Top Bottom