• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fox Power Rankings (In Progress)

Rizk18

Smash Lord
Yeah that is what I said, until you started acting the way you did in your chat for no reason when I was trying to show you that I changed. I have changed, just not towards you anymore because you wouldnt accept the apoligy.

megaFoX

Smash Apprentice
NNID
megafox112
i just started to go to tourneys and ive been getting like 9th around there :C i think i get predictable sometimes

Rizk18

Smash Lord
i just started to go to tourneys and ive been getting like 9th around there :C i think i get predictable sometimes
Obvious Dair is Dair.

Basically you need to take out really big names in your region and other regions. You also need to have consistent tournament placements.
How big names? Like Anther big? Because I dont think thats ever possible for a Fox player.

Roller

Smash Legend
How big names? Like Anther big? Because I dont think thats ever possible for a Fox player.
...Anther wont do the cg up to 100+. Fox is no worse to pick vs Anther than most other chars. He is just better than almost everybody else in the area.

And Lain would count...
Even though Judge hasn't been as active lately, it sounds like he might be going to some more tourneys. He'd be considered "a big name". L_Cancel maybe. That's about it for MI names, unless OH or somewhere comes to another one of our tournies/vice versa.

lordhelmet

Smash Master
And Lain would count...
Even though Judge hasn't been as active lately, it sounds like he might be going to some more tourneys. He'd be considered "a big name". L_Cancel maybe. That's about it for MI names, unless OH or somewhere comes to another one of our tournies/vice versa.
You forgot lordhelmet.

Just kidding but Rizk is getting pretty good.

NAKAT

Smash Champion
Obvious Dair is Dair.

Don't start trash talking anyone, and with that mentality YOU won't be able to beat Anther.

...Anther wont do the cg up to 100+. Fox is no worse to pick vs Anther than most other chars. He is just better than almost everybody else in the area.

And Lain would count...
Zeton is able to overcome Pikachu and Ice Climbers it's time more Fox players step up.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Yo son I went Fox in a match against a Marth last weekend.

Can I has ranked?

M@v

Subarashii!
Obvious Dair is Dair.

I saw Will, one of the best DKs, 2 stock atomsk's D3. this matchup is about as bad as fox vs pika, and atomsk is probably the best d3. Nothing's impossible. That match was also one of several reasons I went back to fox; anything is possible in this game.

RPK

Smash Lord
Actually, I think he'd do pretty good against Anther. He does still have a Meta Knight. He also used to be one of the top MK players on the West Coast before he went Fox. So I think he'd still do well against Anther.

Rizk18

Smash Lord
No its not, why are people thinking its easy to beat anther? the best pika main in the world(maybe esam) an the MU is like 70-30. its possible with the cg. and anther is too beast to NOT get the grab. so please dont sit here saying its possible when nobody has proved it.

SV platform camping and once you eat jolts/attacks to like 65% doesnt the cg stop working?
That really isn't a point in Fox's favor. When you're being forced to TAKE damage or you'll take...... more damage REALLY isn't disproving Rizk's thoughts that it's 70-30.

Rizk18

Smash Lord
Since I main Pikachu and Fox, I know how hard the MU is but just because somebody knows the MU, doesnt mean its any less easier not to get grabbed. Especially big pikachu names like Anther and Esam. Plus if you actually play anther like I do(we both live in michigan), you will know that not just the chaingrab hurts fox, its the tactics and gimps pikachu can do. Pikachus jab on Fox on ledges is really annoying and QAC helps pikachu in this matchup as well. If you beat good pikachu mains then thats good for you, im just saying until somebody actually beats the top pikachu mains( anther or esam), dont go around telling people to do it when its extremely hard. I beat bricks pikachu pretty easy and 2 stocked it, thats because he is a garbage pikachu and I knew the MU better. Doesnt make the Fox vs Pikachu MU any less easier against top mains.

Robfox

Smash Lord
^^^^^ I didn't read all that
But jus because Anther is Top Pika does not mean he cant lose to a Fox. M@v pretty much proved that with the Will vs Atomsk comparison.
Dont give up without even trying, Fox does not fall to Pika or anyone for that matter too easily bruh

Rizk18

Smash Lord
^^^^^ I didn't read all that
But jus because Anther is Top Pika does not mean he cant lose to a Fox. M@v pretty much proved that with the Will vs Atomsk comparison.
Dont give up without even trying, Fox does not fall to Pika or anyone for that matter too easily bruh
dont respond if you didnt read it all. ill bet ANYTHING that anther will NEVER lose to a fox main. nor will ESAM. im not trying to meat ride anyone. im just stating facts about these top pro players and since they main pika and ARE the top 2 pikachus in the world. its VERY unlikely that they will EVER lose to a fox main. Best fox main< Best pikachu main ALWAYS.

Lightning93

Smash Champion
Hey guess what? Anther and ESAM are human, they can't always perform at maximum capability. Saying that it's impossible for a Fox main to beat them, especially if both Anther and ESAM aren't used to such a player of technical capacity, is pretty illogical.

I feel that Fox has a few more developed tools nowadays to deal with Pika. The MU imo can only get better from this point onwards. I don't think Pika can develop any more advantages past the CG in this situation.

I mean maybe he might develop some godlike tech where he cancels his QAC by canceling his double-jump with an upsmash and then leading up with a grab as we come down at low percents.

But I dunno. I saw we should just let things be as they are and try to stray away from extremes in terms of MU ratios.

Rizk18

Smash Lord
He has dthrow into buffered reverse uair footstool QAC lock,if falco boards say its 65-35 and dehf says 70-30, I really doubt the MU will ever improve. Even with falcos chain and superior lasers and side b, the MU is still horrid according to the falco boards and dehf. So how is the fox vs pikachu MU going to be any better? When a fox beats a top pikachu, I will shut my mouth

Lightning93

Smash Champion
Falco also has inferior mobility and an up-tilt that falls short of Fox's up-tilt in terms of usage. We can also rack damage faster if you're talking about long-range spacing (which we should utilize) and our upsmash is very versatile and requires less damage to kill.

You could argue it either way. But I see no point in saying Fox will never win. He can. No guarantees though.

A big stage I could see helping us would be to pick BF and use our very reputable vertical spacing + auto-canceling abilities to give Pika a run for his money. We both need to be grounded, and us in front of him, for us to get grabbed after all.

Chuee

Smash Hero
I heard KID say he's beaten PikaPika (like a top 4 pika player) with Fox before, so If he can do that I don't see why the same can't be done to Anther.

RPK

Smash Lord
Well I never said TKD was going to use Fox against Anther o.O Again, he used to be one of the top MK mains on the West Coast so...He'd probably go Mk against Anther or Esam. The match up is stupidly hard, and practically forces you to start at 110% basically if the chain grab starts up... Also no one is unbeatable...They are human and thus prone to flaws and mistakes like everyone. Also...Atomsk's D3 lost to a DK...Or whatever the players were. But basically 10-0 match up right there and it's been shown that a DK CAN beat a D3 which is pretty scary....

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Wi-Fi is garbage, any who GO FOX ON BRINSTAR HAVE NO FEAR OR REMORSE JUST DO IT! I DO IT ALL THE TIME IT WORKS FOR ME!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YMGG6OTP6LE
Wifi isnt garbage if the connection is good, but compared to offline its bad i agree.
this, you just have to have the right mindset when you go into a wifi match, and it does actually help you get better.
Don't start trash talking anyone, and with that mentality YOU won't be able to beat Anther.

Zeton is able to overcome Pikachu and Ice Climbers it's time more Fox players step up.
I knew there was a reason I liked this kid.
I saw Will, one of the best DKs, 2 stock atomsk's D3. this matchup is about as bad as fox vs pika, and atomsk is probably the best d3. Nothing's impossible. That match was also one of several reasons I went back to fox; anything is possible in this game.
except your fox being better than mine.

HEYOOOOOOOO

No its not, why are people thinking its easy to beat anther? the best pika main in the world(maybe esam) an the MU is like 70-30. its possible with the cg. and anther is too beast to NOT get the grab. so please dont sit here saying its possible when nobody has proved it.

Nobody said it would be easy to beat anther, were just saying thats its 1. possible, and 2. more possible than people would tend to believe.

as a sidenote, Ive beaten esam and i still think hes better than anther.

That really isn't a point in Fox's favor. When you're being forced to TAKE damage or you'll take...... more damage REALLY isn't disproving Rizk's thoughts that it's 70-30.
the difference is that when you are getting CGd, you cant do anything about it, where as if youre taking damage up to 60, you can 1. shoot lasers back at him. and 2. reflect his jolts back at him, so youre giving him damage while hes giving you enough damage to get out of the CG range.
I heard KID say he's beaten PikaPika (like a top 4 pika player) with Fox before, so If he can do that I don't see why the same can't be done to Anther.
this.

pikapika is just as good as anther when hes in practice. its just that hes super lucky as a player and whenever he has a chance to outshine anther at something, his luck magically seems to run out. lol

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I heard Atomsk refuses to use the infinite, even if the tourney rules allow them though.

