• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fox is bad now?

NinjaFoxX

Banned via Warnings
im saying youre right to an extent,but...if youre saying that even if fox gets more "tools" its not gonna help,then youre wrong,if youre saying it depends on the player using said tools,and if other foxes can learn from this player and push fox further up in the rankings,then youre right

still,there are chars. that are in a higer tier,but have a disadvantage to someone lower than them,so dont immediately write off just because fox=MK means fox=marth also.

JhMS

Smash Journeyman
Still,the fact is that MK just is way safer than Fox.If Meta makes a mistake,he goes away with it.If Fox makes a mistake,hes going down.Meta just have way more tools.So do Snake,Falco,G&W,Diddy,Marth,etc.
Fox is my main and all,but theres no f**** chance hes even with Meta and G&W.No way.
I think this board have to realise that Fox has a lot of weaknesses.This board needs to stop the hype about him.
Only with that done we will be truly prepared to focus on Fox Metagame completly.Because we all believe he has potential.

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
Still,the fact is that MK just is way safer than Fox.If Meta makes a mistake,he goes away with it.If Fox makes a mistake,hes going down.Meta just have way more tools.So do Snake,Falco,G&W,Diddy,Marth,etc.
Fox is my main and all,but theres no f**** chance hes even with Meta and G&W.No way.
I think this board have to realise that Fox has a lot of weaknesses.This board needs to stop the hype about him.
Only with that done we will be truly prepared to focus on Fox Metagame completly.Because we all believe he has potential.
Best post ever made in the Fox boards... ever.

JhMS

Smash Journeyman
Lol EL,Im definitely going to sign that XD.
But still,thats just the way I feel about this boards.Theres a reason why Fox is not Top Tier...

SmashBrother2008

Smash Lord
But still,thats just the way I feel about this boards.Theres a reason why Fox is not Top Tier...
And what reason is that? I know he's not top but right now, he's in a suprising position. I'm just curious and you seem knowledgable. (I'm thinking of maining fox)

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Everyone knows that, he's not that far away from high though, and that is what people like you keep missing.

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
Everyone knows that, he's not that far away from high though, and that is what people like you keep missing.
Or perhaps he is analyzing the game deeper and better than some of the Fox's on here and came to the conclusion that he isn't that good of a character? >_>

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
Strictly in the Fox vs MK matchup, if MK makes a mistake, he gets at least 20-30% on him....or nearly 1/4 to 1/3 of his stock gone.if Fox makes a mistake, he doesn't get that... so "he's going down" doesn't really apply to anything, does it?

Nobody has said Fox goes even with GW. and why does he not go even with MK? back up your claim.

I have never...in all my posts said that Fox doesn't have weaknesses. I'm not sure why people think I have. And also, I'm not hyping him as this super amazing character. I believe he has good matches against the top tier...nothing unwinnable. and only that... and I get bashed for it? No.. that's not right. Have I ever said Fox should be top tier... or that he should replace MK's position on the tier list? absolutely not... so get off me about it.

I respect that right now, MK is the best in the game... I can't argue with that. That does not instantly equal MK ***** Fox. People seem to misquote me and misunderstand me and paint me as this delusional freak who thinks Fox is number 1... I don't. I've stated he should be high tier...which is what....3 spaces away from where he is now? whoa dream big. Even Japan, where people actually play Fox, has agreed with me...and yet, I'm still this huge dreamer ala Simna Ibn Sind. I'm sick of it.

However, the thought of a mid-high tier having a good shot against a top tier is also not unreasonable in normal thought processes. This happened with Ganon and CF placing well in Melee tourneys...just for one example. Link was almost even with marth in Melee... so what's the big deal?

Fox is, imo, one of the best punishers...if not the overall best punisher in the game. And therefore, in a normal tournament match, he has a better chance than you can say if you do not consider that. That's my main point all along.

My points:

Fox should be high tier...but what does it matter since the SBR is screwed up anyway...

Fox has no worse than a 6-4 against the entire top tier.

Fox is an amazing punishing character, which instantly makes him VERY good when controlled by a smart player in a normal match.

Does he have weaknesses? yes...of course. Is he top tier worthy? certainly not now...I've stated that several times.

And M@v, wth man? you want me to stop posting in your matchup discussion? fine...that's done.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Or perhaps he is analyzing the game deeper and better than some of the Fox's on here and came to the conclusion that he isn't that good of a character? >_>
Olimar, who is considered by everyone to be a good character is only one spot above Fox on the tier list. In fact it isn't hard to imagine Fox passing up a Pit, Toon Link, Olimar, or Wolf to get into the bottom of high tier.

I seriously fail to understand the logis that a character only 2 spots from high tier is "not that good of a character".

People have to remember that there are far more characters in Brawl than in Melee, so it's harder to accurately place them and such.

For a character who hasn't done especially well in tournaments and with all of these people so set against him, to see him only 2 spots out of high tier says a lot.

D1

Banned via Administration
After witnessing good Sonic players beasting against MK mains that place high in tourneys...

...I believe anything is possible.

Especially w/ Fox.

The End.

KheldarVII

Smash Ace
NNID
redKheld
After witnessing good Sonic players beasting against MK mains that place high in tourneys...

Especially w/ Fox.

The End.
Man, I really need to fight you. Or something....

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136

Especially w/ Fox.

The End.
Are you serious?

Dude....you know better then this.

>_>

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
I actually enjoyed Marth vs Fox in Melee since the match was close.

Veggi

Smash Champion
(I'm thinking of maining fox)
Then what will happen to your amazing avatar?

Because I want to try and putting something useful...

I think Fox is an OK character, but where he shines (lol) is that he doesn't have much of a problem with the higher up characters and at tourneys everyone and their dog will be playing the bat ball. It seems to me that it's best that we get more match-up vs. (insert good character here that's not Pikachu) before we start wondering if Fox is high tier or not. I think he's an average character that doesn't have problems against really high up characters. It's part of why DK is up there, right? Plus DK is bad against Dedede and most characters that arn't high on the tier chart don't have a problem facing him.

The matches that matter he can do averagely in and saying that means alot. Plus Fox has a whole ton of "It's almost legit" combos and they all work nearly the same on alot of characters. That has to count for something. Plus he has a reliable move refresher and I rarely hear people say that Fox has a hard time killing or damage racking.

Airwalkerr

Smash Journeyman
Oh you fox boards and your Jigglypuff hate. She may be pink, feminine and a Pokemon, but that puffball can lay down some serious ****! Errr, COULD lay down some serious ****. Now she can kinda attempt a ****, but gets shut down because everybody with the exception of Ganondorf, imo, don't like getting ***** by pink puffballs, but subsequently love to **** pink puffballs, and so with the will to **** and more power to **** opposing the old rapist, the old rapist gets ***** instead of doing the ******... I'm sorry for that rant, I'll get off your boards now. XD

JhMS

Smash Journeyman
And what reason is that? I know he's not top but right now, he's in a suprising position. I'm just curious and you seem knowledgable. (I'm thinking of maining fox)
He just doesnt have the tools to be Top.Simple as that.I also believe he has potential to High Tier,but he just doesnt shine(lol bad pun) in a lot of places.
Fox is just an average character.Besides,the fact that Pika just totally ***** us doesnt help either....

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
He just doesnt have the tools to be Top.Simple as that.I also believe he has potential to High Tier,but he just doesnt shine(lol bad pun) in a lot of places.
Fox is just an average character.Besides,the fact that Pika just totally ***** us doesnt help either....
I completely agree with this statement.

soul ark

Smash Ace
above average would be more of an accurate place. besides what is up with all this fox is bad stuff where is it coming from. i remember when fox's had pride about themselves. now all this "fox doesn't have the tools" stuff is getting to people and messing them up.

fox will have to work hard to get up in the tier list just as he did in melee he might not get as high but he belongs higher than he is now.

and for the most part i think we can all agree on that point.

CloudGer

Smash Rookie
He might not be as high tiered as in SSBM, but he's still one of the chars that can beat any other character if used right(well pikachu is another thing...). You just have to practice and shouldn't rush things during battle, fox is now not as good if played very aggressive.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
fox will have to work hard to get up in the tier list just as he did in melee he might not get as high but he belongs higher than he is now.

and for the most part i think we can all agree on that point.
I don't agree that he should go higher; in fact, I think they may have placed him too high.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
On what grounds makes you say Fox was put too high in the tier list?
Well Olimar and TL and a few other characters are overall better, Fox didn't have that good of tourney placings compared to other characters near that rank, he has **** matchups like Shiek, ZSS, and Pikachu where as most high tiers don't have near impossible matchups like that.

I just think that if some characters are gonna move up into High tier for whatever reason it would be characters like Olimar, TL, etc who are almost certainly better than Fox. Now maybe I'm wrong, and Fox is better than Olimar or TL (I doubt it, but I'm open to the possibility), but the way things are looking now it isn't the case.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Well Olimar and TL and a few other characters are overall better, Fox didn't have that good of tourney placings compared to other characters near that rank, he has **** matchups like Shiek, ZSS, and Pikachu where as most high tiers don't have near impossible matchups like that.

I just think that if some characters are gonna move up into High tier for whatever reason it would be characters like Olimar, TL, etc who are almost certainly better than Fox. Now maybe I'm wrong, and Fox is better than Olimar or TL (I doubt it, but I'm open to the possibility), but the way things are looking now it isn't the case.
Olimar and TL are higher than Fox on the tier list so I don't really understand what your getting at. Fox is fine where he is.....in fact they placed him almost exactly where he should be.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Olimar and TL are higher than Fox on the tier list so I don't really understand what your getting at. Fox is fine where he is.....in fact they placed him almost exactly where he should be.
What I am saying is that because they are higher, they would be more likely to make it to High tier than Fox because they are better overall anyways.

Sever

Smash Rookie
winning an argument on the internet is like winning in special olympics even if u happen to win ur still a ****** .

ExCeL 52

Smash Lord
He will definitely rise in tier list, I just think people are playing super aggresive like in melee fox. On the contrary though you cant do that in brawl...

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Fox is a good character, but the reason he isn't so high in the tier list because he has 2 atrocious matchups is a good one. 2 bad matchups? Not a big deal you might think, but when he doesn't necessarily destroy any other characters in the game, that's where his problem lies. Now Falco, who I must add is absolutely, completely and utterly NOT A CLONE of Fox, has only one really bad matchup, has several advantageous matchups, and can even give MK a run for his money. It's kinda like a Pokémon moveset, covering all the different types of characters reliably is key. That's what I think anyway.

Top Bottom