• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A -Fox Advice/Questions Topic-

fox94

Smash Rookie
is there any good moves 2 use 2 kill peach quicker because my bro plays as peach and young link can u give me good moves 2 pwn him pls:urg:

Shai Hulud

Smash Lord
I searched this thread, and I couldn't find an answer... can you drillshine infinite any characters against a wall that you cannot just waveshine infinite? Or are there any that make a huge difference or are a lot easier?

Noobmaster -- Multi-shining, do you mean not leaving the ground or multi-shining against a wall?
If it's not leaving the ground, you hit jump and then B (I just hold down through the whole thing), but the catch is you hit B 4 frames after you hit Y (or x). I'm sure there's a few more frames because shine lets you fall a small bit, but not too many more than 4 [anyone have the exact number of open frames?].
There is exactly one frame to do press B in a multishine. If you are too early, Fox just sits there, and if you are too late, he jumps before shining.

And I think you hit B two frames after, not four, but don't quote me on that part. I tested this on my friend's AR at one point but I don't have it myself. Because Fox is in the air on frame 4, right? But if you press a button on frame 3 it takes effect on frame 4. So you have

frame 1 - jump
frame 2 ---
frame 3 --- shine
frame 4 --- shine comes out

I should be getting AR soon so I will try to confirm this when that happens.

wexs883198215

Smash Cadet
Um.....I am having a lot of trouble avoiding Captain Falcon. It seems like I never have time to get back up before he knees me to oblivion
Any tips?

Press22

Smash Journeyman
Ok, I need serious help. I want all the tips you have on shorthoppin and SHFFLing
also How can I speed up my fox, and fix my roll spams.
I would really appreciate it, Thanks. yadiig?

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Ok, I need serious help. I want all the tips you have on shorthoppin and SHFFLing
also How can I speed up my fox, and fix my roll spams.
I would really appreciate it, Thanks. yadiig?
All we can tell you is to practice. There is no secret way to do it you just have to spend time perfecting it.

wexs883198215 said:
Um.....I am having a lot of trouble avoiding Captain Falcon. It seems like I never have time to get back up before he knees me to oblivion
Any tips?
Are you talking about when he edgeguards you or when you are hit onto the ground?

For edgeguarding..falcon can edgeguard fox pretty easily. I reccomend riding really close to the wall and be ready to tech..otherwise try and sweetspot the ledge quickly before he can run off with an uair..

As for when he hits you down..falcon is really got a tech chasing because of his amazing dashdance. You just have to try and not be predictible with the way you tech.

Be more specific and we can help more >_>.

wexs883198215

Smash Cadet
well...my friend actually isn't that good at the edgeguarding part. Sometimes, once he gets a D-air, its hard to get away. Also, when I'm approaching in the air, I usually miss time the shine or something and get comboed for major damage.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
well...my friend actually isn't that good at the edgeguarding part. Sometimes, once he gets a D-air, its hard to get away. Also, when I'm approaching in the air, I usually miss time the shine or something and get comboed for major damage.
..You really need to work on l-cancling then. Fox ***** falcon pretty easily as long as you are good at avoiding him. Try dashdancing and fox troting more and grabs help a lot. When you approach I suggest either nair or dair into shine then waveshine grab upthrow and depending on the damage and how he DI's uptilt/upsmash/uair/bair. A lot of times if you upthrow at moderatly high % you can bair and then FF back to the ground and hit him with a nair before he lands which will usually take him off the stage.

When you get dair'ed one of 4 things are going to happen depending on your damage. You are either going to be grabbed, Falcon Punched(probably not),nair'ed, or he is going to uair you. I would reccomend DIing away if you thing he is going to knee and if he does go for the knee then DI twoards him and up.

Goldkirby

Smash Ace
Jus wondering how do u DSHL? and is it really that useful?
slide your thumb from y -> b so that it hits b right after you jump, then quickly press b again. No, it is not that useful, it's mostly for showing off. A normal SHL is more efficient, and safer.

SCOTU

Smash Hero
When a falco dthrows fox, he just stands out of the throw, is there a particular direction fox faces when this happens? becuase i just now thought that maybe falco could dthrow fox, and fox could immediately uthrow falco. thanx.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
When a falco dthrows fox, he just stands out of the throw, is there a particular direction fox faces when this happens? becuase i just now thought that maybe falco could dthrow fox, and fox could immediately uthrow falco. thanx.
Fox faces Falco IIRC and since fox has a frame advantage after the dthrow then I guess it would definitly be possible although falcos shine would come out before fox's grab if he decided to shine so it might not work that well. The falco could also buffer a spotdodge.

