• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fox Match-Up General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Exceladon City

Smash Hero
And it means they can kill us at around 35% with a jab-upb, or 70% for an up-angled fsmash. So even if Fox's usmash will kill at around 75% on him, he has kill moves too, and, combined with our light weight, makes this a bad place for us. Oh, and he has Rising nair, which is FAR more priority than Fair, will kill around 80% when you stand on the platform (maybe about 60% higher up) and has 3 (!) frames from when the button is pressed to the hitbox coming out. You may want to rethink your advice. Anyways, pretty much whatever stage Fox chooses, Luigi will have an advantage.

You can powershield the jab and the up+b and at K.O percents you play it smart. DUH. I live to like 100+ because I don't get stupid and try to fight him head-on at K.O percents. I know the Luigi match-up because one of my good friends mains him and plays him pretty textbook and I secondary Luigi so I know what I'm talking about.

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
I think that Luigi's main advantage over Fox is his high priority attacks. But I think that if you abuse Fox's speed and play smart, it's possible to come out on top. I gotta go, so I don't have much time to go into this.
55:45 in Luigi's favor.

.Marik

is a social misfit

Zhamy, how is Mr. Game And Watch not a disadvantageous matchup? It's 65:35 their favour. Unless I'm mistaken, but the box is colour coded red, and Fox's matchup ratio (his chance per match) is on top.

I haven't been playing Fox that long, but it's at least 55:45 Luigi's favour. He has quick, damaging attacks and insane priority. His grabs ****, too.

Fox has a good Fair, Dair, Bair and he should space well and lazer spam.

Zhamy

Smash Champion
Zhamy, how is Mr. Game And Watch not a disadvantageous matchup? It's 65:35 their favour. Unless I'm mistaken, but the box is colour coded red, and Fox's matchup ratio (his chance per match) is on top.
The chart is wrong. Trust me, if you go read through the way we were talking about the matchup, it was obvious none of us had enough G&W experience to figure out the matchup. I would definitely say the matchup is much closer, and at worst, 60:40. Just don't get hit by that stupid turtle.

.Marik

is a social misfit
The chart is wrong. Trust me, if you go read through the way we were talking about the matchup, it was obvious none of us had enough G&W experience to figure out the matchup. I would definitely say the matchup is much closer, and at worst, 60:40. Just don't get hit by that stupid turtle.
Ah, okay. Thanks for clearing that up with me.

Lightning93

Smash Champion
... Well I was using the numbers on the front page for the matchup chart. Maybe if it was updated, or someone could at least send me a pm telling me something is wrong every once in a while people wouldn't be getting confused!

I'll update it when the previously mentioned criteria is met.

Yanoss1313

Smash Journeyman
ooh! thanks *face palms* why didn't i know realize that! lol

Edit: Jesus ****ing christ, stalled for over a week? god, this thread is dead

t3h n00b

Smash Ace
Ok, I have a question. How do you deal with Snake? The matchup isn't supposed to be so bad because Snake can't really use projectiles well, right? Are there like any good things to do against a Snake? I used to cp Fox for Snakes, but now I'm better off with Falcon (though he is my main).

Zhamy

Smash Champion
Ok, I have a question. How do you deal with Snake? The matchup isn't supposed to be so bad because Snake can't really use projectiles well, right? Are there like any good things to do against a Snake? I used to cp Fox for Snakes, but now I'm better off with Falcon (though he is my main).
Camp, spam, punish. How do you deal with other heavies?

t3h n00b

Smash Ace
Maybe I approach too much or something. Like I played a DK earlier today, and just tried to keep him caught in fair, dair, and utilt. It's like Snake has more defensive options with grenades and C4.

Metatitan

Smash Master
any fox mains have experience vs a proshi: aka burntsocks, green ace, scatz, bwett, or pride?
the yoshi boards are discussing the matchup

gantrain05

Smash Master
any fox mains have experience vs a proshi: aka burntsocks, green ace, scatz, bwett, or pride?
im sad you dont mention bo jangles.

but i played him one time for one game in a friendly 3 months ago as fox =/

718_ROOKI3

Smash Lord
Nana locking Snake's all over New York City
yea i have beaten pride in tournament the only time i ever played a yoshi in tournament and well i just camped lasers, reflected all campy yoshi eggs, and upsmashed yoshi the earliest as 116% ........yoshi is dumb heavy. i did alot of hit and run tactics too because yoshi's nair stops alot of stuff fox normally does...

Zhamy

Smash Champion
Yoshi - Don't combo, shoot lasers, hit him, run the hell away; rinse and repeat.

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
I think it's in Fox's favor. I've been playing a lot against the MI G&W's including NoJ a lot tonight. Just laser until he does something and then punish it... Well I guess that's what fox should really do against everyone, lol...

Also, I based my fox a lot off of Thrzy's pikachu. I would recommend watching vid's of his pika to learn how to punish people and stuff.

hey Foxs Zelda boards have gotten over to discussing us now, so come help me out >.>
Bad matchup for zelda once fox can get around zelda upsmashes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom