• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fox footstool experiments

DarkAura

Smash Lord
it could work... but it's easier to just drill>utilt>drill repeat its foxes way of pillaring IMO

anyways ill test it out and give you feedback

DarkAura

Smash Lord
yeah just tested it and fox gets to much altitude from the footstool

but one question is the footstool in midair or on the ground because if its in mid air this could possibly work

saviorslegacy

My avater is not a Sheik avatar.
yeah just tested it and fox gets to much altitude from the footstool

but one question is the footstool in midair or on the ground because if its in mid air this could possibly work
I was afraid of that.

Well test it. See what you get.

Xiivi

So much for friendship huh...
Premium
BRoomer
Dair to uptilt is not guaranteed at all percents, so this would be impossible with Fox the way you suggested.

M@v

Subarashii!
oh bitter irony, we are one of the very few characters that doesnt get affected by this AT ALL, yet we still get 30-deathed by Ftilt. Yay. :urg:

DarkAura

Smash Lord
yeah sorry it took a while i didnt have access to my laptop

it doesnt work airborne the footstool is way to hard to land for it to become a combo and once again you get to much altitude off of the footstool

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
So why haven't Fox's tried uses their shine to cancel the full rise of a footstool (without footstool shining) and then using a weak aerial (possibly a weak hit of Dair or Nair) to lock someone on the ground. After that, if you can truly footstool out of Utilt, you can do it again for quite a while. Just when they get close enough to the utilt hitting too high, semi-charged Usmash or fsmash will deal quite an agreeable amount of damage. Fox falls fast enough that this seems plausible.

Also, even if you can't lock them, the Dair would probably be guaranteed. If done correctly, this SHOULD combo into something, or at least put Fox into a very advantageous position.

BTW, R00kie, I'm not mad at you, LOL.

718_ROOKI3

Smash Lord
Nana locking Snake's all over New York City
So why haven't Fox's tried uses their shine to cancel the full rise of a footstool (without footstool shining) and then using a weak aerial (possibly a weak hit of Dair or Nair) to lock someone on the ground. After that, if you can truly footstool out of Utilt, you can do it again for quite a while. Just when they get close enough to the utilt hitting too high, semi-charged Usmash or fsmash will deal quite an agreeable amount of damage. Fox falls fast enough that this seems plausible.

Also, even if you can't lock them, the Dair would probably be guaranteed. If done correctly, this SHOULD combo into something, or at least put Fox into a very advantageous position.

This whole u-tilt to footstool thing seems like ehhhh but ima look into all this and really experiment see if there is something

And Pierce i still <3 you. Don't act like idk you ***** Shadow last week XDXDXDXD

SnowballBob33

Smash Ace
OH WASSUP SAVIOR. I know who you are now, I didn't know at first

So about this fox infinite thing, how do we footstool them, with utilt?

Uzima (Uzi)

Smash Lord
hasnt this been freaking tested yet
-.-

if this seriously hasnt been checked out there is something seriously wrong with all the fox mains

Veggi

Smash Champion
The shine would have to be delayed a bit so it didn't automatically hit them out of a footstool, which is managable. I think we should drop the drill because it isn't guaranteed until later percents and at those percents, they might be too high for a footstool. Weak nair should probably be used instead because it causes a lock effect and a forced stand up.

up tilt>footstool>slightly delayed shine>fast falled nair>repeat until they are about to go too high>ftilt lock and then bam up smash death

That's the best I can think of anyway, maybe ftilt lock might have to be replaced with shffnair lock, but that looks hard.

I don't think up tilt has enough hitstun for a footstool, does it? : /

Sukai

Smash Champion

Unavoidably, the down air will be fast falled this way, down air combos best if the last hit gets in. So, in a nutshell, it may not combo since down air ends early using this method. I doubt it would work at higher percentages either, because up tilt launches them further and hitstun says "Can't let you do that, StarFox!", so no footstool.
If your lucky, you may be able to get a grab in, but people are getting smart with SDI, making sure they get behind Fox, as improbable as it already is, they avoid such opportunities being taken.
Plus luck isn't a tournament viable approach.

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
The problem is that utilt > footstool doesn't work reliably, due to % and knockback with DI...

if it did, Nair is the better choice, since Fox has a weak nair lock...

utilt just isn't reliable here, so the whole thing goes pretty bust.

saviorslegacy

My avater is not a Sheik avatar.
OH WASSUP SAVIOR. I know who you are now, I didn't know at first

So about this fox infinite thing, how do we footstool them, with utilt?
Well it was just a guess. I can see a couple other characters having good footstool combo's to. However I have little time to test since my main comes first, but seeing as I alt Fox I thought I would give a hint on what he could do.

The rest I will tend to later.

you didn't recognize me... T-T

KheldarVII

Smash Ace
NNID
redKheld
Fox's U-tilt ends way too late for you to combo with a footstool so it's never been a huge integration.

Toronto Joe

Smash Master
footstool > shine to stop momentum > drop weak nair hit > down angled ftilt across the stage (you can mix in weak nairs) > charge up smash

^^ this is what fiction discovered, Pierce this is what you sorta had in mind

Uzima (Uzi)

Smash Lord
Im taking a look into this right now, i'll tell ya what i find out

EDIT: its pointless, they can airdodge LONG before you even can jump.

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
Unavoidably, the down air will be fast falled this way, down air combos best if the last hit gets in. So, in a nutshell, it may not combo since down air ends early using this method. I doubt it would work at higher percentages either, because up tilt launches them further and hitstun says "Can't let you do that, StarFox!", so no footstool.
If your lucky, you may be able to get a grab in, but people are getting smart with SDI, making sure they get behind Fox, as improbable as it already is, they avoid such opportunities being taken.
Plus luck isn't a tournament viable approach.
I get lucky all the time in tourney, lol. Also, you can absolutely slow fall Dair after shine. It's super easy. Just continue holding Down after you shine, and release B, and hit A, lol.

The problem is that utilt > footstool doesn't work reliably, due to % and knockback with DI...

if it did, Nair is the better choice, since Fox has a weak nair lock...

utilt just isn't reliable here, so the whole thing goes pretty bust.
Running isn't reliable. You don't need completely reliable tactics all the time. You need Aces in the hole. You're Fox. You should know this.

footstool > shine to stop momentum > drop weak nair hit > down angled ftilt across the stage (you can mix in weak nairs) > charge up smash

^^ this is what fiction discovered, Pierce this is what you sorta had in mind
Fiction is a genius, and debugged mad footstool stuff before all of us.

Im taking a look into this right now, i'll tell ya what i find out

EDIT: its pointless, they can airdodge LONG before you even can jump.
Useful to know. Have you experimented with Falling Uair at low percents? I know it doesn't have much lag, and Fox jumps pretty quickly.

DarkAura

Smash Lord
ok CALM DOWN EVERY ONE! ive been testing this the entire time and it's not gonna work the utilt footstool thing just doesnt work and the shine to stop momentum still uses up to much time

im gonna try and find some way of making this work or atleast something like it

Top Bottom