• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fourth and final community vote about Meta Knight.

Should Meta Knight be banned from competitive Brawl?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
You're entitled to your opinion, but don't make posts like that or you'll get an infraction.

Again.
man this site is infraction happy >.>

SORRY TO VYSE AND THE REST OF THE MODERATORS THAT HAVE TO READ MY SPAM

ban metaknight, dude's broken

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
I seriously dont see how zss has a advantage on snake? maybe cause i play bad ones.
edit sry double post man this board moves fast
It isn't a large advantage, and could be even, but she doesn't lose to Snake. This thread isn't about ZSS though. They're discussing the matchup right now on the Snake boards if you're interested.

lucha5

Banned via Warnings
It isn't a large advantage, and could be even, but she doesn't lose to Snake. This thread isn't about ZSS though. They're discussing the matchup right now on the Snake boards if you're interested.
k sry for replying off topic, but thanks ;d really need to check on my own boards mu:mad:

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
i'd give you that reason but i'd get infracted

ban metaknight, dude's broken

i always get a lot of infractions!
rofl!
*has an amazing imagination*

ban metaknight. he may not seem broken now, but he has broken potential.

AvaricePanda

Smash Lord
Actually, I wasn't talking about the entire match, I was just talking about Diddy's awesome edgeguarding using bananas and how cape can help Mario from a banana-edgeguarder. Although I do have to agree, the match as a whole is relatively even, and that cape is punishable. Let's just forget the subject and get back on the main point of this thread.
Ah. Sorry, it just sounded like you were saying that Mario could reflect bananas, ergo he won easily. I'll agree that the match-up is one of Diddy's more troublesome low-tier match-ups along with Jigglypuff, it's probably no worse for even for Diddy, but yeah.

@SFP:

The only thing more annoying than actually watching that match is reading the comments that say, "This is the future of Smash, huh?"

For one, that was from a semi-average at best sized tournament in the Midwest, and SCOTU played like that as a complete joke, and I believe he got 9th.

Secondly, MK is not the only character who can plank or air-camp. Hint, Wario, who has the best aerial DI in the game, aerials to punish for approaching. Heck, he's rewarded for camping because of his downB, which gets stronger over time. People make it seem as if MK is the only character who can play campy.

Thirdly, you can remedy this by simply approaching. Gasp, I know. Stop being afraid of being hit, play smart, and approach. While I'm not saying play recklessly, it honestly shouldn't take a minute and a half to space one aerial to attempt to make it safe.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
"The last post made on this thread was over a month ago" according to the little anti-necro warning.

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
I completely disagree with you, and if this is the conclusion the ZSS boards have come to in my absence, I'll have to fix that at some point. However, that's a discussion for another time.
Good players have come to this conclusion, reputable ones, and many D3 players agree. Snake is more controversial but ZSS/D3 is a solid 60/40.

"The last post made on this thread was over a month ago" according to the little anti-necro warning.
I just posted in the thread two days ago or less.

scorekid100

Smash Apprentice
I heard he has a really hard time beating fox, so much so that a top player using snake can lose to some random 8 year old.
I seriously doubt a Ally would lose to some random 8 year old fox. To be honest though I don't really know the snake/fox match up well(I play neither of them), but I doubt it would be so bad as to some random 8 year old beating a pro snake.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
You're entitled to your opinion, but don't make posts like that or you'll get an infraction.

Again.
Vyse, leader of the ward on Gaia. I love you, I really do, but please try to enforce the posts of even the more prominent people around here who clearly poke fun at others as well. Sometimes I notice that the mods conveniently skip over the posts of others that they should also enforce.

I know, random point is random, but it just irked me a little...

AvaricePanda

Smash Lord
rofl!
*has an amazing imagination*

ban metaknight. he may not seem broken now, but he has broken potential.
My goodness. How many times do I have to respond to this?

You do not ban something in the future when you have no evidence that it would even be a problem in the future.

"ICs COULD be broken in the FUTURE, so let's ban them now because they MIGHT be a problem LATER!"

If he doesn't seem broken now and there is no evidence to suggest that he is or will be, you don't ban him.

It's just logic.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
Good players have come to this conclusion, reputable ones, and many D3 players agree. Snake is more controversial but ZSS/D3 is a solid 60/40.
What good, reputable people say in a game where matchups are as subjective between players as they are characters means nothing to me. I also haven't seen good, reputable ZSS players even consistently beat good, reputable D3 / Snake players, either, which only cements my opinion of those matchups being even at best.

