• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FlatSoda paints GCN controllers, and so does Gingerr.

FlatSoda

Smash Champion
vinyl dye is mostly found at stores like auto zone, discount auto parts, advance auto parts and stores of the same.

i'm going to test out some rustoleum plastic paint.. should bond with plastic but no idea if it'll coat it or dye it. gotta test it with scratches, rubs, burns, et cetera. i'll have feedback. from what i've experienced vinyl dye gives a smoother sandy feel to it. feels smooth, but grippy enough to stop sweat from bothering or interfering from gameplay.

SLyNKee

Smash Journeyman
My controller is made up of a black bottom and a an orange top, Ive always wanted the bottom half of my controller pink so the Pink/Orange would match my Samus. Unfortunatly im really picky and didnt like the feel/stickyness of Gingers controller D:

Gingerr

Smash Lord
Well, since he told me where to get the dye, I think I'm gonna get some here in the near future, and see how it goes. I'll probably just strip my controller and re-dye it, then I'll let you feel it. If you like the feel better, I'll dye yours :)

FlatSoda

Smash Champion
I should, considering i found some rusto cans for 4.99 and vinyl dye for 6.50

i'd come to probably service for 10 bucks, and repainting is free. no limit to the amount of colors, i can stencil little designs, pinstripe it. et cetera.

also! I can offer a brand new controller with paint. GET AT ME DAWG. also, ginger, if you're good at what you do, and you're requested by popular demand, make a little profit for yourself too. ;D

Gingerr

Smash Lord
:D Sounds fun! I'll definitely work on getting the dyes soon so I can re-do my controller!

FlatSoda

Smash Champion
i kinda found something out...

some models of the GCN controller have the L and R buttons locked by security screws. and some don't. I don't know if this affects gameplay at all, but... seomthing weird to me.

Masky

Smash Master
I say we open a shawp. ;o
i do need 400 bucks to go to blipfest. ;_;
Another FL smasher that shares a love of chiptunes?? Evevn though I only mostly have listened to Virt's stuff I've wanted to go to blipfest for a few years now, hope you can gather the money to make the trip.

And your controller's custom paint job is good too :)

FlatSoda

Smash Champion
Another FL smasher that shares a love of chiptunes?? Evevn though I only mostly have listened to Virt's stuff I've wanted to go to blipfest for a few years now, hope you can gather the money to make the trip.

And your controller's custom paint job is good too :)

*** yeah! chiptunes! tix are 60, airplane is somewhere around 200-250.

go go go go go

SLyNKee

Smash Journeyman
ive taken apart a lot of gamecube controllers, the first generation gamecube controllers dont have the screws holding the shoulder buttons in place, but the later generations do (most commonly the platinum controllers)

Needs more pink dye!

FlatSoda

Smash Champion
hmmmm.

i should be getting hunter green/black for afro's controller. stuff is quite pricey. i'll get remaining colors another day.

Kamano

Smash Journeyman
Hmm, those screws could be the reason my shoulder buttons felt slightly different on my white import controller than on my wavebird. They have somewhat more of a tendancy to tilt a tiny bit in their slots when pressed from the wrong angle, whereas my wavebird's shoulder buttons seem more secure I guess.

FlatSoda

Smash Champion
Afro! I got the paint for your controller.

I'll be painting once all this raining or crap stops. good thing i won this MM to have money to spend. :)

Saltix

Smash Lord
I doubt that I can do this myself, since I don't know the first thing about painting lol.
Anyways, If/when I get more controllers/money, I want....

Yellow/Green/Red

We'll talk when I get 2 more controllers.

Also, since you disassemble them when painting, could you do a repair on my Control Stick? :3

FlatSoda

Smash Champion
I doubt that I can do this myself, since I don't know the first thing about painting lol.
Anyways, If/when I get more controllers/money, I want....

Yellow/Green/Red

We'll talk when I get 2 more controllers.

Also, since you disassemble them when painting, could you do a repair on my Control Stick? :3
well, what's the problem? i just bought 6 "broken" game boy pockets on ebay for 4 bucks. little did the owner know. i managed to fix 5 out of 6 of them. and they go for 20 a pop fully working on the bay. most nintendo products are meant to last. and it probably just needs a little cleaning. :)

freddybones

Smash Journeyman
I'd like one. You said $10 bucks for the paint job, right? Plus extra for shipping?
No problem.

I actually want one similar to the one you posted in the first post, but backwards. It'll be dual toned (Black and Green) but I want the top part black and the bottom part green. And then I want the shoulder buttons black to match the top. And if you can paint the 'A' button to match the green from the bottom, then you'd rock my world.

Send me a PM if you're interested, please.

Saltix

Smash Lord
Physically broken Control stick.
I'll try to get a picture if I can.

EDIT:No camera. Control stick is off center, and EXTREMELY loose left/right.
Intense melee work lol

FlatSoda

Smash Champion
ah, i see. :(

well, that's near impossible to replace unless you get a new controller.
I don't happen to have any scrap controllers, :/

I had a brand new controller with a defective cable, though i opened up that b;tch and rewired everything and works brand new. gave it away though, it was too ugly. lol.

hmm, painting would probably not be good for a controller like that. you could order some online for about 25 bucks, screw ebay though. in store controllers are only available platinum 24.99. orrrr oyu can order some from an import site. but eh.

:|

about sending it because I live in florida, I have to open up a paypal, i didn't expect it to be this requesting. should be soon, i just need more bread, and MM's should pave the way for that.

FlatSoda

Smash Champion
bump.

that's your controller afro, but i still need to do the buttons, and clean up the bottom half.

don't mind the game boys, i was doing some work. there's more game boys besides whats on the table. ;)

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
ooh afro you cheeky *******. i was just thinking "i should ask flatsoda to paint me a controller that looks similar to my car" which as most of you know, is a dark green with a black/beige interior....and now afro has the controller i want! dammit. The only way i can still get that controller is to have my buttons beige or something...

FlatSoda

Smash Champion
i have these colors:

forest green, 2x burgundy (flat/glossy), steel blue, desert sand, closest to beige.
when I get more bread I'll get these colors,
blue, yellow, purple, white

gonna cost me 20, so eh. i got 10 more bux to get from this mm, and yeeeeeeeaaah boy.

alright, i'm out. tattoo shop.

i'm gonna try stencils out on my next controller.

AfroQT

Smash Master
ooh afro you cheeky *******. i was just thinking "i should ask flatsoda to paint me a controller that looks similar to my car" which as most of you know, is a dark green with a black/beige interior....and now afro has the controller i want! dammit. The only way i can still get that controller is to have my buttons beige or something...
My controller will match my snakes camo, which of course is swamp camo.

freddybones

Smash Journeyman
Beauty!
I want one just like Afro's but backwards. Top part black and bottom part that EXACT colot green. Should buttons black to match the top.

FlatSoda

Smash Champion
yep, it's not really a problem. just my style of painting, because since i like split cases, it gives it the whole inverted feel.

or maybe i just like the buttons that color :(

Master Raven

Smash Master
Ruuku I was gonna show FSoda that picture later, except I'd ask him to paint my controller like the top-right shade. :p

Top Bottom