• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FLATZONE - March 7th, 8th - (Regina, SK, Canada) Over $2000 in prizes :O

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
lol screw the "other" hosts.

haha oh man. 64. Dan is gonna post anytime now with a lot of excitement.

VerticallyChallenged

Smash Journeyman
IM kinda upset i didnt do this earlier ... lots of people wont really come for events like low tier/falcon only but there are people who will come because theres 64 ... :p DUH KAT

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
hahaha. If by people you mean "superboom + his friend" then you're right. XD

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
lets go rap.
"i spit more fire that a dragon fight"
where you at eggz where you at? i cant see you?
joking.
i adore your songs.
im in love with the song from fingerbang montage =D

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
alright final decision is that falcon only is being axed for ssb64
waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat. wttffffffff.

Okay, so it's obvious that we have time restraints so we can't host falcon only, low tier and 64. Since it's pretty important for us to host 64, we're left with deciding between falcon only and low tier. We have to look at this rationally and give it some though.

---
Low Tier.
Pros
-Variety: Obviously, we'll be seeing a lot of characters that we wouldn't other wise being seeing, such as Game and Watch, Roy and Young Link for example.
-It brings something new: All we see at tournaments are the fox, marth, sheik, falco, peach, and falcon. Seeing the bottom/low tier characters in action, by some of the best in Canada are pretty spectacular in itself.
-Roy

Cons
-Matches tend to be long and tedious. As much as I would LOVE to see Mewtwo vs Kirby, it's just not fun to watch or to experience. The same goes for many other match ups that occur in Low Tier. There aren't many combos, and flashy strings of attacks. Kind of like Brawl.
-Canada doesn't have a lot of tournaments a year. The last national one was cast4, where a low tier tourney was held, rather than a falcon only. It was fun, but it's nice to switch it up.
-No Falcon
-Roy

Falcon Only
Pros

Other, less important pros
-Matches are quick and exciting from start to finish. Grabs often mean a long string of attacks and tech chasing.
-Knees and Falcon Punches make for entertaining matches, regardless if players are sandbagging or playing seriously.
-Creative Edgeguarding, with the possibility of incorporating the above.
-It's 2 Falcons on Final Destination.
-Everyone uses Falcon. If some says they don't, it means they're lying to you.

Cons
-Possibility of seeing a lot of Dash Dancing to Nairs
-So fast, Brawl players might not be able to cope with the speed, thus causing seizures, dizziness etc.
---

As much as I would love to **** with Pichu again, it's much more satisfying to play against a fellow Falcon. Plus, we're West Coast. Falcon Only is pretty much our thing. (More so BC's thing, but whatevs.)

I guess this is a fairly opinionated subject. In my opinion, Falcon Only is way more entertaining, i more convenient in terms of time, and just more bad in the aaaayus. I guess people could have your own opinion on this, but that just means their wrong.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Victor don't present the cons of falcon only and not show all of them. That's propaganda and I just won't have it.

Cons of falcon only:

0 variety in characters
less strategy when it comes to counter-picking
Although it can be exciting at first, matches can get repetitive
Most "pros" have a good falcon, so the winner of the singles tournament has a better chance at winning this
This character is played in singles
No roy

VerticallyChallenged

Smash Journeyman
ill have to get back to you when we decide ... dunno which one we will decide on
ALSO
WTF is with MOST3 ... really hope they dont end up at the same time ....

Lib3r4t3

Smash Ace
I won't be able to attend unless some miracle happens with getting me transportation to Saskatchewan.

James may or may not be able to fix up the MOST3 problem. Hopefully he can bump it back to Feb 28.

Edit: and seeing how we did Low Tier instead of Falcon only at CAST4, and how this seems to be a lot like CAST4, you can put my vote toward FAlcon Only even though I'm not coming more than likely.

Levi5

Smash Ace
I conveniently looked at this thread in time to vote for Falcon only rather than playing bad characters

Top Bottom