• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FL Social Thread:You Mad, You Lose.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
want me to just publicly display all your info on certain sites to see: including address/phone/mailbox/emails/igns and ruin your life?

its possible. but im a nice guy. great power comes great responsibility. no threats were initiated.

Xaltis

Smash Hero
want me to just publicly display all your info on certain sites to see: including address/phone/mailbox/emails/igns and ruin your life?

its possible. but im a nice guy. great power comes great responsibility. no threats were initiated.
lol no threats? XD

and its more like. Your not an *******.

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
Ya'll are dumb.

The reason no one plays anymore is because we're not 12 anymore. People are moving on.

The reason CFL doesn't travel anymore is because i have a job now.
The reason tournaments are cheap is because my job sucks.

OverLade

Smash Hero
Yall should have worked harder to keep your respective scenes going instead of trying to make people travel to tournaments from other regions.

If you can encourage new players to stick around and become apart of your scene, then your tournaments will have large turnout, AND PEOPLE WILL TRAVEL. Imo it's because pretty much every scene in FL is a really exclusive clique of close friends that aren't interested in expanding their scene.

I blame SFL elitist mentality tbh. None of your top players make an effort to give people a reason to stick around.

Also, Brawl is bad, and everyone should switch to SF/Marvel.

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
I've been playing with UCF kids around here and iw as going to hang up flyers for my tourney thisw eekend, but there isn't enough room at my APPT for that.

So..

When i find a better venue.

But, lowering the prices makes scrubs wanna come out.

AfroQT

Smash Master
I blame SFL elitist mentality tbh. None of your top players make an effort to give people a reason to stick around.
I'd agree if our scene was dieing because of lack of players.
But its dieing because all of the players in SFL just dont care abou the game lol. The SFL mentality has always been extremely competitive. We play to win. Alot of people in SFL (myself included) just enjoy competition. If SFL wanted to "revive" the scene, we'd start playing again lol. We still have plenty of players down here that would go to tournaments, we just dont host them.

For SFL, i guess instead of saying our scene is dieing, we should say our scene quit brawl, because thats what we did lol.

Another thing is alot of people are only part of the scene as people who enter tournaments, and just dont host them (for whatever reason?). Its pretty easy to TO a tourney of 20 people.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
Trying and failing is always 100% better than not trying at all

In every aspect of life

Yea the people here who win the most don't care for the money really cause we got jobs ( me nick sometimes Jeff). Why go to sfl to not have fun due to playstyles of brawl and the brawlers down there

Even lame playstyles in other fighters is still kinda fun sometimes depending on the character laming you out. I don't think any character laming you out in brawl is remotely fun. It's due to both the best and worst part of smash which is stage mobility

It's why I wish we all uniformally played something else. Cause I love you guys..but I been wanting to quit brawl for like a year. You guys are just way more fun than ofgc so I can never actually leave :laugh:

Speaking of which I'm still down to play/practice with peoples if they want. And ill still go to locals or even sfl tourneys to support their lameness ( if I had a ride). But I have 5 classes and a FT job so I had to pay a monkey to scratch my *** cause I don't have time

:phone:

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
Also I have a mancrush on nick #2 aka awal

Actually you all should play soul calibur. It scarily has a lot in common with smash

Edit: Afro and sensei chops will always be remembered as men who fought like men

AfroQT

Smash Master
Im playing exclusively MvC3. I may pick up SF and im definitely not playing SFxT. Probably same for SC never played a 3d fighter lol.

AND IM BOUT TO START ROCKIN JOE
Cuz this *****
is so ****in stylish oh my goddddddddd

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
Sc is pretty legit actually. Honestly if you play AE or marvel same thing cause they're both at every tourney so we would still see each other lol

But guys there is one important thing I did want to bring up.

Don't feel bad that the game is dying here. That's what happens to fighting games. They have waves of popularity and some survive the down waves and some don't. If you are a fighting game that isn't capcom its a hard life. There are far better fighting games that also don't get played just cause its not apart of the big two. We don't have the bonus of having multiple fighting games at all our tourneys. Being solo non AE/marvel is rough and they aren't that much better off than us attendance wise. They do however have the chance to be hosted with those big two so people would at least randomly watch the game and may even pick it up. Why do you think I bring an xbox to every NLL? To try to put them in the same tourneys to possible get cross attention. I don't touch marvel but best believe I have it playing at nll

Anyway the model of single game tourneys is old and with the price of venues its almost impossible. Smaller games like smash need to be with other fighters for its own sake just as much as smaller ofgc tourneys need more players to pay the door fee.

I feel like if there aren't more tourneys like apex with fgc and smash then our scene is gonna die in a lot more places than just Florida

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
Then blame the original SFL top players.
You wanna know how I got better?
I got ****ing destroyed over and over again until I stopped.
That's how I learned, so that's how I try to teach people.

