• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

for how long do YOU play the smash series?

T-hir

Smash Rookie
Hey i played the series from the very beginning of the series . I have all the games : ssb ssbm and ssbb.So i was just wondering for how do you play the series?

Slasherx

Smash Ace
I played Melee for like 2years, when brawl came out, I stop at it for 5months, then go back to Melee.

WulfFla$h

Smash Cadet
I started from SSB, on to Melee for 6 years, (2002-2008) and then Brawl, which I've had for 7 months. Brawl is truly awesome, but it gets a bit boring sometimes. >_>

Rudra

Smash Ace
SSB: A few months after it came out. I wasnt aware of it till my cousin got it.

Melee: I'm not too sure when. Its been so long since I reflected back to that day, but it was a great day for me as far as I could remember.

Brawl: As soon as it came out.

Thats when I got them. As for how long I play them...

SSB: Hardly ever. (mostly because my data got erased and I cant be bothered to get the "items off" option again at the moment...

Melee: A few hours a week if possible. Still fun to play.

Brawl: Hardly ever. It just gets boring too quickly.

Brawl+: Daily, for a couple hours when possible. New things to test come often, so its never boring, and the pace is amazing.

POKE40

Smash Lord
Since it all began ;)

BTW! Super Smash Bros will be on wii shop channel soon!
If this is old news... then forget all the things I just said...

I continue Brawl since I suck at the teching and advanced play in Melee so far... lol

Dragoomba

Smash Lord
My next-door neighbors had 64 and I was addicted to that, every time I went over there I got instantly addicted for hours. Then I finally got a Gamecube and the first game that I wanted to get was SSBM, which came out about two years prior (I think it was in 2003). I got Brawl the day it came out.

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
i played it since it first came out,
since then, ive been a smash addict

2J94

Smash Cadet
I started with SSB and went up. I almost got Paper Mario instead of SSB... I wonder how my life would be if I had gotten it instead.

Geist

Smash Master
I've been with Smash since the classic days of 64.
I remember the commercials for it too.
I started playing it shortly after release, and I got melee the day it came out too.

As for Brawl, my relationship has been a bit shaken. Seeing how I don't own a Wii.
But I've been playing Brawl since before the day it was released.

mzink*

Smash Ace
Since 64, favorite was Melee but I love them all. When I was a wee one I'd have to fight with my brothers to get a chance to play lol. They didn't seem to think that girls should get to play smash brothers.

RednaXale

Smash Apprentice
Since it came out. I rented it mainly because it had Kirby in it. I've played through each series, melee being my least favorite.

AranOcean

Smash Ace
NNID
AranOcean
3DS FC
1220-8584-3874
I've started playing since SSB64. I also have SSBM and SSBB, and honestly, I can't say anything bad about any of the games (well, maybe tripping in Brawl, but that's about it).

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
I've been playing all the games at least once a week since they came out.

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
Since Melee.
Had it for like 3 days at Christmas 2005. It wouldn't read the disk properly, and there were no other copies left, so I had to get other games instead.
Got it again in Feb/ March last year, played to unlock all characters, then moved onto Brawl when it was released.

I still play Brawl a lot (my power count is like 108), but I have only played Melee twice since.

DyranMahBoooiii

Smash Cadet
I played since Melee came out, every day, but I play more Brawl than Melee now. The result is me being unable to do any advanced techs anymore in Melee. I tried to do a solid chain of wavedashes and instead did a single wavedash.

Pirate Goomba

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BackburningPyro
3DS FC
3969-6919-4080
Switch FC
2859 5488 3187
I started with SSB64, which i regularly played especially when friends were over. I missed the GCN era so havn't played melee. But i recently got a Wii and joined the Brawl and was amazed at how far the series came.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I barely played 64, was big on Melee, and even bigger on Brawl.
So I guess you could say 8+ years?

MBreeto

Smash Ace
Ever since the commercial for 64 where the DK and Mario and Pikachu were all beating the **** out of each other to "Happy Together", i've been pretty much hooked. However, I never really saw the game competitively until a couple years ago

Pikminx45

Smash Cadet
I've played since the original Smash. I got that sometime after its release since I hardly even knew what it was when I first got it. I didn't get Melee till about 2 years ago, so I'm pretty bad at it since I never bothered getting good considering how far behind in skill I was compared to others. Got Brawl on release date, took a 6 month break in September and just starting back up...

Gameplayer209

Smash Cadet
Weeellll, I started with Melee for 7 years, then I went to Brawl and now I am going back into SSB but I still play Brawl a lot.

Smash_Of_Fate

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Babael_Of_Fate
3DS FC
1134-7601-5121
I got the original and Melee on the day of the release. The games concept of having your favorite Nintendo characters beating the crap out of each other was absolute gold. I was completely sold on Brawl when they announced that Snake and Sonic were playable characters.
But back on topic, since the beginning. =P

Slasherx

Smash Ace
Blah, I started when Melee first come out.
Then I download the orginal, and played that.
And yeah now onto brawl.

Da-D-Mon-109

Smash Lord
I sent the little emails to my friends to try to get them to play. I used to completely suck at the first 2 games, but I enjoyed them none the less. I stoped playing the second one for a while... then something suddenly happened... I became a demon at it... I was seriously unbeatable for a while... and I took those skills with me to Brawl since the prerelease tournament.

I played SSB since the beginning.

AndreVeloso

Smash Apprentice
I played N64 as it was given to me as a present and I loved it.
Never got a GameCube so I never played Melee except for once last month but I found it so hard for it was the first time using the GameCube controller.
I played Brawl before it was even out in Europe. American Wii and Brawl!

Zaazaa0

Smash Rookie
I bought Brawl like a month ago, and that is the only Smash game I got.

SharkAttack

Smash Lord
A little bit in 1999 for 64
A whole lot with 64 in 2000-2001
A whole lot of Melee from 2001-2008
Quite a bit of Brawl from 2008 to now.

I like all three games for what they are. Overall the smash series is awsome and the best.

Top Bottom