• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FL Social Thread:You Mad, You Lose.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
That was the only date for next level in February.

This weekend was Tampa brawl next week was mink and surge 17th is Megacon so 25th was the only free date this month

:phone:

AfroQT

Smash Master
if i still played brawl, i'd be hosting tournaments at ZP.

but i dont and dont really care for the game much.

Yo bad weskers are ****ing free, bad novas just go nuts are still a threat somehow.

B_AWAL

Smash Master
Next Level chooses their dates themselves without much input from the scene. Basically their independent.

I can't nor won't speak for anyone else though.
That was the only date for next level in February.

This weekend was Tampa brawl next week was mink and surge 17th is Megacon so 25th was the only free date this month

LMFAO

U really think I'm UPSET about THIS month???

1st off Tourneys like Gigabits, ZP & NLL take priority

2nd off anything GDX does I'd never be upset with

3rd off I'm talking about ALL the other tourneys over the PAST 2 YEARS that CFL has out of NOWHERE even tho someone who is less known is ALREADY having a tourney.

2 many times this has happened 2 Tally
Its happened 2 Naples, Panama, Jacksonville, a less known SFL location and other places

I'm not complainin 4 JUST myself I'm complainin because ppl the main reason WE as a state are NOT unified is cuz instead of traveling or allowing ppl to travel to these "FAR" locations so many ppl decide to have tourneys a week or 2 before hand and take away ppl that were willing to travel.

& guess what... look at the results... SFL doesn't give a ****... Well aside from ESAM & Chops they kinda never did

CFL has SO many tourneys and not as many ppl showed up as Gigs

There basically IS NO NFL aside from Me or PCola who plays w/ AL

Hell AL & GA player WILL TRAVEL 2 FL but there is no point in bringing THEM if FL players keep doing this bull****

Hell @ a point I had Players like Lee Martin & M2K @ my tournies

Please dont JUST look@ this **** as me being upset that ppl wont travel to my tourneys as much. Because I understand ppl have car troubles and I live FAR AS ****! lol

I'm saying all this because we NEED to unify the ACTUAL SCENE before we can bring ppl out to our scene and DO ****.

:sonic:

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
You also can't expect people to drive ~8 hours to a tournament (SFL to Tallahassee is about that much). That is sort of ridiculous and people that aren't seibrik/nick riddle/mvd/red halberd will definitely lose on the money end since that is a hefty bit of gas money, not to mention the...y'know...8 hours back. It's a whole weekend and normally people can't afford that much time to travel so they just go to the locals where they can leave that morning and come back that night.

B_AWAL

Smash Master
You also can't expect people to drive ~8 hours to a tournament (SFL to Tallahassee is about that much). That is sort of ridiculous and people that aren't seibrik/nick riddle/mvd/red halberd will definitely lose on the money end since that is a hefty bit of gas money, not to mention the...y'know...8 hours back. It's a whole weekend and normally people can't afford that much time to travel so they just go to the locals where they can leave that morning and come back that night.
I Already ADDRESSED THIS!

I CLEARLY SAID "Please dont JUST look@ this **** as me being upset that ppl wont travel to my tourneys as much. Because I understand ppl have car troubles and I live FAR AS ****! lol"

So I'm Not upset @ this.

2nd... FL doesn't wanna travel like that. Look @ GA and AL lol, Lee Martin, CJ and Sudai stayed in Louisiana HELL thats further than SFL.

Regardless I understand that I stay far as hell. Please read my post again and understand the MESSAGE rather than think I'm complainin about ppl not comin 2 my tourneys... I'll wait.

The point of what I'm saying is to address why our scene is DYING. Yes our game is considered to be "BAD" or w/e but we wont ever get back to teh good ol days if we simply just keep *****ing and put no effort out to actually support each other. And by support I mean NOT randomly have a tourney and TAKING AWAY ppl that would have traveled. By SUPPORT I mean NOT talkin **** about another person's tourney. By Support I mean goin out and attracting OOS players. THIS way our tourneys will be more stacked and any new ppl tat we invite to tourneys will want to come back and get better because they will SEE how BIG our scene IS or CAN BE.

*RAGE*

4 cryin out loud I mentioned SEVERAL Places OUTSIDE of ****ING TALLY!!!

