• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fonz (Ganon) Vs. Alphazealot (Diddy)

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
You are REALLY good at the Diddy matchup. Are you going to No Koast?

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Dang, you really played extremely well. Like...no mistakes lmao.

Superspright

Smash Lord
You were godly. That last banana combo was perfect--you got that matchup down better than any Ganon I've seen I think.

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
Dang, you really played extremely well. Like...no mistakes lmao.
He didn't do everything right.

He didn't sidetaunt at the end of set 2, for example. 9_9

(Ok ok, and he missed a sparta kick ftw, and he missed a Wizkick on Brinstar that could have stopped a Kirby Usmash)

I'm surprised AZ can lose that hard to a Ganon. He must have been playin' with those bananas.

New stages don't float my boat, by the way.
EDIT: The ones with the moving platforms under the stage blocks screw up Ganon's ledge grip the same way the Yoshi's Island (Pipes) pit does!

fonzi21

Smash Ace
The new stages are surprisingly fun, and the one stage with just the center platform can really help ganon's recovery because of the two mini platforms that float out.

Terodactyl Yelnats

Smash Ace
NNID
Perseids_Tero
Wow Thats a spectacular set, I play a Diddy with ganon all the time but never this perfectly. That is a mastery of the Match-up.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
You sure know how to fight a Diddy, Fonz.
+ That Banana Choking was sexy.

smashkng

Smash Lord
NNID
Smashsk
3DS FC
0318-7423-9293
Seems like an easier matchup than it looks because Wizard leaves Ganon safe from bananas on the ground. And being in the air means no banana tripping.

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
Seems like an easier matchup than it looks because Wizard leaves Ganon safe from bananas on the ground. And being in the air means no banana tripping.
Don't underestimate combos -> gimp spike.

If you let Diddy line that **** up, it's banana -> banana -> banana -> some smash attack -> one mistake and you don't recover. From any percent.

Plus $%&# face ****.

What gets me is the power on Diddy's aerials. All of them. Up air kills better than some characters defined by a killing up air, and the hitboxes are great.

Still, I guess you really want to get Diddy in the air, because he is awkward up there. This is a character where going stupid aggro is how you keep Diddy from setting up, so somehow, as a Ganon you have to do that.

I finally got to play a good Diddy for a bit, and I find that, if you ever start thinking, assigning a logic to what's going on, you're just letting the Diddy beat that logic with Bananas. To play Diddy you have to learn how to just let things happen.

In my just recently informed opinion.

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
Just because of that? You don't know what you're talking about. Get out of here.

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
Wow, good ****. I didn't know Ganon could **** so hard. :O

I'd also like to ask...is there a thread with those custom stages and explanations on them, etc.? I've been looking but I can't seem to find it. :( And I'd love to play on them...they look quite fun. :)

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
No offense, but you're giving Swe-brawlers bad
awkward reputation.

Swoops

Smash Lord
NNID
SwoopsTii
Just because of that? You don't know what you're talking about. Get out of here.
Relax, he wasn't saying that it's now an even match up because of wizkick. He was saying that it helps a lot more than he thought in the match up. I'm inclined to believe him when I watch videos that have Ganon using wizkick to constantly stop diddy from gaining momentum.

TP

Smash Master
Uhh, well mapquest says its a 12 hr drive. and 803 miles sooo. $150ish for up and back lol.

If you seriously are going to pay for my gas, I will go. lol I will play Ganon the entire tournament too.
I wasn't planning on it being that much. Looks like you'll have to walk, so I suggest you get started right away.

:034:

fonzi21

Smash Ace
I wasn't planning on it being that much. Looks like you'll have to walk, so I suggest you get started right away.

:034:
Hahaha, Sorry man. I want to go, but it's a bit far away for me. I will be at Pound 4 for sure though.

And thanks for all the compliments guys. I have a tournament this weekend and Hope to get some more MM's in against some top people. M2K, Judge, Peirce, Lain, and possibly Keitaro will be there. I will post vid's if i get to play them.

Top Bottom