• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fox is bad now?

JhMS

Smash Journeyman
@JhMS
have you looked at the new Fox matchup chart recently? when it went over MK gimping is really the biggest thing he's got on Fox. theres more, but it was unanimously agreed that that matchup is pretty even. on Falco its still kinda good on his end, but not by alot, especially when it comes to KOing Fox.
Still,I think Meta has a lot of options that are low risk high reward,while Fox always has to take risk.That and the gimping problem...
Maybe its just me,but I dont see Fox having a pretty even match with MK,especially at the highest level of play.

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
Still,I think Meta has a lot of options that are low risk high reward,while Fox always has to take risk.That and the gimping problem...
Maybe its just me,but I dont see Fox having a pretty even match with MK,especially at the highest level of play.
Fox's option in the match shut down MK's options, mostly... I still say it's in Fox's favor...and I've played M2k... there are several Foxes around here who do really well vs the resident MKs...

Fox realy doesn't have too many risks when played correctly... but whatever...

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
They have a 70:30 advatage. That's a hard counter
maybe that could be changed, but if you read through the description of the matchup, especially Fenrirs part. its not an absolute hard counter, more like 5:5, 6:4, or 4:6 skill and matchup knowledge dependant.

JhMS

Smash Journeyman
Fox's option in the match shut down MK's options, mostly... I still say it's in Fox's favor...and I've played M2k... there are several Foxes around here who do really well vs the resident MKs...

Fox realy doesn't have too many risks when played correctly... but whatever...
Maybe.....but I havent seen any Fox main in the eastcoast.Maybe thats the reason we are kind of low in the character ranking thread.....
Still,I agree that Fox has potential to clim up a few spots in the tier list..we will see.

NECTR

Smash Rookie
Fox will always have potential to climb in the tier listing, but it wil take a matter of time, as well as someone to come along and do it. His true potential has yet to be unlocked, in my opinion.

Storm_Fox

Smash Apprentice
Fox will always have potential to climb in the tier listing, but it wil take a matter of time, as well as someone to come along and do it. His true potential has yet to be unlocked, in my opinion.
10 bucks says someone will discover something that will break Meta Knight.

With the high risk thing most of meta knight's moves are low with high but in the air they are vulnerable because all of them but him in a helpless state

SCOTU

Smash Hero
of the people receiving nerfs, falco and marth only received minor ones, while fox received a huge one.

also, wtf Fox DOES NOT go even w/ MK. MK KO's fox way faster than fox KOs MK, fox cannot camp MK due to his running speed, once MK gets fox offstage, fox dies. Fox cannot edgeguard MK. All of fox's approaches are flat out out prioritized by both MK's air (fair) and ground (usmash) game. MKs tornado can, and will, eat through anything fox has. The only thing fox has going for him is his wtf usmash, but that is not enough to earn him better than a 7-3 matchup in favor of MK.

l3lue2ain

Smash Journeyman
Marth has a major nerf :p the spike has to be sweet spotted. but fox he is no way shape or form as good as he was in melee.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Marth nerf is certainly not major. And Falco...I don't think he was nerfed at all

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Marth and Falco suffered from system changes more then anything else. Falco is just a completely different character and Marth lost some range and got some other stuff that compensated.

But you are on drugs if you think for one second that those two were nerfed more then Fox.

Also..man that scotu sure has a good head on his shoulders.

smallwolf24

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0834-2422-8954
Fox isn't bad, just not a God like in melee anymore. But there are some particular people that make him look good .... really good.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Recently, Mac found an infinite that Wario has on MK.

Also, Fox's dair can hit Mk through the top of the tornado and fair goes through MK's glide attack, if he picks FD and forces Meta to approach it is winnable. Fox kills him at 85% and can get him there pretty easily......it's closer to 60-40 than it is 70-30, i'd even go as far to say it's 55-45 for MK.

KheldarVII

Smash Ace
NNID
redKheld
The reason why it's more in MK's favor is because it's FAR easier for MK to beat Fox than it is the other way around. It's not debating whether or not it's winnable really. We all know Fox can win.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I said an equally skilled MK. Not a dumb one, who can't handle fox (this isn't Melee you know) or makes silly mistakes

NinjaFoxX

Banned via Warnings
again,you just gotta know what your doing,fox just has more risks to take but theyre an almost equal matchup,besides,even a char with as much skill as said MK using oh...say...yoshi,could win,wether they were using him or not(well,they'd be going back and forth on wins/losses)

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
Fox MK is 5-5. Don't say it's unwinnable in an equal skilled match.. that's ********

Fox ***** tornado, btw, and dair goes through MK's usmash.... Fox's Bair outranges MK's fair, and Fox gets kills out of shield at 85%... Fox CAN recover in the match without way too much trouble, and assuming dsmash is predicted, Fox doesn't die for quite a while.

Just fixing mistakes.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Do you seriously think you've got it 70-30 against Snake? or is that a joke.

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
Yeah you're right. Nado is MKs only move. Beat it and you win...
I listed other reasons for my argument... I never said Tornado is MK's only move... I was responding to Scotu and his misinformation.

Emblem Lord and sandwhale...

Do you honestly think Scotu is the only sane one? He just listed that "MKs tornado can, and will, eat through anything fox has" which is clearly inaccurate. therefore, how could he be "the only sane Fox main"?

Or is it just that you think that way because he shares your opinions and therefore, he must be correct? Has it occurred to you yet that you may be wrong... or are you just here to stir up trouble yet again? If it is the latter, please leave... we don't need that here... you can go wreck your own boards for all I care, but why are you here?

And DanGR:

the Snake thing is a misjudging of a switch on our matchup thread. I argued 5-5, but it was called at 6-4... he then adjusted the scale to match another char matchup thread, and Snake got moved up to 7-3... is that accurate? no... I don't believe so at all... I still think it's a very, very good match.

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
@Fenfen
*looks on in awe*

does eveyone just look at the matchup thread numbers and not read the description below? thats the 2nd time someone has brought up the 70:30 against snake and Fenrirs post clearly said its more 5:5 or 6:4
>__>

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
But like...it's not 5/5 or 6/4. At all.

It's like...Snake buttf*ck a$$ ***** Fox with no condom and gives him AIDS.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Besides, the match-up thread still has it as a 70:30 advantage regardless...

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
so harsh El so harsh . whats marths rating in that matchup ma i ask?

@Gheb
why don't ya just ask Mav to change it if its bothering you so much. >__>

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
It doesn't bother me. It just....amuses me. I just wanted to point it out, to keep you guys from being embarrased

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
amuses? well thats intersting lol
personally it doesn't bother or embarrass me. its the expalnation of the matchup not the number that i care about.

sandwhale

Smash Journeyman
the matchup explanation basically says don't face head on the f-tilt and up tilt and you'll be fine...you seem to forget that those two moves completely screw your approach options but whatever...

and at Fenrir> yes i come to these boards only to spend hours annoying the hell out of as many people as i can to make me feel good about myself. lol your silly. oh and scotu is like the only one here that understands that mindgames don't decide a match-up.

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
But like...it's not 5/5 or 6/4. At all.

It's like...Snake buttf*ck a$$ ***** Fox with no condom and gives him AIDS.
Please don't speak of things you don't know.
I understand your aim at certain times has been to inspire the metagame by making us rile against you, but that game is tired, and I'm really bored with it.

If you want to force your ignorance on these boards, I can't do much to stop you...but I'm tired of having to argue with you.

aaaaand sandwhale.

Fox is a punishing character. That's what he is. He punishes you for rolling, attacking, standing there, shielding, etc... only if he guesses you out. If he can guess you, Fox is one of...if not the best punisher in the game.

If you do not consider the possibility of mindgames in a matchup, you miss part of the match and could be completely wrong about it. : /

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
No, this time I'm being deadly serious.

It's not ignorance.

Fox doesn't have the tools.

How does Fox lose to Marth, but go even with Snake and MK when they have better tools then Marth?

Fox would need some really effective strat vs both of them to mitigate the effectiveness of their tools.

And I'm not seeing it.

Honestly...You are the one who needs to stop posting garbage. You are misguiding all these players who look up to you.

You overrate Fox so much.

You say I shouldn't speak of things I don't know? Follow your own advice.

Top Bottom