• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fox Crash Lands in Brawl while Fire Emblem Strikes up an Orchestra.

Kittah4

Smash Ace
Haha, the update still reads "and evil hand"

Anyway, I'm confused as to why Rayquaza would attack poor Diddy and Fox, but then I got to thinking, hey, maybe it just thinks they're some new Pokemon. After all, the legendaries violently attack other animals and not trainers...

And nice music too, I do hope there's a remix of the other song from Melee, Together We Ride! or whatever.

Smash Ace
my stupid school filter blocks the site. this calls for bypassing to see the win.
=2007=

RatherDashing42

Smash Rookie
A 4th generation pokemon (correct me if I'm wrong, I'm not a pokemon fanatic) attacks Diddy Kong, who is saved by a kick @$$ Fox McCloud...absolutely amazing. Out of all the new additions they're adding to Brawl, the Subspace Emissary is my favorite, for the single reason that they're taking all these famous Nintendo (and some non-Nintendo) characters and not only sticking them in a battlefield against each other, but incorporating them together beautifully in an intricate storyline. Love it, love it, love it.

peach-man

Smash Journeyman
The sweet, sweet land of sweet, sweet, chocolate,
In mine, too!
even in Belgium they block they site!
It must be insanely popular if even boring old nagging teachers know the site.

anyway, this rocks
when Sakurai said "an evil hand", I thought that Master/Crazy Hand were confirmed as bosses XD. Wich wouldn't have surprised me actually (-.-'), since they're an smash icon.

@ Rather: SE isn't actually new, it's just a very very expanded version of Adventure.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
A 4th generation pokemon (correct me if I'm wrong, I'm not a pokemon fanatic) attacks Diddy Kong, who is saved by a kick @$$ Fox McCloud...absolutely amazing. Out of all the new additions they're adding to Brawl, the Subspace Emissary is my favorite, for the single reason that they're taking all these famous Nintendo (and some non-Nintendo) characters and not only sticking them in a battlefield against each other, but incorporating them together beautifully in an intricate storyline. Love it, love it, love it.
3rd generation

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
We do get a sense of how big the actual SSE World is. Fox's position is related to the main cast (kirby, peach, etc) because as Peach and Kirby get blasted off the Halberd, it also shoots at Fox's arwing which we see is hit and must land. If Fox landed pretty much below where he was hit, this means that DK and Diddy are on the ground (doing their story) right below where everyone is fighting above them.

Phred

Smash Journeyman
Pretty cool.
If it weren't for that video of Fox being shot down by the Halberd, you would think that Fox and Rayquaza had just shot each other down. It would explain the attacking the Arwing.

So Diddy and Fox doing... something? A boss battle seems kind of likely. I wonder if tomorrow will reveal anything...

Sailyfee

Smash Apprentice
Haha, Fox used his taunt at the ending. Rayquaza really surprised me. This gives me the feeling that a lot of Nintendo is gonna central around this game.

Fanewgie

Smash Ace
Probably the first Subspace movie since Petey's unvieling that I approve of. I can only assume we'll get an orange Rayquaza update this week...

Fox needs voice acting though. Unlike most of Nintendo's heros, he is NOT a mute.

I'm still not huge on the Fire Emblem music. It sounded godawful in video clips of the demo, and it at least sounds a little better here, but it still sounds over-the-top and pressured.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
Fox needs voice acting though. Unlike most of Nintendo's heros, he is NOT a mute.
True that.
There are a few characters that need voice talent. Not everyone needs to have speeches, but it should extend past simple grunts and yelps and monosylabic expressions.

~Can Survive with Grunts/Yelps/Monosylabic Expressions~
Pit (v)
Samus/ZSS
Diddy Kong
Donkey Kong
Kirby
King Dedede
Lucas
Ness**
Link
Zelda/Sheik**
Ganondorf** (v)
Yoshi
Bowser
Ice Climbers
Squirtle/Ivysaur/Charizard
Pikachu
Jigglypuff**
Mr. Game & Watch**

~Minimal Spoken Dialogue~
Mario
Peach
Wario
Luigi**
Meta Knight (v)
Pokemon Trainer

~Some Instances Spoken Dialogue~
Ike
Marth**
Lucario*
Mewtwo**

~Should Never Shut Up~
Fox
Falco**
Sonic
Snake

---------------------------------------------
* = Assuming they will be newcomers
** = Assuming they return
(Characters I noted with *'s are characters that I'm almost certain will be in Brawl)
(v) = Could fit into the next category down
---------------------------------------------

Sky-Kitsune

Smash Apprentice
One of my favorite music updates, but I felt the movie was a little to random. I was suprised to see Raquaza, especially popping out of a lake to attack Diddy randomly like that. I agree with Fanewgie about muting Fox's voice, I was expecting him at least to say 'Lets go' or something along those words?

Mike87

Smash Ace
One of my favorite music updates, but I felt the movie was a little to random. I was suprised to see Raquaza, especially popping out of a lake to attack Diddy randomly like that. I agree with Fanewgie about muting Fox's voice, I was expecting him at least to say 'Lets go' or something along those words?
I thought he'd say something as well.

The Music sounds OK though.

GOTM

Smash Champion
thats hilarious how the shine destroyed rayquaza, lol.

that just shows how amazing and broken it is in melee, ;)

Yomon

Smash Apprentice
I really enjoyed the FE music. I like really like orchestrated songs, so yeah, that's probably why.

The video was great too! I found it funny how perfect the "over 9000" joke fits in with Fox turning around and turning on his scanner-thing with Diddy in the background.

Yup! Great update! Also, 11PM > 12AM! Yay, daylight savings.

Desruprot

Smash Lord
What did fox do to get out of the Arwing, or did he just jump, there must have been a ejection seat still functional after the hit...

Vortok

Smash Journeyman
Shine accurately reflecting at angles = confirmed? Don't think it ever happened in Melee, but considering the Super Scope can now be angled up and down... Good physics.
Thought it reflected stuff at angles in Melee (like items, Yoshi Eggs, etc.) but I may just be thinking the capes. Also, the vid doesn't prove anything. In the vid, the shine only goes in front of Fox but in-game we know it covers all sides of him.

And lol at people trying to reason what move it was (among other things) as if this is a Pokemon game. It's already been shown that Smash doesn't care about type matching (Shadow Ball hits Jigglypuff). And doesn't shining something increase it's power.... or am I thinking of something different? Pretty sure it was the shine. CG video =/ gameplay.

And as I said in another thread. The entire point of the vid was comedic relief from Diddy and Fox to say "I'm still top tier, *****es!"

peach-man

Smash Journeyman
The sweet, sweet land of sweet, sweet, chocolate,
And doesn't shining something increase it's power.... or am I thinking of something different? Pretty sure it was the shine. CG video =/ gameplay.

And as I said in another thread. The entire point of the vid was comedic relief from Diddy and Fox to say "I'm still top tier, *****es!"
It doesn't always increase power; peach's turnips do only bout 2 damage when it is reflected.
A funny fact is that turnips still hit after being shielded, reflected,... :)
Makes for some funny accidental combos that are almost unfair but so hilarious XD

Top Bottom