MnM

Smash Journeyman
Phoenix is fine but I'm just mad at myself for not being able to stop her. Time to practice more with Joe

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
See, FL COULD be unified...
But the top players go for the money, and the non-top players want 5 dollars per person.
Or, CFL doesn't go to their own tournaments, and they don't often travel to SFL... so we don't wanna travel to CFL...
Or, NFL and SFL hold a tournament at the same time because NOBODY in SFL is going to NFL without like a 40-50 person guarantee... and $10.00 entry fee.

B_AWAL

Smash Master
AWAL cycle. Spams his tourneys on every thread multiple times. No one comes.

Lmfao!

More like spams tourneys... has 1 good 1. Then has 3 locals. Randomly travels 2 tourney.

Jus as bad but makes me feel better :-p

See, FL COULD be unified...
But the top players go for the money, and the non-top players want 5 dollars per person.
Or, CFL doesn't go to their own tournaments, and they don't often travel to SFL... so we don't wanna travel to CFL...
Or, NFL and SFL hold a tournament at the same time because NOBODY in SFL is going to NFL without like a 40-50 person guarantee... and $10.00 entry fee.
I understand your logic and for the MILLIONTH TIME I'm NOT TALKING ABOUT JUST TALLY

and the main point is that when players are WILLING to travel that distance some1 decides last min 2 hold a tourney on the same day instead of supporting another tourney. Or we aren't tryina get ppl outside of FL to come to OUR tourneys.

Theres SO much wrong with the FL scene right now....

Read WTF I'm typing

I'm talking about ALL the other tourneys over the PAST 2 YEARS that CFL has out of NOWHERE even tho someone who is less known is ALREADY having a tourney.

2 many times this has happened 2 Tally
Its happened 2 Naples, Panama, Jacksonville, a less known SFL location and other places

I'm not complainin 4 JUST myself I'm complainin because ppl the main reason WE as a state are NOT unified is cuz instead of traveling or allowing ppl to travel to these "FAR" locations so many ppl decide to have tourneys a week or 2 before hand and take away ppl that were willing to travel.

I'm saying its like we are crabs in a ****ing bucket! There will be ppl willing to travel to tourneys and all of the sudden sum1 wants to host a tourney and STEAL traveling ppl. **** this DOESNT JUST HAPPEN 2 ME!!! LMFAO! U kno how many time there will b a tourney in CFL and then SFL all of the sudden decides to host a tourney? or even Vice versa!?!

Got damnit man I dont give a **** if any1 doesn't come to my tourneys as long as I'm gaining a scene. 20 ppl is better than 3(Which is what I started with in Oct).

In fact I kinda dont want you guys coming to **** the new players because right now we are FREE and I dont want every1 being discouraged.

**** jus sucks *** cuz why would any1 wanna join a community where the state they reside in doesn't even work with each other.

S/o 2 New York Giants

Back to my point... WE NEED TO ****ING COMMUNICATE

The problems that we dont ****ing travel or communicate anymore...

if NEW ppl go to a tournament and see ppl from out of town come through they are gonna wanna come back.

I've tried on countless occasions to set up at least a FL smash league with you guys but no1 says ****.

and most of the ppl who make comments like "PPL ARE 2 LAZY" are the 1's that dont just host a ****ING tournament themselves.

I hate hypocrites n I hate *****es... SRSLY... b the change you wish to see

SN: CFL hogs all the good dates for tournies btw... 2 tourneys in a month and planning on the same day as other tourneys

GTFOH and ppl WONDER WHY no1 wants to travel anymore. Instead of working together you guys are the main one's double booking events and ****... man your ****ing kidding me!!! lol

DFEAR

Smash Hero
why not just go to school. do great. arrange study groups. get a good internship. kiss *** until your employer provides scholarship/grant benefits for your masters then expand upon your career?

DC

Smash Cadet
Yo the SFL brawl scene is ****in DEAD.

People who may think they caused this but really didnt:
DC (sorry sir)
Sorry my friend, I don't troll anymore. Didn't you read my post? Personally I don't think anyone "killed" the scene, I just think everyone is getting older and losing interest. That's inevitable with almost anything.

AfroQT

Smash Master
Sorry my friend, I don't troll anymore. Didn't you read my post? Personally I don't think anyone "killed" the scene, I just think everyone is getting older and losing interest. That's inevitable with almost anything.
Very true..

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
Lmfao!

