• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A -Fox Advice/Questions Topic-

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
I think proper wavelanding makes a disgustingly huge difference.
I have/had a bad habit of rolling after I over extend with an empty hop
Wavelanding backwards while facing the enemy is so much better

Rolling is a disgusting habit lol
Easy now, don't knock the roll. At the very least it's a better defensive option than sidestepping. Insider exclusive: Unknown used to spaaaam roll back in the day haha.

Btw, good **** winning at that tourny Otto. Jman whats good. Yeah, the OG Foxes are back (for real this time).

Geez

Smash Cadet
Easy now, don't knock the roll. At the very least it's a better defensive option than sidestepping. Insider exclusive: Unknown used to spaaaam roll back in the day haha.

Btw, good **** winning at that tourny Otto. Jman whats good. Yeah, the OG Foxes are back (for real this time).
Yea we back in the building lml now I got to get a GameCube controller and a GameCube lol

:phone:

Vegard

Smash Lord
alright so I'm sick of getting caught up on platforms vs Marths, and is wondering how and when I can crouch cancel tech on uptilts and other attacks from other characters?

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
alright so I'm sick of getting caught up on platforms vs Marths, and is wondering how and when I can crouch cancel tech on uptilts and other attacks from other characters?
Hold down, press L
Although a lot of the time you can roll or something and buffer jump out
Or shield the uptilt shielddrop bair them if you're Wenbones

voorhese

Smash Master
Hold down, press L
I always want to remember to try to CC the uptilt from marth on platforms and then buffer a jump, but I NEVER DO =/

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
If you CC Marth's utilt you should pick a direction and dash off the platform immediately (into bair if it will hit). Last thing you want to do is jump and stay above Marth. Doing that wastes the escape opportunity provided by the CC.

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
O ok that's wassup i got a lot of respect for both of them..I might be makeing a come back so they better watch out ;)

with EVO coming up this is definitely the time to do it. idk if you've been to EVO in recent years but that **** is HYYYYYYPE

Plus it's in VEGAS BABY

edit: btw speaking of making comebacks, the one and only SS is bout to be back in this. you heard it here first

on the topic of marth under you on plats: if youll roll to the edge of the platform from laying down, you can hold down and off the platform and sometimes be grounded then fall off and be able to air dodge/attack. he might have to utilt a certain way though.

unknown522

Some guy
Yeah depends on which direction he is facing when he u-tilts usually. There's certain types of DI you can do to try to make yourself slide off, cuz of how the u-tilt sends you inwards towards him, so you need to DI with the hit usually.

Marths need to learn to u-air to prevent this, but meh.

Medz!

Smash Journeyman
I wanted to know if shinegrab is faster than samus's upb. Does anybody know the frame data on this?

Bones0

Smash Legend
Rolling is better then side stepping ill tell u that

Tell that to Samus players. lol

Hold down, press L
lol YES. We should team just so we can use that as our name.

I wanted to know if shinegrab is faster than samus's upb. Does anybody know the frame data on this?
I doubt it. I think you can buffer rolls out of Falco's shine-grab, and Fox's shine has way less stun, and up-B OoS is faster than rolling. I don't think it works in theory, and definitely not in practice because Samus players up-B OoS after shines all day. You're playing their game at that point. I would just double shine if I found myself shining on their shield (though you should just be avoiding that situation entirely imo).

Medz!

Smash Journeyman
Yeah definitely. But it was just an option I was considering to deal with a shielding samus so I wouldnt get up b'd.

Bones0

Smash Legend
Okay, yeah, I would just stick to fading away with an early aerial (with or without a double shine). You can probably get away with some shine-grabs, but it's definitely not reliable, that's all.

Geez

Smash Cadet
Lol vs Martha it's so eazy unless its like m2k

Just got to go all out on him space your **** and your good

Just mix up your Approaches and you **** him up

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
2013 Samus players have so many tricks. I'm trying to change my ways and play safer, so lasers / bair all day looooong

and fthrow because they shield like crazy

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
against bowser, shine clashes (clanks, whatever people call it) with his up-B so if you were godlike you could theoretically multishine their shield enough to get past the hitboxes of the up-B, then punish it. samus's up-B eats your shine though so it wouldn't work

Anand

Smash Journeyman
I think they also have to go through at least one frame of jumpsquat, so if you get the hard read, you can shine them then. :p

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
OH YEAH

I forgot to say, it's actually feasible to shinegrab vs. Bowser's shield, have the shine clank, and the grab connect. Like I think this works even outside of super theory bros. IDK if it's "good" or whatever but if you're fighting a Bowser then it's probably friendlies (unless you live in WA but then if you're reading this you're probably otto so you don't need any help beating gimpy anyway) so you might as well go for da swag.

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
Hey Fox mains, what should I practice when playing this character? How can I get a tournament ready Fox? I mainly play Brawl, so I am new to Melee, but I would like to be decently proficient w/ this character. Tips anyone?

Bones0

Smash Legend
Hey Fox mains, what should I practice when playing this character? How can I get a tournament ready Fox? I mainly play Brawl, so I am new to Melee, but I would like to be decently proficient w/ this character. Tips anyone?
You really just have to crank out that tech skill. There isn't much anyone can say to help you if you can't implement it. Watch the Advanced How To Play videos on YouTube, and practice each technique until you would bet your mother's life on your ability to do it on the first try.

Top Bottom