Melomaniacal

Smash Champion

You do not ban something in the future when you have no evidence that it would even be a problem in the future.

"ICs COULD be broken in the FUTURE, so let's ban them now because they MIGHT be a problem LATER!"

If he doesn't seem broken now and there is no evidence to suggest that he is or will be, you don't ban him.

It's just logic.
B-but... my bones are speaking to me, man. I feel it. Metaknight will become broken.

If the world ran on this logic, we would all literally be dead. Every one of us.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Vyse, leader of the ward on Gaia. I love you, I really do, but please try to enforce the posts of even the more prominent people around here who clearly poke fun at others as well. Sometimes I notice that the mods conveniently skip over the posts of others that they should also enforce.

I know, random point is random, but it just irked me a little...
They haven't been skipped over.

Most of the users on here being given warnings and infractions are being done so without announcing that they have been in the thread.

I just wanted to warn stingers in the thread rather than just deal an infraction since I'd already given him an infraction before.

I know when somebody is meaning to troll/flame, and Inui at the very least, isn't in my books. If you have a problem with somebody's posts, report them, and even if I don't think they're worth warning a user about, another mod will if they are so deserving.

xxCANDYxx

Smash Lord
i never knew there were so many dissillusioned ppl on smashboards -_-

honestly not to be mean...they should not let noobs vote...b/c that have absolutely no idea what there talking about...making a drastic move like banning a character should only be considered on whats happening at the top level of play....not random ppl playing

at top level of play...there are VERY few mks winning....m2k, anti, dojo, tyrant, judge

o no! 5 ppl are good with mk?!?!?!?!

ally me razer anti afro hrnut
boom....just from the top of my head 6 ppl snakes

i can go FOREVER on how many top players there are for other characters

and besides...snake is just as good if not BETTER than mk....mk is just an easier character to play

so you wanna ban mk? ok then what
then snake is gonna **** everything...iono if ppl noticed yet or not but mk was the only character that MIGHT go even with him....snake has the advantage over EVERYONE

he wins against DDD, wario, oli (seriously? his easiest matchup), dk, diddy, falco......EVERYONE

if played right its impossible to approach him....and has the ability to outcamp every character

so quit complaining about losing to mk.....ur not losing bc hes mk....ur losing bc u suck so much that instead of trying to learn the matchup you go on smashboards and whine like a little *****

the end.

munch munch???

laxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

OverLade

Smash Hero
What good, reputable people say in a game where matchups are as subjective between players as they are characters means nothing to me. I also haven't seen good, reputable ZSS players even consistently beat good, reputable D3 / Snake players, either, which only cements my opinion of those matchups being even at best.
Nick Riddle has consistently beaten Afro thundah in the last couple months. :)

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
They haven't been skipped over.

Most of the users on here being given warnings and infractions are being done so without announcing that they have been in the thread.

I just wanted to warn stingers in the thread rather than just deal an infraction since I'd already given him an infraction before.
I see, ok then. :)

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
apparently every time it gets said.

but there is evidence.

but you said that it wouldn't.

It's just logic.
there is evidence that he is broken, otherwise this thread (and the three before it) wouldn't have existed.......

King~

Smash Champion
I seriously doubt a Ally would lose to some random 8 year old fox. To be honest though I don't really know the snake/fox match up well(I play neither of them), but I doubt it would be so bad as to some random 8 year old beating a pro snake.
lol he was not talkin about ally

its was an ploy to make fun of inui for losing to rudementry(whos like 13 or something idk) at whobo

doubt it works

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
Snake ***** ZSS. He's the only character I can beat Snakeee with (besides Ike).
The best ZSS in FL (one of the best in the country) pretty consistently beats our best Snake players (and we have good ones). Also I don't remember the last time Dazwa lost to a Snake player in his area (Fatal is in his region). He did lose to Candy at Apex, though.

Beta Knight

Smash Cadet
apparently every time it gets said.

but there is evidence.

but you said that it wouldn't.

there is evidence that he is broken, otherwise this thread (and the three before it) wouldn't have existed.......
How about if he becomes a really big problem in the future, we ban him then. OK?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom