• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Flavorless Mafia: Game Over. Who won?

rid****ulous

Smash Journeyman
Man, I just want some assurance that the person we kill's flip is gonna tell me something useful. With a slot like Kary's, I don't feel like I'm lynching someone I think is "definitely scum", so I'd like it to be someone that tells me "well at least now you know X or Y is clean, and Z is gonna go next". Ya feel me?

The case against Kary, while I admit it exists, is not super strong, and neither are the connections. Is this where we wanna start? I feel like there's a ton of decent lynches on the table, tbh, and we may as well pick the best one. This is a luxury rarely afforded to town on D1, I say we don't waste it.

I feel like all these cases have been made, and wagons have been formed. We're gonna go with Kary? The one who's inactive? That's how we roll, we lynch inactives? I dunno, I'm gonna go back and reread July's post about Kary, but iirc, that post was as much about J as Kary. I feel like this lynch is butt, and tells us nothing but Kary's alignment (which might be scum)

frozenmarsh751

frozenflame751|marshy
vote karebear

completely down with this. gheb is hilarious. i share many of the sentiments expressed in 516

Inglorious Retards

Gheb_01|JTB
Man, I just want some assurance that the person we kill's flip is gonna tell me something useful. With a slot like Kary's, I don't feel like I'm lynching someone I think is "definitely scum", so I'd like it to be someone that tells me "well at least now you know X or Y is clean, and Z is gonna go next". Ya feel me?
Kary flipping scum will make Gorf look bad plus at least one of the three **** that Kary said he'd give a free pass, likely Jake and potentially BW as well. One slot is a lynch contender toDay and the other two are universal null reads. That good enough for you?

:059:

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan

I'll take the hit, just give me a bit to read some things again.

By flamer, you mean incredibly gay, correct? I can't tell anymore and you've said it a bit this game.
I thought that was the first time I used the word flamer ever. But yea you come off almost as gay as Rockin in that post. Don't come off almost as gay as Rockin plz

J, I gotta go to bed now and I mean this @ ヽ(*・ω・)ノ♪ ヽ(*・ω・)ノ♪ as well.

I get why you guys are looking at me, stop and look at why I did what I did, this is something Soup for some odd reason refuses to address me on and I keep asking him to look at me in the face on this.

Are my questions well founded and valid at that point. No ****ing way they are, they are ****ing useless at this point.

My intent was not to make an incriminating case and say haha caught you scum.

My intent was to jump start town and get the game going, not to blend and pose bogus questions to hide myself. I don't give a **** if you guys have a problem with me there, because you guys are not looking at it at all right.

I'm was never trying to fake ****.

I got a PM/Melee/Brawl/Cactaur Pancake tournament tomorrow so I'm going to bed.

I never tried to force **** like this and I am sick of a a uselss ok to vig slot like Gorf saying I am scummy without giving a damn reason why and trying to keep his head as low as possible. Honk who I am damn sure is town at this point and people jumped on Soup for ****ty reasons and J who I am more likely to side with being scum right now. J's initial town read of JS really did rub me the wrong way, but I wasn't sure which way to lean on it since J will do this but the timing on a reread doesn't look right at all.

I'm waiting on Nabe at this point, This is really were if I decide to vote on J or not. idk if J is town or not but I am damn sure a town read on Jake as no where near anyways close to warranted this game.
unvote

Vote Red Ruy[

You don't even have stances!! The fact that this post is the most town has gotten from you is sad and scummy! If you're town ****ing do something!

Seriously read what he has done this game, if he tried to push someone outside of semi Honk he explained it, though briefly, why he wanted the slot dead. He hasn't tried to advance town, hint why I voted him first and chose him to start the game off.

Voting No Lynch doesn't do town ****.

You''re not trying to advance town, you're not trying to make anything happen. So he was doing it for ****s and giggles, or he is scum. That is why I chose him he did something that has a clear town or scum situation.

Past that he has done more, I'll give him that. But overall I can't really pass him at best of null at worst scum-lean. He's not actively trying to get **** done he's here putting his vote where he pleases without accountability.

I'm just as guilty for not putting a vote down, I freely admit this. Though I will saw with full ATE mode on, I've been practicing Smash and working on school. I've been trying to get good at Melee and Brawl more than ever on limited sleep and a lot of school work shoved at me. I get why people have been looking at me, I don't blame them at all.

Looking here though, Gorf though. He has been here, but when he has been here what has he done? It's more blank than people than people really should remember. He really has not done a whole lot and that worries me.
I swear to god your play has literally been nothing but ****ing blanket statements and "I'm gonna catch up soon!" Are you caught up as of this post?

To be fair to Ryu, this post

rubbed me all kinds of wrong ways.

July slam dunks the **** out of J, then Gorf hops in and votes alongside her.

pretty smooth wagon hop, wouldn't ya say?

It's hardly enough to incriminate Gorf, but I can see where Ryu is coming from. A lot of Gorf's play has shades of this.
Oh man it was TOTALLY a wagon hop. Once I backed off of honk and up until Ruy started posting I was kinda just not using my vote, so I gave it to july. Don't get it twisted, the wagon hop is real.

Gorf's really good at walking the line. He sticks his neck out plenty, but he's never really alone in the stances he takes. He does a lot of contributing to other people's pushes, and playing devil's advocate. He takes stances, but he's always being super reasonable about everything, which makes it so hard to hate his slot.
Are you talking about strictly in the context of this game or in games in general? Cuz this doesn't seem like something that's unique here, and thank GOD you haven't been saying that you find me inherently scummy for it (obv orbo amirite?) cuz I'd be flipping tables if this was your case.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Vote: Kary

I'll let Nabe get into the game more. Since this wagon has more steam I'll hop onto it.

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
V/LA until Monday Afternoon

Apologies, but I seriously need to get some work done over the next couple of days, so I won't have the time to devote to this game until then.

July

Smash Apprentice
I can't respond to July. I just...I've lost this debate, hard.

I'm sorry, I've dug myself way too far into the ground and I doubt I can submerge from this one without being lynched and I will just be a distraction slot for the rest of the game.

*sigh* Lynch me. My flip will gain information for town and help you guys win in the end. The least we can do is use the rest of this dayphase to find out who actually is scum. I'm being completely honest and saying that I am not scum. I have just played a terrible D1 and I am floundering like a fish since I haven't been under pressure in mafia in forever. The least i can do is lead a paper trail to the wagoners on my lynch, but I am going to try and give this game another read-through.

Least to say, I retract my scum-read on July. I just, my case was extremely OMGUS in retrospect because I am infuriated that she is reading me as scum. Reading her points and logic, I finally understand why people see me as scum. *took me a good 20-30 minutes to read with formatting errors* Then my Garg push is truly just a way to look at the other wagon and move the pressure from me to him so I don't get lynched which is just the survivalistic part on my end because I thought I could recover after this lynch regardless of the flip. Now? I don't really think so.

Anyways, if you have questions for me, please let me know so I can answer them before I get lynched. Going to re-evaluate....well everything this game. I'll be around, but I hate D1, with a burning passion.
That was a quick tango. Goddammit J, the AtE, there’s so much of it. I am sincerely sorry for all the formatting errors though, writing my responses in a word processor and transferring them over has made things more difficult, I know.

PLEASE do asap. we have 4 days to make a decision and ive been toying with the idea of swinging another lynch
Were you already planning on swinging another lynch, or did you decide that after J’s 478?

just wanted to mention, I didn't ask you that.
Then it must have been FrozenMarsh, you two kind of occupy the same space in my mind as the two hydras that aren’t Honk. My bad.

that literally sounds like the worst option on the table. I'm not saying I townread Kary, but on what planet is he a better lynch than Garg?
I definitely think a Garg lynch would provide us with good information, but a Kary lynch could provide a fair amount of information too. Even if Kary hasn’t interacted with everyone (hell, no one has interacted with Badwolf), enough people have weighed in on Kary that we could look at connections that way.

With a game like this? Yes. There are things to look at through the active players and as who could possibly be those "scummy actives"? I would say I am leaning IR. Gorf I am beginning to have my eye on just because he is really the middle-man in every argument so far with going back and forth and saying that he is okay with a lot of things. (Honk/Garg/Myself) I hate to bite the hand that has been helping me a bit (but backstabbing me at the same time), but it's really troubling me the more I see the exact same thing every time he posts.