More like spams tourneys... has 1 good 1. Then has 3 locals. Randomly travels 2 tourney.

Jus as bad but makes me feel better :-p

I understand your logic and for the MILLIONTH TIME I'm NOT TALKING ABOUT JUST TALLY

and the main point is that when players are WILLING to travel that distance some1 decides last min 2 hold a tourney on the same day instead of supporting another tourney. Or we aren't tryina get ppl outside of FL to come to OUR tourneys.

Theres SO much wrong with the FL scene right now....

Read WTF I'm typing

I'm saying its like we are crabs in a ****ing bucket! There will be ppl willing to travel to tourneys and all of the sudden sum1 wants to host a tourney and STEAL traveling ppl. **** this DOESNT JUST HAPPEN 2 ME!!! LMFAO! U kno how many time there will b a tourney in CFL and then SFL all of the sudden decides to host a tourney? or even Vice versa!?!

Got damnit man I dont give a **** if any1 doesn't come to my tourneys as long as I'm gaining a scene. 20 ppl is better than 3(Which is what I started with in Oct).

In fact I kinda dont want you guys coming to **** the new players because right now we are FREE and I dont want every1 being discouraged.

**** jus sucks *** cuz why would any1 wanna join a community where the state they reside in doesn't even work with each other.

S/o 2 New York Giants

Back to my point... WE NEED TO ****ING COMMUNICATE

Notive, I didn't mention Tally.
I said a reason for SFL, CFL, and NFL.
SFL doesn't wanna go without more money incentive.
CFL just doesn't travel.
NFL is ****ing FAR from SFL, so those two never meet.

inb4tally

B_AWAL

Smash Master
Notive, I didn't mention Tally.
I said a reason for SFL, CFL, and NFL.
SFL doesn't wanna go without more money incentive.
CFL just doesn't travel.
NFL is ****ing FAR from SFL, so those two never meet.

inb4tally
What place do ppl travel 2 thats actually considered NFL?

Tally... LOL actually... JUST ME. Gville was always practically CFL(CFL PR)

Jville, Panama & Pcola aint involved w/ FL affairs #IJS

Thanks 4 informing me on your grand facts NickR

but you still didn't address the fact that FL as a WHOLE doesn't communicate.

4 ****S sake your not even attacking the MEAT of my comment your harping on me talking about ppl comin 2 Tally tournies when I DONT GIVE A **** ABOUT THAT! lol

IM TALKING ABOUT FL AS A WHOLE NOT COMMUNICATING AND WORKING TOGETHER!!! PERIOD

*Turns on MEGAPHONE*

I DONT GIVE A **** ABOUT IF YOU GUYS COME TO TALLY OR NOT!!! IN FACT! I DONT WANT YOU ALL TO COME YET BECAUSE TALLY SUCKS AND WE ARE FREE!!!

Got damnit lol

We've already lost so many players and if we dont act right we aren't gonna get anymore.

AfroQT

Smash Master
8 hours apart might as well be a different state real talk...theres no reason for me to keep up to date about tournaments happening 8 hours away from me...thats what Nick is saying. My tournaments dont effect your tournaments, nor yours to ours. At best we split up OoS attendance, but we don't get much of that anyway because florida as a whole is so far south.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
You don't read either @_@

Nick is saying that there are differences in opinions of why people go to tournaments. SFL likes money, so they won't travel for tournaments that are 5$, which most CFL tournaments now are (Or get pot-***** like NLL). CFL just wants to practice, and they can just practice in their region and not travel 3 hours to play for 3 hours with SFL people and then dip.

Why would we communicate when there are clashes in interest and communicating becomes "YOu are wrong we are right," which it CLEARLY becomes in every SFL/CFL debate that has ever happened ever. You know when those stopped happening? When we stopped trying to communicate, and the social threads are actually nice now. Not enough people care enough about the game seriously as well, which is another rather large factor. Why would we travel for a game we don't care about.

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
Notice*, I didn't mention Tally.

inb4tally
What place do ppl travel 2 thats actually considered NFL?

Tally... LOL actually... JUST ME. Gville was always practically CFL(CFL PR)

I DONT GIVE A **** ABOUT IF YOU GUYS COME TO TALLY OR NOT!!! IN FACT! I DONT WANT YOU ALL TO COME YET BECAUSE TALLY SUCKS AND WE ARE FREE!!!
Anyway...
Are you reading my posts?
I'm literally explaining why we don't go to each other's tournaments.
I did it twice now.
You keep thinking I'm talking about Tally, but I'm really not.
I mentioned regions, not cities.
Let me state it again, in case you missed it.