SCOTU

Smash Hero
ok, but if fox DI's to the side (behind falco), and dsmashes, it might work. i'm just speculating options here, i usually just shine when a falco dthrows me, just thinking of new stuff.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I don't think that fox will end up behind falco >_>...

Goldkirby

Smash Ace
We need to sticky one of the "How to waveshine" threads, only make it in all caps, because it seems like every few days someone makes a thread asking how to waveshine.

If they don't pay attention to this topic, theirs not too big of a chance they'll care about one like that :p
Theirs enough stickied threads in Fox Specific.

Kirakitsune

Smash Apprentice
I'm not sure if this has been answered, I tried searching the thread and didn't see anything that I liked so...

How do you use SHL or SHDL effectively with fox? It's awesome with falco because of the stun, but I don't know when to use it with fox. I know it's to add safe damage, but when in my game should I add it? When the opponent is approaching? When I'm standing far away?

SCOTU

Smash Hero
you should use it to gain control of the match.
Use them when they are far away and can't out projectile you.
More importantly, move around with it, shl/ rshl back and forth, this makes them come to you, and gives you a bit of unpredictability (if used correctly), you're jumping up and down, you can throw in a shffl/ circle jump when opportunities arise.
The shl's main use is to move around and gain control.
The shdl's main use is to be away from them and to saturation bomb the stage w/ lasers.

RedYoshi92

Smash Lord
yes he is.

I know this is going to sound cheap but What I do is spam the Firefox until I get Giga Bowser at around 130% then I usmash or uair him until all of his stock r gone.Then I can take on Mew2 and Ganon pretty easily.

SCOTU

Smash Hero
Ha, double post! but they're a day appart. does pivoting have any use in fox's playstyle? I've heard it has uses in chain throwing as well.

Goldkirby

Smash Ace
Ha, double post! but they're a day appart. does pivoting have any use in fox's playstyle? I've heard it has uses in chain throwing as well.
I think if a falco DI's correctly around 20-30ish percent, you can only regrab if you pivot. So yeah, it has uses, and good thing it is in one of fox's most common match-ups.

Mcscruff

Smash Ace
Silent Wolf, I need advice against jiggs. How do I get past the wall of pain with the least amount of damage? Also, which way do I DI when jigglypuff tries to utilt-rest me? Is it better to DI forward or back?
Any help would be appreciated.

Silent Wolf, I need advice against jiggs. How do I get past the wall of pain with the least amount of damage? Also, which way do I DI when jigglypuff tries to utilt-rest me? Is it better to DI forward or back?
Any help would be appreciated.
You should just laser the Puff when she's using wall of pain. if they don't stop...they get damage from lasers :D
Also, after the first bair, you can full hop nair and land on them.

Di the rest whichever way she's not resting you towards. try to look at which part of the Puff hits you, and DI the other way, and upwards. You could also try to tech roll on a platform whehn flying, or if they rest you late after the utilt, you might even be able to smash DI down and tech the rest.

ZeroP

Smash Apprentice
so i saw a run or walk to the edge but close before the edge fox or falco turn in the other direction and then they hold the edge...is that working with full speed runnning?

is my english correct?XD

What is the best way to keep the cg going? Do you u-tilt them, then regrab?
Pivoting doesn't help that much in that case lol. utilt, uair. then lasers i guess. w/e
so i saw a run or walk to the edge but close before the edge fox or falco turn in the other direction and then they hold the edge...is that working with full speed runnning?

is my english correct?XD
It won't work with a full run, but you can pivot and do it. not really useful, but w/e.

TwilightKing

Smash Cadet
Is it weird that I can Drillshine Flatland Infinite a Link during a match but I can't waveshine infinite them?

At first I thought I was the length of my wavedash until I made my angle lower( exactly between Down and Left /right on the analog) but faster and I did it...So I thought I'd do it faster and It still did'nt work (at and Angle Almost parallel to the ground)
Now I'm thinking That its the Dodge delay after the jump. I play Mario and Marth So My Wavedash keeps changing up and every time I go back to fox I always remember there is a very short delay between the jump and the dodge BUT when you wavedash out of a shine there is even more delay because the game has to recognize the jump first...

How can I do it better?

Top Bottom