Since I am caught-up now, I can post *with this post as segway* to what I am feeling right now:

Would not lynch toDay:

1. frozenmarsh751 (frozenflame751/marshy)

2. July (I feel July is town, but her reads are terrible this game, imo. I feel she is 2/3 wrong on her scum-read possibilites *well I know 1/3 but technicalities*)

5. ヽ(*・ω・)ノ♪ (-Masquerain-/soup) *Strongest town-read after re-read*

11. Gargaglione

6. Rid****ulous (PJB/Orbo)

Nulls that I am not 100% sold on either way:

3. Gorf

7. Nicholas1024

10. BadWolf28738(he literally only has one post...)

Would lynch:

4. Kary

8. Gheb_01

12. Nabe jakestan

13. Red Ruy(still not vibing well but out of this category, last on my lynch-list after full re-read.)

Unvote

Going to think where my vote should go. I doubt I would be able to swing 1/2 of these so it seems I am mainly coming down to which one of Kary/Nabe would be my preferred lynch toDay.
Maybe I missed it, but can you explain more on why you would be willing to lynch Gheb?

I am going to head out for now. (mainly because it's 3am lol)

I have a final question though:

@ July July : Enough of the walls. Let's talk. 1 on 1. Help me, help you read me as town. You are wrong that I am scum and feel you are more reading the fact that I have been playing terrible this game. If you could not get me, would you be willing to hop onto a Kary/JS wagon? Talk to me on what you would do if you got my town-flip and I flip town? Where are you looking now? Consider the possibility of being wrong on me and what it does for the rest of your reads.
If it was only for the post you made right after the wall I posted, I wouldn’t lay off you because that was just so full of AtE I don’t think that helped your case. But you’ve actually been putting in work since then and, at least somewhat convinced me that you might be geuinely scumhunting, enough to unsettle my read on you a little bit. It seems like some people have completely backed away from the possibility that you could be scum , which seems naive to me, but I can compromise on a different lynch toDay. I would be willing to go with a Kary or a Garg wagon; Jakestan, not right now. I want to actually see something from the slot now that Nabe has replaced in, Jakestan left me very null and ambivalent towards the slot but that doesn’t mean that his lynch will result in a high likelihood of a scumflip or a ton of information.

If you were lynched toDay and flipped town, I’d probably look at Kary and Garg, Kary being someone I see as scummy but not with you and Garg is scummy with or without a connection to you. I know you said that you don’t see Garg as scummy and you think I’m wrong but I very much disagree, and since I still have a suspicion of you/Garg scum I’d kind of love to see his flip. Right now, I’m still keeping an eye on my top scumreads, which still includes you, Garg and Kary, but I’m seeing a lot of suspicions around RR and Gorf that I hadn’t picked up on but I can understand accusations of Gorf sidelining; I need someone to elaborate on the case against RR though, because I’m not seeing it. So I would like to look into Gorf and RR more going forward (I’m not going to lie and say I’ll reread them because I don’t have the time or effort for that), but would I lynch them toDay? No.

If you flip town, it doesn’t really affect my other reads that much. Maybe strengthen my reads on Frozen and reddick town since they’ve really seemed to warm up to somewhere after our wall war, and I think it would make me look at Gorf in a more negative light, just because of his waivering on you. But my reads on everyone else have pretty much been independent of my read on you except Garg, although as I explained above I think that whether or not you are a scumteam, I think that he is scum.

RR was indeed clogging the thread with useless posts but it was Gorf who voted for a NL and you said you'd partly base your townGorf read on that. I still don't see how it makes sense.
Then I must have misread one of Gorf’s posts in the beginning, I just remember him telling RR to stop clogging the thread and I thought Gorf had said that RR voted for a No Lynch, but I guess he was telling RR to stop complaining about the No Lynch vote. Either way, I haven’t seen anything assiduous about his play or the way he’s interacted with players, at most he’s been sidelining, but that’s based off of what other people have gotten from him and I haven’t gotten that vibe. Maybe it’s because I feel like he’s one of the players that has weighed in most consistently on thread happenings and has actually made connections with players, which has given me the feeling that he’s been involved and contributing in a positive manner. I can look into him more though, that’s one read I’m willing to keep and eye on.

Too many worthless people that we need to get rid of. Nabistan, Gorf, Garg, Kary and Badwolf are all slots that I won't even bother trying to read at this point because there's literally nothing to read them as town for. Then there's your neverending back and forth with July which honestly didn't make either of you look too good. July still has a good bit of explaining to do and you had to resort to newbie-style AtE after getting exposed by her. In most games that'd be your guaranteed death ... in this game I doubt that it will be of any consequence. Bromarsh has done very little consequence either and recently even I myself have been in observe-mode more than anything else. And you say you're finding it hard to formulate a scum read on somebody? I personally have a hard time townreading most people.

At this rate honk will definitely stick around for a while and I don't even know how I'd argue against it now. He's fine but it's not because he's playing well.

From a strictly utilitarian point of view I'd say that Nabistan, Garg or Kary are the best lynches toDay. All of them have been utterly useless, all of them have at least some sort of connection to other players and - unlike Gorf and Badwolf [who are still decent lynches] - they have all been called scummy at some point of this Day, rightfully so. Right now I think a flip would be worth more than anything else.
You need to be more blunt here, I can’t read minds. You’ve been real laid back and at times cryptic with your reads and what you’re thinking ever since the Honk wagon blew up. What explaining do I have to do yet? In a bit more detail than what you’ve given here, can you explain your thoughts on the back and forth between J and I, other than that it made both of us look bad (did it look TvT , TvS? Why don’t you think that J’s AtE will be of any consequence in this game, even though it would be guaranteed death elsewhere? And, how do you really feel about Honk, because you seem resigned to the fact that they aren’t going to die for a while but you also don’t seem over your scumread on them, so where are you standing on them in all honesty? And finally, of the people you are okay with lynching, do you have a scumread on any or all of them, or is it all about utility?

A couple things:

1) Can we lynch Garg instead of Kary? I think both will provide information, but I just don’t completely have faith in J, despite the last couple pages, either in his town read on Garg (if J is town) or that the whole scumread/reread/townread isn’t a complete backpedal away from bussing (if J is scum)

2) Is everyone just totally okay with J now, AND if the answer to that question is yes, is it because of the AtE or because of the reread? Because everyone seems to have suddenly dropped every suspicion around J, except maybe Gheb if I’m reading his posts correctly, and I would just like to know why this is so and what was so convincing for everyone.

Unvote
Vote: Gargaglione

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Votecount 1.11

frozenmarsh751
July:
Gorf:
Kary:
Gheb, Frozenmarsh751, Honk, J
Honk: Gargalione
Rid****ulous
Nicholas1024
Gheb_01: Badwolf
J:
BadWolf:
Gargaglione:
Rid****ulous, Nicholas1024, July
Nabe: Red Ryu
Red Ruy**: Gorf

Not voting:
Kary, Nabe

Notes:
Garg's V/LA ends today.
Nicholas1024 is V/LA until Monday.

*= Currently being replaced
**= V/LA

With 13 players, it takes 7 votes to lynch
The deadline for Day 1 is April 16th, at 11:59 PM

Last edited:

frozenmarsh751

frozenflame751|marshy
2) Is everyone just totally okay with J now, AND if the answer to that question is yes, is it because of the AtE or because of the reread? Because everyone seems to have suddenly dropped every suspicion around J, except maybe Gheb if I’m reading his posts correctly, and I would just like to know why this is so and what was so convincing for everyone.
im almost insulted that you think i could really be that naive

im not townreading j by any means and hes still on my ****list. there are two scenarios behind his vote on you a few pages ago

1. he flipped a **** at you misreading him (im going to assume youre usually accurate with him) and he got upset that you were so off base to the point that he believed you were bull****ting a read. i understand this point of view cuz theres been times where i was town and thought 'yo what the **** is this slot really THIS dumb?' when ****** are pushing me

2. hes scum who went into full self preservation and omgusd you with a side dish of hardbody ate for whatever reason

im not sure as to which is likelier at the moment. this is some of the SLOPPIEST play ive ever seen from j. for now im fully onboard with karebear dying tho i still dont like j

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
I really need Kary's flip to solidify my read on marshy's slot, so I won't be moving from this wagon for toDay. I gain more, personally, out of this lynch out of any other wagon.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
@ July July : I'll respond a tad later but my thoughts on how people are looking at me. No, people are not town reading me but they have decided to back off because of my recent play being very different to my earlier play. People don't town read/like me, but they just dislike other slots more and do not consider me the best lynch for D1.

Weird analogy, but I've turned from main dish to side entree if that makes any sense.

As a side thing, I want more of Gorf vs. Ryu because as I watch the argument evolve I am seeing it more as SvT because it has increasing differences than that of Ridick vs Garg. Plus both of these slots I want to look more into.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Mainly stances on the wagons is what I what from him because I want a concrete foundation to his feelings on the candidates so we can look at that after flips.

#HBC | Gorf

July said:
Where did you even get this? I actually think the AtE has been the sketchiest part of his play since he backed off of you, but I feel like his play is enough for me to warrant a IGMEOY vibe moving forward. But I do feel a lil nasty about him + Garg, and don't townread Garg nearly enough to try and cockblock the lynch... But we DO have until Tuesday.

We seem to be between Kary and Garg. Unless Garg comes out of his V/LA with something good I'm thinkin Garg > Kary. They're both flatlines to me, but like July said Garg gives us more answers.

No I am referring to your **** vote on me.
adogfiergbteoiganrgoiadfgmaroigamerglkaerngalern

Ruy.

ruy ruy ruy ruy ruy ruy ruy ruy ruy ruy ruy ruy ruy

stahp
WHEN YOU ORIGINALLY RESPONDED TO J IN YOUR #492. WERE YOU CAUGHT UP OR NOT. I SWEAR TO ****ING GOD IT'S LIKE YOU CAN'T COMPREHEND THE MOTHER ****ING ENGLISH LANGUAGE.

How do you like that for a ****in view guys?

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Gorf, I don't really recall you having a problem with Kary/okay with his lynch. What changed? The last I remember you wanted Honk before Ruy then just changed your vote to him (after your flip-flop on me).

Can you also explain your GargScum read because you were talking (to me, specifically) on Garg being more like town getting backed into a corner. Why is he now scum/okay to die?

You just keep liking July's posts and following pretty much whatever she says. I also am not liking how you are blowing up nearly anything Ruys because it looks incredibly inflated. What is the significance to him posting before being caught up when talking to me? Walk me through your logic as to how this ties to your RuyScum read.

#HBC | Gorf

Gorf, I don't really recall you having a problem with Kary/okay with his lynch. What changed? The last I remember you wanted Honk before Ruy then just changed your vote to him (after your flip-flop on me).

Can you also explain your GargScum read because you were talking (to me, specifically) on Garg being more like town getting backed into a corner. Why is he now scum/okay to die?

You just keep liking July's posts and following pretty much whatever she says. I also am not liking how you are blowing up nearly anything Ruys because it looks incredibly inflated. What is the significance to him posting before being caught up when talking to me? Walk me through your logic as to how this ties to your RuyScum read.
Hey J it's cute that you really wanna make sure you watch my play but how the hell are you even getting the conclusions to the things you're saying.

Kary's early game play isn't scummy to me. It's really just early game play and can't really hate the guy for voicing an opinion of his can ya? Since then Kary's really kinda been one of the least significant figures, the dynamic was just dropped from what it originally was, and I was looking for him to be more active to read em. I don't agree that his early play was scummy, but his recent play (mostly the lack thereof) makes me not oppose it. Was that just not clear?

The last you remember? The last you remember? I dropped Honk a whiiiiiiiile ago in lieu of a reread that I'll be getting to tomorrow (last show of opening weekend is a matinee THANK GOD) so if you just don't remember after a second reread I'm gonna go ahead and tell you to actually read my posts and find out where my head is at. I promise I'm really not that complicated.

Gargscum read? Garg ****ing scum read?

Gorf if you just didn't ****ing notice said:
don't townread Garg nearly enough
Is this indicative of a Gargscum read? Oh wait how about this one?

