• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A -Fox Advice/Questions Topic-

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Toph i tried posting about having similar results with drill not long ago, and everyone was pretty much telling me I was awful and that I must have been ultra predictable with my drills 100% of the time. Sure i'm not the best player in the world but I know the difference between being mindraped and not.

Toph i tried posting about having similar results with drill not long ago, and everyone was pretty much telling me I was awful and that I must have been ultra predictable with my drills 100% of the time. Sure i'm not the best player in the world but I know the difference between being mindraped and not.
if it was vs ganon or samus im pretty sure people would have backed u up lol

Bing

Smash Master
I remember this actually lol

:phone:

unknown522

Some guy
Lol, I'm controller screwed for impulse now. Half the time the controller doesn't function while it's pluggged in (like as if it's disconnected while it's in).

That controller isn't very good anyway, but is by far the best one I have ATM.

BrahmenNoodles

Smash Cadet
dat first post :o

I was messin' around with cancelling shine today, mostly shining then using the control stick instead of Y to jump, then shining again as fast as I could. During a particularly odd timing of doing this, I shined, cancelled and apparently miss-timed the b click, initiating the b up attack. This had of course happened several times before, but unlike the other times, in this instance the b up attack did not continue/complete. There were a few frames of it beginning with the fire and what not, how many I do not know. It ended long before it would have reached the fly in a direction stage, going straight in to another shine.

Basically, the effect was a rather quickly cancelled b up attack. The only type of cancelled b up attack I had ever seen before was when grabbing an edge. I don't know if/doubt if it has any practical applications, I'm just curious if it's a one off oddity or related to some known technique :cool: Lastly, I can't seem to replicate it.

Bones0

Smash Legend
dat first post :o

I was messin' around with cancelling shine today, mostly shining then using the control stick instead of Y to jump, then shining again as fast as I could. During a particularly odd timing of doing this, I shined, cancelled and apparently miss-timed the b click, initiating the b up attack. This had of course happened several times before, but unlike the other times, in this instance the b up attack did not continue/complete. There were a few frames of it beginning with the fire and what not, how many I do not know. It ended long before it would have reached the fly in a direction stage, going straight in to another shine.

Basically, the effect was a rather quickly cancelled b up attack. The only type of cancelled b up attack I had ever seen before was when grabbing an edge. I don't know if/doubt if it has any practical applications, I'm just curious if it's a one off oddity or related to some known technique :cool: Lastly, I can't seem to replicate it.
There's no way to cancel up-B outside of grabbing the ledge. You probably just aimed down towards the ground and didn't notice the little bounce.

Warhawk

Smash Lord
My friend once was screwing around with the UFO on Fourside and did a sliding up-b as Fox as the UFO disappeared and Fox rocketed off with the up-b but his fire didn't follow with him or something. Weird stuff.

BrahmenNoodles

Smash Cadet
There's no way to cancel up-B outside of grabbing the ledge. You probably just aimed down towards the ground and didn't notice the little bounce.
I'm positive there was no bounce though, it simply didn't last long enough nor display any of the expected hitting-the-ground animation. Heck, there wasn't even the "kiyah" sound.

Shame I didn't have it recorded, I tried for about 10 minutes to repeat it but had no luck. As odd as it seems, it really seemed to be a one-off phenomena.

Coffeeblack

Smash Journeyman
new meta!!!

edit: ryan i have a spare controller i might be able to get my hands on. i can prob let you borrow it for impulse if need be. last i checked its perfect

BrahmenNoodles

Smash Cadet
I don't think Fox yells when you up-B into the ground.
He does. Regardless of the direction/time until impact, Fox makes the "kiyah" sound (sometimes a simpler "hah" sound) with a complete b-up. This whole thing lasted no longer than, possibly less than b-up being cancelled by grabbing an edge, and likewise had no vocalizations from fox.

weon - X

Smash Ace
Unknown522 posting:

@ lovage: I randomly stumbled upon a vid of me comboing out of u-tilt from u-throw on falco at 20%. I jabbed though sadly with the Z button....

http://www.twitch.tv/styc/b/320198562

it's around 43:50

edit: Also at 54:10, I combo u-throw -> u-tilt -> u-smash at 11% (granted he was out of hitstun, but I think it sort of combo'd because of his landing lag).

Bing

Smash Master
Ryan I also just got my hands on a decent controller. You can try it. You might find it a bit too stiff but I really like it
Also level 9 tactics; falcon avoiding d tilt by using up tilt lmao

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
I feel like I've definitely had times where I jab on accident when I want to grab <_<
Usually I feel like it has something to do with holding down, where I CC jab instead of CC grab

unknown522

Some guy
They're not bad. Well run. Good recording. Commentary was ok. Nice people. Phenomimal housing! Etc.

But what sucks for styc 2 and 3 was that almost half the entrants were from ontario (a lot of their locals flopped each time).

Divinokage

Smash Legend
You Canadians and your Timbits.

Smooth Criminal
Let me tell you the story.

We were on the bus on the way to my place and the subject came up somehow that I used to work at Tim Hortons for a month and that I didn't really like it. But then it got to the point where I learned to make my donuts. I slam the donut into the chocolate dip so it becomes super chocolaty. You know because everything has to be epic! And then the way I made my timbits is that I crush those donuts with all the strength of my hand and then timbits fell out. There's no other possible way to make them otherwise!

Top Bottom