I mean, if you're playing a game to win/win money... what reason is there to stick around besides money?
If I wanted to hang out with SFL smashers... I'd just hang out with them... So, if the reason SHOULD be friendship... why do we need to play Brawl?

Also, whenever SFL actually hosts tournaments, our newbies continue to show up... We just don't host any tournaments...

Xaltis

Smash Hero

I mean, if you're playing a game to win/win money... what reason is there to stick around besides money?
If I wanted to hang out with SFL smashers... I'd just hang out with them... So, if the reason SHOULD be friendship... why do we need to play Brawl?

Also, whenever SFL actually hosts tournaments, our newbies continue to show up... We just don't host any tournaments...
Man I couldn't agree more with all of this.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Everybody play MvC3. More fun than brawl by a lot~

But don't mind me, I'm just a random South Carolinian.

GreenAce

Smash Ace
I'm so lame the rest of sfl is considered keep away.

I don't agree money motivates people. I'm in it for the competition and leveling up 100%. The money is a bonus to me.

OverLade

Smash Hero
My existence on SWF is no longer dictated by a love or desire to play brawl, nor is it dictated by a love for the community.

That basically leaves the only thing, my desire to endlessly hate on and bash SFL. Never gets old :)

Two-Ell

Smash Master
^It's pretty funny to read lol.

I own Marvel and I'll take it seriously when I get around to being in the mood. Otherwise, I'm mostly sticking with the weeaboo fighters. I can't wait for BB: CS Extend~

:rosalina:

Xaltis

Smash Hero
My existence on SWF is no longer dictated by a love or desire to play brawl, nor is it dictated by a love for the community.

That basically leaves the only thing, my desire to endlessly hate on and bash SFL. Never gets old :)
When did you ever like SFL? Although it doesn't seem like you hate us in person. Or that's how you act to me at least. = (

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Yo, bashing FL (Not even South) is fun cuz you are all people who will never amount to anything at life and are bad at a video game go **** yourself elitist pig mother ****ers

On an unrelated note: God Bless America looks amazing.

Exdeath

Smash Master
Have you not seen the new characters in scv. So anime but in 3d form lol

SC has some cool characters (a.k.a. Nightmare :awesome:). The main reason that I haven't really gotten into it is because it's not very fun at a casual level and time spent improving for competition would be better spent practicing AE.

B_AWAL

Smash Master
Good stuff
Several of us have... I myself have been rebuilding my scene

Pcola is basically AL

Panama is into other games and GA

Jville is into other games and GA

Gville is well... suffering the MOST in my opinion

Mink and GDX are holding down CFL

Afro, Seibrik & NickR have eben holding down SFL

So thats not really the problem. Which you missed the entire point of.

Not enuff ppl care to work towards unifying FL and then ppl like you say "Brawl is bad so switch games" plus ppl are losing interest. ie Masky, Ryo, Gmoney, HrNut, You, SFL(Who are all so ****ING GOOD).

Edit: SC5 huh? I like Maxi & Kilik so I guess I cud give it a shot

Good stuff:phone:
Tbh that sounds like a pretty legit idea... jus having regular tourneys with smash as PART of it instead of being the whole thing.

Once I get my PS3 and UMVC3 (& prob SC3) I'll try it out

B_AWAL

Smash Master

This post makes me wish i lived in SFL :'(

All in all I guess I'm jus glad 2 have met u guys. I figured that I wanted to try 2 SAVE a game when in fact this is just how things turn out. Melee ws 2 gud and is... Just not as good.

U all still hafta come party with me. After I get enuff drugs and badd *****es 4 every1! O and liq...

:sonic:

AfroQT

Smash Master
Rofl its funny because the most elitist person in SFL was probably you Eric teehee

And even now you're still the most elitist person FROM Sfl =D

SFL 4 Lyfe

Btw SFL > Rest of FL at MVC <3333333
PARTICULARLY TAMPA THO

SFL doesnt include Eric or Jesse btw get bodayyyeddd
Or DJ Jack quadruple edit getlikeme

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
And we have Flash Metroid....so I think we would win that too.

I'm not elitist, I'm arrogant. There is a difference. Elitist is more "I'M GOOD YOU SUCK YOU CAN'T ASK ME FOR ANYTHING FOR ADVICE BECAUSE YOU ARE SO BAD AND GOD DAMN JUST KILL YOURSELF." I'm arrogant because I know I am godlike, but I help people when they ask...hell I even help people mid tournament set (As in between matches).

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Sorry, I help people I'm not scared of in tournament mid-tournament set. I help you in friendlies if I know how @_@ If I don't know what the person does wrong I can't tell them lol.

B_AWAL

Smash Master
LMFAO!

ESAM Afro & NickR r those bad guys u need in amovie 2 make interesting. Only that they aren't actuallybad guys wen u take 2 secs 2 post wit em.

:sonic:

Top Bottom