• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Flyer Contest

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
Pretty awesome idea Amo. With all the great artists here on swf, i'm sure we'll be seeing some really awesome flyers.

I really like how theres all these contests and stuff going on now. It's nice.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Question: Only one flyer design is allowed per person?

Also, does the game matter. Melee? Brawl? Both?

Uhm, also: black and white, or color?

Amorasaki

Functional
Premium
BRoomer
one per person, and which game you choose doesn't matter. For the contest it doesn't matter if you do a black and white or a color flyer, though I think people might be more inclined to vote for color ones.

Pr0phetic

Dodge the bullets!
Someone from TX (Airbrushking or HOBO related) will win this. (lmao)

I'll see what i can do, this actually isn't drawing related.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I would love to see an example. Something I could reference.

But I love the idea, and I already have had something in mind, but this provides some extra push.

Mota

"The snake, knowing itself, strikes swiftly"
I would love to see an example. Something I could reference.

But I love the idea, and I already have had something in mind, but this provides some extra push.
This.
A reference would be helpful for those unsure on what exact info to place exactly. (like me :) )

Skrlx

Smash Champion
Sorry if it comes off as rude but, if you need reference on what a basic flyer looks like, I don't think you should join this. A flyer can be anything, white background and 62pt font would be fine but the key is using your creative skills to make visually appealing flyers. This comes from placement of font, images, the colors you use etc.

Use your imagination and you will be fine

:)

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Imagination doesn't help provide a good flyer if you don't know how to do it. There are steps to making the right flyer. You can be creative, but remain within the correct methods to building an effective form of advertisement.

I was merely asking Amoraski to provide an example of what he is expecting. Yes or no, it was left up to him to decided. I never asked for others to provide their opinions on my request.

Amorasaki

Functional
Premium
BRoomer
first google image hit for "flyer"

There's not really a lot I can tell you other than it's usually a rectangular piece of paper with the information and some design/art to make it eye-catching.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I can't help but feel maybe there was a little sarcasm in that?

That's cool, though. At least you did answer my question.

Anyway, I did some searching, and I saw this. But, I can't say it really applies, but this is what I was referring to when I said, earlier, imagination won't cut it.

Ah, I hope didn't come off like a prick. :ohwell:

uhmuzing

human-alien-cig
Writing Team
....Mmmm, I really have no real experience with any Photoshop-type computer software. It'll look sorta odd if I draw this and then photoshop stuff onto it.....

Skrlx

Smash Champion
Imagination doesn't help provide a good flyer if you don't know how to do it. There are steps to making the right flyer. You can be creative, but remain within the correct methods to building an effective form of advertisement.

I was merely asking Amoraski to provide an example of what he is expecting. Yes or no, it was left up to him to decided. I never asked for others to provide their opinions on my request.
It's almost like you only read the last bit of my post and then started typing. Anyways, I wasn't exactly talking to you but I had a fuzzy memory that somebody was asking for a template and then somebody else said that as well.

As for imagination I was talking about applying your imagination to your creative decisions on placement of text, the use of colors etc.

Amorasaki

Functional
Premium
BRoomer
Bit of an update:

Following MLG's recent addition of Brawl to the 2010 lineup, we would love to see your flyers for an upcoming Major League Gaming event. Here's the info you can use:

* Registration for MLG Orlando Opens March 17 at 7pm ET
* Over $60,000 in season prizes. Full prize list
* The first Super Smash Bros. Brawl Online Qualifier will be for MLG Columbus, and will help players boost their seed at all live competitions. Online Qualifier registration opens on March 15, and competition begins on March 29.
I would also like to mention that if any flyer really stands out, it might be useful for people to use to promote their own events or even just to spread the word about competitive smash. That means you should save an original copy of your flyer in case we'd like to use it (with your permission of course). It also means that you guys can be creative with what your flyer is advertising. It could even be a flyer advertising Smashboards (wink wink, nudge nudge).

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
Who is gonna be judging?

Also, do I have to submit the full resolution file? Or an OK-for-computer screen version? 'Cause the original is like over 2000x2000, which is OK for IRL prints, but huge for screens :p

Amorasaki

Functional
Premium
BRoomer
I'll end up resizing huge images down to something reasonable, so I'd recommend sending me a file that fits better on a pc screen. Also the judging will be a public poll exclusively, rather than a poll+judging like it was for the combo vid contest.

superyoshi888

Smash Lord
Bit of an update:

Following MLG's recent addition of Brawl to the 2010 lineup, we would love to see your flyers for an upcoming Major League Gaming event. Here's the info you can use:

*info*

I would also like to mention that if any flyer really stands out, it might be useful for people to use to promote their own events or even just to spread the word about competitive smash. That means you should save an original copy of your flyer in case we'd like to use it (with your permission of course). It also means that you guys can be creative with what your flyer is advertising. It could even be a flyer advertising Smashboards (wink wink, nudge nudge).
Alright, just a quick question: Is this extra info to be used alongside the tournament info? So I could use the generic address provided and use this info as extra little tidbits?

Anyways, off to go get a couple of snapshots to use for this!

Amorasaki

Functional
Premium
BRoomer
Actually, the image didn't send correctly. Try hosting it on imageshack.us or some other host and sending me a link, if you can't get it attached.

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
Should work now. Something was wrong with the other file, apparently. I sent you an imageshack just in case.

Top Bottom