• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Flyer Contest

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Is this a "BY TWELVE O CLOCK MIDNIGHT" deadline, or do we have tomorrow?

Tero.

Smash Champion
I don't know about time displacement between Europe and USA, hope I can still submit mine.

Edit: Submitted. Did you receive it?

Amorasaki

Functional
Premium
BRoomer
Go ahead and submit. I'll take entries up until later tonight. That means the cutoff will be in about 8 1/2 hours.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
When do you think you'll start the poll? I think you said this will turn out to be a poll.

Tero.

Smash Champion
Go ahead and submit. I'll take entries up until later tonight. That means the cutoff will be in about 8 1/2 hours.
Allready done.
If it didn't work I'll just upload it somewhere and send you a PM.

Alzi

Smash Master
Yeah he is a Admin and he could be busy doing other things in life.

I'm sure we will see a poll up tommorow.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I'm a little annoyed at my work now that I see the rest. I guess flashy is better.

I tried to aim for a flyer that was simple, drew the eyes but didn't attack it, with a few words that would gain a fellow smasher's interest should he be in North carolina. If this person was interested enough, they would take the link at the bottom of the page.

I feel I could have done better.

I'm a little annoyed at my work now that I see the rest. I guess flashy is better.

I tried to aim for a flyer that was simple, drew the eyes but didn't attack it, with a few words that would gain a fellow smasher's interest should he be in North carolina. If this person was interested enough, they would take the link at the bottom of the page.

I feel I could have done better.
I'd say yours is one of the two best, you did just enough. Some of the others look too fancy and don't leave much room for words to explain what's being advertised (in big letters).
I'm still deciding between you vs Patrack's

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
That's a confidence builder! I'm never too confident in my work and always put myself down. I appreciate the compliment, EPsilon. :laugh:

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
I agree, yours isn't bad. Just don't forget this is also a popularity contest, in a way. :p

I did mine thinking of what would I like to receive if someone handed it to me. Remember you can never please anyone though, lol.

deepseadiva

3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Yink's is flat-out amazing, Rad's is incredibly professional (and wildly more impressive if that zombie Marth is original artwork), and Chronodiver Lokii's poster hits my personal preference for minimalism head on (the checkered water is like, perfect).

The absolute stand-out for me was C~Dog's though. The composition, the texture, the creativity, the typography, the flow, THE EVIL ****ING MK AT THE BOTTOM. It's just... flawless.

deepseadiva

3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Luckily for all the entrants, I hit midterms. :/

Also, my hands were cold.

Edit: I should vote! *votes and views results*

Uhm, wut.

...well, I guess it's early. :p

Skrlx

Smash Champion
Alzi: I really like this flyer but the thing that you could have changed is the color on Mario. He looks a bit odd with those white-ish pale colors compared to the rich colorful background.

Chronodriver lokii: This flyer is simple and to the point. You could have added contact info but other than that good job.

C-Dog~: I really like this flyer but you could have put a lot of the info somewhere else rather than trying to squeeze everything in on MJ's body. A good spot would be on top replacing that "its close to midnight, and something evil's lurking in the dark". Also, a tip to look a bit more professional is to use correct grammar. In this case it would "it's" not "its". I also think you could have worked on the background a bit more rather than being just a solid black color.

Dekuu: I like this one. Though, I don't think the font style of "smash bros brawl" on this flyer is working for me. Seems to me like you tried to do something MLG-related by using the blue and red color scheme; why didn't you use the same color scheme for the lettering of "smash bros brawl"? It would look good if you also made it look glossy.

Delvro: I like this one but the info is way too scattered.

EPsilon933: This one is simple and to the point. I don't see this being a poster but more like a handout. IMO, this would really work as something you hand out to people in your college campus.

Death0072: This lacks any info whatsoever. Also, if this were a poster I'd be really confused on what you are trying to get across; you selling FRUIT?

Mota: Very informative and simple yet appealing. A thing I would change is that black border but other than that it's good.

Patrack: Another good flyer but the text is obscuring Meta Knight. You can either remove Meta Knight and replace him with another character who's body isn't also his face or make the text a bit more transparent.

Rad: Very nice, but the Marth drawing could have been a little bit better.

T-block: This flyer isn't that visually appealing but the idea behind it is really really clever.

Tero: I like this one a lot. If I saw this somewhere else I would think MLG did it and not you :laugh: IMO, this looks very professional.

Yink: I like this one a lot too but you could have changed the characters up a bit from the original game case artwork.

Zio: love it.

Nice work and good luck to those entered

EPsilon933: This one is simple and to the point. I don't see this being a poster but more like a handout. IMO, this would really work as something you hand out to people in your college campus.
lol. I made it in five minutes to make a small poster I could tape on a wall in a dinning hall. An hour later, I found this contest and submitted it.

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
Oh my! What wonderful entries.

It's so hard...but I really do like them all. Everyone did an outstanding job. I'm very flattered to hear such nice things about mine as well, thanks to everyone. :)

Delvro

Smash Ace
I have to agree... a good flyer should be instantly recognizable as a Brawl flyer from a moderate distance away. You gotta catch their attention before they read any of the words =3

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Inside jokes etc don't work on public places unless it's for a certain audience
That's where mine may be somewhat faulty. "Stack It Up!" a phrase made famous in NC at Last year's HERB. It found its way to POUND 4, but I still doubt enough people would know it.

Delvro

Smash Ace
That's where mine may be somewhat faulty. "Stack It Up!" a phrase made famous in NC at Last year's HERB. It found its way to POUND 4, but I still doubt enough people would know it.
I still like yours. The information is well organized and it looks sleek and refined. However, I think it would help if you had a salient image on your flyer that's easily identifiable with Brawl. On second note, scratch that. I can see the Smash bros. logo in the background =]

My flyer has the opposite problem. My information is scattered and all over the place because I used so much space for my images. =3

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
There's a pretty recognizable Jiggs in that flier on the top left, actually it was the first thing I noticed about it hah.

I really like C~dog's.

Mine is okay I guess. I was struggling with the text effects on the "Brawl" logo, as I wanted an explosion effect but couldn't quite achieve what I wanted. So I decided instead to add some chars to the background to compensate. However, I didn't want to make it to cramped with more than one character, so I decided to stick with one who would be easily recognizable, symmetrical (for the most part), and somewhat cool-looking. So I chose Metaknight.

I think I coulda done better but whatevs. Good luck to all!

Top Bottom