Seriously did you just not see this ****? said:
They're both flatlines to me
That Garg being town backed into a corner sentiment is the closest at home I feel to Garg being town. Remember when I was talking to you about how riddick's approach hurt my process of reading Garg when it was happening and that I'd have to read em again if I wanna try and get a confident read on em (sidenote @ July July you keep calling riddick reddick and it's the funniest thing ever)? Trick question: you do, cuz THAT was when I said that if I had to pick a side I'd say Garg is leaning moreso as a townie who was just backed into a corner.

J, would you be less entertained when going to watch a magician, and some asshole heckler in the front row tells the magician to reveal the secret to the trick he's currently performing? Of course you would because that ruins the whole god damn point of it. SO DON'T ASK ME QUESTIONS LIKE YOUR LAST ONE. I'm not a noob I don't need to be ****ing guided on how to scum hunt well.

This post was actually unbelievable.

#HBC | Gorf

J I'd suggest going back to the whole obvtown reading me because, let's be honest, you and July and I'm only assuming marshy are right in saying that I'm obvtown. I understand July being weary because she's not used to playing with me since I came back from the cave but I think it's fair to say that there is NOOOOOOOOOO reason to even try and put effort into scumreading me toDay or any time soon. That's why Gheb isn't bothering, if I'm scum you won't know it till later in the game. You are actually making me scumread you harder by "expanding your horizons," just ****in play the game if you're town, and if you're scum, please just keep doing what you're doing so I can lynch you like toMorrow or something.

So how about you talk to me about your read on Ruy. I'd sure like to get steam going and attention pointed at that slot.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
I am not even suggesting lynching you toDay. I even put you in the category of "Not confident either way" which means you are a null so I am not bothering into reading you as scum/pushing for your lynch. If you look at things, I am looking at Ruy as the scum between the two of you, but I am asking questions to try and further my read on you. Do not get uppity because I have doubts on you and don't have you as 100% town because there are faults to your play this game. You are a sidelining fencesitter and it does bother me upon re-read. Your posts where you bring up an apparant obvious scum-read on Garg are not obvious as you claim them to be. Then you say that your Honk read is "in lieu of a re-read that you will do tomorrow. Can you clarify what this means because I keep reading it and keep thinking you are saying that you dropped Honk but you are going to back it up with a re-read that hasn't been done yet. It's a very confusing sentence.

I'll get that you are annoyed that I took back my town-read on you and all that jazz, but you are just devoting your posts to telling me to back off of you. But Gorf, the thing is, the main point I wanted to get from you is this:

J said:
What is the significance to him posting before being caught up when talking to me? Walk me through your logic as to how this ties to your RuyScum read.
You can't turn it on me without even giving the common courtesy to answer my question about your RuyScum read first. That's what I really care about because my read on Ruy also hinges for my read on you. Can you just tone it down a second and give me what I want? I promise it hold weight. This argument (between you and ruy) can wait till D2 and I am okay with that. But while we still have time in the day, why not begin discussing it?

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Gorf, I am gonna turn what I said to July onto you, but mirrored.

Help me read you better if you are town.

#HBC | Gorf

Literally the answer to your question said:
J, would you be less entertained when going to watch a magician, and some ******* heckler in the front row tells the magician to reveal the secret to the trick he's currently performing? Of course you would because that ruins the whole god damn point of it. SO DON'T ASK ME QUESTIONS LIKE YOUR LAST ONE. I'm not a noob I don't need to be ****ing guided on how to scum hunt well.
But I do get you misinterpreting it cuz I didn't specifically use Ruy's name or quote it or anything, but yea. There's your answer.

I don't seriously think I can swing a Ruy lynch, but I'd rather have the tangible information that he WASN'T caught up (it was kinda evident by how he was posting that he wasn't caught up, but I'm just basically looking to have him confirm that he wasn't before I go into it) so that I'm not just saying that he wasn't caught up unjustifiably. Of course if he says he WAS it's just gonna become WIFOM that I'd rather not make a big deal about.