SFL likes money. As a rule, the better SFL players are the ones who travel, so they hope to earn a profit. NFL is too far, without a guaranteed 40-50 people and a $10 entry fee, to travel to, and CFL tournaments are generally $5 singles, or NLL.
CFL doesn't travel to SFL for... whatever reason, and I don't know if they go to NFL.
NFL doesn't go to SFL because it's far, and some of them go to CFL occasionally.

Communication is literally 0 part of it. We see the tournament threads... and we choose to go to them or not... If SFL as a whole doesn't wanna go to a CFL/NFL tournament... we might host our own.
If CFL/NFL don't wanna travel on a CFL/NFL/SFL tournament date... they might host their own.

That's about how it works.
Please don't mention Tally again, nobody but you cares about it.

B_AWAL

Smash Master
@ESAM - Lol because I can assume ALL OF THIS INFORMATION thru everything he said.

But thats is why I told him thanks 4 his posts. Thanks for the insight. I never knew that the arguments went like that. I'm glad you elaborated because with JUST what he said there is no way I could have gotten ALL OF THIS information. There are plenty of solutions to the SFL wants money vs CFL wants experience debate. But if NO1 cares then theres no point. I'm upset because every time I posted an idea about a smash league in FL ppl start talking up until its time to put in work. That plus FL AS A WHOLE has for the most part gotten LAZY. (S/O 2 certain ppl that are doin their part tho)

& w/ the lazyness comes the loss of interest and migration to other games. I'm not speaking on this because I don't have high attendance from out of city players. I'm trying to REVIVE my area so I invite ppl so that you guys can SEE that I'm working on my community and so that if someone RANDOMLY pops up that lives close 2 me that can come out. I'm speaking on this because I aint know CFL & SFL stopped communicating srsly. & I wanted a change. I wanted to try and talk with CFL and SFL players. I have sponsors. I just dont wanna use em YET because I wanna unify FL 1st so that they ACTUALLY have something 2 sponsor.

But if U guys dont care. Aint **** I can do. Might as well say **** and just enjoy the ride until SMASH is dun dyin in FL.

@Xaltis - I'm gonna pub no matter what lol. Why the **** would I NOT do that? I'm saying that instead of replying to my posts talking about you guys NOT traveling. Reply to my posts talking to me about WHY FL DOESN'T COMMUNICATE. Hence I said you weren't READING My posts. NickR answered and ESAM elaborated. Kudos to them

@Afro - Lets just say I concur witchu. Any other response will take the conversation away from where I intended

Edit: @NickR - Thanks 4 educating me. 4 the record.... I mentioned more than JUST Tally anyways. #IJS

izzy24

Smash Ace
I never post here o.O but if any of you guys liked the madoka magica Anime and you want a plushie I made I put the homura akemi plush on eBay for auction :3

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250988494135

Most of my plushies can be found here ---->http://lolilovesrain.deviantART.com

Then there's my website but its still under construction so ehhhh

Loli holy cow these are awesome!!!!!!!! O.o

so i was wondering how much would a plushy cost. Something like this: http://www.bravemule.com/h345 its not an anime but still if it isnt too hard or too much money i would be seriously interested in one :::: )

LoliLovesRain

Smash Master
Loli holy cow these are awesome!!!!!!!! O.o

so i was wondering how much would a plushy cost. Something like this: http://www.bravemule.com/h345 its not an anime but still if it isnt too hard or too much money i would be seriously interested in one :::: )
because you're a cheater and linked me to an actual tutorial so I wouldn't have to just do it on my own it'd probably be the cheapest I offer xD ill pm you my website that I put my commission info on if you want. I just rather not show people the website cuz it doesn't have all of my examples up xD but its where I saved my commission info

B_AWAL

Smash Master
Tru but I have NOTHING 2 lose ya kno?

and its better that I try than me NOT trying

BTW Panty and Stocking is 2 gud

DFEAR

Smash Hero

im doing exactly wut awal is doing.

advertising.

he has the right to advertise with respect to any one of the exclusive rights comprised
in a copyright, refers to the owner of that particular right.

Top Bottom