:059:

Robfox

Smash Lord
dont respond if you didnt read it all. ill bet ANYTHING that anther will NEVER lose to a fox main. nor will ESAM. im not trying to meat ride anyone. im just stating facts about these top pro players and since they main pika and ARE the top 2 pikachus in the world. its VERY unlikely that they will EVER lose to a fox main. Best fox main< Best pikachu main ALWAYS.
Facts? You're tryin to educate US?.....LOL
This doesn't even deserve a response.
Esam nd Anther are not impossible. Why are you making it seem like it cant ever happen? DDD V DK is also a 70:30 MU, small step CG ***** the monkey but the best DK has beaten the best DDD.
All you are doing is making pointless opinionated theories lol
please bruh stop it.

Rizk18

Smash Lord
Facts? You're tryin to educate US?.....LOL
This doesn't even deserve a response.
Esam nd Anther are not impossible. Why are you making it seem like it cant ever happen? DDD V DK is also a 70:30 MU, small step CG ***** the monkey but the best DK has beaten the best DDD.
All you are doing is making pointless opinionated theories lol
please bruh stop it.
As the guy stated above, atomsk refuses to use the infinite. Until a fox beats anther or esam, like I said so many times. I will shut my mouth. Since you're so confident, go to michigan or florida and prove me wrong. Good luck!(sike)

Edit: ddd vs dk with normal cg is 60-40, go look at the dk and d3 boards for yourself

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
whoa whoa whoa.

Anther IS NOT as good as esam, its not even close anymore.

take mlg columbus, the only one anther went too. esam got like 6th, anther got 33rd.

dont ****ride anther just because you play with him ill admit hes probably still better than pikax2, but saying that hes still on esams level is the easiest way to make your opinion look outdated, and bad.

Atomsk_92

Smash Hero
Why don't you guys start talking about when I lost to Big Lou for once instead of me losing to Will lol.

Pretty sure I could lose to like a Wolf or an Ike and there'd be double the posts about those matchup suddenly being close to even.

^Less of that please.

Try to keep the discussion friendly in regards to the whole Anther v ESAM debate.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
I've beat 2 pikas in my state. Soooo yeah. Idk about the whole ESAM vs. anther debate, but beating pika is something to be noted.

You can't derail some one for overcoming a hard MU. No one is saying it's close to even. More so 60-40. Also have maybe sat down to think maybe you are just playing the MU wrong? Maybe picking the wrong stages?

Rizk18

Smash Lord
Saying that anther is not as good as ESAM is blasphemy. Just because anther cant travel as much as ESAM doesnt prove a thing. I know ESAM has great placements in MLG. But Anther never gets to play as much as ESAM does. Not even close anymore? are you joking? When Tyrant came to Michigan, Anther and him were going very even and Anther won a few matches in GF. Didnt ESAM lose to Tyrant at MLG as well..? I rest my case.

Exceladon City

Smash Hero
Saying that anther is not as good as ESAM is blasphemy. Just because anther cant travel as much as ESAM doesnt prove a thing. I know ESAM has great placements in MLG. But Anther never gets to play as much as ESAM does. Not even close anymore? are you joking? When Tyrant came to Michigan, Anther and him were going very even and Anther won a few matches in GF. Didnt ESAM lose to Tyrant at MLG as well..? I rest my case.
That means nothing, considering that they both LOST to Tyrant. Don't make up reasons why Anther can't play. Fact remains, ESAM is > Anther. Until Anther is able to dedicate more time to playing and getting active, it will remain that way. Please stop.

-EDIT- Not trying to get infracted.

Rizk18

Smash Lord
No please stop Excel. YOU have nothing to do here. You are an ice climbers main or sonic or whatever the hell you are. Stop trolling ad lurking the fox boards when you have no reason to be here arguing. Anther is just as good as ESAM.

Exceladon City

Smash Hero
No please stop Excel. YOU have nothing to do here. You are an ice climbers main or sonic or whatever the hell you are. Stop trolling ad lurking the fox boards when you have no reason to be here arguing. Anther is just as good as ESAM.
I used to main Fox, which is why I'm always in here. Despite my not maining Fox, it doesn't prevent me from speaking some common sense in here.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Oreo is legit. Rizk I'm being real and nice as I can. You have no place to telling anyone to get out. Especially with your faltering rep with us. So stop with the condescending attitude to anyone who disagrees with you.

Summary of this argument that is not going anywhere: ESAM>Anther due to activity until Anther shows up more like he used to. When Foxes beat Pikas it's something to be noted.

Also you are being stubborn and close minded and is also another reason no one is getting along with you. Your ego and close-mindedness is a wall no one wants to get past.

EDIT: I see you lurking Anther! Show yourself! :p

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero

Esam is like 3 and 1 in sets with tyrant.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oFWSTDIx0Yk&playnext=1&list=PL9ED4A69F5CCD7DDE&index=14

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_AN8DNOcnjU

anther apparently has never beaten tyrant,

sooooo... you bringing up that point actually bolsters my argument.

Top Bottom