• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fox Crash Lands in Brawl while Fire Emblem Strikes up an Orchestra.

Syde7

The Sultan of Smut
NNID
syde_7
The point might have been brought up earlier, but i dont feel like pouring through like 5 pages of replies. So...

Anyway, i noticed that fox's shine was triggered and then he 'threw' it infront of him. I was just wondering, if its feasible to bring up the idea that maybe his shine is somehow different in Brawl. Maybe he has to sort of take it out, and toss it in front of him, thus slowing the move down-- making a lag of sorts and essentially neutralizing it as an effective offensive weapon. I took a look back at the FOX SPECIAL MOVES, and the subtitle was "take it out to initiate the Reflector" and if you look at the pic, you see the reflector somewhat in front of him. Does that, coupled with this new video give room for one to assume that the move is no longer 'instant' ?

Yomon

Smash Apprentice
lucario_user: Yes, you'll get updates at 3AM now if you originally got them at 4AM.

Basically, if you turned your clock back because you were supposed to on Sunday (yesterday), then you'll be seeing the updates an hour earlier. <_<

Finally, I can get to bed before 1AM. Unless those updates that come up two hours lateer than normal pop up again (darn you Ike!!!)

peach-man

Smash Journeyman
The sweet, sweet land of sweet, sweet, chocolate,
The point might have been brought up earlier, but i dont feel like pouring through like 5 pages of replies. So...

Anyway, i noticed that fox's shine was triggered and then he 'threw' it infront of him. I was just wondering, if its feasible to bring up the idea that maybe his shine is somehow different in Brawl. Maybe he has to sort of take it out, and toss it in front of him, thus slowing the move down-- making a lag of sorts and essentially neutralizing it as an effective offensive weapon. I took a look back at the FOX SPECIAL MOVES, and the subtitle was "take it out to initiate the Reflector" and if you look at the pic, you see the reflector somewhat in front of him. Does that, coupled with this new video give room for one to assume that the move is no longer 'instant' ?
Sorry to shatter that theorie, since it's not a bad on, but if you watched the demo movies, you should've seen that the shine is activated very fast and that is covers his whole body.
It's basicly the same as in melee

NukeA6

Smash Master
I would agree there, I still wonder, when Metaknight will begin to fight for the good side...
Maybe Metaknight is already on the good side? Just because his ship is causing trouble doesn't mean he is the one doing it.

Metaknight is not even a villain.

Takeshi245

Smash Champion
Just saw the whole update. Fox was a beast and the Fire Emblem music was pleasing to hear. There are still questions left unanswered...

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
That cinematic was beautiful.

Though any tournament melee player would have liked to see fox shine infinate the dragon instead of using the laggy reflector version of the shine..

I mean what if you reflect it but the dragon just shorthops over it, and you didnt JC the shine so you're lagging!!! :O

Fox... nerfed for brawl, looks quite awesome in cinematics Ill give him that! :)

Kind of sad to see my main brought down from god to just average, especially when metaknight is so broken, but this is not the thread to whine about that :p

TidalSpiral

Smash Journeyman
I feel out of it. Not being a Pokemon fan at all, I saw that giant thing come out of the water and was like "it's a cybernetic Nessie!". :D Anyway I thought that was all pretty cool... especially keeping Fox in character as being the saviour to others.

limitbreak

Smash Ace
I just realised that it would have been even cooler if fox would of grabbed Diddy instead of just knocking him free.

prettymanfairy

Smash Lord
Well, he did have a 'knife' fight with kirby
I know he aided kirby, but only because he practicly had no choice.
I don't know the exact reason, ask some kirby fans
That's why I said that it wasn't sarcasm, cuz he doesn't want the world to be destroid
Meta Knight was evil in only one game. Every other game he's been in he's been on the side of good. When you fight him in a game it's usually to prevent Kirby from doing something stupid...like say...open a treasure chest with a monster inside. Meta Knight is an anti hero...he seems evil, but he means well.

NukeA6

Smash Master
Meta Knight was evil in only one game.
That game is Kirby Super Star and he wasn't evil. He just wanted to end Dreamland's lazy lifestyle.

The only time Metaknight was evil was not actually but some evil clone in Magic Mirror.

Frogla

Smash Ace
Two Things

1. Rayquazza is a awesome boss, but quit talking like there will only be one pokemon boss. I expect Darkria or Lugia. I mean you expect more Mario bosses than just Petey dont you. we still need King Boo or Wiggler.
2. One reason too Fox not talking is that Diddy doesn't speak English.:laugh:

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
srry, but what does condenscending mean?? (o_0)

I mean to say you missed my point, I was making a joke.

but your response was to tell me to watch the demo videos, kind of like saying that I hadnt seen em!

and condenscending means like talking down to someone.

Im not offended or anything man, Im just foolin. :)

The cinematic was amazing looking! Wow.. for real, good job to whoever made it.

BrianM

Smash Journeyman
Anyone that doesn't like the Fire Emblem music is off their rockers. We need "Together We Ride" to return again though. That was one of the main reasons when I was a smash n00b that I liked Temple in the first place.

Ferro De Lupe

Smash Lord
I'm calling it now (though someone else may have also called it because I'm not going through 12 pages of psts to find out.)

Bowser/DK team.

Donkey_Kong

Smash Cadet
That cinematic was beautiful.

Though any tournament melee player would have liked to see fox shine infinate the dragon instead of using the laggy reflector version of the shine..

I mean what if you reflect it but the dragon just shorthops over it, and you didnt JC the shine so you're lagging!!! :O

Fox... nerfed for brawl, looks quite awesome in cinematics Ill give him that! :)

Kind of sad to see my main brought down from god to just average, especially when metaknight is so broken, but this is not the thread to whine about that :p

Okay, THIS is why I hate tournament players.

You know how Harry Potter fans read parodies, and they're like "lol that's so cool but i would have rather Harry go flippendo and cast a magic firefart into Hermione's ear canal like in book 28 chapter 4 page 9 because in book 4 he gained the ability to cast firefart into ear canals and it would make a great reference lolol"? All that geeky ****?

Yeah. This sounds five times worse.

Dylan, I know you're the best Melee player ever in the world and that your power level exceeds maximum, but please. Never, EVER mention those god**** exploits in a conversation about the cutscenes.

Ever.

EVER.

MetaKnight'sSword

Smash Lord

Okay, THIS is why I hate tournament players.

You know how Harry Potter fans read parodies, and they're like "lol that's so cool but i would have rather Harry go flippendo and cast a magic firefart into Hermione's ear canal like in book 28 chapter 4 page 9 because in book 4 he gained the ability to cast firefart into ear canals and it would make a great reference lolol"? All that geeky ****?

Yeah. This sounds five times worse.

Dylan, I know you're the best Melee player ever in the world and that your power level exceeds maximum, but please. Never, EVER mention those god**** exploits in a conversation about the cutscenes.

Ever.

EVER.
dam...that was well said...I give u 8 bananas, Meta Knight's Sword: Galaxia, and Peach's Novelty Frying pan (^^)v

Top Bottom