• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fox Power Rankings (In Progress)

M@v

Subarashii!
Ones metaknight. You don't need skills to master MK because he da bess :p. the other two are similar mechanics, and I have a year+ a piece with them individually.

But seriously, I feel its very doable. See Atomsk and Ninjalink, just to name two.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Didn't Atomsk just lose to -X- at MLG Dallas? O and isn't X tha guy who picked up Sonic at the beginning of Brawl and mastered the character inside and out?

Yea.

And who is NinjaLink? Lol.

Namesearch incoming.

FreakingMethodiC

Smash Journeyman
Yea then you never master any of them and never get anywhere against good players.
3 characters isn't really all the bad to master. It's always good to have a main and play 1-2 side characters for your bad match-ups right? xD

Didn't Atomsk just lose to -X- at MLG Dallas? O and isn't X tha guy who picked up Sonic at the beginning of Brawl and mastered the character inside and out?

Yea.

Namesearch incoming.
He's a player in DA over in here in NY/NJ. He plays like the entire cast, but mainly Diddy i believe. Same crew as Will, Bum, Wes, Jash etc...

Or am i being trolled D:

-Mars-

Smash Hero
I know who NinjaLink is lol.

The point is the cream of the crop play only one character and have mastered that character.

M2K
ESAM
GNES
TYRANT
RICH BROWN

etc.

You can't say that when you've got Atomsk walking around. As much as I do agree with you in the sense that it is better to have mastered one character, the "cream of the crop" doesn't really apply that much in this situation.

Zephil

Smash Ace
I know who NinjaLink is lol.

The point is the cream of the crop play only one character and have mastered that character.

M2K
ESAM
GNES
TYRANT
RICH BROWN

etc.
The same list can go for players that use many chars:

Lee Martin
Anti
Havok
Atomsk
TKD

etc.

At the end I think is not about mastering every detail of a char but to learn to play intelligent with them and use correctly their attributes and understand their flaws. Brawl is a mindgames game (lol) so is more important to be smart than to be really skillful.

Atomsk_92

Smash Hero

Yea.

Namesearch incoming.
No I didn't. I never fought him.

I also feel I'd have much more success in this game if I stuck to just one character. However, only two top players only play 1 character.

M@v

Subarashii!
No I didn't. I never fought him.

I also feel I'd have much more success in this game if I stuck to just one character. However, only two top players only play 1 character.
I just feel its more important to master being smart and being able to read your opponent than it is to master the mechanics/all the matchup specifics of a character. Its why I feel playing more than one character at a high level is very doable. You and others have proven it.

C.R.Z

Smash Lord
remember its not about mastering more than one character, its about mastering MU's. its perfectly viable to master lets say fox in 70 % of MU's then learn mk for the other 30%. in terms of positive outcome (placings/performance) theres not much point in learning many characters as MU's will often overlap (mk and fox are both 50/50 vs falco).

on the other hand the more characters you learn, if used in a smart way, could mean you always fight a MU highly in your favour (for the most part). so it is possible.

M@v

Subarashii!
At the same time, you have to take the opponent into consideration. I'll use your mk/fox both even vs falco example.

How many mks do you think your opponent has played? Probably a ton since hes so common.
Now, how many Foxes do you think your opponent has played? In most cases I'm willing to bet no more than 3 because fox isnt popular in tourney. This is assuming he doesnt have a fox for a practice partner. I've seen this scenario unfold oh so often, even in my sets. For example, I'll start as falco vs d3 as either lose/barely win. Then I'll go to fox and completely blow the guy out of the water. Both characters do well vs d3, but still there was a significant difference. I know for a fact my falco and fox are about even.
In addition, against everyone I practice against and get to see all 3 of my characters, they usually do the worst against my falco/mk.

so my theory is that unless they know the lower tier mu as well as the higher tier one, having multiple characters can really give you an advantage and catch someone off-guard not knowing the MU.

C.R.Z

Smash Lord
thats true but we are assuming that the opponent knows all his MU's 100% and that we dont know them as an individual.its most likely that they will know the mk MU more than the fox MU but you should be taking worse case scenario into account if your playing to win :)

-Mars-

Smash Hero
My bad Atomsk I was thinking you were Lain for some reason.....

I dunno I just haven't seen really anyone who uses more than one character ever win a national.

I think it's better to be great with one character than good with a bunch..*shrugs*.

Rizk18

Smash Lord
Since I've been banned from the Fox boards for a while now, im going to stop trying to get you guys to acknowledge the fact that I am a good Fox and probably almost as good as Zeton or even Trevonte. Im tired of being rejected as a player simply because I choose to troll online and type like a seven year old kid. That shouldn't affect my skill level. So now since I know everyone on almost every board hates me, im going to stop posting everywhere unless at least one person says I should continue to post(without the hate and trolling). If only people gave me a chance man..

Robfox

Smash Lord
^^^^^^^^ WTH R U *****in
wow bruh man up
Dont go on sayin how good U R without solid proof
nd who cares if U dnt get along wit some ppl it's online interaction they dnt no U nd U dnt no them
Im not bein mean, jus sayin thereZ no reason to cry about it

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
you're a ****** rizk.

and you're fox sucks ***.

Lightning93

Smash Champion
I have to agree not much about you says "good player". I'm not trying to sound mean or anything...

I'm a pretty patient guy I'd like to think... so it kind of means something when you get on my nerves :/. Just a little bit though.

So chill! Work on your self-recognition. Really solidify yourself as someone with potential and talent and then come back a little more gracious.

Just. Don't. Whine :(.

C.R.Z

Smash Lord
Since I've been banned from the Fox boards for a while now, im going to stop trying to get you guys to acknowledge the fact that I am a good Fox and probably almost as good as Zeton or even Trevonte. Im tired of being rejected as a player simply because I choose to troll online and type like a seven year old kid. That shouldn't affect my skill level. So now since I know everyone on almost every board hates me, im going to stop posting everywhere unless at least one person says I should continue to post(without the hate and trolling). If only people gave me a chance man..
no one cares. post vids and take advice, no one is going to feel sorry for you.

C.R.Z

Smash Lord
im just being real. if hes good he will be noticed.no point in chasing acknowledgement on a forum.

Rizk18

Smash Lord
Calm down. He was infracted accordingly and Illmatic will be a good boy and not bother you anymore........ Won't you Illmatic? :glare:
finally some justice for me around here

Smh at all this useless drama. It would make more sense when he gets vids up.

my friend is the one with the capture card and he said he'll get them up soon,unless someone here wants to record them for me? i got like 4 or 5 vids against #4 ranked in minnosota. so far these are the only vids. anyone wana volunteer to help please?

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Justice? That's just the rules around here. Last time you guys flamed in here everyone who was flaming got infracted, and you happened to be pushing the infraction points to be banned. We aren't playing favorites.

I do record videos for people, but at the moment I'm going to be a little busy uploading matches. I have about 40 or so to upload but I'll be done later tonight (GMT 0) so hit me up on AIM/PM/something and I'll see what I can do.

M@v

Subarashii!
Riz

The reason you probably were "treated" that way was because we used to have a guy around here named a6m....oh boy. Biggest ego I've ever SEEN from someone who only went to his local 16 person tourneys.

Also, people won't listen to someone saying he's good as people who have proven themselves unless he has good tournament results to back them up, and more than just super small low-skill deals. It helps to beat well known players in bracket, and get power ranked in your region(although its not necessary imo) as well.

Rizk18

Smash Lord
Yeah M@V, this is why im trying to change my attitude to help boost my rep and hopefully when KillerJaws gets my videos up ill get a little more recognition. I dont know if you guys will think they are good but I am still trying to get better.

Zhamy

Smash Champion
lol A6M_Zero or whatever

Beat 12 year olds in local tourney, proclaim you have beast Fox.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
A6M was pretty good though....lol.

I remember when Rookie thought he was the best thing since sliced bread because of his combo video though.....now that was some fun threads/posts.

Rizk18

Smash Lord
Never heard of him, but yeah like I said im trying to change. KillerJaws says he'll hopefully have my videos up within a day or two. But im going to say this now, dont expect much "skill" out of them. Imo their pretty average but i will let you guys decide.

Top Bottom