Also I'm not fencesitting, Maybe this game I'm chillin more on the armchair, I'll give you that, but you and I both know that playing on the armchair itself isn't scummy. Let me clarify my read on Garg. I AM NOT SCUM READING HIM, AND I AM NOT TOWNREADING HIM. I CAN NOT CONFIDENTLY CALL HIM SCUM, AND I CAN NOT CONFIDENTLY CALL HIM TOWN. HE. IS. NULL. THOSE QUOTES I QUOTED OF MYSELF? INDICATIVE OF THAT. Anything you need me to clarify with that? I retracted my scum read on Honk a while ago. That was the point in time where I said that I'd reread to give myself fresher stances, and that was near the beginning of tech week, so lord knows how much time I've had to reread the thread. As of now I am town leaning on the slot. I am not making the whole point of my post to back off of me. My whole point was how the hell can you reach the conclusions you're getting to without ****in reaching hard to look like you're SOOOOOOOOOOO confused, because your conclusions still make absolutely no sense from the one post I made.

I'm telling you to back off because you are looking for faults and it's kinda obvious. You were reading me perfectly fine before, what's got you dazed and confused now? Did misreading July just knock the wind out of you that hard?

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Gorf said:
You were reading me perfectly fine before, what's got you dazed and confused now? Did misreading July just knock the wind out of you that hard?
Dude, you seriously have no idea. This game is making me realize why I do not play D1 in any game after I realized it's my biggest fault in mafia, personally. I get really flustered easily because I do not have my connections and when I read things wrong or get pressured I have no way to defend myself because I just don't play well in the beginning. I get better with phases and connections under my belt. You keep saying I am looking for faults is because I am utterly bone-dry in my "who could be scummy" pile and trying to look for things to analyze. Kary is the person I am okay with dying the most at the moment and the other person I wanted to investigate replaced out. July's slamming of me completely knocked me around because it made me realize that I have been playing like absolute ****.

Let's move past it though, I am done with giving myself a pity party and need to just recover for town's and my own sake.

Thank you for clarifying your Garg read as a null. Also I get what you are saying regarding Ruy now and the question may have some hidden significance, I just am not seeing it and I guess I just have to wait for the "magic" trick to occur.

So I finally have a better question for you: Who would you like at besides Ruy? Let's say Ruy is scum for this scenario: Who are his partners for you?

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Responding to July:

Maybe I missed it, but can you explain more on why you would be willing to lynch Gheb?
See the thing is, it really is just a gut thing. I have nothing to back things up purely because I do not have Honk's flip. I dislike IR mainly for his push on Honk now that I am reading Honk as a hard-town read. I will give this to Gheb's courtesy though. Gheb has been making good posts, however, they are the type of posts that look good regardless of what he is saying. They are incredibly, as you put it, diplomatic. I see Gheb as the devil's advocate this game on a lot of reads on players. His list of who to die is kind of extensive, but that's Gheb and his hatred towards players he considers "bad" which makes me think of it as null and something he would do regardless of alignment. If he was scum, I would probably bet on one of the names he listed to be a partner of some sort. The only reason I would lynch Gheb is if Honk were to flip in someway in the future and if Honk were to flip town(like I am thinking) it just paints them in a bad light. If Honk were to flip mafia, I would probably let Gheb live till LyLo.

I keep going back and forth on whether I have Gheb as a scum-read or I just immensely dislike his read on Honk. Kind of like you in a sense, I disagree with your reads hard and I find that a tad shocking for a player like you, July. I want to talk about this now since marshy brought it up. His reasoning for his point #1 is truly how I felt when I was writing my case against you. I heavily dislike your read on me because it just seemed fabricated. The fact that you are beginning to re-evaluate yourself on my slot makes me feel much comfier with you then previously because I know ScumJuly is a tunnel-manic. *Side-note: I want to apologize about the JDLR thing if it did hurt your feelings because it seems I may have stepped on a bad spot* You have a way of posting that is just...enchanting when you talk about people and you were just adamantly choosing to sit on your read on me and not budge/nor look at what I was posting and focusing on the buddying of JS. I am a sucker for good logic, that means when people post things that are logic, I am going to read them in a better light then not. I'm one of the only players to see you as scum and have been your scum-buddy multiple times.

You are usually able to read my intent incredibly well and see what I am doing in my posts since you read subtext incredibly well when you are town. I know you said you do not have time to go through a re-read and narrow down at things but if you do ever get the time, I urge you to re-read my slot and isolate me from the rest of the game. Look at why I am doing things and look at my subtext again. I feel that would help you read me. The reason I am saying this is because you still hold me high on your *should die* list.

July said:
If you were lynched toDay and flipped town, I’d probably look at Kary and Garg, Kary being someone I see as scummy but not with you and Garg is scummy with or without a connection to you. I know you said that you don’t see Garg as scummy and you think I’m wrong but I very much disagree, and since I still have a suspicion of you/Garg scum I’d kind of love to see his flip. Right now, I’m still keeping an eye on my top scumreads, which still includes you, Garg and Kary, but I’m seeing a lot of suspicions around RR and Gorf that I hadn’t picked up on but I can understand accusations of Gorf sidelining; I need someone to elaborate on the case against RR though, because I’m not seeing it. So I would like to look into Gorf and RR more going forward (I’m not going to lie and say I’ll reread them because I don’t have the time or effort for that), but would I lynch them toDay? No.
I have two things I would like to talk to you in this post. Let's start with the bolded, if we may. It's mainly just a clarification because in the beginning of the game you thought Kary+J = scum-team and with this sentence, it seems to suggest that you think KaryScum=/=Jscum when GargScum=Jscum *or vice-versa if I am reading you correctly*. Can just be a Yes or No answer pretty much.

Second thing is actually a thing that I will ask an explanation for. It seems you are leaning on siding with Ruy>Gorf in this situation. Again, I am having mirror thoughts then you on this. Why do you think Gorf would be the more likely to flip scum than Ruy? You say that you do not see the RR case, but what exactly are you not seeing? Do you seriously have that strong of a town-read on Ruy?

One read I cannot recall from you is your Nich read. Can you update me on that? Thanks.

#HBC | Gorf

Dude, you seriously have no idea. This game is making me realize why I do not play D1 in any game after I realized it's my biggest fault in mafia, personally. I get really flustered easily because I do not have my connections and when I read things wrong or get pressured I have no way to defend myself because I just don't play well in the beginning. I get better with phases and connections under my belt. You keep saying I am looking for faults is because I am utterly bone-dry in my "who could be scummy" pile and trying to look for things to analyze. Kary is the person I am okay with dying the most at the moment and the other person I wanted to investigate replaced out. July's slamming of me completely knocked me around because it made me realize that I have been playing like absolute ****.

Let's move past it though, I am done with giving myself a pity party and need to just recover for town's and my own sake.

Thank you for clarifying your Garg read as a null. Also I get what you are saying regarding Ruy now and the question may have some hidden significance, I just am not seeing it and I guess I just have to wait for the "magic" trick to occur.

So I finally have a better question for you: Who would you like at besides Ruy? Let's say Ruy is scum for this scenario: Who are his partners for you?
Well thank you for clarifying that, and admitting yourself, that you're bone-dry. That's how I felt when I gave up my Honk scum read, only to remember that I was scum reading Ruy's early play and put em on hold for his V/LA, to which all he's played is the response to you and the "dat OMGUS vote" bullshiz.

I dunno who his partners would be I'd rather figure that out when his flip becomes more of a possibility. It'd be silly if I started thinking that far at this point in time wouldn't it? More questions plz cuz I thought I'd be out by this point but I had mad coffee at IHOP a few hours ago and I'm still WIRED.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
My powers as an insomiac are coming to use haha. I'll ask ya questions because honestly this will be a good time to get my read on you out of the way.

Let's talk about some outliers in this game. Mainly Nich/Gheb. I have Nich in my null list because his posts are just interesting to me and not indicative of alignment. I feel he is like you where I will figure him out later rather than sooner. Tell me what you think about his hop-on/case to Garg. How does he look on a GargTown flip? GargScum?

With Gheb, since you now town-read Honk, where does he fall? Did he lose points or still sitting alright with you? What do you think of him dropping July down a bit after her response to me?

I also want to throw Marshy at you as well. Does marshy lose his appeal on a KaryTown flip? On a KaryScum does he look good? I am going to be honest and say based on Kary's flip I will fall heavily on one side or the other (which is why I want to push this lynch down more because it will give me a metaphorical "clear/condemn" on marshy. I see what he is seeing in KaryScum and therefore am more leaning to believing he is town. However, if he(kary) were to flip town, I would be re-evaluate my read on him to almost a 180.

Top Bottom